Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Tbmbro
captain of 10

Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

Post by Tbmbro »

Hi friends, I've been following this bloghttps://purerevelations.wordpress.com for around a year or so, and I wanted to know your thoughts on it.

The author, who remains anonymous, has claimed to receive his Baptism of Fire and the Second Comforter. He posts occasionally and has written a book https://www.amazon.com/How-Have-Your-Se ... B01G7B1B12 detailing his experience and some techniques to help individuals get there as well.

For the most part I like the blog, he always tells people to confirm what he says with the Lord and mostly posts spiritually uplifting things and interesting ways to look at gospel ideas.

However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.

I'm very hesitant about these kind of blogs because of the whole Denver Snuffer situation. I don't want to get roped in by a charlatan who claims they alone are in the right way, while the leaders of the Church are wrong. However, I do feel that reading the posts have been a positive influence on my spirituality. I feel that I read more, pray better, and really seek more to have a relationship with my father in heaven.

What are your thoughts. Is it a net good or a net bad? Cheers!

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: Thoughts on the Pure Revelations Blog

Post by diligently seeking »

Tbmbro wrote:Hi friends, I've been following this bloghttps://purerevelations.wordpress.com for around a year or so, and I wanted to know your thoughts on it.

The author, who remains anonymous, has claimed to receive his Baptism of Fire and the Second Comforter. He posts occasionally and has written a book https://www.amazon.com/How-Have-Your-Se ... B01G7B1B12 detailing his experience and some techniques to help individuals get there as well.

For the most part I like the blog, he always tells people to confirm what he says with the Lord and mostly posts spiritually uplifting things and interesting ways to look at gospel ideas.

However there are some definite red flags. He doesn't outright fault the Church, but does have a few insinuations that they aren't completely on the right track. He also claims in his book that the Lord told him to pay his Tithing a different way. (Directly to revealed needy families rather than to the Bishop.) This caused him to lose his temple recommend. He seems to indicate that this was almost an Abrahamic test of sorts that led to him receiving the Second Comforter. I think I would be fine with this because Abrahamic tests starting with Abraham have always seemed pretty contradictory (I mean God literally told Abraham to sacrifice his son, not exactly orthodox or easy). For his part, he says he still attends Church and admits that it is mostly true. He's definitely one of the remnant folks.

I'm very hesitant about these kind of blogs because of the whole Denver Snuffer situation. I don't want to get roped in by a charlatan who claims they alone are in the right way, while the leaders of the Church are wrong. However, I do feel that reading the posts have been a positive influence on my spirituality. I feel that I read more, pray better, and really seek more to have a relationship with my father in heaven.

What are your thoughts. Is it a net good or a net bad? Cheers!

Sounds like you have tasted good fruit through what you have read?

Root yourself in Christ. Have it be your utmost goal to know God and his holy son Jesus whom he has sent. Their perfections, character, and attributes should be foremost what we desire to learn and assimilate in our lives. If this is your focus--that which is right will fall into place and that which is ascue or wrong will fall out of place. Believe that you are Father's business. It is his work and glory that you get it right so that you might one day receive all that has. :) There's so much good that points to the truths of our gracious Father and his Son in the church, outside of the church through the blog that you reference etc. Hunger and thirst after righteousness. Live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. By its fruit you shall know truth from error.

The Blog is a "net good" for me. :)

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

A no name with some opposition to the church.

A real test would be to state your name don't you think?

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

rewcox wrote:A no name with some opposition to the church.

Does a name establish anything?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Jeremy wrote:

It depends on if it has a middle initial or not. :ymsmug:

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

inho wrote:It depends on if it has a middle initial or not. :ymsmug:
=))

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Jeremy wrote:

A name establishes a person not hiding behind anonymity.

The OP makes some good points to be concerned about. It is not LDS doctrine that you need to pay tithing directly to poor people. This is a concept from Denver Snuffer and Remnant types.

It is not LDS doctrine that you have to do some sort of special sacrifice for Christ to accept you. Christ asks for a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Some have said that their sacrifice was to resign from the Church. More bad doctrine from Snuffer and the Remnants.

Elder Ballard has spoken more than once not to leave the church. That is LDS doctrine. The blogger has shut himself out of the temple, which impedes helping ancestors. LDS doctrine is to have a current temple recommend so you can help your family and your ancestors.

Run from that blog site.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Apostate, stay away from this false teacher.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

rewcox wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

The OP makes some good points to be concerned about. It is not LDS doctrine that you need to pay tithing directly to poor people. This is a concept from Denver Snuffer and Remnant types.

It is not LDS doctrine that you have to do some sort of special sacrifice for Christ to accept you. Christ asks for a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Some have said that their sacrifice was to resign from the Church. More bad doctrine from Snuffer and the Remnants.

Elder Ballard has spoken more than once not to leave the church. That is LDS doctrine. The blogger has shut himself out of the temple, which impedes helping ancestors. LDS doctrine is to have a current temple recommend so you can help your family and your ancestors.

Run from that blog site.
Perhaps it would more correct to say that a sacrifice is a not a very well known LDS doctrine. I would invite you to study the law of sacrifice as taught in the Lectures on Faith.
7 Let us here observe, that a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation; for from the first existence of man, the faith necessary unto the enjoyment of life and salvation never could be obtained without the sacrifice of all earthly things: it was through this sacrifice, and this only, that God has ordained that men should enjoy eternal life; and it is through the medium of the sacrifice of all earthly things, that men do actually know that they are doing the things that are well pleasing in the sight of God. When a man has offered in sacrifice all that he has, for the truth's sake, not even withholding his life, and believing before God that he has been called to make this sacrifice, because he seeks to do his will, he does know most assuredly, that God does and will accept his sacrifice and offering, and that he has not nor will not seek his face in vain. Under these circumstances, then, he can obtain the faith necessary for him to lay hold on eternal life.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed LDS on judgment day when they find their expectations to be in vain.
8 It is in vain for persons to fancy to themselves that they are heirs with those, or can be heirs with them, who have offered their all in sacrifice, and by this means obtained faith in God and favor with him so as to obtain eternal life, unless they in like manner offer unto him the same sacrifice, and through that offering obtain the knowledge that they are accepted of him.
Too bad they are not taught of these things in church. Joseph Smith sacrificed his life to bring us the word of the Lord and has been treated as so much trash. Much easier to sell a church that teaches that you can have it all here and now and have all in the after life as well. Gospel lite.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Thomas wrote:
rewcox wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Run from that blog site.
Perhaps it would more correct to say that a sacrifice is a not a very well known LDS doctrine. I would invite you to study the law of sacrifice as taught in the Lectures on Faith.
7 Let us here observe, that a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation; for from the first existence of man, the faith necessary unto the enjoyment of life and salvation never could be obtained without the sacrifice of all earthly things: it was through this sacrifice, and this only, that God has ordained that men should enjoy eternal life; and it is through the medium of the sacrifice of all earthly things, that men do actually know that they are doing the things that are well pleasing in the sight of God. When a man has offered in sacrifice all that he has, for the truth's sake, not even withholding his life, and believing before God that he has been called to make this sacrifice, because he seeks to do his will, he does know most assuredly, that God does and will accept his sacrifice and offering, and that he has not nor will not seek his face in vain. Under these circumstances, then, he can obtain the faith necessary for him to lay hold on eternal life.
I think there will be a lot of disappointed LDS on judgment day when they find their expectations to be in vain.
8 It is in vain for persons to fancy to themselves that they are heirs with those, or can be heirs with them, who have offered their all in sacrifice, and by this means obtained faith in God and favor with him so as to obtain eternal life, unless they in like manner offer unto him the same sacrifice, and through that offering obtain the knowledge that they are accepted of him.
Too bad they are not taught of these things in church. Joseph Smith sacrificed his life to bring us the word of the Lord and has been treated as so much trash. Much easier to sell a church that teaches that you can have it all here and now and have all in the after life as well. Gospel lite.
Standard Remnant/Denver doctrine. No we don't believe that.

Doctrine and Covenants 59:8
8 Thou shalt offer a sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

This is from Christ. He doesn't say you have to do something strange.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

To the OP. Whenever one requests opinions of others, expect opinions as diverse and numerous as those offering them. If you want to experience what Nephi experienced; what the bro of Jared experienced, etc. Do the things they experienced. That is not to say slay a man and steal his record or molten stones. It is to say to you to inquire of the Lord. He requires a broken heart and contrite spirit indeed rather than sacrificial animals. But Joseph Smith knew what he was talking about.
Lecture on Faith 2, Question 146: How do men obtain a knowledge of the glory of God, his perfections and attributes?

By devoting themselves to his service, through prayer and supplication incessantly, strengthening their faith in him, until like Enoch, the brother of Jared, and Moses, they obtain a manifestation of God to themselves.
After you have inquired enough of foolish men like me, inquire of the Lord. None of us have the power to save. The very best we can do is to point you to Christ.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

rewcox wrote:A name establishes a person not hiding behind anonymity.
What is the name of the holy ghost?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Jeremy wrote:
Mahonrimoriancumer.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

rewcox wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Mahonrimoriancumer.
Thanks for the reminder. The brother of Jared. That would have been a crazy test for his actual name to be used.

...I wonder if sometimes a test is to not use your name.
...I wonder if sometimes anonymity is a test for the audience, trying their ability to rely on spiritual confirmation rather than an appeal to supposed authority.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Never go back to this blog site.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

marc wrote:After you have inquired enough of foolish men like me, inquire of the Lord. None of us have the power to save. The very best we can do is to point you to Christ.
And this is all that needs to be said here.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Jeremy wrote:
rewcox wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
Mahonrimoriancumer.
Thanks for the reminder. The brother of Jared. That would have been a crazy test for his actual name to be used.

...I wonder if sometimes a test is to not use your name.
...I wonder if sometimes anonymity is a test for the audience, trying their ability to rely on spiritual confirmation rather than an appeal to supposed authority.
We know a lot about the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost doesnt lead astray, unlike anonymous blog posters.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I'd have to say that if a person's revelations lead them to be unable to enter the temple that the revelations are false.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

rewcox wrote:We know a lot about the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost doesnt lead astray, unlike anonymous blog posters.
But we don't know the Holy Ghosts name. So clearly "anonymity" does not equal "lead astray" or some other nefarious work, as you seem to imply.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

LDS Physician wrote:I'd have to say that if a person's revelations lead them to be unable to enter the temple that the revelations are false.
What about Lehi's personal revelations that lead him to leave, thus separating him from the temple?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

detailing his experience and some techniques to help individuals get there as well.
Techniques? So what are these techniques exactly? What comes to mind are signs or tokens, signalling to the evil one that he may answer you, rather than the right spirit.
Last edited by Sarah on January 23rd, 2017, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Jeremy wrote:
rewcox wrote:We know a lot about the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost doesnt lead astray, unlike anonymous blog posters.
But we don't know the Holy Ghosts name. So clearly "anonymity" does not equal "lead astray" or some other nefarious work, as you seem to imply.
The Holy Ghost's name is the Holy Ghost.

Whether an anonymous blogger, or LDSFF poster, who post things that are clearly not LDS doctrine, they are leading astray. they are leading astray from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Christ's Gospel, the ordinances that lead back to God, etc.

As in the OP, and the Amonhies for example.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Stay in the boat!

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Jeremy wrote:
LDS Physician wrote:I'd have to say that if a person's revelations lead them to be unable to enter the temple that the revelations are false.
What about Lehi's personal revelations that lead him to leave, thus separating him from the temple?
A much different situation:

1) he was a prophet
2) his actions didn't cause his access to the temple to be revoked by a prophet

Contemplator
captain of 100

Post by Contemplator »

LDS Physician wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
A much different situation:

1) he was a prophet
2) his actions didn't cause his access to the temple to be revoked by a prophet
Honest question. How did Lehi become a prophet? Was it because he saw God and received a prophetic call? He was not a Levite, thus did not have priesthood under the Law of Moses. At roughly the same time, Nahum, Huldah (the prophetess), Jeremiah and Zephaniah were also prophets (source: LDS Bible Dictionary, Chronological Tables). In addition, at about the same time as Lehi lived and served, Nephi was a prophet (or so says the song ;-) and we do not have a record of how he was called by a church to be the prophet. We do, however, know of his visions that cause us to think of him as a prophet.

Please understand that there is no agenda behind this question. I honestly am curious about your, or anybody else, thoughts on this. If Lehi is the prototype, how did Lehi (or anyone else) become a prophet? Does it require a calling in a church to be a prophet?