1882 Oracle received by John Taylor about Celestial Marriage

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
jwharton
captain of 1,000

Re: 1882 Oracle received by John Taylor about Celestial Marriage

Post by jwharton »

BrianM wrote:
jwharton wrote:I demand all mockery cease because if it doesn't what I am threatening is that I will place a seal upon your soul that will demand that this behavior be counted as a testimony against you in your day of judgment. While I am not in an office of authority above you, my priesthood is fully intact and you are not to mock anyone who has such authority. Think of this seal I will put on you as a lien against your eternal salvation that will have to be rectified or released before you are cleared for entrance into the Celestial Kingdom. You may scoff, but I have had the Spirit give me the authority to seal people to Babylon. I have done it before and I will do it again if I am moved upon by the Holy Ghost to do so. I'm patient, but that's because I do carry a big stick.
This is NOT an appropriate way to communicate with others, especially if you expect anyone to take your message seriously.
Will you please take into consideration there has been a significant amount of provocation here?

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Mark wrote:Seal away brother. While you are at it you can also make a voodoo doll with my name on it and throw darts at it every night before you retire. Maybe that will relax you a bit. You are wound tighter than a 2 dollar watch. Take a deep breath and go do something fun rather than continuing to post threatening damnation to souls on a loonie internet forum. :ymcowboy:
As I said, I demand to be treated with simple basic due respect as a son of God. Is that really too much to ask?

If Brian is willing to be involved and provide some discipline and guidance to the scoffers and mockers, I will happily withdraw any and all of my efforts to stand up for myself. He posted in this tread so I am going to assume, for the time being, he is going to make some efforts.

Think it through Mark.... my actions here are pretty logical, at least for someone who doesn't put up with disrespect.

If I feel like it is hopeless and I am just willing to give up anyway, what do I have to lose to attempt to sober things up some?

If you would like me to chill out a bit, STOP TREATING ME WITH SUCH CONTEMPT AND DISRESPECT.

If you believe my views are wrong, then lets talk about how they are right or wrong.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

gclayjr wrote:jwharton,
You can either continue with me in the Spirit of Truth and actually try to achieve mutual understanding or be quiet.
Apparently AI2.0, in fact , has more than 2 choices.
Of course he has many things he can do.
Those are the two options that would also satisfy me.
If he could care less about my interests, then of course he can choose to continue to twist my words and mock me.

gclayjr wrote:OK, I do think that things my be descending into mocking, but are you so clueless as to not see how you are now encouraging it?
Only in the same manner that Samuel the Lamanite encouraged Nephites to shoot arrows at him.

gclayjr wrote:To unbelievers, like AI2.0, Mark, Rewcox, and me, you look like a child pouting and looking between his thumb and forefinger as he wiggles them to squeeze our heads.
When you first started whining about people mocking you, you were just unable to take true rebuttals to your ridiculous arguments. Now you have descended into a childish tantrum. It is hard not to goad you when you make such ridiculous claims.
I disagree. I want to get into the substance of things.
gclayjr wrote:If I claimed to be a wizard, and people didn't believe me, then It would be natural for them to challenge me to "prove it"

Don't make any such claims unless you are prepared to "walk your talk:, instead of just whining!

or... expect the mocking to continue.

Regards,

George Clay
I wish to continue having dialog that is on-point.
I desire this because I know I can support the things you are mocking me about.
The reason the mocking of me starts is because it is your side that has no substantive response.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Melissa wrote:People like to use the poor widow as a righteous reason to marry more than one woman. It's distasteful and a bit offensive the way some use this idea.
Please keep in mind, God's Law gives such women the OPTION to be received by a man as a plural wife.
It is the precepts of men that are dictating to those women who do wish to receive the benefit of God's Law that they CAN'T receive this benefit.

How do you think God feels about people making a provision of His law illegal?

The arrogance here is on the part of the world who forced the Manifesto or else they would destroy the Church.
And, the arrogance is now also on the part of those in the church who make no effort and hope no effort is made to open up this lawful provision to those who would like to opt for it.

I totally agree widows shouldn't be forced to do it, but it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to prevent those who wish to be a plural wife from doing so.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Jeremy wrote:
jwharton wrote:I demand all mockery cease because if it doesn't what I am threatening is that I will place a seal upon your soul that will demand that this behavior be counted as a testimony against you in your day of judgment. While I am not in an office of authority above you, my priesthood is fully intact and you are not to mock anyone who has such authority. Think of this seal I will put on you as a lien against your eternal salvation that will have to be rectified or released before you are cleared for entrance into the Celestial Kingdom. You may scoff, but I have had the Spirit give me the authority to seal people to Babylon. I have done it before and I will do it again if I am moved upon by the Holy Ghost to do so. I'm patient, but that's because I do carry a big stick.
#:-s
Sure, the mockery is lame but so is an appeal to ones own priesthood authority being used to seal people to Babylon. Let people seal their own fate. No need to carry or threaten with your supposed big stick. Persuade some other way.
The case where some people were sealed up to Babylon is when an LDS couple gave verbal assurances of something to me but then turned around and took a legal advantage because some of our agreement was not written down on black and white. They hired a lawyer who didn't care about their verbal assurances to me and they just said I have no legal claim, but I certainly had a moral claim. I went to the bishop, whose wife is a dear friend to the wife I was having trouble with, and he said to just go get a lawyer and that he wanted no part of it.

The loss I incurred due to them breaking their assurance to me was at least $500,000. I was left entirely with no help at all. So, one day when I was praying and seeking revelation on what to do about it the Lord revealed to me that it was within my right to seal them up to the Babylon system they were using to defraud me. I was instructed to warn them and let them know what was happening. The scoffed at my warning but the Spirit instructed me to go ahead and do as I had been told to do. I sealed them up to Babylon and they won't be free of it until I am restored 100-fold for the loss they inflicted upon me.

So, I have been instructed to do such things before and if people revile me and I warn them enough and the continue to do so, I will do what the Spirit instructs me to do. It is the inhabitants of Zion that shall judge all things in Zion. Anybody here can think I'm nuts and insult me and think somehow you have derailed this conversation to your benefit. In the end it won't be seen that way. It will be seen that I was as patient as anyone should ever be expected to be and that those who preferred to mock and twist my words instead of just respectfully hear me out are the ones deserving of eternal contempt and shame. I know there is valid substance that backs up what I say and I'm willing to go to whatever level of depth someone wishes to go into order to search the matter out. That is holding onto the iron rod and that is what I have done and in having done this I have tasted of exceedingly good fruit, for the which I am the least bit ashamed.

So, you all can continue mocking me if that is what you feel the need to do, but I assure you, those who have exhibited a susceptibility to let these demons operate through you to do this, you are who shall indeed find the great and spacious building you are standing in, from my point of view, has no foundation. All of you have rejected the oracles and you mock and ridicule those who are determined to hold true to the Father's Plan. It hasn't changed and it won't ever change. If we think such then we are indeed under strong delusion and are believing a lie.

Thankfully there are still some people out there, like Delight, who are the original Mormon who just loves and wants the truth.