God has a body of flesh and bone... or does he...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
seekingtruth
captain of 50

Re: God has a body of flesh and bone... or does he...

Post by seekingtruth »

Mind blown.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

Finrock wrote:
butterfly wrote:It's odd to think we might be gods to beings living within our cells.
I feel sorry for the beings living within my cells (assuming they exist). I'm not much of a god.

-Finrock
I think you're a good god :ymhug:

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Finrock wrote:
Amonhi wrote:
janderich wrote:...(Amazing post)...
I'm afraid that's about the best I can explain it at the moment. Love the conversation.
That was great. Thank you. I wanted to share this with you. I am sure some people will not appreciate it, but I think you and others will in light of this conversation.

One of my friends, an Elliaison Contributor that goes by the name of Seeker on the Elliaison forum, (He and his wife share their C&E story and one of their experiences meeting Christ - HERE), shared the following, (I think it was on the Elliaison forum somewhere, but I didn't want to lose it, so I copied it and am sharing my copy. Here is what he said,
The third verse of the song, "If You Could Hie to Kolob" says the following:
The works of God continue,
And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression
Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter;
There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit;

In this vision, I learned how true these statements really are...
...(cool story about levels upon levels of creation)...
Interesting. Do you believe this is true? That this represents reality? How things really are?

-Finrock
Well, I know John is a real person and Seeker is a real person and Seeker's wife met John at some point and she heard his story, so between John and Seeker, we have two witnesses... The third witness comes from what we already know and have access to... as follows:

No matter how you dice it, there is independent life within our bodies, be it beneficial symbiotic bacteria that helps us to break down and process food, or harmful organisms like Lymes that live in our blood and steal nutrients and waste/poison directly in our blood. These living entities are there. A Lyme (as in Lymes Disease), is a fraction the size of a blood cell.

I have seen blood drawn and placed directly under a microscope in which dots of light, (organisms of some type), rapidly moved in and out of focus past the blood cells. The blood cells appeared to be the size and shape of the end of a pencil's eraser while the hundreds of tiny organisms were the size of the tip (not head, but the tip) of a needle.

We know cells are live and many cells make up organs and organs make up systems and systems make up bodies. Life building on life to create greater life. The pattern exists.

On the other end of the scale, we believe that the earth is alive and has thoughts, desires goals and even a soul. It will fill the measure of its creation and be exalted in the Celestial Kingdom and a world for Celestial Beings to live on. It is either a huge life form or the scriptures that talk about it crying about what is happening on it and being exalted are speaking figuratively and the earth doesn't really care what happens on it. The earth isn't really a witness before God because it is a dead, lifeless, soul-less thing.

If the earth does have a soul... We live on it just as life lives in us.

Is the earth the only planetary object that is alive? Is the sun alive? What about the other planets in our Solar system. Is the Solar system filled with living planets? Is the Solar System with it's living planets a conscious being made of smaller planet size beings?

Is the galaxy a living contentiousness created by organizing millions of smaller solar system consciousnesses?

How far can this go?

Whether or not there is life on the sub-atomic level or the planets are alive, at this moment, it is a matter of faith/belief. However, if we look at the pattern of life which is observable to a large degree, we see the witness of lifeforms living on other lifeforms and life forms collecting and working together to create larger lifeforms in ways that benefit the whole as well as the individual. The pattern is well established if you look to see it. How far that pattern actually extends... well...

If you could hie to Kolob
In the twinkling of an eye,
And then continue onward
With that same speed to fly,

Do you think that you could ever,
Through all eternity,
Find out the generation
Where Gods began to be?

2. Or see the grand beginning,
Where space did not extend?

Or view the last creation,
Where Gods and matter end?

Methinks the Spirit whispers,
"No man has found 'pure space,'
Nor seen the outside curtains,
Where nothing has a place."

3. The works of God continue,
And worlds and lives abound;
Improvement and progression
Have one eternal round.
There is no end to matter;
There is no end to space;
There is no end to spirit;

...dah, dah, dah, dah, da-ah, dah daaaa

Peace,
Amonhi

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

So when we talk about God judging us on judgment day and spirits returning to that God which gave them life, what is really being communicated?
We know Jesus doesn't judge us.
I guess God the Father of our spirits could be a possible judge, but that doesn't seem accurate.
We could somehow judge ourselves...
But the scriptures talk about standing before the pleasing bar of God. Is there such a thing with this kind of Supreme God?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

butterfly wrote:So when we talk about God judging us on judgment day and spirits returning to that God which gave them life, what is really being communicated?
We know Jesus doesn't judge us. Who do you think flooded the world and killed millions?
I guess God the Father of our spirits could be a possible judge, but that doesn't seem accurate.
But the scriptures talk about standing before the pleasing bar of God. Is there such a thing with this kind of Supreme God?
Moro. 10:34
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

Ex. 6:3
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them

Jehovah is Jesus, he who is our eternal judge.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

freedomforall wrote:
butterfly wrote:So when we talk about God judging us on judgment day and spirits returning to that God which gave them life, what is really being communicated?
We know Jesus doesn't judge us. Who do you think flooded the world and killed millions?
Moro. 10:34
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

Ex. 6:3
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them

Jehovah is Jesus, he who is our eternal judge.
Good point

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

Amonhi wrote:
And when a miracle is done, it is not you that did the miracle, it is the millions of intelligences that worked together to make the desired change. The thought form is considered The Father or God. It is the Father that does the miracle. Just as with people, all intelligence is motivated by principles. The most important of the principles is love. It is Christ (Love) that is the motivation for the Father (Conglomerate of intelligences) to do the miracle.
3 Nephi 18:20
20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father (Conglomerate of intelligences) in my name (Christ or love, peace, joy, etc.), which is right (honorable and moral or truth which the intelligences recognizewithout over ruling them and forcing your will on them, ie. by use of persuasion), believing that ye shall receive (Faith precedes the miracle because of "observational Bias"), behold it shall be given unto you.
For "name of Christ", see D&C 132:7-14, the name of Christ is the medium of the Holy Ghost by which we commune with and obtain the agreement or promise of God or the conglomerate intelligences which have agreed to obey. Without that agreement, there is no promise or power, obligations, expectation, etc. Jesus only had power which His Father gave to Him, as do we. Where does any God gain power or what gives any God power, even the God or Father of our spirits? The collective intelligence that that God governs.

Peace,
Amonhi

Last night i had an experience in relation to this^^^^ principle. One of our kids started getting sick yesterday. His temperature spiked at night and he started convulsing. My husband was holding him and I felt so sad as I looked at his pale face as the convulsions subsided.

I wanted to pray for my child and i remembered this thread about God being the conglomerate of intelligences. Suddenly, there was a shift in my perception. There was a conduit opened up between me and my child. It was specifically coming from his stomach area.

I felt...bliss. It was an amazing feeling. It wasn't words but an understanding. I knew I was being asked to petition these intelligences to help my child.

I had always thought that healings involved using very powerful, direct words like "I COMMAND YOU TO BE MADE WHOLE!"

But these intelligences, this blissful conduit, was so sweet and loving; there was no need to command or rebuke the sickness.

In this connection with this conduit I lovingly asked the intelligences around my child's stomach "can you please do your best to function correctly? I love him and he's so sick. Can you please work right and help him feel better?"
I could tell that they were more than happy to comply. The feeling of bliss was so wonderful.

The conduit closed and my perception shifted back to the physical. We put a warm wet cloth on my child's head to lower his temperature. We put some essential oils on his feet and in the humidifier.

He slept peacefully all night and was nice and healthy in the morning.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think God can add a cubit to His height just by thinking of it. His spirit is in and through all things.

D&C 88 states: He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;

7 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.

Jesus can do or be anything He wants, He comprehends everything. So His consciousness is the light that powers matter and allows it to take form. Let's not limit God, He can be or do anything because He comprehends all things. He is actually in us. Remember, He said, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me.

His power will resurrect us, and through His power we will have the ability to do all things. He loves us because He is us, and He wants us to have joy. He can disguise Himself, He can take on a mortal form, He can remain as spirit form. He knows how to do it all. He is it all. He is the I AM. That pretty much includes all matter, spirit and flesh.