Follow the Prophet is Doctrinal!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Finrock
captain of 1,000

Re: Follow the Prophet is Doctrinal!

Post by Finrock »

freedomforall wrote:The idea that we are to ignore the arm of flesh, in and of itself, is right. The catcher here is that there are times we are to pay heed to the arm of flesh, and many people fail or do not want to accept this one fact....

2 Nephi 28:31
31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save (except) their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Many people speak truth by the spirit. Whether or not it is accepted as such is another issue in itself.

Doctrine and Covenants 50:
17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

20 If it be some other way it is not of God.

21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

So know, now, that the idea of not following the arm of flesh as a blanket statement is a FALSE one.
You seem to be in harmony with what I have been stating in this thread. It all comes down to whether or not something comes from the Spirit or not. If a man (or woman), be they an Apostle in the LDS church, or be they a beggar on the street, if they speak by the power of the Holy Ghost, they are not speaking the precepts of men or speaking by the power of the flesh, but rather, they are speaking by the power of God. If a man (or woman), be they an Apostle in the LDS church, or be they a beggar on the street, if they speak NOT by the power of the Holy Ghost, then they are not speaking the precepts of God or and they are speaking by the power of the flesh and the precepts of men.

The Spirit gives us utterance to speak the words of God. Without it, no man or no woman, can speak for God or can teach us the precepts of God.

You also correctly identified that many people speak truth by the Spirit. When you take these two ideas that you correctly identified, then you have identified the reason why we must learn to recognize and to distinguish between a persons speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost and someone speaking without that power. We make a mistake when we simply assume, without critical thinking, that just because a person has a position and a title in the Church, they have the Holy Ghost and they are speaking the words of God. We also make a mistake when we simply assume, without critical thinking, or testing, that just because a person does NOT have a position and a title in the Church, they are not authorized to speak the words of God through the power of the Holy Ghost.

That is why I say, if someone is speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost, they aren't really trusting in the arm of flesh and they aren't really speaking the precepts of men or speaking through the power of the flesh. That is why I say that we should listen to the Spirit exclusively. And like you correctly identified, whether or not we listen to the Spirit or even understand that Spirit is speaking, is a different thing altogether.

We will miss many opportunities to hear the voice of God when we become respecter of persons. We must be humble, meek, submissive, and easily entreated, having the love of God and charity towards all men. When we posses these traits, then there is not a person on this planet that we will treat with respect above that of another person. When we possess the traits of humility, meekness, and having the love of God and charity towards all men, we won't treat some individuals special or as celebrities and other individuals poorly. We will recognize that the voice of God can be found in many places. In fact, we will begin to hear the voice of God more frequently and more consistently. We can know something is good or of God by paying attention if the words we hear edify, uplift, increase our faith in Jesus Christ, bring about more good, fill us with love, peace, and joy towards all men. These are some of the ways we can understand the voice of the Spirit. The Spirit will have these effects on you. The Spirit will expand your mind and lead you to see and comprehend the world with a grand vision and it will fill your heart and mind so that you will be at peace with others and you will not have a disposition to harm or injure another. These are all tokens and signs we can look for to know if a person is speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Thanks for your post, freedomforall!

-Finrock

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Another very important point to remember is this:

Moro. 7:16 (15–17)
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

Doctrine and Covenants 84:45
45 For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Moroni 7:19
19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.

Light of Christ
The phrase “light of Christ” does not appear in the Bible, although the principles that apply to it are frequently mentioned therein. The precise phrase is found in Alma 28:14, Moro. 7:18, and D&C 88:7. Biblical phrases that are sometimes synonymous to the term “light of Christ” are “spirit of the Lord” and “light of life” (see, for example, John 1:4; 8:12). The “spirit of the Lord,” however, sometimes is used with reference to the Holy Ghost and so must not be taken in every case as having reference to the light of Christ.

The light of Christ is just what the words imply: enlightenment, knowledge, and an uplifting, ennobling, persevering influence that comes upon mankind because of Jesus Christ. For instance, Christ is “the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world” (D&C 93:2; see John 1:9). The light of Christ fills the “immensity of space” and is the means by which Christ is able to be “in all things, and is through all things, and is round about all things.” It “giveth life to all things” and is “the law by which all things are governed.” It is also “the light that quickeneth” man’s understanding (see D&C 88:6–13, 41). In this manner, the light of Christ is related to man’s conscience and tells him right from wrong (Moro. 7:12–19).

The light of Christ should not be confused with the personage of the Holy Ghost, for the light of Christ is not a personage at all. Its influence is preliminary to and preparatory to one’s receiving the Holy Ghost. The light of Christ will lead the honest soul who “hearkeneth to the voice” to find the true gospel and the true Church and thereby receive the Holy Ghost (see D&C 84:46–48). Additional references are Alma 19:6; 26:3; D&C 20:27.

Holy Ghost
The third member of the Godhead and a personage of Spirit, not possessing a body of flesh and bones (D&C 130:22). The Holy Ghost has been manifest in every dispensation of the gospel since the beginning, being first made known to Adam (1 Ne. 10:17–22; Moses 6:51–68). The Holy Ghost is manifested to men on the earth both as the power of the Holy Ghost and as the gift of the Holy Ghost. The power can come upon one before baptism and is the convincing witness that the gospel is true. By the power of the Holy Ghost a person receives a testimony of Jesus Christ and of His work and the work of His servants upon the earth. The gift can come only after proper and authorized baptism and is conferred by the laying on of hands, as in Acts 8:12–25 and Moro. 2. The gift of the Holy Ghost is the right to have, whenever one is worthy, the companionship of the Holy Ghost. For those who receive this gift, the Holy Ghost acts as a cleansing agent to purify them and sanctify them from all sin. Thus it is often spoken of as “fire” (Matt. 3:11; 2 Ne. 31:17; D&C 19:31). The manifestation on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) was the gift of the Holy Ghost that came upon the Twelve, without which they were not ready for their ministries to the world.

For some reason not fully explained in the scriptures, the Holy Ghost did not operate in the fulness among the Jews during the years of Jesus’ mortal sojourn (John 7:39; 16:7). Statements to the effect that the Holy Ghost did not come until after Jesus was resurrected must of necessity refer to that particular dispensation only, for it is abundantly clear that the Holy Ghost was operative in earlier dispensations. Furthermore, it has reference only to the gift of the Holy Ghost not being present, since the power of the Holy Ghost was operative during the ministries of John the Baptist and Jesus; otherwise no one would have received a testimony of the truths that these men taught (Matt. 16:16–17; see also 1 Cor. 12:3). When a person speaks by the power of the Holy Ghost that same power carries a conviction of the truth unto the heart of the hearer (2 Ne. 33:1). The Holy Ghost knows all things (D&C 35:19) and can lead one to know of future events (2 Pet. 1:21).

Other names that sometimes refer to the Holy Ghost are Holy Spirit, Spirit of God, Spirit of the Lord, Comforter, and Spirit.

2 Nephi 33:1
1 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

So we see that the Holy Ghost is NOT the light of Christ and vice versa.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

In the end, each one of us must respond to the Savior’s question: “Will ye also go away?”
To Whom Shall We Go?
“I pray for them … that they may be one, as we are. …

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

“That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us.”1
Today is no different. For some, Christ’s invitation to believe and remain continues to be hard—or difficult to accept. Some disciples struggle to understand a specific Church policy or teaching. Others find concerns in our history or in the imperfections of some members and leaders, past and present. Still others find it difficult to live a religion that requires so much. Finally, some have become “weary in well-doing.”5 For these and other reasons, some Church members vacillate in their faith, wondering if perhaps they should follow those who “went back, and walked no more” with Jesus.

If any one of you is faltering in your faith, I ask you the same question that Peter asked: “To whom shall [you] go?” If you choose to become inactive or to leave the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where will you go? What will you do? The decision to “walk no more” with Church members and the Lord’s chosen leaders will have a long-term impact that cannot always be seen right now. There may be some doctrine, some policy, some bit of history that puts you at odds with your faith, and you may feel that the only way to resolve that inner turmoil right now is to “walk no more” with the Saints. If you live as long as I have, you will come to know that things have a way of resolving themselves. An inspired insight or revelation may shed new light on an issue. Remember, the Restoration is not an event, but it continues to unfold.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Follow the Prophet, proved once again!!!

Mosiah 24
20 And Alma and his people departed into the wilderness; and when they had traveled all day they pitched their tents in a valley, and they called the valley Alma, because he led their way in the wilderness.
21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.
22 And they gave thanks to God, yea, all their men and all their women and all their children that could speak lifted their voices in the praises of their God.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

rewcox wrote:Follow the Prophet, proved once again!!!

Mosiah 24
20 And Alma and his people departed into the wilderness; and when they had traveled all day they pitched their tents in a valley, and they called the valley Alma, because he led their way in the wilderness.
21 Yea, and in the valley of Alma they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens, and had delivered them out of bondage; for they were in bondage, and none could deliver them except it were the Lord their God.
22 And they gave thanks to God, yea, all their men and all their women and all their children that could speak lifted their voices in the praises of their God.
*sarcasm*

That's not evidence! They were putting their trust in the arm of flesh! In fact the next little bit of the story (which you ever so conveniently neglected to share) bears this out. Can't you see it - it wasn't until they turned their back on the arm of flesh, represented by fleeing the valley of "Alma," and turning to God alone that they were finally and ultimately able to find true freedom! Shame on you Rewcox for trying to turn people from God and teaching them to put their trust in the arm of flesh (i.e. prophets)! 8-| [-(

*sarcasm off*

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Onsdag wrote:

Mosiah 24
*sarcasm*

That's not evidence! They were putting their trust in the arm of flesh! In fact the next little bit of the story (which you ever so conveniently neglected to share) bears this out. Can't you see it - it wasn't until they turned their back on the arm of flesh, represented by fleeing the valley of "Alma," and turning to God alone that they were finally and ultimately able to find true freedom! Shame on you Rewcox for trying to turn people from God and teaching them to put their trust in the arm of flesh (i.e. prophets)! 8-| [-(

*sarcasm off*
If you think that by following a prophet filled with the Spirit and leading people by the power of the Holy Ghost...is merely following the arm of flesh...you could not be any further from the truth.

Here is scriptural truth:

31 Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save (except) their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

2 Chr. 20:20
20 ¶And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Heb. 13:17
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

D&C 112:20
20 Whosoever receiveth my word receiveth me, and whosoever receiveth me, receiveth those, the First Presidency, whom I have sent, whom I have made counselors for my name’s sake unto you.

So you can get rid of sarcasm and patting yourself on the back. Maybe you need to read scripture more often.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

To believe that following a prophet is wrong; that this is only following he arm of flesh...this is only an excuse to become an apostate.

Did the pioneers conceive of the idea to come across the plains, to die along the way, to suffer, bleed, have severe fatigue, bury little ones, lose limbs due to freezing cold weather, etc, or did they follow a prophet?
Did they finally reach the right place and build a city we have come to know as Salt Lake City?
Arm of flesh? Right!

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

freedomforall wrote:
Onsdag wrote:

Mosiah 24
*sarcasm*

*sarcasm off*
If you think that by following a prophet filled with the Spirit and leading people by the power of the Holy Ghost...is merely following the arm of flesh...you could not be any further from the truth.

Here is scriptural truth:

2 Chr. 20:20
20 ¶And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Heb. 13:17
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

D&C 112:20
20 Whosoever receiveth my word receiveth me, and whosoever receiveth me, receiveth those, the First Presidency, whom I have sent, whom I have made counselors for my name’s sake unto you.

So you can get rid of sarcasm and patting yourself on the back. Maybe you need to read scripture more often.
Peace brother. I am with you and Rewcox 100℅. I thought my sarcasm tags and the abundant use of exclamation marks made that clear, but I guess it only muddied the waters. I absolutely do believe in following the Prophets - they are God's anointed servants on the earth. I myself have spoken in defense of this doctrine in this very thread:
Onsdag wrote:
Finrock wrote:You guys need to understand the difference between a prophet and the President of the Church and stop conflating the two. Anyone can be a prophet (and I mean a true, legit, God appointed prophet), but only one person can be the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive revelation from the Lord to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Its a pretty straight forward concept. Stop living beneath your privilege. Its not bad or evil to get out of your cabin and start enjoying the bounteous feast, rather than just your water, crackers, and canned goods.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... g=eng&_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Finrock
Yes, each person can and should be a prophet. But that doesn't excuse us from listening to and obeying the Prophet, for, as Paul so eloquently taught, "the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints" (1 Corinthians 14:32-33). Just ask Aaron and Miriam how that went for them when they decided they no longer needed the Lord's chosen Prophet Moses because they were now "prophets" themselves (see Numbers 12). I find it rather interesting that this scripture immediately follows the famous "would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!" quote from Moses that people around here and elsewhere like to use to 'prove' that we can become prophets ourselves and therefore don't need a Prophet to lead us. I guess they don't like to continue reading this next chapter because it proves them wrong and that God has indeed given us Prophets and expects us to hearken to them and support them.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Onsdag wrote:Peace brother. I am with you and Rewcox 100℅. I thought my sarcasm tags and the abundant use of exclamation marks made that clear, but I guess it only muddied the waters. I absolutely do believe in following the Prophets - they are God's anointed servants on the earth. I myself have spoken in defense of this doctrine in this very thread:
Onsdag wrote:
Finrock wrote:You guys need to understand the difference between a prophet and the President of the Church and stop conflating the two. Anyone can be a prophet (and I mean a true, legit, God appointed prophet), but only one person can be the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive revelation from the Lord to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Its a pretty straight forward concept. Stop living beneath your privilege. Its not bad or evil to get out of your cabin and start enjoying the bounteous feast, rather than just your water, crackers, and canned goods.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... g=eng&_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Finrock
Yes, each person can and should be a prophet. But that doesn't excuse us from listening to and obeying the Prophet, for, as Paul so eloquently taught, "the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints" (1 Corinthians 14:32-33). Just ask Aaron and Miriam how that went for them when they decided they no longer needed the Lord's chosen Prophet Moses because they were now "prophets" themselves (see Numbers 12). I find it rather interesting that this scripture immediately follows the famous "would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!" quote from Moses that people around here and elsewhere like to use to 'prove' that we can become prophets ourselves and therefore don't need a Prophet to lead us. I guess they don't like to continue reading this next chapter because it proves them wrong and that God has indeed given us Prophets and expects us to hearken to them and support them.
My apologies. We're getting so many forum members that rag on the prophets one way or another that the least amount of distasteful comments stirs the blood. Some people take the "arm of flesh" thing way too far. They cannot, or perhaps, refuse to discern between a man of God using the power of the Holy Ghost to lead people and a person on a sidewalk yelling their lungs out screaming doom and hell fire.

Seeker144k
captain of 100

Post by Seeker144k »

Wow, interesting thread. So relevant in recent years.

The President of the church instructed members to get the "safe and effective" jab. Now we are finding out how good that advice is.

I had a friend who was in excellent health who was concerned about getting the vaccine until the prophet said to. Then he immediately did. He died of a stroke about a month ago. There were several things about his case that matched up to new information I recently heard...

I kept hearing about new white blood clots that morticians started seeing around Nov. 2021, after the jab came out. I called my local mortician and talked with him for 28 minutes about it. He said it is not made up of anything found in the blood, (like iron for example). It doesn't break up like normal blood clots and significantly interferes with his embalming process. He says every time he has a difficult time embalming as a result of these new clots, he asks the family if the person got the jab. Every family has confirmed yes. The government sent him and all the morticians he knows a survey about it a few months ago.

I asked if it was killing people and he said absolutely. If the clots gets stuck in the brain it presents as a stroke. If it blocks the heart, then a heart attack. If they clog up all the organs, then it creates total organ failure.

I asked if he can tell the difference between a normal stroke and a new white clot stroke and he said yes. Normal stroke clots break up and get pushed out with the embalming fluid. These clots don't break up and so half the person's head get embalmed right down the forehead, nose, lips, chin and into the neck. He said it was really weird. To embalm the other half he has to go through a new entry point. They also clog the legs, arms and other places. He said lots of morticians are having trouble completing embalmings as a result of these clots.

He send me a video showing the difference between a normal clot and the new white clots. He also sent me a picture of a white clot half the length of a long pair of scissors about as round as a pinky finger that came out during one embalming. He said that they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, even as large as the lungs. He also sent me the following article about them:

Embalmers Have Been Finding Numerous Long, Fibrous Clots That Lack Post-Mortem Characteristics

I hope that you didn't follow the prophet when the spirit was yelling not to on this one.

~Seeker

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Seeker144k wrote: May 6th, 2023, 1:29 pm Wow, interesting thread. So relevant in recent years.

The President of the church instructed members to get the "safe and effective" jab. Now we are finding out how good that advice is.

I had a friend who was in excellent health who was concerned about getting the vaccine until the prophet said to. Then he immediately did. He died of a stroke about a month ago. There were several things about his case that matched up to new information I recently heard...

I kept hearing about new white blood clots that morticians started seeing around Nov. 2021, after the jab came out. I called my local mortician and talked with him for 28 minutes about it. He said it is not made up of anything found in the blood, (like iron for example). It doesn't break up like normal blood clots and significantly interferes with his embalming process. He says every time he has a difficult time embalming as a result of these new clots, he asks the family if the person got the jab. Every family has confirmed yes. The government sent him and all the morticians he knows a survey about it a few months ago.

I asked if it was killing people and he said absolutely. If the clots gets stuck in the brain it presents as a stroke. If it blocks the heart, then a heart attack. If they clog up all the organs, then it creates total organ failure.

I asked if he can tell the difference between a normal stroke and a new white clot stroke and he said yes. Normal stroke clots break up and get pushed out with the embalming fluid. These clots don't break up and so half the person's head get embalmed right down the forehead, nose, lips, chin and into the neck. He said it was really weird. To embalm the other half he has to go through a new entry point. They also clog the legs, arms and other places. He said lots of morticians are having trouble completing embalmings as a result of these clots.

He send me a video showing the difference between a normal clot and the new white clots. He also sent me a picture of a white clot half the length of a long pair of scissors about as round as a pinky finger that came out during one embalming. He said that they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, even as large as the lungs. He also sent me the following article about them:

Embalmers Have Been Finding Numerous Long, Fibrous Clots That Lack Post-Mortem Characteristics

I hope that you didn't follow the prophet when the spirit was yelling not to on this one.

~Seeker
This is disturbing stuff. Appreciate you sharing it. I was aware of it, but it's good to get corroborating experiences.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Seeker144k wrote: May 6th, 2023, 1:29 pm Wow, interesting thread. So relevant in recent years.

~Seeker
Interesting that you would post this COVID information on at religious 6 y/o thread, motivation? Obviously not to help someone avoid the shot or learn about it.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

There are many eho prophrsy in thr last days. Rememeber what thr biblr said jeshua said

Arm Chair Quarterback
captain of 1,000

Post by Arm Chair Quarterback »

~Seeker

The documentary "Died Suddenly" is based mostly on these white blood clots found by embalmers. The documentary interviews a number of them. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ2Gulxz6oY

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"The people therefore believe that the President of the Church, his counselors, and the Council of the Twelve Apostles have a right to the revelations of the Lord as to the conduct of the Church and the members thereof; that the Lord actually speaks through them as the result of the revelations which He gives them; and that therefore the members are under obligation, when the President of the Church speaks, to follow his advice and counsel." (From an 11 October 1941 letter from the First Presidency to an officer at the U.S. Treasury).

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

TheDuke wrote: May 6th, 2023, 3:21 pm

~Seeker
Interesting that you would post this COVID information on at religious 6 y/o thread, motivation? Obviously not to help someone avoid the shot or learn about it.
As I currently sit in fast and testimony meeting, I found it interesting to read the first page before jumping to the end. Especially since this post originated prior to the drum beat of "follow the prophet" was turned up to 11.

One of the first posts had this nugget,
"As for the "latter days" Moroni repeated to Joseph Smith 4 times whom the people soon after him, are to hearken unto, or perish, and that prophet is "Jesus Christ", alone. (See Joseph Smith History 1:40, also see how many times this message was repeated.)"

It highlights the dissonance between truth and misapplying truth and turning it into a mantra that is a precept of man.

The C-19 jab is a powerful and practical cautionary tale. It's perfectly germane to the OP about 'follow the prophet'.

And it is no wonder why the jab and president Nelson's and the Church's promotion of the jab has been a call to awake and arise to our awful situation. The President is a bonesman and the Church is in bed with wh0re of Babylon. The secret combinations are above us.

Even people's blood has been turned to combine against them.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

lundbaek wrote: May 6th, 2023, 11:37 pm "The people therefore believe that the President of the Church, his counselors, and the Council of the Twelve Apostles have a right to the revelations of the Lord as to the conduct of the Church and the members thereof; that the Lord actually speaks through them as the result of the revelations which He gives them; and that therefore the members are under obligation, when the President of the Church speaks, to follow his advice and counsel." (From an 11 October 1941 letter from the First Presidency to an officer at the U.S. Treasury).
Heartbreaking. So many under that spell. It would be so easy if it were true. And offer us little in way of personal development.

Joseph Smith history 1
40 In addition to these, he quoted the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, saying that it was about to be fulfilled. He quoted also the third chapter of Acts, twenty-second and twenty-third verses, precisely as they stand in our New Testament. He said that that prophet was Christ; but the day had not yet come when “they who would not hear his voice should be cut off from among the people,” but soon would come.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Arm Chair Quarterback wrote: May 6th, 2023, 4:27 pm

~Seeker

The documentary "Died Suddenly" is based mostly on these white blood clots found by embalmers. The documentary interviews a number of them. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ2Gulxz6oY
Those r not so much clots as nano circuits. Mrna mind control achieved. 80% of waxed fell for ukraine test. 10 to 20% of unwaxed did. Thrn most recanted later. These mrna borg circuits control thoughts. The species is over one way or another.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

ransomme wrote: May 7th, 2023, 1:54 am

~Seeker
As I currently sit in fast and testimony meeting, I found it interesting to read the first page before jumping to the end. Especially since this post originated prior to the drum beat of "follow the prophet" was turned up to 11.

"As for the "latter days" Moroni repeated to Joseph Smith 4 times whom the people soon after him, are to hearken unto, or perish, and that prophet is "Jesus Christ", alone. (See Joseph Smith History 1:40, also see how many times this message was repeated.)"

It highlights the dissonance between truth and misapplying truth and turning it into a mantra that is a precept of man.

The C-19 jab is a powerful and practical cautionary tale. It's perfectly germane to the OP about 'follow the prophet'.

And it is no wonder why the jab and president Nelson's and the Church's promotion of the jab has been a call to awake and arise to our awful situation. The President is a bonesman and the Church is in bed with wh0re of Babylon. The secret combinations are above us.

This is only the beginning of the tribulations for those that chose the lower timeline.

So far the effects have been soft. This is a mercy and grace to those of us that share this world with them. People were partying in pride during noah s days too and 2019. Until their world ended.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

From Teaching For Doctrines the Commandments of Men:
We have heard men who hold the priesthood remark that they would do anything they were told to do by those who preside over them (even) if they knew it was wrong; but such obedience as this is worse than folly to us; it is slavery in the extreme; and the man who would thus willingly degrade himself, should not claim a rank among intelligent beings, until he turns from his folly. A man of God would despise the idea. Others, in the extreme exercise of their almighty authority have taught that such obedience was necessary, and that no matter what the saints were told to do by their presidents, they should do it without any questions. When the Elders of Israel will so far indulge in these extreme notions of obedience as to teach them to the people, it is generally because they have it in their hearts to do wrong themselves. (Joseph Smith, Millennial Star, 14:38, pp.593-595.)
Any ensnared by the false doctrine that the prophet can’t lead the church astray are recommended to read the chapter “Follow the Prophet” from the above referenced book by Robert Smith.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

BigT wrote: May 7th, 2023, 8:08 am From Teaching For Doctrines the Commandments of Men:
We have heard men who hold the priesthood remark that they would do anything they were told to do by those who preside over them (even) if they knew it was wrong; but such obedience as this is worse than folly to us; it is slavery in the extreme; and the man who would thus willingly degrade himself, should not claim a rank among intelligent beings, until he turns from his folly. A man of God would despise the idea. Others, in the extreme exercise of their almighty authority have taught that such obedience was necessary, and that no matter what the saints were told to do by their presidents, they should do it without any questions. When the Elders of Israel will so far indulge in these extreme notions of obedience as to teach them to the people, it is generally because they have it in their hearts to do wrong themselves. (Joseph Smith, Millennial Star, 14:38, pp.593-595.)
Any ensnared by the false doctrine that the prophet can’t lead the church astray are recommended to read the chapter “Follow the Prophet” from the above referenced book by Robert Smith.
It is time for the children of god to choose to follow thr holy spirit. Time to grow up and not obey their parents blindly.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ransomme wrote: May 7th, 2023, 1:54 am

~Seeker

Ok, but for a poster who has their C&E, is one of the 144,000 and a missionary in the "Church of the Firstborn" to misquote and say "the prophet instructed", and post it on this thread is at best, more than a "cautionary tale". IMO. I am and have been opposed to how many of the Q12 pressed or at least supported the COVID plandemic. However, there is not a quote from RMN that instructed members to get the shot. He specifically showed it and said to see your Dr. Other's, lower down pushed harder and went beyond, IMO, but never was there an instruction from the prophet. If you or Seeker disagree, show the quote from RMN. Not innuendos or pressure or suggestions, but "instruction".

The first step in lying or misdirection is misquoting to make a point. Happens often here, some can not help it as they are incapable of logic, others are a bit more progressed and need to exercise more care and precision if they wish to be heeded by their peers.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

TheDuke wrote: May 7th, 2023, 9:22 am...but never was there an instruction from the prophet. If you or Seeker disagree, show the quote from RMN. Not innuendos or pressure or suggestions, but "instruction".

The first step in lying or misdirection is misquoting to make a point. Happens often here, some can not help it as they are incapable of logic, others are a bit more progressed and need to exercise more care and precision if they wish to be heeded by their peers.
You are correct in that there was never "instruction" given to receive that jab. What has been given and repeatedly at that is the prophet never has to say "thus saith the Lord" for their words to be revelation or instruction from God. That has been drilled into the membership for decades in various talks whether from Ezra Taft Benson or Heber J. Grant. And I am a witness to neighbors obeying President Nelson's "urge" to receive what he called the "literal godsend" by "following the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders."

Translation: follow the prophet who is following men of Babylon in this regard.

Many members (I mean neighbors) made it a point to correct me or at least declare their fealty to Russell M. Nelson and show me the error of my ways by not following the prophet's example in receiving the jab. They have long since remained quiet about their decision to defer to men rather than directly inquiring of the Lord as Nephi admonished his brothers to do about their father's (the prophet) teachings. This has been a rude awakening for many of those church members.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

~Seeker

I think the motivation was obvious, Duke.

The Title of the thread is misleading. Following a true prophet is good. Following those who do not produce fruits of true prophets is not good.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

lundbaek wrote: May 6th, 2023, 11:37 pm "The people therefore believe that the President of the Church, his counselors, and the Council of the Twelve Apostles have a right to the revelations of the Lord as to the conduct of the Church and the members thereof; that the Lord actually speaks through them as the result of the revelations which He gives them; and that therefore the members are under obligation, when the President of the Church speaks, to follow his advice and counsel." (From an 11 October 1941 letter from the First Presidency to an officer at the U.S. Treasury).

Let me correct this:

"The people therefore believe that the President of the Church, his counselors, and the Council of the Twelve Apostles have a right to the revelations of the Lord as to the conduct of the Church and the members thereof **As long as they themselves live worthily; that the Lord actually speaks through them as the result of the revelations which He gives them **As long as they themselves live worthily; and that therefore the members are under obligation, when the President of the Church speaks, to follow his advice and counsel. **As long as the Holy Spirit confirms their words are in fact, coming from the Lord and not from their own hearts"

Whoever wrote this forgot about D&C 121