How To Soften Hearts

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Re: How To Soften Hearts

Post by BruceRGilbert »

(I am grateful to WhereCanITurn4Peace who years ago shared this beautiful, touching rendition on this Forum)

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Juliet wrote: Thank you Bruce. I do love your comments. You are deep and sincere.
(Thank you, Juliet.)
From the Prophet, Joseph Smith:
“The things of God are of deep import; and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out. Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. How much more dignified and noble are the thoughts of God, than the vain imaginations of the human heart! …
“… Let honesty, and sobriety, and candor, and solemnity, and virtue, and pureness, and meekness, and simplicity crown our heads in every place; and in fine, become as little children, without malice, guile or hypocrisy. And now, brethren, *after your tribulations, if you do these things, and exercise fervent prayer and faith in the sight of God always, He shall give unto you knowledge by His Holy Spirit, yea by the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost
( History of the Church, 3:295–96; paragraph divisions altered; from a letter from Joseph Smith and others to Edward Partridge and the Church, Mar. 20, 1839, Liberty Jail, Liberty, Missouri; parts of this letter were later included in the Doctrine and Covenants as sections 121, 122, and 123.)

* Trials of Faith, Abrahamic Test/s.

The Radio Station Analogy

Generally speaking, the Holy Ghost will relay the messages from The Savior and The Father, but on occasion, The Savior will "intervene." (One can "recognize" the change in ministration - "a unique Word.")

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Last edited by BruceRGilbert on March 13th, 2017, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Thank you, I love those songs. I give you permission to hijack the thread BruceRGilbert.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Thank you for your posts, BruceRGilbert. I appreciate many of your comments, you bring a wise and honorable spirit here on the forum.

Juliet, thank you for a thoughtful and kind thread.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Juliet,

This probably isn't helpful but maybe it offers solace: Some people aren't ready, and that's ok. They will remember you in the future and seek you out because they will remember the seed you planted.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Red wrote: March 8th, 2017, 9:45 pm Juliet,

This probably isn't helpful but maybe it offers solace: Some people aren't ready, and that's ok. They will remember you in the future and seek you out because they will remember the seed you planted.
Thank you so much. I suppose patience is a major ingredient in the recipe of the development of souls.