Hell ain't a bad place to be...?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
LDX
captain of 100

Hell ain't a bad place to be...?

Post by LDX »

I know.. It is also an acdc song...
And you know it cause you saw iron man few years ago
And it is part of the soundtrack

But everytime i hear this song I remember learning this in sunday's school
In dyc hell is described as the telestial kingdom which is not exactly punishment
But even a level of glory...
Actually that day I also learned that it will be even better than this current mortal life
And this mortal life could be a blast if u pick the right place to live...

So do we really believe that? Where do this come from?
Is it apostasy? Or God is really that mercyful?
Are acdc guys right?

Cause other religions might suggest this idea comes
From the devil... Are they right?

If I am a lonely person and does not care about being together forever or
if u just think that being a god is too much stress and responsability...
Wouldnt be a great end for atheists?

What it they go directly thru that place?
Still thinking that there is no God?

Sorry if there is a similar post
Im in the cellphone now

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Hell ain't a bad place to be...?

Post by SmallFarm »

LDX wrote:I know.. It is also an acdc song...
And you know it cause you saw iron man few years ago
And it is part of the soundtrack

But everytime i hear this song I remember learning this in sunday's school
In dyc hell is described as the telestial kingdom which is not exactly punishment
But even a level of glory...
Actually that day I also learned that it will be even better than this current mortal life
And this mortal life could be a blast if u pick the right place to live...

So do we really believe that? Where do this come from?
Is it apostasy? Or God is really that mercyful?
Are acdc guys right?

Cause other religions might suggest this idea comes
From the devil... Are they right?

If I am a lonely person and does not care about being together forever or
if u just think that being a god is too much stress and responsability...
Wouldnt be a great end for atheists?

What it they go directly thru that place?
Still thinking that there is no God?

Sorry if there is a similar post
Im in the cellphone now
We go where we are happiest. If someone best suited to the Telestial Kingdom were to find themselves in the Celestial, they would not be able to endure the glory of that kingdom and it would feel like a hell to them. The gospel is the plan of happiness. For all mankind.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

If you want the doctrinal view, hell is where there is weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. The telestial kingdom is glory that comes to those after they suffer in hell for their sins.

Now for my personal view:

The Lord told me I was going to hell if I did not repent. When He told me this, I was sweating and tossing in my sleep. The utter horror of it was very real. It helped me to repent. I learned that repentance is mostly learning to forgive myself the way Jesus forgives me, and learning to let Jesus love me instead of doing it on my own. Repentance isn't supposed to be hard, it is supposed to be wonderful, Jesus' yoke is easy and light.

God does not punish us nor does He control us. We are free 100 percent. So we make choices who we believe. If we believe a lie, such as what Satan would say to me, "you are a bad person so you must suffer", and I choose to believe that, I am choosing hell, because of agency I am free to believe that and allow Satan to have power over me. I could just as easily say "no Satan I am forgiven in Christ" and then Christ would be able to minister to me.

If you are basing where you end up on the fact that you are lonely, have the courage to believe a higher law. Maybe you are lonely because you are spiritual and not worldly, and that is a good thing! Maybe you will live in the celestial Kingdom or a higher kindgom where worldly married people won't. (Not that it is a competition).

It is all what you choose. God has a purpose for you, and that purpose is for you to receive all that He has. Can you believe that? It is your choice, and it always will be.

Jesus frees people from hell and He is not the one who sends people there. Of course, if you believe the opposite, then a demon can appear as Jesus and tell you that you have to be in hell, and if you use your agency to believe that then you are stuck. But if you use your agency to believe Jesus will rescue you then that will happen after you have faith (and sometimes patience and prayers for help).
This is my personal experience. There are so many kingdoms because we have the power to make heaven or hell or anywhere in between based on what we choose to believe.

Jesus said anything is possible to him that believeth. Do you believe you are good enough to receive all that God has? Will you put faith in that believe until the seed bears fruit? It can take thousands of years in spirit. Having a body speeds up progression quite a bit.

Wherever you end up, be happy, because it is what you chose, and if you chose something that makes you unhappy, then pay attention to what your heart is trying to teach you. Sometimes it is not easy to submit to your heart, sometimes it requires grieving and letting go of long held hurts, but after the grief/repentance comes the joy that makes the process well worth it.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Have you not figured it out yet?.....this is hell.
Lucifer and his followers were cast down to hell, but they are here. Logic therefore dictates that this is hell.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

The telestial kingdom isn't the equivalent to hell.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

"Hell? Why would I be afraid of hell? I was married for two years! Hell would be like Club Med!"

Sometimes I miss Sam Kinison.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Robin Hood wrote:Have you not figured it out yet?.....this is hell.
Lucifer and his followers were cast down to hell, but they are here. Logic therefore dictates that this is hell.
I'm not sure they have been sealed there yet. I think that happens after the Millennium and the final battle.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I'm cool with having more ministering angels. I'll send you a summons from the Celestial Kingdom in the next life.

LDX
captain of 100

Post by LDX »

LDScop wrote:The telestial kingdom isn't the equivalent to hell.
dyc 76 98-106

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

LDX wrote:
dyc 76 98-106
98-101 is talking about the telestial kingdom, the rest of the versus are referencing outer darkness, in my opinion

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

LDX wrote:
dyc 76 98-106
Verse 106 doesn't say the telestial kingdom is hell. That much is clear.

My interpretation: It says the people who will inherit the telestial kingdom will first be cast down to hell to suffer for their sins until after the millennium when we will all be judged of God and receive our glory.

See also D&C 76:81-85.

LDX
captain of 100

Post by LDX »

LDScop wrote:
LDX wrote:
dyc 76 98-106
Verse 106 doesn't say the telestial kingdom is hell. That much is clear.

My interpretation: It says the people who will inherit the telestial kingdom will first be cast down to hell to suffer for their sins until after the millennium when we will all be judged of God and receive our glory.

See also D&C 76:81-85.
cast down to hell

so whatever the case might be..
what does it means this expression?

is hell only a spiritual condition? without resurrection?
or there will be some kind of literal punishment?

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Whether or not you're resurrected has nothing to do with hell. That's based upon if one kept their first estate or not, which you did, so you will be resurrected

Hell is most definitely a spiritual condition but who really knows if there is a physical place for it. I'm not sure what you mean by literal punishment. Literal as opposed to what?

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Some people get stuck in the righteous side of Hell