"The Book of Enoch the Prophet 1883 London printing", help from this ancient grandfather of yours.♡

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "The Book of Enoch the Prophet 1883 London printing"

Post by Robert Sinclair »

In The Book of Enoch the Prophet the last shepherds destroy all the blind sheep as well as themselves.

Look, awaken and live. ♡

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Here is some insight as to who those shepherds are, reading from 46:5-46:7. I think you will see the correlation between the words of Enoch:

http://summascriptura.com/html/Enoch_1_RL.html#46:5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enoch's vision of the punishment of man:
46:5 He shall hurl kings from their thrones and their dominions; because they will not exalt and praise him, nor humble themselves before him, by whom their kingdoms were granted to them.
46:6 The countenance likewise of the mighty shall He cast down, filling them with confusion. Darkness shall be their habitation, and worms shall be their bed; nor from that their bed shall they hope to be again raised, because they exalted not the name of the Lord of spirits.
46:7 They shall condemn the stars of heaven, shall lift up their hands against the Most High, shall tread upon and inhabit the earth, exhibiting all their acts of iniquity, even their works of iniquity. Their strength shall be in their riches, and their faith in the gods whom they have formed with their own hands. They shall deny the name of the Lord of spirits,
46:8 and shall expel him from the temples, in which they assemble; And with him the faithful, who suffer in the name of the Lord of spirits.
Compare to the seventy shepherds spoken of in Enoch's visionary dream:
90:22 resembled that of horses; the first star, which fell down first; and they brought them all before him. And he spoke to the man who wrote in his presence, who was one of the seven white ones, saying, Take those seventy shepherds, to whom I delivered up the sheep, and who receiving them killed more of them
90:23 than I commanded. Behold, I saw them all bound, and standing before him.
90:24 First came on the trial of the stars, which, being judged, and found guilty, went to the place of punishment. They thrust them into a place, deep, and full of flaming fire, and full
90:25 of pillars of fire. Then the seventy shepherds were judged, and being found guilty, were thrust
90:26 into the flaming abyss
. At that time likewise I perceived, that one abyss was thus opened in the midst of the earth, which was full of fire. And to this were brought the blind sheep; which being judged, and found guilty, were all
90:27 thrust into that abyss of fire on the earth, and burnt. The abyss was on the right of that house. And I saw the sheep burning, and their bones consuming.
90:28 I stood beholding him immerge that ancient house, while they brought out its pillars, every plant in it, and the ivory infolding it. They brought it out, and deposited
90:29 it in a place on the right side of the earth. I also saw, that the Lord of the sheep produced a new house, great, and loftier than the former, which he bound by the former circular spot. All its pillars were new, and its ivory new, as well as more abundant than the former ancient ivory, which he had brought out.
It appears that those shepherds are kings/leaders of lands and people; they are of worldly kingdoms of the stars. They are those that are the powers that be who trust in money.

Even a better translation of the Book of Enoch, which I recommend:

https://www.scribd.com/book/237794705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chapter 15: 9 And he answered me and said to me, “This is the Son of Man, to whom belongs righteousness, and with whom righteousness dwells. And He will open all the hidden storerooms; for the Lord of the Spirits has chosen Him, and He is destined to be victorious before the Lord of the Spirits in eternal uprightness.
10 This Son of Man whom you have seen is the One who would remove the kings and the mighty ones from their comfortable couches and the strong one from their thrones. He shall loosen the reins of the strong and crush the teeth of the sinners.
11 He shall push off the kings from their thrones and kingdoms. For they do not extol and glorify Him, and neither do they obey Him, the source of their kingship.
12 The faces of the strong will be slapped and be filled with shame and gloom. Their dwelling places will be darkness and their beds will be worms. They shall have no hope to rise from their beds, for they do not extol the name of the Lord of the Spirits.
13 And they have become the judges of the stars of heaven; they raise their hands to the Most High while walking upon the earth and dwelling in her. They manifest all their deeds in oppression; all their deeds are oppression. Their power depends upon their wealth, and their devotion is to the gods which they have fashioned with their own hands. But they deny the name of the Lord of the Spirits.
14 They persecute the houses of His congregation and the faithful who cling to the Lord of the Spirits.
Also:
Chapter 18: 62 Because we have formerly neither had faith nor glorified the name of the Lord of the Spirits and King, nor glorified the Lord in all His creation. We had put our hopes upon the scepters of our kingdoms and our glory.
63 On the day of our hardship and our tribulation He is not saving us; and we have no chance to believe. For our Lord is faithful in all His works, His judgments, and His righteousness; and His judgments has no respect of persons.
64 We will depart from before His face on account of our deeds; and all our sins are consumed by righteousness.
65 Furthermore, at that time, they shall say, “Our souls are satiated with sinful money and could not prevent us from being cast into the flames of the burden of Sheol.’
66 After that, their faces shall be filled with shame and darkness before that Son of Man; and from before His face they shall be driven out. And the sword shall abide in their midst, before His face.
67 Thus says the Lord of the Spirits, ‘This is the ordinance and the judgment, before the Lord of the Spirits, for governors, kings, exalted ones, and those who hold the land.’
68 Then I saw in that place other mysterious faces. And I heard the voice of an angel, saying, ‘These are the angels who have descended upon the earth, and revealed what was hidden to the children of the people, and led the children of the people astray to commit sin.’
The message is the same, though. Flee from Babylon.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Those who hold money and land, which all is God's, away from the poor and needy, are those who refuse to obey God who has said to impart these things unto the poor as if they were the Lamb of God himself.

You cannot lie to God.

Your are either equal in your temporal things, in land and homes, food and raiment, all things common among you or you are not.

Any high school child could tell you if you as a church and people are equal in your temporal things with no poor among you, being lead by leaders who have set up this standard and lived it themselves.

Truth, it is not all that hard to see and understand.

Shepherds who do not lead their people to be equal in their temporal things, blind themselves and their sheep, and become as salt without savor, good for nothing but to be cast out of the presence of God.

Good to awaken to the Spirit of truth.♡

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Since this thread was about the Book of Enoch and your interpretation of the shepherds, I thought I would see what Enoch's interpretation was. I thought that's what you were trying to do.

In any case, I don't think the leaders are holding us back. I believe God will lead us to do what is right, and living the true spirit of the law of the tithe will point us in the right direction. If you feel to blame the brethren of the Church, that's fine. I think the duty devolves upon us for living higher laws. The mysteries of the Kingdom are in the scriptures along with the understanding from the Spirit. Plain to understand. I would not blame others, but rather encourage others to live higher standards.

Some blame Obama in his presidency, but we as a people elected him. Maybe if the people of the Church start to awake and arise, the leaders of the Church will receive the inspiration to move forward. It is still Christ's Church. Maybe if we took the Book of Mormon seriously, we would not be under condemnation. Maybe we get what we deserve, what point is there to blame the leaders when it's our own fault? I will not raise my daughter to blame others. Let God be the judge. That's who Enoch says will judge us and our leaders anyways.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Like Lorenzo Snow said, “Now, I do not say, when we come back again to our subject, the principles of the United Order, that this might be our position with reference to our obedience to it. But I would say this, however, that if these principles of the United Order were so important in former days, and the Lord by some thirteen revelations or more, has made them manifest to his Saints, and the results of disobedience were such as we see, why should we not consider them of some importance at the present time? And would the Lord find fault with the people, if the Latter-day Saints would strive with all their hearts to conform to them? And would we not feel ourselves better prepared to go back and build up Jackson County, the Center Stake of Zion? Would we expect to go back unless we complied with the law in all things, and in consequence of disobedience to which, the people were expelled from that country?”

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

There are shepherds destroying themselves and the blind sheep, and I try to balance that with the words of the LORD to sound the alarm in the books of Isaiah and Joel about types and shadows of these things. There is nothing to blame. Only a work to do. You can either sound the alarm or not. Or you can join the shepherds or the sheep feeling all is well.

Truth, equal or not equal, you decide what is truth.

Who is saved and who is not in the celestial kingdom, what are the differences between the telestial stars and the blind sheep.

Things made by human hands are buildings, things made equal by imparting land and homes food and raiment called the tabernacles of flesh are people.

Where to use conscecrated wealth, man made objects, or on people to see that they are not oppressed.

Simple judgements to make, required of God.

Men say temples first, God says people first, with tithes and offerings.

Judgement calls to make as to the weightier matters of his law.

If you see his law not being followed you are responsible to sound the alarm.

Choices to make.♡

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Robert, I think you are misunderstanding what I and Lorenzo Snow are saying. I'm getting concerned that you are on your own agenda. Lorenzo Snow is saying to live these higher laws is better. The leaders will not hold us back. I'm not saying to not raise the alarm. If you feel to do so, I won't stop you. I'm with you, and apparently Lorenzo Snow as well, to live this order.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Yes, I have read Lorenzo Snow's lamentations over not living the United Order.

I just feel there is a work to be done awakening the House of Ephraim, and that at some point they begin to actually awaken as is written in the book of Joel and give ear.

I hope you wish to help with this as well, as others.

This to help and not hurt the House of Ephraim and it's invited guests. That they can help others once they set their own house in order first. ♡

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand; (Old Testament, Joel, Joel 2)

Yes, there is a work to be done. I use the FaceBook platform and am trying to raise my voice with you.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

May good come from this.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Shepherds, destroy yourselves and blind sheep no more.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Wisdom of the fathers, a good thing to seek.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

The shepherds continue on to destroy the blind sheep and themselves, and especially the last ones more even than before. This has always troubled me along with Hosea's writings of Ephraim's leaders, whom the LORD will go and return unto his own place, until they acknowledge their offence, that they themselves have walked away from his law, and Micah's writings that their will be "no" answer of God because of the perversion of equity, which continues on till this very day. The blind sheep and shepherds thinking all is ok, when because they are not equal and as one, they are as salt without savor, about to be judged, found guilty of this, and cast and thrust into the abyss.

I like not being blind, so I search for the truth, and the truth is that the LORD has hid his face from these leaders and their is "no" testiomony of meeting with Jesus Christ face to face, whatsoever, and any of these leaders returning to give testimony and witness that they have spoken with Jesus Christ face to face since Joseph Smith, and returned to repeat the words from his mouth, word for word faithfully.

Now blind sheep and shepherds this does not bother becase they are blind and see this not.

But I would that those of you who wish not to be blind search these things out, and see if these things written are true.

And "if" you can see that they are, and that the vineyard has become corrupt and lofty, and perverted of all equity, none seeking to establish all things common among them, that you weep and howl, and sound the alarm as the LORD has said to do about these things.

Remember it is written that these people love to have it so, being blind, so they may attack you, and seek to rend you, should you seek to open their eyes, but continue on, as the LORD has said that "perhaps", and "if", they finally give ear and consider these things, they may consider and give ear, and finally hear and open their eyes as well, be ashamed, acknowledge the offence, and seek to atone for these things.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Turn your hearts unto this ancient grandfather, and learn wisdom and understanding, and of rectitude and integrity.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

An excellent book to obtain and read from the heart of your ancient grandfather Enoch, written to you.♡

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Hi Robert Sinclair! :)

Thank you for sounding the alarm. Thank you for your example. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

You may want to be aware that Richard Laurence made his first translation in 1821. From what I have been able to gather the 1883 is a corrected edition.

Sources:
http://www.wizardsbookshelf.com/enoch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.futurerevealed.com/enoch/enochintro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://enoksbok.se/cgi-bin/slaupp.cgi?B ... |enoch1821|" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Finrock

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Again, if Joseph Smith testified of this book soon coming out in D&C 107:57 in 1835, and this book came out in English print out of London, soon thereafter in 1883, which became well known after that, I would think every single LDS person would want to read this ancient grandfathers words of wisdom for us.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

A great book about shepherds and sheep one should read, to see what Enoch saw.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Shepherds destroying blind sheep and themselves, never knowing that which they do, all the shepherds, yes not even one, of the final twelve and seventy are spared neither their blind sheep. Who are these that destroy all the blind sheep and themselves, never knowing, never showing they are able to see what is going on?

Enoch and his vision of the latter days is quite sad, and leads one to wonder, who but the few, can be saved?

Such a powerful and frightning book for anyone to read, that knows and understands what Enoch is saying shall happen at a time of seventy and twelve last shepherds.

Why the numbers twelve and seventy?

Why not six and sixteen, then I would not worry so much.

But such the book has been written of latter day shepherds and sheep.

Who among the twelve today, would like to canonize this book saying the things written herein are true?

O that the great and wonderful gift of "if" given of the eternal Father in heaven to Jesus Christ to give to us, in 3rd Nephi 16:10-15, can be used to change this fate "if" what I understand is true. ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

One of your own personal ancient grandfathers to have seen your day and written to you.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

This is a must read for every Latter Day Saint.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Shepherds and blind sheep of the "latter days", who are the twelve and seventy shepherds, and blind sheep, of The Book of Enoch the Prophet, that are both judged, found guilty, and thrust into the fiery abyss?

What have they done?

Good to search dilligently, the words of this ancient grandfather of yours, that has written especially to you of the "latter days".♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

There are more books than one out attributed to Enoch, and there is one more I have marked up a bit and enjoy very much and that is one found on fragments in Russia, called "The Book Of The Secrets Of Enoch", and there is a passage he writes that I enjoyed:

"God demands pure hearts, and with all that only tests the heart of man."

(See chapter XLV verse 3.)

Many of Enoch's writings, mirror the teachings of Jesus inasmuch as he was instructed of him and his angels.

You might enjoy discussing his books with him, when you meet with him in the New Jerusalem.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Who are these last shepherds that destroy all the blind sheep along with themselves? Time will tell.

Good to not destroy blind sheep nor be blind yourself.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

For any member of the church merrily going along with the flow of things, not interested in this book because the leaders have shown no interest, this is troubling.

For on March 28, 1835 Joseph Smith records a revelation called Section 107 wherein verse 57 he tells-----

"These things were all written in the book of Enoch, and are to be testified of in due time."

And although the translation of The Book of Enoch the Prophet was in the process of translation by Archbishop Richard Laurence of Cashel in 1821, the main revised translation was not put out for mass production until 1883 of London of the Kegan Paul, Trench & Co., 1, Paternoster Square.

No other major printing of any book of Enoch was or has been done, so soon after Joseph Smith uttered these words recorded in Doctrine and Covenants Section 107 that I have seen or found, and it has been around 180 years since Joseph Smith spoke those words.

So if not this "The Book of Enoch the Prophet", are we still to look for another?

And I do not think this text held in the Bodleian Library has been completely translated, as my book which has Ethopian text on the cover, and I had a man from Ethopia, stop me, as I was leaving the LDS bookstore across from the Los Angeles temple. And he spoke with me and wanted to know about the book that was in my hands that had his launguage on it's cover. And I had asked him to read me what it said, and I never did come across that story inside the book.

Strange happenings, that led me to think there is still more of this text to be translated and put into print.

Anyways food for thought if not this book then should we be looking yet for another?

And if this is the book that Joseph Smith spoke of, should not every single Latter Day Saint read this book?

Things to ponder upon for sure.♡