"The Book of Enoch the Prophet 1883 London printing", help from this ancient grandfather of yours.♡

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "The Book of Enoch the Prophet 1883 London printing"

Post by Robert Sinclair »

"Who hath permitted you to hate?"

One of my favorite sayings of Enoch to ponder upon.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Doctrine and Covenants 107:57-------

"These things were all written in the book of Enoch, and are to be testified of in due time."

Yes, yes "in due time".♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

A good handbook of instruction for the "Saints of God", who Enoch is to come down with, from heaven, to the New Jerusalem. ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Release people from oppression, be not attached to lands with titles, gold and silver, which you could have distributed unto the poor, but refused, and did not.♡

Be a plant of rectitude and righteousness, and relieve everyone you can, from the oppression that exists here.

Be not shepherds to be judged and found to have blinded and destroyed your sheep, along with yourselves.

Enoch gives good advice for all, that he obtained, speaking face to face, with messengers from heaven.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

"Enoch wrote for his son Mathusala, and for those who should come after him, and preserve their purity of conduct in the-----

------latter days."

These are the "latter days", good to read what Enoch wrote.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Whosoever is enlightened by the Spirit, shall obtain benefit therefrom.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Ancient grandpa's book, whose heart is not turned to the ancient fathers?♡

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

I didn't have time to go through the whole thread, so I do apologize if this has already been posted, but for those who would like to read the Book of Enoch without purchasing it, it can be found here:

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/enoch.html

John Pratt has done some work trying to show that a calendar was revealed in the book by an angel of the Lord. Interesting stuff.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Came across something of interest today, as before I had posted that this book out of Ethiopia, had other interesting connections, like that one of the original Twelve Apostles, St Matthew was slain by sword in the city of Ethiopia, around 60 A.D.
And that it is written that Solomon's son from Queen Sheba, was given the "Ark Of The Covenant", where it was held in a church there to this day I had thought, from news reports.
But then today came across a story good enough to make a movie out of, that the Ark was stolen in a high tec operation in 2014----

http://www.worldnewsdailyreport.com/eth ... thorities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If true, this is a great story and mystery yet to be resolved, unless someone knows what happened and where it now is.

Interesting.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

"Whoso is enlightened by the Spirit shall obtain benefit therefrom."

See D&C 91:5

Good to become enlightened by the Spirit, and obtain benefit from "The Book of Enoch the Prophet". ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Why burn?

Learn, to never oppress, but to release the oppressed and set them free, by imparting of your own freewill.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Be not one of the Shepherds, in the Latter Days, that blind and destroy all your sheep.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Again for all who hate, Enoch has written a question for you his descendants----

"Who has permitted you to hate?"

Ask yourselves, wherein has Jesus Christ ever said to hate?

Good not to hate any soul created of God, but to fullfill the will of God, to love one another, and serve one another, undoing their heavy burdens, breaking the heavy yokes off their backs of poverty and sin, and setting these poor souls free from their oppression, even if they are your sworn enemy, blinded by the beast, who binds souls, and leads them away captive, who will not hearken unto Christ, and be like him, full of loving-kindness and charity towards all.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

There are twelve shepherds, and there are seventy shepherds, that destroy all the blind sheep in chapter LXXXIX, to whom the sheep are delivered up to.

Being judged, found guilty, the blind sheep, were thrust into a flaming abyss of fire on the earth, and burnt.

Good to get your own personal book reports, on "all" the words of Jesus Christ, on what to do, how to be, and what to know, blind to not one of these things he has said, and had written, for you to read, and come to know.♡

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

You've spoken a lot out of and about this book, but I have a question about it. More specifically, that it would be testified of.

In the Doctrine and Covenants, section 107, verse 57, it is stated that "These things were all written in the book of Enoch, and are to be testified of in due time." In italics I outline a portion of the verse that is significant to my understand; "these things" refers to what is said in preceding verses of this section. Does this book bearing the title "Book of Enoch" actually bear these same sayings, or at least the same information?

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

There is that which has been translated thus far, but this text which lies at the Bodleian Library at Oxford, I feel, has not completely been translated as yet.

For when I bought my first copy, which has gold lettering on the book cover in the language of the Ethiopic people, and I walked out onto the street across from the Los Angeles temple, a black man on the street, saw my book cover, and asked me where did I get this book? As it has my language of my people, I am from Ethopia. And I was surprized but excited to see him, and asked him could he please read what the words on the cover said? He told the story of a man plowing with his oxen, and seeing some starving people, had pity, and slew his oxen and fed the people. I never came across this story in the book but learned the Scottish explorer James Bruce, back in 1773 had a collection of texts, still laying in the library, that had been aquired from him, but possibly not all translated into english as yet. Most interesting if someone in that area near that library can go and see, if this is a possibility, that there still lies there much yet to be translated into English.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Come to know what God told Enoch of the latter days, of shepherds and blind sheep, and be not one of them, become plants of righteousness and rectitude, producing fruit, equal and as one, blessed saints of the Most High God.♡

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

How are you actually doing this, Robert? In practical terms, please. I'm very interested how you think we could all get started.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Get the heads, the old men, the husbandmen, and the vinedressers, to awaken, and come to understanding that equal in your temporal things, and this not grudgingly, is the law unto all the members of the church of the living God, and that none are exempt, no, not one, from having all things common, for land and homes, food and raiment. For no true prophet or apostles of Jesus Christ, can deny these things.

The Beast has been given power, over even the saints, to blind and bind, and carry away captive, through ignorance of the law of God, as it is written.

This power of ignorance, is, but becomes as not, and is not, when the truth is brought to light and ignorance of the law has vanished, but still remains for all who will not simply cast their eyes to see, and to come to understanding and live.

There are types and shadows, given, even as simple as Moses taking the serpent upon a pole, and asking the children of Israel to look and live, and as many as did simply look, did live, and as many who did not, did perish.

Labor with all your heart, and mind, and soul, to get people, to look upon this law of God, to be equal in their temporal things, and this not grudgingly, that they might see, and come to understanding, and atone, and live.♡

Getting the heads of Ephraim to finally fullfill Hosea 14:8 and Joel 1:11 is the current quest and goal, to seek, "Bless us all dear Father in heaven, to assist is this, bringing these things to light, is a prayer for us all, in the holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen."♡

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

Thank you Robert. I read it last night until 2am. Very enlightening. I will read it again. Much of it lines up with scripture we have.

Thank you.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

I found the description of Lamech and then Mathuselah's feelings and fear facinating when Noah was born. It seems Noah was a very different kinda guy from birth. Who knew? I would have been afraid had I birthed a baby that did not resemble me or my husband.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

So Noah was no ordinary man.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Agreed.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Every latter day saint member, should have a copy of this book, from their ancient grandfather Enoch, who wrote good counsel for his distant descendants to have, to keep them safe, in these times.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Who writes like Enoch, who sees like he sees?♡