Jesus Married to Mary Magdalene

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Bgood
captain of 1,000

Re: Need Help Darren and Heir Of Numenor/ Jesus Married to Mary Magdalene

Post by Bgood »

Joseph Fielding Smith apparently believed that Jesus had been married, and that He had children. In a 1963 letter to Elder Smith (then President of the Quorum of the Twelve), J. Ricks Smith asked for clarification on a question he had concerning the marital and paternal status of Jesus:

Burbank, California
March 17, 1963

President Joseph Fielding Smith
47 East South Temple Street
Salt Lake City 11, Utah

Dear President Smith:

In a discussion recently, the question arose, "Was Christ married?" The
quote of Isaiah 53:10 was given, which reads,

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put Him to grief:
when thou shalt make his soul and offering for sin, he shall see
His seed, he shall prolong His days, and the pleasure of the Lord
shall prosper in his hand.

What is meant by "he shall see his seed"? Does this mean that Christ had
children?

In the Temple ceremony we are told that only through Temple marriage can
we receive the highest degree of exaltation and dwell in the presence of
our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Christ came here to set us the
example and, therefore, we believe that he must have been married. Are we
right?

Sincerely,

J. Ricks Smith
1736 N. Ontario Street
Burbank, California

In a written response (on the same letter), Elder Smith indicated his feelings on the matter—both in the positive. Placing an asterisk next to the words "His seed" in the letter, at the bottom of the letter Elder Smith wrote:

*Mosiah 15:10-12 Please Read Your Book of Mormon!

Placing two asterisks next to the words "he must have been married," at the bottom of the letter Elder Smith wrote:

**Yes! But do not preach it! The Lord advised us not to cast pearls before swine!

Apparently Elder Smith believed that the married state of Jesus was true, but that it should not be preached to others.
Official doctrine?

Even though several leaders have expressed positive opinions on the subject, there has never been any revelation or official statement on the subject on behalf of the Church.

Dale Bills, a spokesman for the Church, said in a statement released Tuesday, 16 May 2006:

The belief that Christ was married has never been official church doctrine. It is neither sanctioned nor taught by the church. While it is true that a few church leaders in the mid-1800s expressed their opinions on the matter, it was not then, and is not now, church doctrine.[2]

The Church does not take an official position on this issue

Main articles: Fallibility of prophets and Does LDS doctrine change?

This is one of many issues about which the Church has no official position. As President J. Reuben Clark taught under assignment from the First Presidency:

Here we must have in mind—must know—that only the President of the Church, the Presiding High Priest, is sustained as Prophet, Seer, and Revelator for the Church, and he alone has the right to receive revelations for the Church, either new or amendatory, or to give authoritative interpretations of scriptures that shall be binding on the Church....

When any man, except the President of the Church, undertakes to proclaim one unsettled doctrine, as among two or more doctrines in dispute, as the settled doctrine of the Church, we may know that he is not "moved upon by the Holy Ghost," unless he is acting under the direction and by the authority of the President
Last edited by Bgood on July 17th, 2015, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Jesus Married to Mary Magdalene

Post by inho »

Bgood wrote:Joseph Fielding Smith apparently believed that Jesus had been married, and that He had children. In a 1963 letter to Elder Smith (then President of the Quorum of the Twelve), J. Ricks Smith asked for clarification on a question he had concerning the marital and paternal status of Jesus:

Mosiah 15:10-12

10 And now I say unto you, who shall declare his generation? Behold, I say unto you, that when his soul has been made an offering for sin he shall see his seed. And now what say ye? And who shall be his seed?

11 Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.

12 For these are they whose sins he has borne; these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions. And now, are they not his seed?
Based on this, I'm not sure if Joseph Fielding Smith believed that Jesus had children.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Darren Quote: Bruce Wydner is a great source for this information as he is uniquely qualified with his study in the dozen or so languages, ancient and modern, that he works with, a multi-talanted historian who has studied words on levels that others cannot.

Bruce Wydner rejects the notion that Jesus had any children or that he was married. This is not because of the ample evidence but because he himself did not get married until he was into his 40s, having 5 children after that, and he relates his experience into that of Jesus having a similar focus on his calling in life, that would have kept him unavailable for marriage.

I on the other hand, I have dug into Bruce Wydner's research and I clearly see evidence of Jesus' marriage and children, I have found at least 3 Nordic names that I believe belong to his children, as well as the Nordic names for one of his wives and the Nordic name for his mother. As just about every scholar knows the name Mary did not exist at the time of Jesus, nor did the name Jesus exist for that matter, Jesus is a Greek alteration of the Hebrew name for that which we in English use "Joshua."

Now I may have some things wrong but here it goes...

Jesus' oldest son is named Yngvi-Freyr, shortened to sound like “Ing,” Yng became one of the first Patriarch/Kings of the Swedish people, and Yng is where we get Eng for the English People. The Queen of England claims to be a decedent of Yng. Joseph Smith, Jr. is also a decedent of Yng. Yng was raised by his uncle "Njord," Jesus' brother-in-law and king in the "North," in an Israelite settlement on the north shore of the Black Sea, with the Israelite people who called themselves the Wayne People.

According to the Icelandic Sagas, when Jesus brought most of the Church in Jerusalem up to the north shore of the Black Sea where the Don River connects, Njord and Freyr were living with the people there, he took Njord and Freyr, changed Freyr’s name to Yng and put them into the 12 apostles of the Church.

Yng’s father is Jesus Christ, his foster father is Njord. Yng’s grandmother is Frigg, in Jerusalem Frigg’s name was the Hebrew for Miriam and Yng’s mother, and a wife of Jesus Christ is Freya, Both of these women were named the same in Jerusalem, the Nordics made some distinction, but it is from the name of Jesus Christ’s mother that we get the English word Free.

The “Holy Grail” are the decedents of Jesus Christ through Yng, who are the Patriarchal bloodline and kings of Sweden.

The Books that Bruce Wydner has authored contain all this information.

God Bless,
Darren

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Bgood wrote:Darren Quote: Bruce Wydner is a great source for this information as he is uniquely qualified with his study in the dozen or so languages, ancient and modern, that he works with, a multi-talanted historian who has studied words on levels that others cannot.

Bruce Wydner rejects the notion that Jesus had any children or that he was married. This is not because of the ample evidence but because he himself did not get married until he was into his 40s, having 5 children after that, and he relates his experience into that of Jesus having a similar focus on his calling in life, that would have kept him unavailable for marriage.

I on the other hand, I have dug into Bruce Wydner's research and I clearly see evidence of Jesus' marriage and children, I have found at least 3 Nordic names that I believe belong to his children, as well as the Nordic names for one of his wives and the Nordic name for his mother. As just about every scholar knows the name Mary did not exist at the time of Jesus, nor did the name Jesus exist for that matter, Jesus is a Greek alteration of the Hebrew name for that which we in English use "Joshua."

Jesus' oldest son is named Yngvi-Freyr, shortened to sound like “Ing,” Yng became one of the first Patriarch/Kings of the Swedish people, and Yng is where we get Eng for the English People. The Queen of England claims to be a decedent of Yng. Joseph Smith, Jr. is also a decedent of Yng. Yng was raised by his uncle "Njord," Jesus' brother-in-law and king in the "North," in an Israelite settlement on the north shore of the Black Sea, with the Israelite people who called themselves the Wayne People.

According to the Icelandic Sagas, when Jesus brought most of the Church in Jerusalem up to the north shore of the Black Sea where the Don River connects, Njord and Freyr were living with the people there, he took Njord and Freyr, changed Freyr’s name to Yng and put them into the 12 apostles of the Church.

Yng’s father is Jesus Christ, his foster father is Njord. Yng’s grandmother is Frigg, in Jerusalem Frigg’s name was the Hebrew for Miriam and Yng’s mother, and a wife of Jesus Christ is Freya, Both of these women were named the same in Jerusalem, the Nordics made some distinction, but it is from the name of Jesus Christ’s mother that we get the English word Free.

The “Holy Grail” are the decedents of Jesus Christ through Yng, who are the Patriarchal bloodline and kings of Sweden.

God Bless,
Darren
If you are saying YNG is a descendant of Christ, would he not be of the tribe of Judah?

BurningSword
captain of 100

Re: Jesus Married to Mary

Post by BurningSword »

slimjamm wrote:
BurningSword wrote:
slimjamm wrote:

So you're saying Christ ignored or just neglected the first commandment given? To multiply and replenish the earth. Our whole lives are patterned (or should be) after that great grand progenitor, Adam or Michael, the Ancient of Days. Even Christ claims, he only did what the Father taught him.
Jesus Christ is the I AM, those commands were given to the children of men so that vessels could be created to allow spirits that are fallen a chance of redemption. You are not Begotten there is only One true Begotten Son, which is basically exactly as His Father. Many will be rejected whom thought themselves worthy in that day, only to later receive forgiveness in later Resurrections. This is due to pride being so great in Zion, that few could actually enter, many will be mislead when Satan comes again from pit and says to man ye can be Gods, he will put it into heart of many that they can be as the Father just as he put it into heart of spirits when fell with many of angels.

Christ saying ye be gods, only means people have potential to create it does not mean they are as God is or can arise to become it. God which is Good, is not something a person obtains overtime but is something which is beyond comprehension of mankind and existed forever. Even so mankind are not true Children of God but spirits awaiting to be adopted as Christ would say to some 'ye be of your Father the Devil' and to others he would call his children even saying 'Daughter' or 'Son' to some. This is because he knew which spirits in those vessels were those found in book of life and those whom will side with Satan not found in it. For adoption goes both ways either into good or evil, God or the Devil it is nature of God to share so it is that based on what a person achieved in glory will determine their access to his infinite knowledge but they will never have entirety of it. It is Satan's agenda to make people see Jesus as them to humanise him and remove his divinity for he lived by higher laws than what was revealed to mankind and achieved more than people even know.
One of the greatest missions of Christ many miss, is his teaching us who we really are. Just as Christ, line upon line, precept upon precept, learned who he was and his mission in the plan; so too does he try and show us our potential. He worked out his salvation the same as his Father before him. And we too are here working out our salvation in the same pattern. This in no way belittles Christ or takes away any of his divinity. We are the Father's work and glory. We in every sense of the word, are offspring of our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the prophet Joseph Smith, in revealing the true nature of God, and in so doing, the true purpose of the plan, and man's potential in that plan. We are of the same species as all the gods, and will have every opportunity to become just like them.
Technically you are not true offspring, but are spirits which were organised from the pool of eternal intelligence. If you were true offspring you would be without sin and would have made better choices in life, even understanding greater things through spirit and be called of God good, but God calls the children of men 'evil knowing how to give good gifts', but calls his Son good and his Son says only God is good. The children of the morning star are not same as ye they are much older and it does not mean that Jesus being the first was a created being, he always was in the Bosom of the Father. The morning star is a mystery and why Lucifer was called it and Christ will not be revealed to mankind until the Millennial, you should not underestimate this process you are in now, as it is possible to be adopted by Devil or God. That is why Christ said to strive that ye may be found worthy to enter through the straight and narrow gate. I feel people have altered things said and changed meanings to better suit themselves, I declare that only the Son was from Heaven, pre-mortal existence is not Heaven nor does it mean the intelligences which are organised into spirit are direct Children of God, they can be called children of God and at times even some true children of the morning star can incarnate with purposes, but most spirits are in process of being given a chance of redemption from bad choices they have made, that is why the scriptures say Adopted Sons and Daughters unto God.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Now these are but some examples of scripture even from Jesus Christ and even I have had it confirmed and I have indeed spoken directly to the Father and Angels and was sent unto the LDS that they may be blessed and as such became a member even knowing doctrines I have heard spoken do error even if close to truth that it baptism may be justified, for even Joseph Smith had error and admitted so and much was lost of manuscripts because of it. Now he whom deny the truth is heeding unto lies, for it is clear mankind are children of God through adoption of Jesus Christ they did not begin as children of God and can also become children of the Devil if they so choose evil and unrighteousness. If thou knew what authority I speak through and what source I have come from ye would heed mine words even if it was not same as those ye idolise in authority's ye call Apostles and Prophets. But I say you do not nor would believe in which authority I do hold or reason why I am upon the world at this time speaking to children of men about mystery's of this creation.

BurningSword
captain of 100

Post by BurningSword »

inho wrote:
Bgood wrote:Joseph Fielding Smith apparently believed that Jesus had been married, and that He had children. In a 1963 letter to Elder Smith (then President of the Quorum of the Twelve), J. Ricks Smith asked for clarification on a question he had concerning the marital and paternal status of Jesus:

10 And now I say unto you, who shall declare his generation? Behold, I say unto you, that when his soul has been made an offering for sin he shall see his seed. And now what say ye? And who shall be his seed?

11 Behold I say unto you, that whosoever has heard the words of the prophets, yea, all the holy prophets who have prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord—I say unto you, that all those who have hearkened unto their words, and believed that the Lord would redeem his people, and have looked forward to that day for a remission of their sins, I say unto you, that these are his seed, or they are the heirs of the kingdom of God.

12 For these are they whose sins he has borne; these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions. And now, are they not his seed?
Based on this, I'm not sure if Joseph Fielding Smith believed that Jesus had children.
Indeed, for the seed is WORD of God and all whom have embraced it through the blessing of Abrahams Covenant and atonement of Jesus Christ become adopted children unto God even so their Father Jesus Christ. And this is same reason I have said to learn to discern through the spirit of truth or you will error for scripture can mean something different than it says or it can be just as it says only way to know is through the spirit of truth. Now I will declare unto all listening I have access to more knowledge than any of leadership of church, but that they are still seen of God as trying to do good and shall not lose their reward but will go through things they need too in order to be justified. For as the Church is now it is not as the Son of God wished it to be for much is missing but it is suffered to be so for now but a greater restoration will come.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

inho wrote:

All who accept the Savior's atonement and are willing to covenant with him henceforth to keep his commandments by an act of baptism are accounted his seed. He becomes the spiritual Father of all those who hearken unto the words of his PROPHETS, believe in his work of redemption, and earnestly seek for his forgiveness, "For these are they whose sins he has borne; and these are they for whom he has died, to redeem them from their transgressions. And now, are they not his seed?

Abinadi has no doubt stumped King Noah and his priests with his question, above, as to Isaiah meant when he referred to Christ's seed. Having their full, he now answers his own question. Watch carefully as he defines the Savior's as those who believe in Christ, who live the gospel, and who ultimately attain exaltation in the celestial kingdom.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

rewcox wrote:
Bgood wrote:Darren Quote: Bruce Wydner is a great source for this information as he is uniquely qualified with his study in the dozen or so languages, ancient and modern, that he works with, a multi-talanted historian who has studied words on levels that others cannot.

God Bless,
Darren
If you are saying YNG is a descendant of Christ, would he not be of the tribe of Judah?
Yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

avatarHeirofNumenor Quote: May I suggest to look towards Glastonbury, England?

Among the British Israel movement, English tradition and Vatican historians - some hold the view that the Jews drove several of the Lord's family/inner circle away in 36 AD - they tried to kill some by casting them adrift on the Mediterranean without or or sail... through divine providence they drifted to and landed at Marseillies, France - where they traveled north up the Rhone river to Switzerland, hen contied down the Rhine until they crossed the North Sea/English Channel, and created/joined a group of Israelites at Glastonbury...

Those mentioned as part of these outcasts are:
Joseph of Arimethea (whom the locals in England seemed to know as being a tin merchant)
Mary, mother of Jesus (died there in 48 AD- all the apostles are said to have met there for her funeral, and Christ then appeared there)
Mary's cousin Anna (Joseph of A.'s daughter. - she is said to have married the royal Briton line, whom which comes the house of Tudor).
Lazarus, and his sisters Mary & Martha (wives of Jesus)
Mary Magdalene ( a wife of Jesus)
Marcella - a maid to Lazarus' sisters (a daughter of theirs & Jesus?)
Maximin - a disciple (a son?)

I do not believe this list is complete.... it is highly likely that if Joseph step-father of Jesus died before Jesus was a full adult, then Joseph of A. took his grand-nephew Jesus with him on his trips to England and elsewhere, where those descendants Abraham (who left Moses during the Exodus, Troy during the Judges, Israel during David/Solomon's times, 10 Tribes after Assyria, etc.) where those people would have quite possibly have been receptive to the Messiah....it is quite possible that after the Resurrection, the Lord moved his family to a safe zone - far away from Jerusalem, Glastonbury, Cornwall, & Wales then untouched by the Romans. Christ is also said to have appeared at Glastonbury in 37 AD - and did much the same as He did for the Nephites, the Hawaiians/Polynesians, and the Scandinavians...
Glastonbury is also supposed to be the mystical isle of Avalon of King Arthur fame (a hill surrounded by a marsh in 450-500 AD).

Despite the persecution against the Christian Britons ordered by Emperor Diocletian in the late 200's AD, something of their heritage (and linage?) survived and took deep root... and surfaced when the LDS apostles arrived in North-Western England in the late 1830's.... :)

A couple of great books that touch on this subject are:

"Whence Came They: Israel, Britain, and the Restoration" by Vaughn E. Hansen, Ph.D. (Springville, Utah: Cedar Fort, 1993)
"The House of Israel", by E.L. Whitehead (publ. 1947) (out of print).
Last edited by Bgood on July 17th, 2015, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanks for quoting Darren and Heir Of Numenor. They are two posters it would be nice to hear more from :)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

slimjamm wrote:So you're saying Christ ignored or just neglected the first commandment given? To multiply and replenish the earth. Our whole lives are patterned (or should be) after that great grand progenitor, Adam or Michael, the Ancient of Days. Even Christ claims, he only did what the Father taught him.
This may have been mentioned in one of those million tl;dr posts, but Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. Why would He do that, yet refuse to get married? If He was obedient to all of God's commandments, He had to have been obedient to the first one.

He was perfect. He was perfectly obedient. The Jews were willing to consider Him a rabbi. Unmarried men were not allowed to be rabbis - that would have been thrown up in His face along with the other stuff (not keeping the sabbath day holy, for example).

Mormon Suicide
captain of 100

Post by Mormon Suicide »

Scholarly articles recently released concerning the Gospel of Jesus Wife
http://ntweblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/ ... ament.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I am not sure that Jesus married anyone in this life.

I just read in the "Teachings of the Presidents" manual (Gordon B. Hinckley) on page 129, in reference to Jesus, that, "He walked the dusty roads of Palestine. He had no home that he could call his own, no place to rest his head."

If Jesus had been married with a family of his own, he would have had a home and a place to rest his head.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

On the one hand, it seems to me for various reasons that Jesus might have been and probably should have
been married. On the other hand, given his travel literary, and his primary concern with his mother at the time of his death, that his status as a perfect husband or father would be hard for me to comprehend.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

On the other hand, some of the disciples including Peter, were definitely married, and they wandered around a lot too.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I always find it interesting though that of all the people Jesus could have shown himself to first (Like Peter who would become Prophet or even John the BELOVED) it was Mary. If you were in the same situation wouldn't you choose a loved one...as in spouse? As stated in John 20:17 Jesus hadn't even presented himself to the Father yet. "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

I would say that is PRETTY special and significant for Mary.

Happy Easter everyone!

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:49 am I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.
Did Jesus become a God by the plan of salvation or by some other plan?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

alaris wrote: April 15th, 2017, 12:25 pm
Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:49 am I personally find it difficult to believe that our Lord was not. Celestial marriage , He had no need of baptism, yet He came to fulfill the law. Marriage would be no different. Know one, least of all me, can persuade nor give knowledge that would change anyone's beliefs as I have noticed on this or any other subject, He walked amongst the people, a G_d yet living as a man , sharing our trials that He may know how to succor us , but as one who gave father Adam the gift of a helpmate from the beginning that seems to be the established order. The book Dynasty of the Holy Grail: Mormonisms Holy Bloodline seems to be an interesting read. I don't wrestle with many things in the church , and this for me is a pleasant pill to swallow.
I am not sure I understand quite what your thinking. I don't believe there is any other plan , I think there is more to "birthright", and "firstborn" than we comprehend. To comprehend Him I start at His role in the preexistence, there are those who would proclaim much I choose to say less especially on a public forum, what I have learned has been through the Spirit , and a broken heart, years ago our son died on Easter Sunday, my quite gift to you is " He Lives Our Lord and King " I know this one truth the only truth that matters, may you find Him.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm
I am not sure I understand quite what your thinking. I don't believe there is any other plan , I think there is more to "birthright", and "firstborn" than we comprehend. To comprehend Him I start at His role in the preexistence, there are those who would proclaim much I choose to say less especially on a public forum, what I have learned has been through the Spirit , and a broken heart, years ago our son died on Easter Sunday, my quite gift to you is " He Lives Our Lord and King " I know this one truth the only truth that matters, may you find Him.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Tone is difficult to convey in text without voice and body language. I meant what I said rhetorically to prove that there is only one plan and one path and marriage is required of all Gods. I am sorry for your loss. No one should have to bury a child. He lives.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

kittycat51 wrote: April 15th, 2017, 10:14 am I always find it interesting though that of all the people Jesus could have shown himself to first (Like Peter who would become Prophet or even John the BELOVED) it was Mary. If you were in the same situation wouldn't you choose a loved one...as in spouse? As stated in John 20:17 Jesus hadn't even presented himself to the Father yet. "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

I would say that is PRETTY special and significant for Mary.

Happy Easter everyone!
And if you read Joseph Smith's Translation, Jesus told her, "Hold me not," which I understood to mean, "Don't hold me here; I've got other things to do." I expect her first instinct was to greet Jesus with a big hug.

Also, the Sanhedrin/Pharisees/Sadducees never complained that Jesus was single. If he had been single, over 30, and unmarried, they would not have accepted him as a teacher. That would have been the big thing for them, not ignoring their Sabbath rules. I first learned this many, many years ago. And it makes sense to me.

And someone referred to the scripture where Jesus said he had no place to lay his head. In another NT scripture, someone asked where he lived and he said, "Come and see." He also said that those who listened to him were his mother and his brothers when he was told that his mother and brothers had come to see him, so I am convinced that the "no place to lay his head" was rhetorical or had some meaning unknown to us today.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

The church makes no stand today as to the idea of Jesus being married, because it is obnoxious to the Catholic church and all her harlot daughter's. And the church goes out of its way to be politically correct and to fit in.
But no question in my mind as to Him being married. To me, it is obnoxious the idea that He was not married.
I read a book on it years ago when I was a young child and believed it then. The gospel reveals to us that we have a Mother in heaven also, hence the hymn " Oh my Father". So why is it so hard to understand or comprehend? Because we are raised with false traditions and polluted doctrines. Or rather the great whore of all the earth removed many plain and precious parts of the Gospel of the lamb. But yet strangely enough the idea that there is a Christ was promulgated by that church throughout the so called Christian world and to the "pagans" since that time. Then along comes Mormonism and says yes there is a Christ and yes He is the same one as what you (Catholicism) preaches, except that we have the, restored knowledge of who and what He really is....
Speaking of Dan Brown's novel " the Divinci Code" and the theme that the girl was a direct descendant of Christ, most definitely upset the Catholic church as they even made some documentary rebuttals against that book/movie. But I thought that inspite of it being a novel, that even suggesting the idea that Christ was married and/or at least had an actual bloodline was an improvement over false traditions...
But that's just me, to each his/her own.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Another question to consider:

If Jesus had married and had children in this life, would any of his kids have inherited his ability to endure physical and emotional pain that would have killed a regular man?

What about his power and ability to fast for 40 days or to choose when to give up the ghost?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Matchmaker wrote: April 16th, 2017, 3:37 pm Another question to consider:

If Jesus had married and had children in this life, would any of his kids have inherited his ability to endure physical and emotional pain that would have killed a regular man?

What about his power and ability to fast for 40 days or to choose when to give up the ghost?
I think those are excellent questions. Jesus was half mortal. His children would have been 3/4 mortal, but death had no claim on Jesus because he was innocent of sin. Many scriptures say death (physical and spiritual) is the result of sin, Adam and Eve being the first example (which also shows us that the physical death is more of a degeneration, and not an instant thing). Since only Jesus was without sin, his children would have sinned, thus they would have been subject to death. Whether that would affect their ability to physically endure, I don't know. Heck, I don't know anything I just said. It's my opinion, based on my understanding of the scriptures.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I found this on Netflix a few minutes ago (I was looking for a good movie on Jesus, his death and resurrection): "The Gospel of Jesus's Wife" (to be correct, at least in my day, it should be written Jesus' but the extra s was in the title). It looks interesting. I am going to watch it. I thought it fit the subject of this thread quite nicely.