You Can't Handle the Truth.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
log
captain of 1,000

You Can't Handle the Truth.

Post by log »

The "rules," and population, including the judges thereof, of LDS"F"F, are of a sufficient character to cast out, stone, and slay the prophets, even the Lord himself.

And this is ironic, since this forum touts "the principles of Liberty." Yeah, you can talk about the principles, but you can't act according to them - and this contradiction goes un-remarked upon.

"- No profanity. No inappropriate sexual content." There goes Isaiah, Ezekiel, and the Lord. "Oh, save us, scripture translators, from the language of the prophets and the Lord! Our fragile minds and intolerant, self-righteous, judgemental egos cannot take it! Give us smooth things!"

For as I, and Marc, have shown, their language is sufficient to get them banned from LDS"F"F.

And you wonder why you don't get "Thus Saith The Lord."
Isaiah 30
9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord:

10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
It's always other people the scriptures are talking about. "I'm not like them! I don't do what they do!" You do. Your rules are the same as theirs were. You produce the same outcome.

You say you revere the Book of Mormon. But you don't recognize yourselves in its pages.
Helaman 13
24 Yea, wo unto this people, because of this time which has arrived, that ye do cast out the prophets, and do mock them, and cast stones at them, and do slay them, and do all manner of iniquity unto them, even as they did of old time.

25 And now when ye talk, ye say: If our days had been in the days of our fathers of old, we would not have slain the prophets; we would not have stoned them, and cast them out.

26 Behold ye are worse than they; for as the Lord liveth, if a prophet come among you and declareth unto you the word of the Lord, which testifieth of your sins and iniquities, ye are angry with him, and cast him out and seek all manner of ways to destroy him; yea, you will say that he is a false prophet, and that he is a sinner, and of the devil, because he testifieth that your deeds are evil.

27 But behold, if a man shall come among you and shall say: Do this, and there is no iniquity; do that and ye shall not suffer; yea, he will say: Walk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a prophet.

28 Yea, ye will lift him up, and ye will give unto him of your substance; ye will give unto him of your gold, and of your silver, and ye will clothe him with costly apparel; and because he speaketh flattering words unto you, and he saith that all is well, then ye will not find fault with him.

29 O ye wicked and ye perverse generation; ye hardened and ye stiffnecked people, how long will ye suppose that the Lord will suffer you? Yea, how long will ye suffer yourselves to be led by foolish and blind guides? Yea, how long will ye choose darkness rather than light?
And ye say "- No Trolling, flaming, spamming, baiting." Thus there is no possibility a functional call to repentance can be made to these froward, lying children. "You're making me mad!" "You're not nice!" "You're not kind!" "You don't fit in!" "You make me uncomfortable!" "You're on the wrong team!"

Ye are they of whom the prophet spake.
2 Nephi 28
16 Wo unto them that turn aside the just for a thing of naught and revile against that which is good, and say that it is of no worth! For the day shall come that the Lord God will speedily visit the inhabitants of the earth; and in that day that they are fully ripe in iniquity they shall perish.

17 But behold, if the inhabitants of the earth shall repent of their wickedness and abominations they shall not be destroyed, saith the Lord of Hosts.

18 But behold, that great and abominable church, the whore of all the earth, must tumble to the earth, and great must be the fall thereof.

19 For the kingdom of the devil must shake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the devil will grasp them with his everlasting chains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;

20 For behold, at that day shall he rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.
UH OH! The Lord is intending to shake people up, to troll them, to bait them, to wake them up to a knowledge of their awful situation - and the moderators of the world, who also have a "Thou Shalt Not Make Us Uncomfortable Nor Shall You Challenge US, But Ye Shall Know Your Place!" rule will cast them out, stone them, and kill them.

Hey, I hear the Church is also ex'ing people for expressing themselves in disfavored ways, and for irritating the moderators thereof, too! It's like the intolerance meme is going around.

You don't recognize yourselves, you don't notice that those whom you esteem your enemies are just like you, you don't recognize the consequences with the rules you've adopted, and you feel justified in casting out them who cry repentance. Repentance from what? From exercising tyranny over the minds and words and thoughts of the children of men, from your intolerance, from your insufferable self-righteous pride that justifies you in casting out of your society anything that could discomfort you.

You can't handle the truth.

LDSFF is only one step removed from the real world. What you do and say here is what you are on the outside world too, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Your hypocrisy may be greater there, but you are what you are.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: You Can't Handle the Truth.

Post by gkearney »

Log, these forums are the private property of the forum owners. As such they have every right to establish any rules they wish for how they function. What is to be permitted and who is permitted to engage in them. Up to now they have been more than liberal (in the classical use of that word) in these matters, heck they put up with me a hard core political liberal, but at some point they have the right, as property owners, to limit that participation.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I was ex'ed from HG.

Do you have a calling to come to sites and rile people up? You know quite a lot of things for sure.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

I see. Private persecution is acceptable. Governmental persecution, now, that's the line in the sand. As if "government" isn't just the name we give things we do together - that is, all the "privates" hanging together.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

Yup.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

Matthew 23:34
34 ¶Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city.
From forum to forum, synagogue to synagogue, city to city, till eventually the nation.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

Remember - it's about the rules by which you relate to others. If you learn nothing else, learn this: it is not the teams, it is not the facts, it is the rules.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

log wrote:I see. Private]/i] persecution is acceptable. Governmental persecution, now, that's the line in the sand. As if "government" isn't just the name we give things we do together - that is, all the "privates" hanging together.

Governmental persecution has by virtue of it being a governmental action the force of law, the government can, for example deprive you of your liberty, property or even you life which is why we place such concern over government actions. Private parties can not, without breaking the law so act. Private parties such as the owners of these forums have but the right to limit or exclude you from participation.

That's right these are private forums, should the owners so wish they could ban you right now and you would have no recourse for appeal except to them. Frankly I am surprised they have not done so already. They show more forbearance than I would.

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

Dear Log,

I hope the mods prove you wrong here.

I hope they don't cast you out.

You make this a much more interesting place, and I apologize for any wrongs I may have done you.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

If you are the type to persecute privately, you are also the type to persecute publicly - because you are a persecutor, forsooth.

And that's the point. Whether you call it "law" or "rules," that's what you do. The micro becomes the macro, and the label you slap on it is irrelevant: it's the rules you follow.
Last edited by log on April 17th, 2015, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

log wrote:
Matthew 23:34
34 ¶Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city.
From forum to forum, synagogue to synagogue, city to city, till eventually the nation.
Are you saying you are a prophet? Who sent you on this mission?

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

Forbearance is a virtue that's to be commended, I hope it continues.

"We believe all things, we hope all things," we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praise worthy we seek after these things. Joseph Smith Jr.

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

Log, unless you are making a bid to buy out the forum from Brian then it is his Forum, his standards and his choice of who shares the facilities.

The forum rules are easily available and by using the forum you have tacitly agreed to them.

As I've said in the past "Moaning go, never moaning stay" If your not happy, your welcome to move on and start a forum of your own with your rules and standards.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

LDSFF: Love it or Leave it.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

theBruceGuy wrote:Log, unless you are making a bid to buy out the forum from Brian then it is his Forum, his standards and his choice of who shares the facilities.

The forum rules are easily available and by using the forum you have tacitly agreed to them.

As I've said in the past "Moaning go, never moaning stay" If your not happy, your welcome to move on and start a forum of your own with your rules and standards.
I am happy to stay. I am, after all, here voluntarily. The question is, will you tolerate me as I am? Will you be happy to have me stay if I speak the words and do the works of my Master?

Or will ego, coupled with the public justification of the whining of a disproportionately vocal minority, carry the day?

Just how disproportionately vocal, the HG poll showed.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

So easy to just keep scrollin' when you see a post from someone you don't like.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

I can handle whatever you want to spew,
Bring it! Keep digging that hole,

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

log.gif
log.gif (465.89 KiB) Viewed 2517 times

hyloglyph
captain of 1,000

Post by hyloglyph »

Damn

Another good OP from log? That is two days in a row.

Sad guys that the only one with anything interesting to say is a guy named 'log'

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Log dear brother I feel you have confused freedom and licence. Or do you think that I can come into your house and do everything I feel is right despite your house rules? :-\

theBruceGuy
captain of 100
Location: Battling SPECTRE -Sanctimonious People Engaging in Condecending Treament of Remnant Embassadors

Post by theBruceGuy »

log wrote:
theBruceGuy wrote:Log, unless you are making a bid to buy out the forum from Brian then it is his Forum, his standards and his choice of who shares the facilities.

I am happy to stay. I am, after all, here voluntarily. The question is, will you tolerate me as I am? Will you be happy to have me stay if I speak the words and do the works of my Master?

Or will ego, coupled with the public justification of the whining of a disproportionately vocal minority, carry the day?

Just how disproportionately vocal, the HG poll showed.
We are all here voluntarily Log, but the majority adhere to the standards Brian has set. The mods. tolerate anyone who posts within the standards. I am not a mod. out here in the general forum or I would lock this post, it brings nothing edifying; only disharmony and a direct challenge to Brian's standards.

The only whining I see Log is coming from you. Please change the tune, adhere to the standards and allow us to enjoy thought provoking posts, not constantly moaning posts.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

ajax wrote:
log.gif
Cute...
But her log cannot type, either. All in all, her log looks pretty good.

log
captain of 1,000

Post by log »

TBG:

You imagine that I am complaining about how I've been treated. You are not hearing what I am saying, then.

Inasmuch as you impose or follow this rule: "My offense is your fault!" you are the children of those who slew the prophets, stoned them, and cast them out. You, meaning whoever you are that agrees with that rule.

This rule takes the form of "Be Kind" on this forum, along with the other two rules I mention in the OP. It takes the unwritten form of "Don't Make Waves" in the Church, as well as "Don't Touch The Narrative."

It has nothing to do with Brian, or moaning as you suppose. It is about the rules you choose, and choose to follow. Open your ears.

As long as you condemn others via "common decency" and "kindness" and "niceness," you don't get Zion. You get Churches. You get hothouse communities which cannot stand the real world environment the principles of the Gospel must be followed in. You don't get prophets, you get hypocrites whose highest commandments are, truly, "Fit In," and "Don't Not Fit In."

You may deal with me as you will. As I said of the Church, if I am ever ex'd for anything other than transgression, I will heave a sigh of relief and tip a pint o' bitters and go on my merry. So it is here. I am happy to be here; I am here voluntarily. I am also happy to go.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

The men are handling this situation just fine. I have other things to do right now, and yes, I will deal with you as I will. Keep posting your
slanderous, discriminating remarks, its quite entertaining!

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Obrien wrote:
Cute...
All in all, her log looks pretty good.
Quit looking at peoples logs, Obrien :ymsick: This can't be a pooping contest without bro. jim somehow being involved