The Cult of the Firstborn

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Re: The Cult of the Firstborn

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2014, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Original_Intent wrote:
Jules wrote:
Either way, I don't think ANYONE here intended on doing any harm, and Ajax's suggestion does not constitute proof of anything - as I said via PM. Jeremy provokes me all the time. I just call his wife and tell her to spit in his dinner again..... :ymdevil:
He likes when she does that. #fetish
This is disgusting! You two should be ashamed.
[examining chili - wondering if she does more than spit]

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Jeremy wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:
Jules wrote:
Either way, I don't think ANYONE here intended on doing any harm, and Ajax's suggestion does not constitute proof of anything - as I said via PM. Jeremy provokes me all the time. I just call his wife and tell her to spit in his dinner again..... :ymdevil:
He likes when she does that. #fetish
This is disgusting! You two should be ashamed.
[examining chili - wondering if she does more than spit]
You seemed to LOVE the last few batches she made.....no matter WHAT was in them ;)
:ymsick:

Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Post by Hyrcanus »

Every internet forum has a tendency to evolve certain groupthink/clique/cult tendencies, it is actually pretty hard to avoid in any group of like minded humans. I dislike the term cult, it is almost always used as a pejorative term that as defined could fit any group believers you want to attack.

I don't think anyone would argue that those that challenge Denver Snuffer tend to get shouted down here. It's always a shame when things aren't more civil, but there are dozens of mainstream LDS forums where Denver's fans wouldn't stand any more of a chance.

In any case, this stuff comes in waves. If you look back just in this forum since it has been around, you'll find at least 4 or 5 of these sorts of groups around various topics, they fade away over time and something new comes along and becomes the new topic of infatuation. That's certainly been true of the Church as a whole. Every decade or so you get a new/old topic that catches everyone's interest, a few small splinters break off and the pattern repeats itself. The Church itself started and still largely operates as a "cult" style splinter group that loudly defends itself any time it is attacked.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

EdGoble wrote:Am I your brother?
Ed is a male name, correct?
EdGoble wrote:If I was in your ward and you knew me personally, would you treat me this way?
Ed, if I was in your ward we would most likely never speak to each other. If I cant tell a joke or express my #-o without fearing being shot or slain, I would avoid you with much effort and energy. Nevertheless, you would still be a brother... just a very defensive, bitter one.
EdGoble wrote:I think you do not think of me truly as a brother, but someone that you think you can taunt. I am a son of God with dignity that defends my good name. Stay away from me.
8-| Your a brother. Get over it. I know - it sucks. Who wants to be associated with this [points at self]? As I mentioned before...relax. Please. That is not a demand. That is a suggestion. I think it would be good for your health.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

This thread is killing my post/thanks ratio. :(

;)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Jeremy wrote: If I cant tell a joke or express my #-o without fearing being shot or slain, I would avoid you with much effort and energy.
How come you don't fear me?? I shoot and slay you all the time?? :(
Jeremy wrote:Who wants to be associated with this [points at self]? As I mentioned before...relax. Please. That is not a demand. That is a suggestion. I think it would be good for your health.
:-ss l-) :-$

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Jeremy wrote:
coachmarc wrote:None of us on this forum have claimed membership, though we have discussed this often.
I have claimed membership, though I have not claimed to be the church. I have an association. This association manifests in varying degrees as one progresses. It is not a mantel but a fellowship.

Sorry for the confusion Marc.
And I lay claim to the fact that I am acquainted with and or friends with some of these members of The Cofthe1stBorn, and am also actively pursuing a full fledged membership of the said Church by He who runs it, being He whom was crucified and lives today, Christ Jesus.

njb

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Easy on Eddie folks, I think he not only could slay dragons w his bare hands, could squash us like little bugs in real life, I also think he's a Karate Man too.

Check out Eddie Murphy's immortal tutorial on Karate-Men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvKIubY6OY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back
away
from
your
monitors
slooowly..

njb
Last edited by notjamesbond003.5 on July 9th, 2014, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaredAlmond
The Gutter

Post by JaredAlmond »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Easy on Eddie folks, I think he not only could slay dragons w his bare hands, could squash us like little bugs in real life, I also think he's a Karate Man too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvKIubY6OY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back
away
from
your
monitors
slooowly..

njb

I vote NJB as cult leader!

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

JaredAlmond wrote:I vote NJB as cult leader!
Choose ye this day whom you will follow, but for me, I will follow nbj.
;)

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Fellas,

I would implore you to click on the link as edification in finding your inner "Karate-Man".

njb

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

The Deceivers and the Deceived:

I was talking with an LDS friend about this subject. The person opened my eyes to a few things that I had never been able to see before. I noticed that the person is right because it conforms with what I have observed online; and, the Spirit told me that the person is right.

Whenever Gospel Subjects are being discussed online or in person, there are three types of people that you will encounter.

The first type of person that you can encounter is the Seer. This person has seen Heaven and the Spirit World and knows exactly what's going on there. This person has seen the mind and the will of God, and thus this person sees things the way that God sees them. This person has a sure knowledge of the Truth. I see and experience some of that in the writings and revelations of Joseph Smith. There are also occasional times when I encounter the writings or sermons of LDS Apostles and some of the Seventy who seem to have been given a peek behind the Curtain and know how things really are in Heaven and how things really work in Heaven. Some of them seem to know the mind of God and God's will concerning a wide variety of subjects. They have Seen.

The next group that you can encounter are the deceived. The baptized Latter-day Saints, many of the LDS Apostates, the atheists, the agnostics, and the non-LDS typically fit into this category.

The deceived can be like Saul, who truly and sincerely believed that he was doing God's work by killing the Christians. Saul believed that he was serving God whenever he killed a Christian. There are many people out there in the world who truly believe that they are serving God and doing God's work whenever they try to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are good sincere people doing what they believe God wants them to do.

There is another group of the deceived that I like to call the “rank and file” Latter-day Saints. These are people like me. Throughout our lives we have periodically been taught false doctrines and false ideas, and have come to believe that they are true. Thus, we will go online and sincerely preach lies and false doctrines all the while believing that they are true, because we don't know any better. When someone tells me that I have lied or that I need to retract some lie, I have no idea what they are talking about, because I can't see where I was lying. I'm just telling people what I have been taught and what I believe to be true. I can't see the falsehood unless somebody kindly points it out to me.

The non-LDS, the Atheists, the Agnostics, and so forth are another group of the deceived.

I have noticed that most people on LDS Freedom Forum fit within the classification of the deceived. We are each going along doing the best we can, telling it as we see it, and getting it wrong some of the time. We are the blind leading the blind, because NONE of us are Seers. But, since I have gotten the sense that there are NO Seers participating on LDS Freedom Forum, nobody who really knows God's mind and nobody who really knows how things are there in Heaven, I have been instructed to patiently allow people to make their mistakes and try to correct them where appropriate in a kinder and more pleasing manner than I have been doing.

There's a third group that we can encounter, and that's the deceivers. These people know the truth and they know the true doctrines of Christ, yet they deliberately choose to spread lies, false Doctrines, and falsehoods instead. They have chosen Satan as their god instead of Jesus Christ; yet, they will pretend to be servants of Christ and Prophets of Christ all the while mixing lies and false interpretations into the LDS Scriptures while quoting the LDS Scriptures. These people are the anti-Christs. They take the truth and twist it to serve their agenda; and, their agenda is typically to lead people away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I have periodically been asked why I chose to participate on LDS Freedom Forum. I have noticed that LDS Freedom forum is packed with disgruntled Latter-day Saints, deceived Latter-day Saints, Control Freaks, People Looking for a Friend, uneducated Latter-day Saints, LDS converts, LDS Apostates, Agnostics, Repentant Sinners, non-LDS scholars, unhappy people, confused people, depressed people, excitable people, sincere people, and people looking for a better way. These people are like me. I am them, and they are me. I have been where some of them are. I have been in hell, and I want to try to help them to get out of hell if I can.

I also want to try to help them to avoid the deceivers, because I would have been in a heck of a mess if I had started to take instruction from deceivers instead of the active Latter-day Saints, during my withdrawal from drugs and my recovery and reactivation. At the time, I was extremely vulnerable to deception, because I hadn't yet found my current group of LDS friends whom I have learned to trust. You don't want to fall into the hands of a deceiver while you are trying to find God. Falling into the hands of the deceived who are sincerely trying to help you will serve you fine enough; but, falling into the hands of a deceiver will bring you a whole new round of hell.

While I was going through the recovery process, I prayed and asked God who I could go to in order to get instruction from God and not be led astray. The names of a few Latter-day Saints in the ward repeatedly came to mind, one in particular. It has now been confirmed dozens of times that I had indeed received a revelation from God. I was told where to go to get the lessons and the instruction that I needed and desired from God.

Some people have asked me why I write such long posts. I learn by writing. I often receive revelations and insights from God while writing. That's just the way it works for me. So, when I write and post, I want it to be something that has some substance or meat to it. Therefore, my posts are not short. If I pick a topic to discuss, I like to cover it in full, if possible. I like to write whatever God is willing to give me to write.

I can also testify that it is infinitely more effective to discuss the Gospel in person face-to-face than it is do to it online. Where two or more people are gathered together in person in Christ's Name, the Spirit can actually be there to testify whenever truth is being spoken. You usually can't get that kind of thing online through the written word, because many of the people online are not gathered there in Christ's Name. They have their own agenda instead.

I can also testify that it has been extremely helpful to attend the LDS Church on Sundays, especially after having not done so for over a decade.

My message is to look to the LDS Prophet, the LDS Apostles, and the LDS General Authorities for the Gospel Knowledge that you seek. My message is to find some active Latter-day Saint in your ward that you can learn to trust and actually learn from. Some of them are Prophets and Seers and Revelators. It might be possible to find a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator in your own ward. My message is not to let anyone lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

and the 4th group is:

The
Karate
Men.

njb

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

EdGoble wrote:
ajax wrote: Could be completely off on this, but DragonSlayer / EdGoble comes to mind as well. Anybody remember the "Cult of the Second Comforter" thread?

Keep my name out of this Ajax.

Ed Goble
My bad Ed. Just a shot in the dark. No hard feelings. Friends?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Bagley, when your words are plain and genuine as Nephi's were (who gloried in plainness), I enjoy and appreciate reading them. I, for one, am glad you're still hanging around all us crazies. Love you, brother.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Darwin wrote:After I posted my message...
Darwin wrote:Now that I have delivered my message...
Darwin wrote:That is my message.
Darwin wrote:My message in this thread is...
Darwin wrote:My other message is...
Darwin wrote:The best I can do is just try to deliver my message and move on...
Darwin wrote:This scripture means that Jeremy is mocking me, and is only looking at the letter of my message while completely ignoring the spirit of my message.
Darwin wrote:As my message and examples stated...
Darwin wrote:My message is that Jesus Christ is at the helm of the LDS Church...
Ah, finally your message include mention of Jesus Christ. :ymhug:
Darwin wrote:My message is to look to the LDS Prophet, the LDS Apostles, and the LDS General Authorities for the Gospel Knowledge that you seek.
#-o
Darwin wrote:My message is to find some active Latter-day Saint in your ward that you can learn to trust and actually learn from.
Darwin wrote:My message is not to let anyone lead you away from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
:|

The god of heaven is approachable. The god of heaven is love. The god of heaven desires to bestow blessings upon you. The god of heaven desires you be ONE. Through Christ the gulf is overcome. Through the Holy Ghost the truth of all things may be known. If you lack wisdom, turn to the one who is mighty to save. He upbraideth not and giveth liberally. He provides a way for stained garments to be white as snow and offers promise of exaltation. Believe him and deny not the power of God. These things are within reach if only we are willing to let go of that which causes our unbelief, whatever that may be.

Come to Christ. Believe in Christ... believe Christ.

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

TannerG wrote:I have this weird thing that I love when people are gutsy, even if it is against me. For example, I love when I'm crossing the street and a car cuts me off. I don't know why it makes me happy. I just love to see people be bold. Maybe I'm psychotic. Who knows.

Anyway, you (BagleyDarwin) bring out that reaction in me. I don't necessarily agree with what you say, but your bold, critical style makes me giddy. Yeah, I'm definitely crazy.

Anyway, I hope people will have patience with you BagleyDarwin, and you with them. Everyone is at a different point in their spiritual progression. We need to respect each other's right to seek truth the way that we feel is pleasing to God. As always, let us be charitable and understanding to those whose lives and perspectives are much different than our own.

Love and blessings
Well, that's definitely a first. I have NEVER been told that my writings or writing style makes anyone giddy. The response I generally get in public is to shut up and go away, if they bother to respond at all.

I write in an attempt to get everything straight in my head. I learn best by trying to describe things to other people. Sometimes it surprises me to discover that anyone has read anything that I have written. I always assumed that only a handful of people on this planet would ever read anything I wrote.

Yes, TannerG, that is the exact 'revelation' and instruction that came to me over the past week, that I must learn to be more patient with others.

As always, I love your input. Thank you sincerely,

Darwin Bagley

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

coachmarc wrote:Bagley, when your words are plain and genuine as Nephi's were (who gloried in plainness), I enjoy and appreciate reading them. I, for one, am glad you're still hanging around all us crazies. Love you, brother.
Reminded me of Al Pacino in GodFather III, "Every time I try to get out, they keep dragging me back in." For over a month, my intention has been to leave; yet, I'm still hanging around.

Coachmarc, you have always good and kind to me, even when I was being completely nuts. You are actually humbly open to an opposing point of view or a new point of view. Some people are not.

Of all the people on the forum, you are the one that I have wished I could hang out with in person or knew in person.

Respectfully,

Darwin Bagley

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

Jeremy wrote:
The god of heaven is approachable. The god of heaven is love. The god of heaven desires to bestow blessings upon you. The god of heaven desires you be ONE. Through Christ the gulf is overcome. Through the Holy Ghost the truth of all things may be known. If you lack wisdom, turn to the one who is mighty to save. He upbraideth not and giveth liberally. He provides a way for stained garments to be white as snow and offers promise of exaltation. Believe him and deny not the power of God. These things are within reach if only we are willing to let go of that which causes our unbelief, whatever that may be.

Come to Christ. Believe in Christ... believe Christ.
Nice, thank you. I'm still reading your article on the Endowment.

A favorite book of mine is "Believing Christ" by Stephen E. Robinson.

I'm not a Seer. I am not a Prophet. I have had a hard time getting and keeping a testimony of Christ. I do not have the Spirit of Revelation. It is not one of my spiritual gifts. Things seem to work differently for me than for the other Latter-day Saints I have met. So, I have actually sought out Latter-day Saints who do have the Spirit of Revelation, who are Prophets and have a burning testimony of Christ and the afterlife, and have Seen; and then, I try to become their friends and try to associate with them in person.

People sought out Joseph Smith for much the same reason. Joseph Smith had things that they weren't yet able to get. If Joseph were still around, I would be looking for ways to make him my friend and to be his friend.

It has only been in recent months that I have had the feeling that I might in fact be receiving revelations from God. It's a new and strange feeling.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2014, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Last edited by EdGoble on July 9th, 2014, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

EdGoble wrote:
notjamesbond003.5 wrote:Easy on Eddie folks, I think he not only could slay dragons w his bare hands, could squash us like little bugs in real life, I also think he's a Karate Man too.

Check out Eddie Murphy's immortal tutorial on Karate-Men:

Back
away
from
your
monitors
slooowly..

njb
I am in fact a martial arts instructor. 5th degree black belt, Matsumura Seito Shorin-Ryu
Ed-

I actually recalled that, and wanted to add some levity to a tense thread.

:)

So, more importantly, what did you think of Eddie Murphy's moves while incarcerated, his "quart of blood technique", ascribing his skill set to Bruce Lee, Bruce being his sensei ?

njb

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

It looks like the thread I started got LOCKED and killed dead.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Such is the way of this whole world. We each have a battle looming ahead of us that we each are destined to lose. For a mortal being, all good things will come to an end.

I'm glad I got my message delivered before the thread died. Oh well, easy come, easy go. I know that this thread won't die, because I didn't start it.

When it comes to any contentious debate, there are words that apply to both sides of the debate.

D&C 121: 34-46:
34 Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen [elected]. And why are they not chosen [elected]?
35 Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson --
36 That the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.
37 That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.
38 Behold, ere he is aware, he is left unto himself, to kick against the pricks, to persecute the saints, and to fight against God.
39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.
40 Hence many are called, but few are chosen [elected].
41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile --
43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;
44 That he may know that thy faithfulness is stronger than the cords of death.
45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.

It doesn't matter what the Calling is, and there are hundreds of Callings that we can receive from God, there are few who will actually receive the Election or the Gift from God. Why are they not Chosen? Why do they fail to receive the associated Election?

Well, this scripture explains to us why we often fail to have many of our Elections made Sure. A few very important Elections or Gifts from God are listed in verses 45 and 46.

P.S. Of the current 15 LDS Apostles, there are four or five that I wish I could sup with, travel with, learn from, hang with, and get to know in person. Such a thing used to be possible in the LDS Church, but not any more.

BagleyDarwin
captain of 100

Post by BagleyDarwin »

Check out Eddie Murphy's immortal tutorial on Karate-Men.
I prefer Kung-Fu Panda.

There is a humility, innocence, and goodness about Po that is unmatched anywhere else, yet he proves to be the Real Deal in the end.