Brigham Young Blood Atonement - NOT LDS Doctrine

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Brigham Young Blood Atonement - NOT LDS Doctrine

Post by rewcox »

Rachael wrote:Voluntarily submitting to BA is like suicide. Murdering yourself. Having others to participate in bringing it about makes them murders too. Believing it is necessary, is blasphemous against Christ's Atonement. Adding your own blood to Christ's?
rewcox wrote:This is our day.

We have the Book of Mormon, we have the Church organization, we have the priesthood and ordinances, and we have temples.
If Christ is not counted first and foremost in your list, we have nothing. Nada. Just some buildings and doctrines of men.
You are correct.
- The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Christ.
- Nephi said: 26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
- Christ said to Alma the Elder: 20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
- When we come to Christ, we want to go forth and help gather His sheep. This is our day.

- The Melchizedek Priesthood is Christ's Priesthood.

- Godliness is in the ordinances. See D&C 84

- On our temples is : The House of the Lord. Who shall stand in his holy place?:Ps. 24:3–5;

It is all about coming to Christ and God. See the last verses in D&C 50.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Rachael wrote:Voluntarily submitting to BA is like suicide. Murdering yourself. Having others to participate in bringing it about makes them murders too. Believing it is necessary, is blasphemous against Christ's Atonement. Adding your own blood to Christ's?

We have the Book of Mormon, we have the Church organization, we have the priesthood and ordinances, and we have temples.
If Christ is not counted first and foremost in your list, we have nothing. Nada. Just some buildings and doctrines of men.
Your comment seems to join into the context of orthodox Christianity that is looking forward to when the Kingdom comes.
The purpose for what Christ did was to make mankind worthy to receive what we have been given, which is that very Kingdom.
Do you see where you have perhaps neglected to consider the significance and importance the LDS offering is to people?
And, then, once people come in and receive their blessings in the Kingdom, if they then commit grievous sin, then Perdition awaits.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

jwharton wrote:

Your comment seems to join into the context of orthodox Christianity that is looking forward to when the Kingdom comes.
The purpose for what Christ did was to make mankind worthy to receive what we have been given, which is that very Kingdom.
Do you see where you have perhaps neglected to consider the significance and importance the LDS offering is to people?
And, then, once people come in and receive their blessings in the Kingdom, if they then commit grievous sin, then Perdition awaits.
I do look forward to the Kingdom of Christ's coming. You don't? Or you think it here already?

I agree Christ's Atonement gave us grace to belong to His Kingdom, but it is based on His worthiness, not ours. Adam and Eve just ate some fruit and became unworthy of the Kingdom. All sins are grievous if you can eat fruit and cause the fall of the whole world. And perdition was everyone's fate of it wasn't for the Atonement.

Have you and some of the LDS people perhaps neglected to consider the significance and importance that Jesus Christ is offering people?

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Rachael wrote:I do look forward to the Kingdom of Christ's coming. You don't? Or you think it here already?
Yes, I don't because it is now here.
But, it is also in abeyance for the time being.
So, the way I put it is I look forward to Zion's redemption.
This is when the Father's Kingdom will finally obtain the victory in the new War in Heaven we are having right now.
Rachael wrote:I agree Christ's Atonement gave us grace to belong to His Kingdom, but it is based on His worthiness, not ours.
His worthiness was required to make the way for us open.
But, our worthiness is yet required in order for us to enter into the opening He provided.
Rachael wrote:Adam and Eve just ate some fruit and became unworthy of the Kingdom. All sins are grievous if you can eat fruit and cause the fall of the whole world. And perdition was everyone's fate if it wasn't for the Atonement.
Perdition is only the fate of those who have fully received of the goodness of God and tasted the heavenly gift and then afterwards altogether turned against it and betrayed it and assented to His death in so doing.
Rachael wrote:Have you and some of the LDS people perhaps neglected to consider the significance and importance that Jesus Christ is offering people?
Obviously you weren't listening to me.

Also, FYI, an Apostle of the Lord has this to say:
Hebrews 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
So, even Christians should know better than to spout the doctrine you are spouting.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

Christians is a dirty word to you? Hebrews 1:1 says the law and the prophets were fulfilled in Christ. Then it goes on to say that Christ is the final holder of the Melchizedek priesthood. I'm not debating Hebrews 6 you quoted. Read the whole book.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Rachael wrote:Christians is a dirty word to you? Hebrews 1:1 says the law and the prophets were fulfilled in Christ. Then it goes on to say that Christ is the final holder of the Melchizedek priesthood. I'm not debating Hebrews 6 you quoted. Read the whole book.
Orthodox Christianity has its merits but they are completely oblivious of the workings of the Father in the last days.