The law of God--- "Be equal in your temporal things, and this not grudgingly."

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

The law of God--- "Be equal in your temporal things, and this not grudgingly."

Post by Robert Sinclair »

A great topic for discussion.

Yes, or No?

:)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The law of God--- "Be equal in your temporal things, and this not grudgingly."

My son would like me to go back to church, and in the testimony meetings, say, and teach these things.

But I, from my previous experience, have fear, that such, will not be received well.

I have stayed away, what say any of you, should I go back, and publicly say these things, and be possibly cast out of these meetings, considered just an apostate, not a true follower of the present day leader?

I do not really want to, nor desire to.

What say ye?

Please let me know, what any of you members think.

Thank you.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The law of God--- "Be equal in your temporal things, and this not grudgingly."

Post by lundbaek »

Testimony meetings are for sharing of testimonies, not for teaching things. If you have stayed away for some time and and the members know that you think President Monson is not a true prophet, the other members are not likely to take you seriously.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Robert
I'd like to see you back in the church.
But not so you could educate or indoctrinate anyone into anything.
Instead, because, if you go back with a humble heart and a contrite spirit, it will benefit you, not the others in the church.
Like lundbaek says, testimony meeting is to give testimony, not to preach a philosophy or political interpretation, or anything of the sort. It's not to sway others to your interpretation, or theory.
dc

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Thank you for your thoughts.

I think it is best that I not go, and talk openly in front of the church members, at a fast and testimony meeting.

Better to express my thoughts on a forum like this, where it is known in advance, a person may express their thoughts freely, about the things they have read in the scriptures, and people can decide for themselves, after study of these things written, whether their is truth to these things or not.

Kind of like "How readest thou?" Or "What think ye?", sincere questions, for discussion of the true points of the doctrine taught by Jesus Christ.

Yes, for it is written in Jeremiah 23:35----

"Thus shall ye say everyone to his neighbor, and every one to his brother, What hath the LORD answered? and, What hath the LORD spoken?"

I do think Jesus Christ meant for the words----

("In your temporal things ye shall be equal and this not grudgingly.") to be discussed among the members of his true church openly, even if a fast and testimony meeting is not the proper place to openly speak about these things.

And for such thoughts, I post here instead, where one can with sincere intent, and true purpose, of good, post such thoughts.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

If you think you have a message from God, climb a public wall and yell it. There is no place in church for an apostate like yourself to preach your theories to the members. For this I'm glad. Testimony meeting is not for preaching or for calling others to repentance. You and your son should ponder why you get such silly and ungodly notions.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Robert Sinclair wrote:My son would like me to go back to church, and in the testimony meetings, say, and teach these things.

But I, from my previous experience, have fear, that such, will not be received well.

I have stayed away, what say any of you, should I go back, and publicly say these things, and be possibly cast out of these meetings, considered just an apostate, not a true follower of the present day leader?

I do not really want to, nor desire to.

What say ye?

Please let me know, what any of you members think.

Thank you.

Robert, if it didn't work out for you the first time, will another round be any different. Please learn form this instead of thinking you have all the answers.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote:Robert
I'd like to see you back in the church.
But not so you could educate or indoctrinate anyone into anything.
Instead, because, if you go back with a humble heart and a contrite spirit, it will benefit you, not the others in the church.
Like lundbaek says, testimony meeting is to give testimony, not to preach a philosophy or political interpretation, or anything of the sort. It's not to sway others to your interpretation, or theory.
dc
Testimony meetings is to testify of things that the Spirit puts in to your mouth. If it is a true testimony, it will be through the spirit of prophecy. If a man is speaking by the Spirit, we should rejoice and count ourselves blessed to have heard God speak to us through His mouthpiece. We all need to remember that we are suppose to hold all if our meetings based on what the Spirit moves us to speak or to teach. This is what the scriptures teach us and this is what a true testimony is.

-Finrock