The Lion and the Lamb

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
ason123
captain of 50

The Lion and the Lamb

Post by ason123 »

I have heard about this concept called "The Mandela Effect." This is where people believe with all their heart and soul that something is true but it really has never been true. One such example is that many people believe that in the scriptures it mentions the lion and the lamb lying down together. Now.... apparently this is not found ANYWHERE in the bible, and it is the wolf and the lamb instead of the lion and the lamb. My mind can't handle it. Am I alone on this one? Who else remembers SPECIFICALLY hearing about the lion and the lamb? The only place I can actually trace the phrase "lion and the lamb" to is Joseph Fielding Smith's "Doctrines of Salvation," and the LDS hymn "The Spirit of God," but I couldn't find any scripture mentioning the lion and the lamb together. So anyway my point in bringing this up is.... I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this "Mandela Effect?"

Some other common "Mandela Effect" favorites:

- It's BerenstAin Bears - NOT BerenstEin.
- Curious George never had a tail.
- The monopoly man never wore a monacle.
- 3CPO isn't all gold. He has a silver leg.
- It's Chick-Fil-A - NOT Chic-Fil-A.

Any other "Mandela Effect" favorites?

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Re: The Lion and the Lamb

Post by Rachael »

ason123 wrote:...So anyway my point in bringing this up is.... I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this "Mandela Effect...?"
Yeah, I have because you pointed it out. I just reread Isaiah 11:6, and then afterward, kept searching for the phrase "lion lie with lamb," since Isaiah 11:6 was the first result. Next, Isaiah 65:25, and etc. You're right, its not in there.
Isaiah 11:6
"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

But perhaps the "lion and the lamb" imagery can be salvaged by the word "fatling" after i re-reread Isaiah 11:6. Fatling seems to be a different animal than a calf, since a calf was already mentioned. When I noticed a calf and a lion and a fatling in the same group lying down together, I looked up the word fatling. So we can keep the lion and the lamb idea, at least.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/fatling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fatling:
A fatted animal for slaughter ( 2 Samuel 6:13 ; Isaiah 11:6 ; Ezekiel 39:18 . Compare Matthew 22:4 , where the word used in the original, sitistos, means literally "corn-fed;" i.e., installed, fat).
Psalms 66:15 (Heb. meah, meaning "marrowy," "fat," a species of sheep).
1 Samuel 15:9 (Heb. mishneh, meaning "the second," and hence probably "cattle of a second quality," or lambs of the second birth, i.e., autmnal lambs, and therfore of less value)..."

Bernstein Bears is another for me too. Probably a lot more, I will have to keep reading up on this fascinating, yet, disturbing subject.
Last edited by Rachael on December 6th, 2016, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Rachael - thank heavens for your bible study tools definition. That makes a lot more sense to me now.

Rachael
Captain of whatever

Post by Rachael »

I love the symbolism of the animals in Isaiah 11:6. You sparked my interest and I have now invested a few hours looking up these animals in the Bible. IMO commentary on Isaiah 11:6-7...

Again, Isaiah 11:6 -7
"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together."

Wolves paired with lambs seems to be very deliberate. Usually, its represents false teachers in churches (wolves in sheep's clothing, devouring the flocks) in scripture.

A leopard with a kid. In Daniel 7:6 and Revelation 13:2, a leopard like animal represents the endtimes Antichrist, which is derives its power from a dragon, Satan, who also is symbolized sometimes as a serpent, and him and his followers as a goat (kid). The leopard is also described as being observant, a watcher type, in other verses. (Jer5:6, Hos13:7). Also, the leopard was used an example of our human nature ( sinfulness) when the LORD states in Jer13:23
"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."

This means we are incapable doing good without Christ and His Atonement. Which brings us to the fatling. An animal prepared for slaughter, and probably a sheep/lamb. The Lamb of God.

The calf paired with a lion and a fatling is very complex combo and multifaceted (as the other groups also are, but add exponents). A calf can represent a lot of things. It is a ritually clean animal just like a lamb is. But mankind, particularly the nation the Lord covenanted with, Israel, had perverted it.

Moses goes to commune with God on Mt. Sinai for 40 days, comes down, to find the people worshipping a golden calf. HE (God) almost destroys the Israelites for it, and if Moses hadn't interceded, He might have done it. Afteward, bullocks were required for sin offerings when Mosaic law was established. And Christ also has to be tested for 40 days in His mortality.

They were probably young bullocks, not grown bulls, like lambs compared to sheep, so calves seem appropriate. Imagine the choas in the tabernacle and later the temple trying to drag fully mature bulls to the sacrificial altar on a continual basis. What a rodeo that would have been.

The sacrificial bullocks in Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, were likely calves. A reminder of what they were venerating as an object of worship being required to be sacrificed on the altar to another God, the true God.

Generations later, when kings reign for 3 generations (Saul, David, Solomon), the kingdom splits, thus 10 lost tribes because the northern tribes rejected Solomon's successor, Rehaboam. The northern tribes chose to follow Jereboam, an Ephraimite. He established calf worship in the Israelite kingdom. The southern kingdom became Judah, those that remained faithful to the throne of David.

Since Christ considers being a member of His church is like a marriage contract (the church is His bride), idolatry is akin to adultery, like in Hoseah, a prophet called to the calf worshipping northern kingdom.

Christ is the lion of Judah and the Lamb of God, a fatling, prepared for sacrifice. The role of the suffering servant, or the Lamb, of the 1st mortal appearance is reconciled with the role of the conquering Messoanic Lion at the 2nd coming. The adultery of the calf worshippimg is forgiven...

A little child will lead them.. Such is the Kingdom of God, or out of the mouths of babes, or suffer the little ones to come unto me, comes to mind.

Which is only IMO of verse 6. I will get to verse 7 later, I have got something going on now that requires my immediate attention

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Wow! Thank you for your complex answer! Very thought-provoking and interesting points you have made. :-)

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Some time ago I posted this in another thread.
Jeremy wrote:I am interested to know what other people have in their memory regarding Genesis 1:1.

Please fill in the blanks:
Genesis 1:1 wrote:In the beginning God created the ____ and the ____.
Also, please do not look it up or read other peoples answers. I am curious to know how you remember it... not what it says.

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Jeremy wrote:Some time ago I posted this in another thread.
Jeremy wrote:I am interested to know what other people have in their memory regarding Genesis 1:1.

Also, please do not look it up or read other peoples answers. I am curious to know how you remember it... not what it says.
I remember it being the heavenS and the earth.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

ason123 wrote:I remember it being the heavenS and the earth.
I do as well.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

Another one is that it's the Book of Revelation not Revelations

TIJ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TIJ »

ason123 wrote: December 6th, 2016, 12:00 pm I have heard about this concept called "The Mandela Effect." This is where people believe with all their heart and soul that something is true but it really has never been true. One such example is that many people believe that in the scriptures it mentions the lion and the lamb lying down together. Now.... apparently this is not found ANYWHERE in the bible, and it is the wolf and the lamb instead of the lion and the lamb. My mind can't handle it. Am I alone on this one? Who else remembers SPECIFICALLY hearing about the lion and the lamb? The only place I can actually trace the phrase "lion and the lamb" to is Joseph Fielding Smith's "Doctrines of Salvation," and the LDS hymn "The Spirit of God," but I couldn't find any scripture mentioning the lion and the lamb together. So anyway my point in bringing this up is.... I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this "Mandela Effect?"

There are hundreds of figurines of a lamb and a lion and some people hand painted the scripture as it was, the bible has many many changes now due to the Mandela Effect, it even states "There is no God" now, there are religious scholars and preachers starting to post youtube clips on how the bible is changing, here are some of the changes ... Also there are many new grammatical mistakes that don't even make sense and there is reference to Jesus being suicidal and non gender and even a sentence in the bible that states "There is no God", there are hundreds of changes made in our reality and people are freaking out about it and you could spend days on youtube checking it out, there is now a medical diagnosis for people affected by the Mandela Effect as if those of us who are now awake and can wrap our mind around this are ill, I am sure the debunkers/evil will do what they can to keep more people from waking up, the most popular belief is that CERN is responsible for this, it has been leaked that they perform satanic rituals there with human and animal sacrifices and that with that machine they have where they are smashing atoms together that they have opened the gates of hell and are letting demons into our earth life experience. I had this dispute with my visiting teacher who believes the bible always said the wolf and the lamb, well maybe in her reality but not in mine, there is even a gospel song Elvis sang stating the lamb and the lion and even clips from black and white movies that quoted the scripture and it was the lamb and the lion. I would love to know that the LDS leaders are saying about this, they can't ignore it forever with more and more proof coming out everyday.

Castles ---
Numbers 31:10
And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.

Mufflers ---
Isiah 3:19
The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers

Tires ---
Isaiah 3:18
And that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon.

Ezekiel 24:23
And your tires shall be upon your heads, and your shoes upon your feet: you shall not mourn nor weep; but ye shall pine away for your iniquities, and mourn one toward another.

Couch ---
Luke 5:24
But that he may know that the Son of Man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto the, arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thy house.

The MATRIX ---
Exodus 13:15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
Exodus 34:19 All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
Numbers 18:15 Every thing that openeth the matrix in all flesh, which they bring unto the LORD, whether it be of men or beasts, shall be thine: nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.

ALIEN ---
Hebrews 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.
Deuteronomy 14:21 Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

UNICORN ---
Numbers 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

SATYR --- (which is a half man and half goat)
Isaiah 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
Isaiah 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

COCKATRICE --- (which is a 2 legged dragon with wings and this isn't in Revelations)
Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Oh boy the Mandela Effect.

^
|

That's not necessarily disbelief sarcasm or even sarcasm.

There are tons of things I swear were changed including berenstein bears which my PHONE is trying to correct me on. Reba MacIntyre. The Ford symbol. The VW symbol. Etc.

However there is that one hymn....

How blessed the day when the Lamb and the Lion shall lie down together without any ire.

Still I'm pretty sure the Lamb and the Lion extend beyond mormonism.

Here is one most people get wrong with Mandela effect. At least from my parallel perspective ;)

"Luke I am your father" drove me crazy as a kid. I had the entire movie memorized, especially my favorite seen. "Join me and together we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy! " I can still quote most of the scene. Darth Vader never said Luke I am your father. That was a cultural misquote and made me twitch every time I heard it.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

It's really great that you are all interested in spiritual things and the scriptures! You all deserve a pat on the back for being good people and having your minds on good things.

Well if I can point out a few things. It was good of Rachael to bring up Isaiah chapter 11. Thank you Rachael! Isaiah Chapter 11 is talking about the conditions of the millenial day.

I will help you to see why it's hard to find scriptures about certain things.

Here is an example; if I search for scriptures about 'time of the Gentiles fulfilled', I may find 1 or 2, but not everything there is about that topic. I just threw that out there as an example, but time of the Gentiles has nothing to do with this topic, other than its an example i noticed where you sometimes have to think of how to say it differently to search. But if I search for 'reject the gospel', or 'sin against my gospel' then I find a bunch of them but they are the same ones as the time of the Gentiles and go together. It helps if I make sure if something belongs together too, some things don't always belong together and some do; that's why there's repeating patterns in the scriptures to help us understand them. There are other things like that. You sometimes have to look up a different way of saying it. Basically think like how do I say the same thing in different words and sometimes you can find more.

In this case you don't have to necessarily look for 'lamb with lion' scriptures. What you are looking for is the principle behind it. What is the principle behind it you ask? The concept is its teaching us that 'enmity is done away with' or lack of enmity, or even understanding it by looking at enmity first. If you search for scriptures under 'enmity' you find a ton of scriptures talking about a similar idea of what Rachael brought up with in regards to Isaiah Chapter 11. Here are some examples.

D&C 101:26
Doctrine and Covenants
And in that day the enmity of man, and the enmity of beasts, yea, the enmity of all flesh, shall cease from before my face. (This is a really cool idea of something yet to occur.) This is part of what you are looking for.

Moses 4:21
Pearl of Great Price
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed; and he shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (This one refers to the fact that enmity began when the Fall of Adam occurred. This is helpful because in the Garden of Eden there wasn't enmity yet. Adam and Eve were able to be with animals and plants in a 'paradaisical' glory. We see also some relating scriptures that help to understand it, such as...in the Millenial day Satan will be bound and time is no longer', which is connected to why enmity is done away with. And in addition to that Christ will rule personally during the Millenial Day which is also part of why there is no enmity during that period of the world, once he takes charge.

If you link this and do the direction of scriptures of 'Satan bound', these can be linked with the enmity shall cease scriptures; Revelations 20:2, D&C 84:100, D&C 88:110

2 Nephi 30; is talking about conditions during the Millenium; verse 12 And then shall the wolf dwell with the lamb; and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf, and the young lion, and the fatling, together; and a little child shall lead them.

Also there are scriptures of prophets being cast in with lions and not being eaten. This happened to Daniel, and I thought there was another too but I forgot who the other person was ... sorry.

There is also a book of Mormon equivalent too similar to Daniel's experience! XD

4 Nephi 1; 30 Therefore they did exercise power and authority over the disciples of Jesus who did tarry with them, and they did cast them into prison; but by the power of the word of God, which was in them, the prisons were rent in twain, and they went forth doing mighty miracles among them.

31 Nevertheless, and notwithstanding all these miracles, the people did harden their hearts, and did seek to kill them, even as the Jews at Jerusalem sought to kill Jesus, according to his word.

32 And they did cast them into furnaces of fire, and they came forth receiving no harm.

33 And they also cast them into dens of wild beasts, and they did play with the wild beasts even as a child with a lamb; and they did come forth from among them, receiving no harm. (Pure righteous people protected by Heavenly Father in the same way as Daniel. Also they had a lion shortage over here so wild beasts instead of lions XD.)

President Harold B. Lee promised that “the true servants of God, those who are doing their duty, will be protected and preserved if they will do as the Lord has counseled: ‘stand ye in holy places’” (Stand Ye in Holy Places, p. 87). (OK so how do I qualify for that? I guess I have to have no enmity to other children of God first and love HF & Jesus and stay worthy.)

Also it seem that we can find references to a link between enmity and pride in President Benson's talk on, "Beware of Pride".

Also Ason it's very cool that you thought to try looking at hymns too and not only scriptures. That's wonderful also that you are trying to learn more and to figure things out. Keep it up.

TIJ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TIJ »

alaris wrote: July 29th, 2017, 10:19 pm Oh boy the Mandela Effect.

^
|

That's not necessarily disbelief sarcasm or even sarcasm.

There are tons of things I swear were changed including berenstein bears which my PHONE is trying to correct me on. Reba MacIntyre. The Ford symbol. The VW symbol. Etc.

However there is that one hymn....

How blessed the day when the Lamb and the Lion shall lie down together without any ire.

Still I'm pretty sure the Lamb and the Lion extend beyond mormonism.

Here is one most people get wrong with Mandela effect. At least from my parallel perspective ;)

"Luke I am your father" drove me crazy as a kid. I had the entire movie memorized, especially my favorite seen. "Join me and together we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy! " I can still quote most of the scene. Darth Vader never said Luke I am your father. That was a cultural misquote and made me twitch every time I heard it.
Hello Alaris,

Here are some clips that might give you a jaw drop for the Star Wars quote, check them out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDAapLBz48

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnXQOcQ8Gg

and look up on ebay 2005 Hallmark Keepsake Ornament DARTH VADER STAR WARS Magic Voice Sound and go to the picture of the insert from the package,

also for the Lamb and the Lion,

check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yp7cHdolg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhQ27ZOaVkk

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

TIJ wrote: July 30th, 2017, 6:29 am Hello Alaris,

Here are some clips that might give you a jaw drop for the Star Wars quote, check them out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LDAapLBz48

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUnXQOcQ8Gg

and look up on ebay 2005 Hallmark Keepsake Ornament DARTH VADER STAR WARS Magic Voice Sound and go to the picture of the insert from the package,

also for the Lamb and the Lion,

check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yp7cHdolg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhQ27ZOaVkk
TIJ,

Please don't mistake my adamance (that's a word LDSFF dictionary) about James Earl Jones' being wrong, and the toymaker being wrong as my dismissal of the mandela effect.

I watch enough star wars youtube videos that I get all these theory videos in my feed about why yoda did this or why there's some other hidden meaning here or there. I spent WAY too much time reading spoilers for episode VII before it came out and developed all these theories about Luke and Rey and Obi Wan after episode VII came out before I realized ... I may be spending more time thinking about this stuff than the writers. Just like all these theories of deeper meanings that were intended by the writers--fellow geeks! Star Wars is just entertainment, and the almighty dollar is now driving the story!

Anyway, that was a side note, but it helps illustrate this point. I spent WAY more time ingesting and repeating the lines in Empire Strikes Back than James Earl Jones did himself. He's commenting on a line he gave decades later--in the interim, he's probably heard it misquoted thousands of times.

Now, unless CERN changed my memory or I am from a parallel dimension, this is the dialogue that I still remember today:

DV: "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your Father."

Luke: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him."

DV: "No. I am your Father."

You can ask my friends and my family - I would quote that scene in the 80s and the 90s - long before CERN was making demon faces appear in particles. (OK I do think that is a little silly.) Now, bear in mind I've heard the line misquoted a thousand times since my youth. The misquotes always made me cringe, and as the faithful star wars geek I would offer the correct quote free of charge. :ymparty:

That said, the lamb and the lion and the cockatrice and unicorn ... I don't have a solid answer on that. Gileadi studied Isaiah like I studied Star Wars, and he didn't seem phased by that verse:

http://www.isaiahexplained.com/65#commentary

Is it possible the Lamb and the Lion became a cultural misquote just like, "Luke, I am your father?" Lamb and Lion flow off the tongue, and the Lion is above the wolf in the animal kingdom as the Lion is KING! :)

TIJ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TIJ »

I have seen one theory that the issue is not that one person is wrong and the other is right, as they are both right because that is what they experienced in THEIR reality, and the biggest theory is that with CERN they have ripped a hole in our time space reality and the parallel universes are merging which is why there is so much RESIDUAL evidence of how things WERE for so many in their reality, in spite of the FACT that they are changed/different in this current reality, most people can't wrap their mind around such concepts and so the debunkers work overtime and I have even seen something that relays there is now a medical diagnosis to explain the THOUSANDS who are experiencing the ME, there is also a lot of stuff out there with theories added to or instead of the PU theory that is related to time travel, thing about the time travel is that in my mind, if someone time traveled and changed these things, there would be NO residual evidence of the way they WERE, but that is just my opinion. So what does all of this mean, well I suppose it means to each individual what they want it to mean, I know I don't want to argue about others being wrong and I am right, that is a waste of good energy and certainly feeds into the hands of the dark forces who are in control at the this time in our earth life experience, they feed off of the negativity, the division, the hatred, the bitterness, the anger, etc., and I don't want to contribute to giving them the satisfaction. We may all see a time come when we do not have access to all of this convenient electronic world that THEY control and if we have not developed the ability to communicate without it or to grow our own food, to have unconditional love and compassion for one another than we will be doomed, there are many things that have just POPPED into existence, have you researched ME animals, we now have bats in Asia that look like flying foxes that have a 6' wing span, a lot of these animals are very dangerous and poisonous, etc. and why would the CDC and FEMA use the Zombie Apocalypse as a campaign to spread the word about being prepared for a disaster, we already know they can clone, we already know they can control the weather, we already know they create terminal illnesses and diseases, we already know they are watching us, we already know they have built numerous underground cities for themselves, we already know they are preparing for a MASSIVE depopulation, we already know they control through fear, they have given us clues and hints and all the while so many people are still asleep, boggles my mind how so many can still be in denial about so many things. I feel we need to work on developing the qualities that Jesus possessed and taught or else we will not stand a change, speaking of Jesus, during Hitler's reign, he had archeologist and scientist roam the earth to obtain the spear of destiny and the holy grail, WHY, because the spear pierced Jesus's side and he drank out of the holy grail, therefore, what do those 2 artifacts contain, YEP, Jesus's DNA, we already know they can clone and there have been those who have come forward to say that Hitler's plan was to obtain Jesus's DNA so they could clone him and produce the 2nd coming, which would be the ultimate and final means to control everyone, think about this, at the end of WW2, the US brought over 100 of Hitler's scientist to the US, why, because they wanted their knowledge, I personally feel that the evil powers that are in control have no boundaries and that all of the governments are merely their puppets, call me a conspiracy theorist, doesn't bother me at all, I have studied this kind of stuff for many many years and I personally feel that with all of the disinformation out there, that if we do not have a personal connection so that we can rely on the ability to discern than again we don't stand a chance, just my 2 cents, now I am broke :-)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

TIJ wrote: August 1st, 2017, 6:15 am I have seen one theory that the issue is not that one person is wrong and the other is right, as they are both right because that is what they experienced in THEIR reality, and the biggest theory is that with CERN they have ripped a hole in our time space reality and the parallel universes are merging which is why there is so much RESIDUAL evidence of how things WERE for so many in their reality, in spite of the FACT that they are changed/different in this current reality, most people can't wrap their mind around such concepts and so the debunkers work overtime and I have even seen something that relays there is now a medical diagnosis to explain the THOUSANDS who are experiencing the ME, there is also a lot of stuff out there with theories added to or instead of the PU theory that is related to time travel, thing about the time travel is that in my mind, if someone time traveled and changed these things, there would be NO residual evidence of the way they WERE, but that is just my opinion. So what does all of this mean, well I suppose it means to each individual what they want it to mean, I know I don't want to argue about others being wrong and I am right, that is a waste of good energy and certainly feeds into the hands of the dark forces who are in control at the this time in our earth life experience, they feed off of the negativity, the division, the hatred, the bitterness, the anger, etc., and I don't want to contribute to giving them the satisfaction. We may all see a time come when we do not have access to all of this convenient electronic world that THEY control and if we have not developed the ability to communicate without it or to grow our own food, to have unconditional love and compassion for one another than we will be doomed, there are many things that have just POPPED into existence, have you researched ME animals, we now have bats in Asia that look like flying foxes that have a 6' wing span, a lot of these animals are very dangerous and poisonous, etc. and why would the CDC and FEMA use the Zombie Apocalypse as a campaign to spread the word about being prepared for a disaster, we already know they can clone, we already know they can control the weather, we already know they create terminal illnesses and diseases, we already know they are watching us, we already know they have built numerous underground cities for themselves, we already know they are preparing for a MASSIVE depopulation, we already know they control through fear, they have given us clues and hints and all the while so many people are still asleep, boggles my mind how so many can still be in denial about so many things. I feel we need to work on developing the qualities that Jesus possessed and taught or else we will not stand a change, speaking of Jesus, during Hitler's reign, he had archeologist and scientist roam the earth to obtain the spear of destiny and the holy grail, WHY, because the spear pierced Jesus's side and he drank out of the holy grail, therefore, what do those 2 artifacts contain, YEP, Jesus's DNA, we already know they can clone and there have been those who have come forward to say that Hitler's plan was to obtain Jesus's DNA so they could clone him and produce the 2nd coming, which would be the ultimate and final means to control everyone, think about this, at the end of WW2, the US brought over 100 of Hitler's scientist to the US, why, because they wanted their knowledge, I personally feel that the evil powers that are in control have no boundaries and that all of the governments are merely their puppets, call me a conspiracy theorist, doesn't bother me at all, I have studied this kind of stuff for many many years and I personally feel that with all of the disinformation out there, that if we do not have a personal connection so that we can rely on the ability to discern than again we don't stand a chance, just my 2 cents, now I am broke :-)
Thanks for your post! I'm pretty sure Hitler only ever feigned Christianity when it was politically expedient, but a belief in the occult would certainly explain his interest in the spear of destiny.

I'm not saying ME isn't a thing or even that CERN hasn't somehow altered our reality. I still feel this life is not the foundation of reality but an extension of it which could help explain CERN. Perhaps if you want to get a discussion going you could post some videos on CERN. Their mini movie they produced is as creepy as bleep. Their "mock" sacrifice to Shiva is creepy even if it's fake. The fact they have a fancy Shiva statue... The god or goddess of destruction....

TIJ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TIJ »

I have access to the same clips that you do on YouTube I do see a lot of clips of their scientist to have a sign that mentions one of the Mandela changes and I saw a clip that a lot of their scientist are starting to commit suicide in their offices are maybe it's made to look like a suicide who knows, seeing that evil was going to be given for rain maybe CERN is bringing them all in, One thing is for sure they are feet off of the negativity and sure like to create fear.

TIJ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by TIJ »

Sorry about the misspell words I'm on my lunch hour and I'm talking instead of typing And I have a good all southern accent ha ha

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

TIJ wrote: August 1st, 2017, 2:48 pm I have access to the same clips that you do on YouTube I do see a lot of clips of their scientist to have a sign that mentions one of the Mandela changes and I saw a clip that a lot of their scientist are starting to commit suicide in their offices are maybe it's made to look like a suicide who knows, seeing that evil was going to be given for rain maybe CERN is bringing them all in, One thing is for sure they are feet off of the negativity and sure like to create fear.
I'm unfamiliar with that one. The bottom line is either they have a sick, sick sense of humor ... or it's WYSIWYG :-?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I'm pretty sure we've sung "The Spirit of God" often enough a church to explain the idea of the lamb and the lion being engrained in people's minds.

Second point, as far as I can tell many LDS have never read all the standard works, General Conferences or books by the prophets , they get their gospel knowledge from Sunday School, testimony meeting and blogs.People say all kinds of things at church that aren't true, but ubiquitously believed. Ever hear "you have to love yourself before you can love others?" Not doctrinal, not true, not scriptural. A new age psychological philosophy from the last century that is a combined and transposed version of the golden rule. Yet in how many Relief Society lessons does this phrase pop up by the teacher or a class member? It is actually a recipe for depression and self loathing. Christ said it the way he meant it.

Another gem, don't judge. Check out LDS.org topics "judging others" and the Joseph Smith translation of Matthew 7.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

There is always the Star Wars Quote, it is not "Luke, I am Your Father," It is "No, I am your Father."

I personally believe we remember things wrong, we do it individually, and we do it as a society. Particularly ones we do as a society are ones that are common for the brain to mess up. The brain likes to put stuff in that is not there. Do you know that due to the nature of the placement of our eyes; we all have a blind spot in front of our face? But, our brain just fills it in.

I do believe in time travel and I do believe in a type of parallel universes, in that we are all creators and capable of creating internal worlds that we can believe are reality. I also believe the earth can go through veils because there are many veils, based upon the collective righteousness or sin of the inhabitants of the earth.

Cern attempts to tear down the veil the wrong way which is going to let in lots of evil stuff.

So, I basically believe in all the cool stuff but I don't think these examples are evidence of the parallel universe effect. I think it is an example of how the brain fills stuff in to be different than what it actually is in its recording and memory and perception of things, and it is common for people to perceive things similarly.

penkai
Hi, I'm new.

Post by penkai »

TIJ wrote: July 29th, 2017, 10:00 am
ason123 wrote: December 6th, 2016, 12:00 pm I have heard about this concept called "The Mandela Effect." This is where people believe with all their heart and soul that something is true but it really has never been true. One such example is that many people believe that in the scriptures it mentions the lion and the lamb lying down together. Now.... apparently this is not found ANYWHERE in the bible, and it is the wolf and the lamb instead of the lion and the lamb. My mind can't handle it. Am I alone on this one? Who else remembers SPECIFICALLY hearing about the lion and the lamb? The only place I can actually trace the phrase "lion and the lamb" to is Joseph Fielding Smith's "Doctrines of Salvation," and the LDS hymn "The Spirit of God," but I couldn't find any scripture mentioning the lion and the lamb together. So anyway my point in bringing this up is.... I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this "Mandela Effect?"

There are hundreds of figurines of a lamb and a lion and some people hand painted the scripture as it was, the bible has many many changes now due to the Mandela Effect, it even states "There is no God" now, there are religious scholars and preachers starting to post youtube clips on how the bible is changing, here are some of the changes ... Also there are many new grammatical mistakes that don't even make sense and there is reference to Jesus being suicidal and non gender and even a sentence in the bible that states "There is no God", there are hundreds of changes made in our reality and people are freaking out about it and you could spend days on youtube checking it out, there is now a medical diagnosis for people affected by the Mandela Effect as if those of us who are now awake and can wrap our mind around this are ill, I am sure the debunkers/evil will do what they can to keep more people from waking up, the most popular belief is that CERN is responsible for this, it has been leaked that they perform satanic rituals there with human and animal sacrifices and that with that machine they have where they are smashing atoms together that they have opened the gates of hell and are letting demons into our earth life experience. I had this dispute with my visiting teacher who believes the bible always said the wolf and the lamb, well maybe in her reality but not in mine, there is even a gospel song Elvis sang stating the lamb and the lion and even clips from black and white movies that quoted the scripture and it was the lamb and the lion. I would love to know that the LDS leaders are saying about this, they can't ignore it forever with more and more proof coming out everyday.

Castles ---
Numbers 31:10
And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.

Mufflers ---
Isiah 3:19
The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers

Tires ---
Isaiah 3:18
And that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon.

Ezekiel 24:23
And your tires shall be upon your heads, and your shoes upon your feet: you shall not mourn nor weep; but ye shall pine away for your iniquities, and mourn one toward another.

Couch ---
Luke 5:24
But that he may know that the Son of Man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy,) I say unto the, arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thy house.

The MATRIX ---
Exodus 13:15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.
Exodus 34:19 All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.
Numbers 18:15 Every thing that openeth the matrix in all flesh, which they bring unto the LORD, whether it be of men or beasts, shall be thine: nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.

ALIEN ---
Hebrews 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.
Deuteronomy 14:21 Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

UNICORN ---
Numbers 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

SATYR --- (which is a half man and half goat)
Isaiah 13:21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
Isaiah 34:14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

COCKATRICE --- (which is a 2 legged dragon with wings and this isn't in Revelations)
Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
I am just learning about this today, and I am so blown away. I have read the BOM a zillion times and 2 Nephi 21:6 (a compare Isaiah verse) read: Then the Lion shall lay down with the Lamb and the bear shall eat grass like the ox, and the child shall play on the hole of the asp and nothing shall hurt nor destroy in all my Holy mountain. And your other references (TIJ) are so incredible too! I know it never said couch it said, "bed" (Luke 5:24), and tire - WTHeck! I don't know how they are doing it because I can't wrap my mind around it, but there is something going on. That said, what do we do? In the Institute manual for the Book of Mormon there is clearly a picture of the Lion and the Lamb on the 2 Nephi 21:6-9. It doesn't include the scripture but the picture helps me to know that we are right. Thank you for your post.

penkai
Hi, I'm new.

Post by penkai »

Jeremy wrote: December 7th, 2016, 10:49 am Some time ago I posted this in another thread.

I just caught the end of a movie on AMC called "The Book of Eli" and Eli began to recite from memory the whole Bible. He said, "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. I immediately thought of this post, and I wanted you to know that is what I remember as well.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

From today’s mail:
Two biggest ones that come to mind are “A calorie is a calorie”, and Whole Grain Goodness.

Big Sugar/Soda has a vested interest in misinformation about the calorie thing. :x

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Our brains lie to us. I learned in my psychology class that we all have a blind spot in front of us, but our brain fills it in. It is how our brains learn and work. Studies show that those who have had surgery to divorce the halves of the brain will respond to a visual cue to stand, but the talking part of the brain makes up a reason for standing like going to get a drink of water. That is because the talking half of the brain doesn't respond to visual cues and has no idea why he is standing so he makes up a reason.

All the more reason to believe that it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that all things are made known.

Also, this is a major reason we can go through trauma and block it from our memory, and why we can be hypnotized.

I have learned to respect our emotional side. Studies show that if a person is hypnotized and told not to remember what they do, if you bring them out of hypnosis and question what they were just doing, they will not remember but they will show signs of anger or aggravation. That is because their heart knows the truth even though the brain has been "programmed".

Being one in heart and mind will keep us immune to a lot of Satan's tactics.