Sealed portion of the plates

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
jwharton
captain of 1,000

Re: Sealed portion of the plates

Post by jwharton »

Sarah wrote:
then shalt thou seal up the book again, and hide it up unto me, that I may preserve the words which thou hast not read, until I shall see fit in mine own wisdom to reveal all things unto the children of men.
This sounds like to me that the sealed portion included actual words that Joseph did not read.
Yes, I see what you are saying. This would indeed mean that even though Joseph had access to the sealed portion he may not have been able to fully explore it.

Ladwpman
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Ladwpman »

I believe that patterns can be seen in the way the Lord deals with His children here on the earth and how He advances His Plans. With this in mind let's look at when the "Sealed Portion", brother of Jareds actual record, was "opened" the first time and the condition that surrounded the event. Be it remembered that Mosiah had that record and kept them sealed until the Resurrected Christ came and then the record was opened. What were the conditions then?.....well, all government systems they were under were thrown down, and only the more righteous part of the people remained. This set up the ideal setting for a Righteous Theocracy to begin allowing them to live in accordance with new, pure and additional knowledge provided by the "Sealed" portion. Then they lived in a Golden Era for nearly 300 years. So if God were to repeat the pattern, then He would throw down all nations, and spare the righteous once again.....sounds like events of His Second Coming. This would imply that as Saints, we won't see the Sealed portion until then. But wait, something else to consider. Before the Nephite event, the Brass Plates were used as a great missionary tool to get the people, mostly the Lamanites, ready for Jesus''s visit to them.....a Great tool for conversion!....would it not "fit" the pattern today for that recorded to come forth with the same goal to basically the same group of people?.....it has been prophesied to come forth, perhaps for the same reason following the same pattern. Just some thoughts.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Very well presented Ladwpman. I have felt that translation would come to Zion and not be manifested to the world, er the foundations is laid seven years before the Messiah's coming. When the gathering of the Elect comes on the very last day, then would the world know and see the Kingdom shine forth like unto the sun. So, will it be a gradual manifesting of that Priesthood and enlightenment? Yes! Because those whom do the gathering must be Translated long before the very last day!

We know the Two Witnesses will come forth three and one half years before the end, that they will be translated. It seems scripturally that it has to be restored a little earlier then the day of the Messiah's coming. Now yes it does not have to come through the writings of Mahonri Moriancumer but what other purposes does such a record have, being sealed up and then restored in the latter days? Surely not to titillate itching ears :D