How the Lord calls Prophets and Apostles today...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Jesef
captain of 1,000

Re: How the Lord calls Prophets and Apostles today...

Post by Jesef »

Btw, I see almost all the core teaching of Christ found in most religions, Buddhism being a prime example. There may be some "fluff", or stuff that isn't totally necessary or true, but the essence of receiving, developing, and becoming perfect, Godlike, Christlike, and that the essence of that is pure Love, is very apparent. So if being a "true follower" of Christ, actually means becoming a being of divine Love in action, like Christ showed us, than many, many people have access to this truth. And, even in LDS doctrine, we believe that the Light of Christ is given to every man and if they diligently follow that light it will grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day. This failsafe would surpass or compensate for apostasies and oppressive governments and pretty much every possible contingency that would prevent a person from being "taught by the missionaries" or the like. I think it is perfectly possible that Buddha and many other "enlightened" ones achieved and received all that can be, the very highest, through the direct channel with God. I don't know this for sure, but I believe all things are possible with God.

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Jesef wrote:Btw, I see almost all the core teaching of Christ found in most religions, Buddhism being a prime example. There may be some "fluff", or stuff that isn't totally necessary or true, but the essence of receiving, developing, and becoming perfect, Godlike, Christlike, and that the essence of that is pure Love, is very apparent. So if being a "true follower" of Christ, actually means becoming a being of divine Love in action, like Christ showed us, than many, many people have access to this truth. And, even in LDS doctrine, we believe that the Light of Christ is given to every man and if they diligently follow that light it will grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day. This failsafe would surpass or compensate for apostasies and oppressive governments and pretty much every possible contingency that would prevent a person from being "taught by the missionaries" or the like. I think it is perfectly possible that Buddha and many other "enlightened" ones achieved and received all that can be, the very highest, through the direct channel with God. I don't know this for sure, but I believe all things are possible with God.
I've been studying Hung Ga kung fu for about a year now, and I'm consistently intrigued by some of the similarities between how the traditional Shaolin temple operated and how the Jews' temple did. I wouldn't be surprised if someone way back when was enlightened by the Holy Ghost to a great degree, possibly to the point of being a true prophet, and created a system and ideas that would be preserved in a way that still reflected deep truths.

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

And inspired how to totally kick butt too! Just kidding.

Michael Davis
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Michael Davis »

Dear Brothers and sisters, I have really fought adding to this post, I’m not one that like saying things behind a keyboard. I enjoy person to person communication. The spirit is much stronger in those settings. I have never posted on LDSFF, but the spirit directed me to state the following. I have read some of what Amonhi has posted on LDSFF and some of what he has posted on Elliaison. To be completely honest I agree with most of the things that Amonhi teaches as far a doctrine is concern. The majority of my disagreements comes from his approach concerning the necessary leaders and Prophets of the LDS church. But the majority of what he states pertaining to doctrine is sound.

Brothers and sisters, Amonhi has shown you scriptural evidences that what he has said is correct. Some have rejected it base on the whole encompassing Eternal Plan of Happiness. And what he has shown is but a drop in the bucket of the scriptural evidence that teach these same truths. Please brother and sisters don’t let your dislike for an individual cloud your discernment of truth. I will try a little different approach to teach these truths.

So let’s take a look at this from a logical stance and hopefully this helps. First lets ask these question.

What is the FULL MEASURE of our Saviors mortal purpose?

What must happen to fulfill this purpose?

I tell you that it is to fulfill GODS purpose… “To bring to pass the immortality of mankind”. To provide a way that man may be saved. This is called the Plan of Salvation.

This can only come by the means of the spiritual ordinance of “Baptism of Fire” (The Holy Ghost).

Once you have received this ordinance you are in fact in the Gate to the Celestial Kingdom (the Holy Ghost is the Gate). This is when thee Atonement purifies you, “That you may stand Blameless”. Thus completing Gods purpose stated above “To bring to pass the immortality of mankind”, the Plan of Salvation.

This is why our Saviors Gossip is, Repentance, Baptism by water, Baptism by Fire. Once you have received the “Baptism of Fire” you have in fact fulfilled Our Saviors mission. The Fullness of our Saviors Gospel is in fact the same as the Fullness of his Mortal Purpose. The meaning of Fullness is to FULFILL to make FULL

Now if you want to talk about our “Father’s Eternal Plan of Happiness”, there is much more. But that is not part of this discussion and really has no bearing on it. Because it doesn’t excise until you have opened the Gate, or until We have Fulfilled our Saviors Purpose. We know the Eternal Plan of Happiness is there but until you obtain this promise (Baptism of Fire) you can’t obtain the promises that follow.

The reason this is important is… Our Father’s house is a house of order. If we a looking at the prize after the prize you often miss. I will use a sports analogy. You never look passed your opponent in front of you, planning for your next opponent. This will almost always lead to failure and under achieving.

If we don’t know our Saviors Gospel and His Purpose how are we ever going to receive the blessings It has to offer, and if we miss the mark on It then we miss out on everything that follows.

This is Nephi’s vision of the tree of life!! The Gossip of Jesus Christ…. Remember Lehi/Nephi’s vision of the Tree of Life is the Plan of Salvation. The Purpose, Mission and Gospel of our Savior.

I bear my witness to these Truths and I pray that every soul partakes. May the spirit bless and guide you.

Michael Davis

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Jesef wrote:And inspired how to totally kick butt too! Just kidding.
Well, that is a useful side effect... :))

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

bump...

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Michael Davis wrote:Please brother and sisters don’t let your dislike for an individual cloud your discernment of truth.
This is worth repeating and so very important.

-Finrock

seekingtruth
captain of 50

Post by seekingtruth »

Finrock wrote: August 29th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Michael Davis wrote:Please brother and sisters don’t let your dislike for an individual cloud your discernment of truth.
This is worth repeating and so very important.

-Finrock
I wonder why the thread died shortly after Michael Davis's post :-? It was a good one! I wholeheartedly agree with this statement!