Kamal Saleem and more children of Ishmael being redeemed

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Kamal Saleem and more children of Ishmael being redeemed

Post by marc »

These are my thoughts on his experience, which I do believe:
In this video, Kamal tells us that he was on a "cultural jihad." He describes his mission and his dedication to prove to his god by going to the most Christian part of the states to do his work. Because of the love, which was displayed by those who "took care of him," he experienced a great tender mercy and a mighty change of heart. I can't help but wonder what his experiences and fate might have been had he come to the Mormon corridor, say Salt Lake City or Provo rather than the evangelical Bible belt. But that is all besides the point.

Something I pondered--Kamal was true and faithful in his mission. I can't help but wonder how my own diligence in my faith stacks up against his before his theophany. After having been shown such compassion and love by Christians and Jews, he "[fell] on his knees" and he "raised his hands to heaven" and "cried out to [his] god." I tend to believe that this is his traditional mode of praying. Traditionally, we Mormons kneel, fold our arms and bow our heads and pray silently in personal prayer. I am not implying that anything is wrong with this. But how often in our personal prayers do we raise our hands to heaven and cry out to the Lord? Adam did this before an altar. And we experience it every time we serve in the temple. But for this man, it seems typical.

There are so many examples in scripture regarding "crying unto the Lord." Over 200 actually: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/search?l ... o+the+lord" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One example:
8 Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save.

19 Yea, humble yourselves, and continue in prayer unto him.

20 Cry unto him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks.

21 Cry unto him in your houses, yea, over all your household, both morning, mid-day, and evening.

22 Yea, cry unto him against the power of your enemies.

23 Yea, cry unto him against the devil, who is an enemy to all righteousness.

24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them.

25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

26 But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.
We read of many in the Book of Mormon alone, the prime example being Enos. Then when Kamal is about to end his life, after doing all he knows how to do, a voice calls him by name (for those who have ears to hear, this is typical) and does so three times. This is also typical in scripture. In any case, one thing I have learned about reading Isaiah is the fact that the Lord exalts those who abase themselves and abases those who exalt themselves.

Kamal had hit rock bottom in his faith. When one's heart is right and hits rock bottom, that rock becomes Christ, who is the Rock of our salvation. I have learned from the anecdotes that I have studied that the Lord not only comes to those who lack wisdom, but does so when they are in need of the only kind of comfort that our Savior can give and why He declared that He would not leave [us] comfortless. He is the Second Comforter. I am not implying that Kamal was at this point sealed up to eternal life, etc per D&C 93:1, D&C 76, etc. Again, these are just my observations of patterns.

When Kamal heard to call upon the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, he did so (watch at 5:50) "with every fiber" and parted the veil. Yahweh's glory filled the room. Kamal describes the event and points to his wrists as he describes the Savior, who tells him to "rise up." He tells Kamal "koome." According to Kamal, koome is an Aramaic word from the Old Testament, which means "arise!" -- http://koomeministries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is his mission to see "Ishmael redeemed." And what a great day it will be when Ishmael and Jacob/Israel see eye to eye.
Last edited by Durzan on March 4th, 2018, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trying to fix the problem.

Dannyk
captain of 100

Re: Kamal Saleem

Post by Dannyk »

Thanks coachmarc, I was looking forward to your observations when you posted them on the other thread. Some mirrored my own observations after watching, but I was grateful to read things I had not considered and yet ring very true to me. Thanks for sharing!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Gotta love the eye to eye of God's children seeing one another and loving one another as such. :)

Brings peace on earth and goodwill one towards another. :)

icarus
captain of 10

Post by icarus »

Thanks also...

This was helpful in my own journey.

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

Marc, I love this video. I wish the title was different but oh well. Truly, God remembers ALL His children.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

How about:

A Muslim parts the veil

or

A Muslim sees Jesus Christ

Except he is now a Christian.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Kamal Saleem and more children of Ishmael being redeemed

Post by marc »

Another muslim is converted to Christ-by Christ.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

We are seeing the fulfillment of Joel 2:28 in the Muslim world...

adventeon
captain of 10

Post by adventeon »

coachmarc wrote:Something I pondered--Kamal was true and faithful in his mission. I can't help but wonder how my own diligence in my faith stacks up against his before his theophany. After having been shown such compassion and love by Christians and Jews, he "[fell] on his knees" and he "raised his hands to heaven" and "cried out to [his] god." I tend to believe that this is his traditional mode of praying. Traditionally, we Mormons kneel, fold our arms and bow our heads and pray silently in personal prayer. I am not implying that anything is wrong with this. But how often in our personal prayers do we raise our hands to heaven and cry out to the Lord? Adam did this before an altar. And we experience it every time we serve in the temple. But for this man, it seems typical.
Another muslim is converted to Christ-by Christ.
Thank you for sharing these, coachmarc. Seeing the experience and testimony of these men was so deeply moving to me. What powerful examples of mighty prayer and crying to the Lord and being received by Him.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

You're welcome. There are more. More Muslims and Jews are experiencing visions and visitations. Rob, aka Mormon Rabbi has shared information with me concerning Messianic Jews and the testimonies in this thread and online are evidence enough that prophecies are being fulfilled. These are strange and wonderful times! :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BUMP. Now more than ever, we must pray for our enemies and for those who would persecute us.
If actions truly do speak louder than words, then in the current debate about refugees, the LDS Church comes down squarely on the side of helping those fleeing their war-torn homelands.
http://www.sltrib.com/home/3227474-155/ ... cores-need" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

That Afshin Javid guy sounds controversial. The people he worked very closely with in his Christian ministry are accusing him of child molestation, among other things. http://arieladinamoorebranded.blogspot. ... unked.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got no dog in this race either way, just putting this out there. But somebody's lying, either way.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

h_p wrote:That Afshin Javid guy sounds controversial. The people he worked very closely with in his Christian ministry are accusing him of child molestation, among other things. http://arieladinamoorebranded.blogspot. ... unked.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got no dog in this race either way, just putting this out there. But somebody's lying, either way.
Joseph Smith was accused of horrible things, too. Somebody is always lying.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

marc wrote:Joseph Smith was accused of horrible things, too. Somebody is always lying.
Agreed. I honestly hope he was truthful about his experience. But after reading the very detailed, extensive account of his fellow minister, I have to conclude that something very very wrong happened, either by him, or by the many people who were in very close trust with him.

I don't mean to derail the thread here, though. I'm not insinuating a broader accusation against any of the other people you mentioned. Just wanted to give people a heads-up so they can be informed.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Hope is good.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Mormons and Muslims building bridges of understanding: http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/mormons ... rstanding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

According to a number of online sources, Kamal Saleem is a fraud.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

So are you guys afraid that he is right or that he is wrong? Or in other words, are you afraid that these converts are frauds or are you afraid that they are authentic? What is your root motivation?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Only speaking for myself, but I'm afraid of neither. I'm only interested in the truth. All these incidents, if true, are very exciting, and I have no doubt that God and his angels are working to prepare non-Christians for acceptance of the gospel. I think only a mighty miracle is going to free the minds of the Muslim population, so it only makes sense.

In the case of Afshin, I was extremely moved by his story and wanted to know more: what he'd been doing since his conversion, any more details on his account, etc. A little searching on the internet turned up the controversies I mentioned. My first assumption was that the accusations were motivated by the same mindset that motivated Joseph Smith's persecutors. But after reading the very detailed accusations against him, it made me wonder. He was fired from his ministry, so it's not just careless internet accusations.

But like I said, I'm not emotionally invested enough in his story to take sides one way or the other, but I'm not going to simply believe everybody who claims they've seen the Savior.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

LDS church in Australia hosts interfaith tour. Muslims welcome to pray.

https://www.facebook.com/alikadribrisba ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Other inspiring stories, which make me realize how easy my life is.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

And another:

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Please be careful pointing out muslim conversions. We had discussions about this on the mission. It can get them hurt or killed because of a culture that believes its better to do an honor killing from a family member than let them be led astray.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

[quote=marc post_id=797754 time=1501899119 user_id=3341]
And another:

[youtube]o8zPnNxl3kk[/youtube]
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing. Very cool! From this video comes the question to my soul what stands in the way in my life that I have tethered my self to that prevents me from being yoked to Christ as I should... ?
Last edited by Durzan on March 4th, 2018, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.