A Cleansing is Coming, Then What?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

A Cleansing is Coming, Then What?

Post by freedomforall »

Do we have to keep pushing the envelope? Are we ripe for destruction? Will God say something similar to this after the wicked have been destroyed?

Why must we stir God's wrath?

This is taken from 3 Nephi 9. What cities do you think would be named as having been destroyed along with its inhabitants?

In the darkness, the voice of Christ proclaims the destruction of many people and cities for their wickedness
Take note as to just how important prophets are. Also see what God thinks of secret combinations and corrupt government...verse 9
 1 And it came to pass that there was a voice heard among all the inhabitants of the earth, upon all the face of this land, crying:
 2 Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!
 3 Behold, that great city …................ have I burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof.
 4 And behold, that great city …................ have I caused to be sunk in the depths of the sea, and the inhabitants thereof to be drowned.
 5 And behold, that great city …..................... have I covered with earth, and the inhabitants thereof, to hide their iniquities and their abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come any more unto me against them.
 6 And behold, the city of ….......... have I caused to be sunk, and the inhabitants thereof to be buried up in the depths of the earth;
 7 Yea, and the city of …...........and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of …..........and the inhabitants thereof, and the city of …............... and the inhabitants thereof; and waters have I caused to come up in the stead thereof, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come up any more unto me against them.
 8 And behold, the city of …...................., and the city of …................., and the city of ….........., and the city of ….................., all these have I caused to be sunk, and made hills and valleys in the places thereof; and the inhabitants thereof have I buried up in the depths of the earth, to hide their wickedness and abominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up any more unto me against them.
 9 And behold, that great city …..................., which was inhabited by the people of ..., have I caused to be burned with fire because of their sins and their wickedness, which was above all the wickedness of the whole earth, because of their secret murders and combinations; for it was they that did destroy the peace of my people and the government of the land; therefore I did cause them to be burned, to destroy them from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up unto me any more against them.
 10 And behold, the city of …........., and the city of …........, and the city of …......... and the city of …...................., have I caused to be burned with fire, and the inhabitants thereof, because of their wickedness in casting out the prophets, and stoning those whom I did send to declare unto them concerning their wickedness and their abominations.
 11 And because they did cast them all out, that there were none righteous among them, I did send down fire and destroy them, that their wickedness and abominations might be hid from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints whom I sent among them might not cry unto me from the ground against them.
 12 And many great destructions have I caused to come upon this land, and upon this people, because of their wickedness and their abominations.
 13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

light-one
captain of 100

Re: A Cleansing is Coming, Then What?

Post by light-one »

16 cities. Probably all in the United States, although not necessarily.

Some people think that Prince William is the anti-Christ.

Coastal city sank into the sea? San Francisco

Is the District of Columbia count as a city?

I think hills and valleys would be a good replacement for Chicago...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

It will truly be interesting. I'm accually kinda excited to see this happen. Live durring those times.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

A cleansing, then a literal gathering. Drawing from the allegory in Jacob 5, being a timeline, we are today at around verses 55-58. With the times of the gentiles nearing a close, the time for the fullness of the gospel to be taken from the gentiles and given to the remnant of Jacob (Lamanites and as many of the House of Israel as will come) is almost here. The cleansing ain't gonna be pretty.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

LiberMama
captain of 50

Post by LiberMama »

A really good perspective I read is The Cleansing of America by Cleon Skousen. Lots to digest!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Those scriptures are so poignant. Again and again it speaks of the "blood of the prophets." How many prophets do you know of who have been killed? I can think of only Joseph and Hyrum. It also speaks of the saints with the prophets. How many saints have been killed?

You know, honestly, I have never really considered that aspect before. Either prophets and saints are going to have to be killed, or the Lord is speaking only of those who were killed in the early days of the church. What is to come in the near future? I expect destruction soon.

I remember having my world rocked when I first realized that the people spared after the destruction in the Book of Mormon were "more righteous" than those who were destroyed, but they still were the subject of heart-felt pleas by the Lord for them to repent. They hadn't "arrived" yet spiritually speaking.

If you consider the state the people lived in for 200 years after the coming of Christ, you can see how we very well could be exactly like the Nephites before the destruction. We do not have all things in common. We are not of one heart and one mind. Though we believe in Christ, we have much to do to become perfected in him.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Jezebel wrote:Those scriptures are so poignant. Again and again it speaks of the "blood of the prophets." How many prophets do you know of who have been killed? I can think of only Joseph and Hyrum. It also speaks of the saints with the prophets. How many saints have been killed?

You know, honestly, I have never really considered that aspect before. Either prophets and saints are going to have to be killed, or the Lord is speaking only of those who were killed in the early days of the church. What is to come in the near future? I expect destruction soon.

I remember having my world rocked when I first realized that the people spared after the destruction in the Book of Mormon were "more righteous" than those who were destroyed, but they still were the subject of heart-felt pleas by the Lord for them to repent. They hadn't "arrived" yet spiritually speaking.

If you consider the state the people lived in for 200 years after the coming of Christ, you can see how we very well could be exactly like the Nephites before the destruction. We do not have all things in common. We are not of one heart and one mind. Though we believe in Christ, we have much to do to become perfected in him.
This may give you an idea:

Prophets, Rejection of

I only, am left; and they seek my life: 1 Kgs. 19:10 . ( Rom. 11:3 . )
Notwithstanding they would not hear: 2 Kgs. 17:14 .
they conspired against him, and stoned him: 2 Chr. 24:21 .
they mocked the messengers of God: 2 Chr. 36:16 .
Prophesy not unto us right things: Isa. 30:10 .
they shall fight against thee: Jer. 1:19 .
they had devised devices against me: Jer. 11:19 . ( Jer. 18:18 . )
men … that seek thy life: Jer. 11:21 .
thy brethren … have dealt treacherously with thee: Jer. 12:6 .
people took him, saying, Thou shalt surely die: Jer. 26:8 .
wroth with Jeremiah … and put him in prison: Jer. 37:15 .
they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear: Jer. 44:5 .
they say of me, Doth he not speak parables: Ezek. 20:49 .
so persecuted they the prophets: Matt. 5:12 . ( Luke 6:23 ; 3 Ne. 12:12 . )
receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet: Matt. 10:41 .
prophet is not without honour, save in his own country: Matt. 13:57 . ( Mark 6:4 ; Luke 4:24 ; John 4:44 . )
beat one, and killed another, and stoned another: Matt. 21:35 .
children of them which killed the prophets: Matt. 23:31 .
Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets: Matt. 23:37 . ( Luke 13:34 . )
blood of all the prophets, which was shed: Luke 11:50 .
it cannot be that a prophet perish: Luke 13:33 .
If they hear not Moses and the prophets: Luke 16:31 .
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted: Acts 7:52 .
killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets: 1 Thes. 2:15 .
They were stoned, they were sawn asunder: Heb. 11:37 .
have shed the blood of saints and prophets: Rev. 16:6 .
Jews … sought his life: 1 Ne. 1:20 .
they have rejected the words of the prophets: 1 Ne. 3:18 . ( 1 Ne. 7:14 ; Ether 11:2, 22 . )
hearken not to the voice of his counsels: 1 Ne. 19:7 .
they perish because they cast out the prophets: 2 Ne. 26:3 .
prophet of the Lord have they slain: Mosiah 7:26 .
Amulek … being rejected: Alma 15:16 .
they murdered all the prophets: Alma 37:30 .
we would not have slain the prophets: Hel. 13:25 .
wo be unto him that will not hearken unto … them whom he hath chosen and sent: 3 Ne. 28:34 .
people did revile against the prophets: Ether 7:24 .
they have murdered the prophets: Ether 8:25 .
they who will not hear … the voice of his servants: D&C 1:14 .
received not the gospel … neither the prophets: D&C 76:101 .
if they will not hearken to my voice, nor unto the voice of these men: D&C 124:46 .
ye believed not my servants: D&C 133:71 .
For they killed the prophets: D&C 136:36 .
rebellious who rejected … the ancient prophets: D&C 138:21

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

ffa, the Lord is not going to hold us personally responsible for the prophets killed in the times of the scriptures. The Nephites were destroyed for their own sins, not others'. I don't know that we can be held responsible even for Joseph and Hyrum's deaths, since more than four generations have passed since their death and the Lord says that the sins will be upon the children for only 3 or 4 generations.

So either there will not be a physical destruction soon or there are prophets and saints being killed that I am not aware of. I can think of horrific things that have taken place in different countries to Christians, but I cannot think of anything that applies to us personally. I am also aware of persecution taking place among us, but there again, I am aware of no deaths that have taken place among prophets or saints.

So this has me wondering because I do believe that we are likely to see destruction shortly but I cannot see how it might be justified. That said, I can only think of one prophet in the Book of Mormon who was martyred before the destruction, and that also was long before the coming of Christ.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Us prophetesses need to know these things, ya know. :D

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

3 Nephi 20 and 21 lead up to 22 - the establishment of Zion.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Yes, as Jesus Christ has said, they must come to know the true points of his doctrine of being equal in your temporal things and this not grudgingly.

That all of one's surplus beyond that needed for the support of their own self and their families is to be given into the Storehouse Treasury of Tithes and Offerings without any grudgingly behavior, for the giving of first and foremost before even one brick is laid or property purchased for the building of buildings for worshipping God or the public benefit thereof the Saints, covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families, as inheritances of stewardships as God has commanded.

That this equality be established for the foundation of Zion.

To teach wealthy individuals that for a tithe plus two meals given per month they are good to go into the celestial kingdom of God is to blind them and destroy all of them.

Never has Jesus Christ taught such doctrine.

Awaken and wash and cleanse yourselves of this abomination of inequality among you in the vineyard of the Lord of Hosts.

Be ye therefore perfect, equal in your temporal things and this not grudgingly.

Love one another and care for one another and serve one another as God has commanded.

Ephraim shall come to know all of these things or be destroyed.

Speedily Ephraim should awaken and say "What have I to do anymore with idols?" And give up his shopping malls and richly adorned temples and buildings and vast tracts of land for the public benefit of the Saints until after "all" their poor and needy Saints have been given their inheritances of covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into their hands sufficient for the support of their families as stewardships as God has commanded.

Do this telling Judah as well and join together with them as one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice and inheritances for all in these lands of Zion.

Fullfill the Scriptures written in righteousness of Hosea 14:8 finally and Ezekiel 37:15-23 where the Lord may cleanse you as it is written in Ezekiel 37:23.

And as it is written "O be wise what can I say more". ♡ :)

Then they that shall be of thee shall build again the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, repairers of the breach and restorers of the paths to dwell in. ♡ :)
As it is written in Isaiah 58:12. ♡ :)

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

The United States will not be destroyed for the killing of the prophets; but more so for the discounting of the prophets. The blood of the unborn, murder, adultery, fornication, perversions, war mongering, greed, slothfullness, ingnoring the sabbath, etc. etc. etc. This land is cursed to all nations who forsake Jesus Christ. The penalty is destruction 1 Nephi 17:35.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

"First among those of you, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord." (D&C 112:26)

Awaken O Ephraim, and be not destroyed. ♡ :)

Be ye therefore perfect, keeping "all" of Gods commandments, equal in your temporal things, this not grudgingly, and as one.♡ :)

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Some people think that a "rapture" (protestant) or a "call-out" (the Mormon version of the rapture?) will occur BEFORE the great cleansing.

But as I read the prophecies-
First the cleansing, THEN the literal gathering (as Marc noted) - including the building of the New Jerusalem in NW Missouri -- then the return of Jesus.

I'm not sure when the meeting at Adam-ondi-Ahman will occur, but it WILL occur, and will be pivotal in world events.

It will be an exciting time - read about the return of the Lost Tribes from the north countries in D&C 133 - to the everlasting hills, to receive their blessings from Ephraim. Then on to build the New Jerusalem. When will that occur? after the great cleansing, I believe.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Looked up the first reference to Adam-ondi-Ahman in section 78 and reading through this section about the purpose of the storehouse was for the poor and of establishing it's affairs to see "That you may be equal in the bonds of heavenly things, yea, and earthly things also,for the obtaining of heavenly things.
For if ye are not equal in earthly things ye cannot be equal in obtaining heavenly things;
For if ye will that I give you a place in the celestial world, you must prepare yourselves by doing the things which I have commanded you and required of you."

There it was again, about being equal in your temporal things and the purpose of the storehouse to assist with this. ♡ :)

Searching about Adam-ondi-Ahman again brought me across those passages in D&C 78:1-22. ♡ :)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"The Cleansing of America" by W. Cleon Skousen has been the most helpful summary of prophesied events for me. He seems to focus heavily on these statements in particular:

D&C 45:28-31
And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that shall sit in darkness, and it shall be the fullness of my gospel; But they receive it not, for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of man. And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be men standing in that generations that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land. (D&C 45: 28-31)

D&C 84: 54-58
And your minds in times past have been darkened because of unbelief, and because you have treated lightly the things you have received— Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation. And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all. And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written— That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgement to be poured out upon the children of Zion. (D&C 84: 54-58)

D&C 97: 21-23
Therefore, verily, thus saith the Lord, let Zion rejoice, for this is Zion— The pure in heart; therefore, let Zion rejoice, while all the wicked shall mourn. For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it? The Lord’s scourge shall pass over by night and by day, and the report thereof shall vex all people; yea, it shall not be stayed until the Lord come: (D&C 97: 21-23)

D&C 112: 24-26
Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord. First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord. (D&C 112: 24-26)

1 Peter 4: 17-18
For the time cometh that judgement must begin at the house of God; and if first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? (1 Peter 4: 17-18)

But I think we also need to consider:

D&C 45:
68)...every man that will not take up his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
69) And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
70) And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71) ...the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion,...

I have heard of and read of prophetic statements about invasion of America by Russia and China, but I am not convinced of that happening enough to start learning Russian and Chinese. And I heard on one occasion years ago W. Cleon Skousen speculate on the possibility of an invasion across our border with Mexico, but I don't recall the details. One could make a case for that happening now. Maybe some of you have more information on that.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Bro. Jones,

You are right that the gathering takes place after the destruction, but the scriptures show again and again that the most righteous are called out before the destruction, such as in the case of Lot.

In the scripture quoted in the OP, it talks about those who were spared because they were more righteous than the others. There are those who are in tune with the Spirit of the Lord and are called out by him beforehand. There are those who have tried to follow Christ, but have failed to establish their own connection with him and cannot hear his voice calling them out. They are the "more righteous" who live through the destruction and are spared from it. Then there are those who have willfully perpetuated evil, oppressed the poor, been warned by the prophets and ignored them, and therefore are fully ripe for destruction who are actually wiped out.

So there are both people who are called out and there are the less righteous who are gathered after the destruction.

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

If you are trying to gather after a nuke war in the US it would almost be impossible for all the chains of supply will be broken. No Gas, no food, no electricity and roads will be destroyed. Just how are we to gather after the nukes have gone off. Also, after the nukes have gone off you have to wait at least two weeks for all the fall out to dissipate. Millions will be dead or dying.

The chance of success to gather before the nukes go off 100% if you heed the call.

The chance of success to gather after the nukes go off I would put at maybe, maybe 50% for all the reasons mentioned above.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Brother Jones has gotten himself a front row seat and is helping prepare the way. By seeing covenants and deeds that cannot be broken are being placed into the hands of the poor and needy among us, there in the promised lands of Adam-ondi-Ahman.

God bless you Brother Jones. ♡ :)

I hope The Council on the Disposition of Tithes takes notice and seeks to do likewise in the many branches wards and stakes of Zion. ♡ :)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

As for "Then What", from my understanding of D&C 98:5, 101:77, & 109:54 it appears that the principles of the US Constitution will eventually become the governing system for the whole world. I don't see this happening this side of the "cleansing of America", but I can envision it happening after the cleansing, when I think the "remnant" will include a much higher % of people who espouse government based on the principles of the US Constitution. I think there will have to be a teaching of those principles for the benefit of good, righteous people who will not have had the opportunity to learn of them, although I see many signs of that teaching beginning now here in America. And some members of the Church and others living in other countries appreciate those principles already.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I love Jacob 5. I think too many think that the Cleansing is going to get rid of all the bad people and solve all of our problems. Although I believe a nuke strike is in our future, nukes tend to wipe out the good and the bad. So I thing a major sifting has to happen first, and the good need to be separated from the bad to some degree. (I also believe some good folks will die during the Cleansing, we are told as much. But based on my studies I think there will be at least two phases of the cleansing.

Phase I - The cleansing of individuals. Call this the sifting if you will. Things will be bad, and it will drive people to either humility and repentance or further hardening of the heart against God. This is certainly underway. I believe that those who sufficiently humble themselves will be led by the Spirit to begin establishing the stakes of Zion. I don;t think there will be any "official" call out - you will be called ot by the Spirit or not at all. Why do I believe this? Because if it is an institutional call out, people who have not taken the Holy Spirit as their guide will be there and perpetuate the current problems. Those called out will need to know as they are known, see as they are seen.

Phase 2 - The cleansing of America and the world. Evil will fight against evil and I think this is the point where most if not all people who have not repented will be wiped out.

That being said, I think time is extremely short. I believe Phase 1 is wrapping up, I think phase 2 could be starting as soon as late 2016. I think 2015.75 could be the beginning of the end of Phase 1.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Jacob 5 lays out for us the way, I love it too. That the faithful laborers will begin to keep "all" of his commandments. ♡ :)

Geoff
captain of 10

Post by Geoff »

There are many prophecies which must be fulfilled before utter destruction.

The Lord's pattern is to send true prophets/apostles with power to issue a cry of repentance before He destroys. He bares His arm first, gives clear warnings and shows His power. The Book of Mormon is a type of the last days. So, for example, before the great destructions come prior to Christ's appearance at Bountiful, he sends Nephi and Lehi, the two sons of Helaman (the son of Helaman, the son of Alma, the son of Alma), to minister with great power and authority, signs and wonders, miracles and prophecy, the power of God in great glory is manifest. This happens some 20 years before His birth and 50 years before His coming. You remember Nephi prophesies the murder of the chief judge in a manner that confounds almost everyone. The Lord gives him the sealing power and he exercises it using famine, drought, and pestilence to humble the people (many of them) before war and natural destruction rampage.

Do you not think the Lord will follow a similar pattern in coming days? Ministers with great power and authority, signs and miracles, have yet to be unveiled. The Lord will send them with a very clear message, like He did Nephi. It is seeing and hearing these things and then continuing to harden their hearts which brings the destruction.
Helaman 10
11 And now behold, I command you, that ye shall go and declare unto this people, that thus saith the Lord God, who is the Almighty: Except ye repent ye shall be smitten, even unto destruction.
12 And behold, now it came to pass that when the Lord had spoken these words unto Nephi, he did stop and did not go unto his own house, but did return unto the multitudes who were scattered about upon the face of the land, and began to declare unto them the word of the Lord which had been spoken unto him, concerning their destruction if they did not repent.
13 Now behold, notwithstanding that great miracle which Nephi had done in telling them concerning the death of the chief judge, they did harden their hearts and did not hearken unto the words of the Lord.
14 Therefore Nephi did declare unto them the word of the Lord, saying: Except ye repent, thus saith the Lord, ye shall be smitten even unto destruction.
15 And it came to pass that when Nephi had declared unto them the word, behold, they did still harden their hearts and would not hearken unto his words; therefore they did revile against him, and did seek to lay their hands upon him that they might cast him into prison.
16 But behold, the power of God was with him, and they could not take him to cast him into prison, for he was taken by the Spirit and conveyed away out of the midst of them.
17 And it came to pass that thus he did go forth in the Spirit, from multitude to multitude, declaring the word of God, even until he had declared it unto them all, or sent it forth among all the people.
18 And it came to pass that they would not hearken unto his words; and there began to be contentions, insomuch that they were divided against themselves and began to slay one another with the sword.
19 And thus ended the seventy and first year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi.
According to this pattern He gives plenty of time to repent and uses the least destructive means possible first. I think we have perhaps a few decades after He bares His arm in the eyes of all the people. We will see much more of His power manifest in faith and in works first. He will hasten His work in its time.

What does the Spirit tell you?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I don't know about a call out, other than people being called out to the stakes of the church. Converts.
I know a lot of people are lured out of the fold, but that has more to do with the sifting which is taking place. Some people think they're being called out (leave the church) in a good way, when it's not so. Actually, almost everyone who leaves does so thinking they're right.

There are a lot of Haun's who disregard the words of the prophets and thus put others who give a listening ear in grave danger.