Revelation 2&3 servants

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Who are the angels/servants of the Revelation 2&3

1-Archangels that shall come in flesh
No votes
2.past bishops of the churches mentioned,not relevant to our times
No votes
2-future servants, as in Davidic Servants or something like that
50%
3-other
50%

Total votes: 4
dafty
captain of 100

Revelation 2&3 servants

Post by dafty »

Hi,
this is a genuine question to help me with my scripture study.I will not be giving my opinion, just asking for genuine suggestions. thanx
*1-as per TPJS, p.159.- "These men are in heaven, but their children are on the earth. Their bowels yearn over us. God
sends down men for this reason. “And the Son of Man shall send forth His angels, and they shall
gather out of His kingdom all things that give offense and them that do iniquity.” (Matthew 13:41.)
All these authoritative characters will come down and join hand in hand in bringing about this
work."
- I am willing to admit that I misinterpret this quote
2*- I understand that all scriptures are relevant. But what I mean by 'irrelevant' is -it has happened sometime in the past and will not be repeating in our day
3*-I called them Davidic Servants, but understand that not everyone agrees with 'The Gileadi' line of thought"
4*-please tell me who then

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: Revelation 2&3 servants

Post by DesertWonderer »

They are two things: 1) They were the leaders of the the various churches during John's time that we was specifically addressing and 2) they are those with stewardship i.e. us during the last days.
Last edited by DesertWonderer on December 19th, 2016, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

DesertWonderer wrote:They are two things: 1) There were the leaders of the the various churches during John's time that we was specifically addressing and 2) they are those with stewardship i.e. us during the last days.
hi, thanks for that. So are you suggesting the 7 servants are not really 7 but all in the stewardship in The Church? Did I understand right? thanx

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

dafty wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:They are two things: 1) There were the leaders of the the various churches during John's time that we was specifically addressing and 2) they are those with stewardship i.e. us during the last days.
hi, thanks for that. So are you suggesting the 7 servants are not really 7 but all in the stewardship in The Church? Did I understand right? thanx
In John's time he was literally addressing 7 churches and their leaders, but yes, today it represents all. Remember one of the meanings of the the number 7 is whole or complete so that's how I come to the conclusion that the 7 leaders / churches represent all of today's leaders / churches.

The last church's problem is particularly interesting to me. They were judged of being luke-warm. I wonder is that predominant sin of the active members of the church today?