The Man in The White Robe

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Re: The Man in The White Robe

Post by jdawg1012 »

It's threads like these, that continue to display the irony on three fronts:

First, are the crowd that make up doctrine as they go along. I'll fix that: The "man in the white robe" is an angel:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng
"The Ministry of Angels" Jeffrey R. Holland, Oct 2008

From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children. Time in this setting does not allow even a cursory examination of the scriptures or our own latter-day history, which are so filled with accounts of angels ministering to those on earth, but it is rich doctrine and rich history indeed.

Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near. Sometimes their assignments are very grand and have significance for the whole world. Sometimes the messages are more private. Occasionally the angelic purpose is to warn. But most often it is to comfort, to provide some form of merciful attention, guidance in difficult times. When in Lehi’s dream he found himself in a frightening place, “a dark and dreary waste,” as he described it, he was met by an angel, “a man … dressed in a white robe; … he spake unto me,” Lehi said, “and bade me follow him.”7 [ 1 Nephi 8:7, 5–6.] Lehi did follow him to safety and ultimately to the path of salvation.
Second, are the (obviously misguided, based upon their conviction of something very, very wrong) people who are awaiting the "sealed portion of the plates":

Quote me here, now, that if someone is rejecting God's messengers, or not receiving the light given to them already, they'll never get anymore. Besides, there's nothing new or novel to be gained that wouldn't already be gained by following precepts you already have. The sealed portion Prophets (and subsequently their messages), only comes by following line, upon line. And it ALL comes, line upon line. (Or as Neal A. Maxwell said, the successive use of stepping stones). No amount of sealed writings will miraculously advance someone from learning line upon line, and nothing can stop a person who is learning, line upon line, from receiving the entire truth, in time.

Third, are the people who, rather than listen to the prophets, "reason among themselves" (as the Savior termed). The "strain at a gnat, swallow a camel" crowd. This is why there are so many people that I have learned aren't in any position to expound, upon the church, upon the Lord, or upon scripture. Given to themselves, they turn angels into devils.

Oh brother. Speaking of brothers, I wonder how many people spouting false doctrine--and teachings-- could have this same problem solved, if, instead of being like Laman and Lemuel, they merely inquired of the Lord. They, after all, were unable to comprehend the dream either. They're in good company.

And lastly, to answer the original poster, the man in the white robe is an angel, sent from God. Lehi was [led] to the path of salvation by him. The mists of darkness are temptations. They come regardless if you are a prophet, the Savior of the world, or an armchair internet prophet. The angel didn't cause Lehi to be lost, he was (metaphorically) lost due to temptation.

Here's what Orson Pratt had to say (some people love dead prophets, and reject living ones):
Spirit of Light and Truth—Its Value—Its Opposite Necessary—Final Triumph of Light and Truth.
Discourse by Elder Orson Pratt, delivered in the 13th Ward Assembly Rooms, Nov. 24, 1872.
Reported By: David W. Evans.

But now having spoken so much about the benefits of this light, and how good it would be to be continually guided and instructed by the spirit of revelation, there is another thing connected with it which we perhaps do not all fully understand. Supposing a person were thus guided all the time, from waking in the morning until they retired to rest at night; and then when asleep if his dreams were given by the same spirit, and this should be the uninterrupted condition of an individual, I ask, where would be his trials? This would lead us to ask, Is it not absolutely necessary that God should in some measure, withhold even from those who walk before him in purity and integrity, a portion of his Spirit, that they may prove to themselves, their families and neighbors, and to the heavens whether they are full of integrity even in times when they have not so much of the Spirit to guide and influence them? I think that this is really necessary, consequently I do not know that we have any reason to complain of the darkness which occasionally hovers over the mind. I recollect that Lehi had a very great and important dream communicated to him, and his son Nephi had the same renewed to him. While Lehi was on his way to this country he dreamed that he wandered many hours in darkness; that there was a certain rod of iron, notwithstanding this darkness that seemed to gather around him, on which the old man leaned steadfastly. So great was the darkness that he was fearful he should lose his way if he let go the rod of iron; but he clung to it, and continued to wander on until, by and by, he was brought out into a large and spacious field, and he also was brought out to a place where it was lighter, and he saw a certain tree which bore very precious fruit. And he went forth and partook of the fruit of this tree, which was the most precious and desirable of any fruit that he had ever tasted; and it seemed to enlighten him and fill him with joy and happiness. Lehi was a good old man—a man who had been raised up as a great prophet in the midst of Jerusalem. He had prophesied in the midst of all that wickedness which surrounded the Jews; and they sought to take away his life, because of his prophecy. But notwithstanding this gift of prophecy, and the gifts of the Spirit which he enjoyed, the Lord showed him by this dream that there would be seasons of darkness through which he would have to pass, and that even then there was a guide. If he did not all the time have the Spirit of God upon him to any great extent, there was the word of God, represented by an iron rod, to guide him; and if he would hold fast to that in his hours of darkness and trial, when everything seemed to go against him, and not sever himself therefrom, it would finally bring him where he could partake of the fruit of the precious tree—the Tree of Life.
There should be little confusion now, now go forth, and teach CORRECT doctrine!

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

coachmarc wrote:I am reminded of Moses' experience with Lucifer in the PoGP. Lucifer had no glory to speak of. Korihor was also deceived:

52 And Korihor put forth his hand and wrote, saying: I know that I am dumb, for I cannot speak; and I know that nothing save it were the power of God could bring this upon me; yea, and I always knew that there was a God.

53 But behold, the devil hath deceived me; for he appeared unto me in the form of an angel, and said unto me: Go and reclaim this people, for they have all gone astray after an unknown God. And he said unto me: There is no God; yea, and he taught me that which I should say. And I have taught his words; and I taught them because they were pleasing unto the carnal mind; and I taught them, even until I had much success, insomuch that I verily believed that they were true; and for this cause I withstood the truth, even until I have brought this great curse upon me.

There are more examples of course. But I definitely agree that the man in the white robe was not a messenger from the Lord. A messenger from the Lord, to my knowledge has never left someone in the dark.
Not only is this "logic" rejected out of hand, because the "Man in the white robe" is an angel, and not the devil (or any malicious figure in any way), but Korihor KNEW differently than what He was teaching, but eventually BELIEVED it, anyway.

And on the subject of calling God's messengers (be they prophets or angels), "devils" et el. it's not a very good practice.
2 Nephi 15:

13 Therefore, my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge; and their honorable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.

14 Therefore, hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure; and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

19 That say:Let him make speed, hasten his work, that we may see it; and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it.

20 Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Yep, pretty well sums up this thread. Isaiah pinned it down to everything, including the attitude of people calling for the sealed portion (I put it in gold...) Truly, and surely, the Lord God shall do NOTHING, but that He revealeth His secret, unto His servants, the Prophets.

P.S. It was claimed, that Korihor was "ALSO deceived." Whether or not Korihor was deceived by the whole "angel of light" business, Moses wasn't, and Lehi CERTAINLY wasn't, because it was an angel, and not a devil. So I wonder, in addition to whom, was Korihor deceived?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

And there is the group who read the scripture and point out that it is saying what it is saying and nothing more, nothing less.

Bless you for your efforts in staunchly fighting for what you are convinced is absolute truth. Your determination is admirable.

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

Oh, and I wanted to add, that:

A) It never says that the man in the white robe left him, only that he beheld that he was in darkness. Though it's quite possible (improbable), that he left, or rather (more likely) that Lehi could no longer perceive him.
B) As Orson Pratt mentions, that even without a guide, or the Holy Ghost, we still have the Iron rod--the word of God (which Nephi references as "The word of the Lord," indicating Scriptures, not Jesus, who, in the dream, is the fruit of the tree of life).

Lest we forget, Lehi, having a prophetic dream, did in fact in his mortal, literal, life come across a situation, where he was lost, but not because of being "led" astray. He stopped being faithful, and the Liahona stopped working. Perhaps it was a warning of a very reality to come, and that he could overcome it, and ultimately partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life.

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

A Random Phrase wrote:And there is the group who read the scripture and point out that it is saying what it is saying and nothing more, nothing less.

Bless you for your efforts in staunchly fighting for what you are convinced is absolute truth. Your determination is admirable.
No problem, someone has to do it. We can't all be relativists, nor do I find it expedient to contradict logic, the Spirit, or the Prophets, Seers and Revelators. When in doubt, look up what the prophets have said, first. God often repeats Himself, but often that repetition comes in the form of "What have I already said?" (Most frequently found in scriptures as "Remember.")

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

jdawg1012 wrote:...Oh brother. Speaking of brothers, I wonder how many people spouting false doctrine--and teachings-- could have this same problem solved, if, instead of being like Laman and Lemuel, they merely inquired of the Lord. They, after all, were unable to comprehend the dream either. They're in good company....
I am still learning. I am still flawed and fallible (see my signature). I presume then that you have inquired of the Lord and know unequivocally what you are declaring. But then...
A) It never says that the man in the white robe left him, only that he beheld that he was in darkness. Though it's quite possible (improbable), that he left, or rather (more likely) that Lehi could no longer perceive him.
Which is it? Have ye inquired? I appreciate your testimony and accept your reproof as I am still pondering these things. I defer to Elder Holland's and Pratt's explanations until such time that the Lord has answered all my prayers and the many questions, which I have been asking of Him lately.

Please let us less inspired, old fools discuss such things in the hopes that we might be edified.

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

coachmarc wrote:
jdawg1012 wrote:...Oh brother. Speaking of brothers, I wonder how many people spouting false doctrine--and teachings-- could have this same problem solved, if, instead of being like Laman and Lemuel, they merely inquired of the Lord. They, after all, were unable to comprehend the dream either. They're in good company....
I am still learning. I am still flawed and fallible (see my signature). I presume then that you have inquired of the Lord and know unequivocally what you are declaring. But then...
Which is it? Have ye inquired? I appreciate your testimony and accept your reproof as I am still pondering visitations from the Lord's angels and also angels of the adversary. I defer to Elder Holland's and Pratt's explanations until such time that the Lord has answered all my prayers and the many questions, which I have been asking of Him lately.

Please let us less inspired, old fools discuss such things in the hopes that we might be edified.
So long as I don't see false doctrines, I won't correct them. Ones that are easily researched (scriptures.byu.edu is a remarkable tool for finding what General Authorities have stated about a given scripture).

And yes, I do happen to know the answer to whether or not the prophetic "Man in the white robe is there," simply search the other scriptures for the answer (about what God states about His presence, and the presence of angels, for that matter), however, I had to actually think about it. You make no veiled attempt to pretend you want a legitimate response, so when you do, I'd be more than happy to explain it to you. But judging upon your response, there's no need to cast pearls. I implore you to correct yourself when you have grossly misinformed the public. Do as you wish, it's not on my head anymore.

P.S. Your sarcasm aside, Elder Pratt already answered your rhetorical wit, as did Elder Holland. Laman and Lemuel DIDN'T understand the dream, hence, the need to ask. I already have the answer, I invite you to inquire if you do not.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you.

BrentL
captain of 100

Post by BrentL »

jdawg1012 wrote:
And lastly, to answer the original poster, the man in the white robe is an angel,

disagree.

Here's what Orson Pratt had to say (some people love dead prophets, and reject living ones):
Spirit of Light and Truth—Its Value—Its Opposite Necessary—Final Triumph of Light and Truth.
Discourse by Elder Orson Pratt, delivered in the 13th Ward Assembly Rooms, Nov. 24, 1872.
Reported By: David W. Evans.

But now having spoken so much about the benefits of this light, and how good it would be to be continually guided and instructed by the spirit of revelation, there is another thing connected with it which we perhaps do not all fully understand. Supposing a person were thus guided all the time, from waking in the morning until they retired to rest at night; and then when asleep if his dreams were given by the same spirit, and this should be the uninterrupted condition of an individual, I ask, where would be his trials? This would lead us to ask, Is it not absolutely necessary that God should in some measure, withhold even from those who walk before him in purity and integrity, a portion of his Spirit, that they may prove to themselves, their families and neighbors, and to the heavens whether they are full of integrity even in times when they have not so much of the Spirit to guide and influence them? I think that this is really necessary, consequently I do not know that we have any reason to complain of the darkness which occasionally hovers over the mind. I recollect that Lehi had a very great and important dream communicated to him, and his son Nephi had the same renewed to him. While Lehi was on his way to this country he dreamed that he wandered many hours in darkness; that there was a certain rod of iron, notwithstanding this darkness that seemed to gather around him, on which the old man leaned steadfastly.
So great was the darkness that he was fearful he should lose his way if he let go the rod of iron; but he clung to it,

except this is not what happened according to the record we have. Lehi's first mention of seeing the rod is after he has partaken of the fruit. that he obtained by prayer. and he was not an "old man" he "partook" while his kids were teenagers. there is embellishment going on here that helps the narrative, and the point being made, but it is not accurate.

and continued to wander on until, by and by, he was brought out into a large and spacious field, and he also was brought out to a place where it was lighter, and he saw a certain tree which bore very precious fruit. And he went forth and partook of the fruit of this tree, which was the most precious and desirable of any fruit that he had ever tasted; and it seemed to enlighten him and fill him with joy and happiness. Lehi was a good old man—a man who had been raised up as a great prophet in the midst of Jerusalem. He had prophesied in the midst of all that wickedness which surrounded the Jews; and they sought to take away his life, because of his prophecy. But notwithstanding this gift of prophecy, and the gifts of the Spirit which he enjoyed, the Lord showed him by this dream that there would be seasons of darkness through which he would have to pass, and that even then there was a guide. If he did not all the time have the Spirit of God upon him to any great extent, there was the word of God, represented by an iron rod, to guide him; and if he would hold fast to that in his hours of darkness and trial, when everything seemed to go against him, and not sever himself therefrom, it would finally bring him where he could partake of the fruit of the precious tree—the Tree of Life.
There should be little confusion now, now go forth, and teach CORRECT doctrine!
even Lehi did not fully understand this dream. Nephi states his dad missed some things. if Lehi could miss things and he ACTUALLY had the vision, how is it that other can not interpret it wrong. even elder Holland?

ALL you have posted is the interpretation of men about scripture, when what is happening here is a discussion about the actual scripture and what is really says.

then you arrogantly state that you are the one who holds the truth, when, again, not even Lehi fully understood or grasped the meaning of the symbols.

and even if your interpretation is correct, for you to belittle others and their search for further light and knowledge is at best just contentious.

I believe the scriptures state a different story than the one you have told. please cease to belittle me.

have a good day.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

BrentL wrote:ALL you have posted is the interpretation of men about scripture, when what is happening here is a discussion about the actual scripture and what is really says.

then you arrogantly state that you are the one who holds the truth, when, again, not even Lehi fully understood or grasped the meaning of the symbols.

and even if your interpretation is correct, for you to belittle others and their search for further light and knowledge is at best just contentious.
This pretty much sums up the tornado that invaded this thread.

AussieMac
captain of 10

Post by AussieMac »

Well I guess some misinterpret the whole point of this thread. I have always loved reading Lehi's dream and was reading through it the other day. I remember one of my teachers at MTC throwing the question out to the class of "who the man in the white robe was". No answer was given but everyone had their opinion.
So I thought I would throw the question out to the forum and see what other opinions there were. I didnt know discussing a few verses of scripture between fellow forum users was considered teaching false doctrine. With some of the discussions that go on in this forum I was a little surprised. I guess I cant have a opinion on anything to do with the gospel. :-\

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

It really is a good topic, which got me thinking. For now, I can accept either, however, We do note that Lehi partook of the fruit before everything else came into play. He didn't have to feel along an iron rod, etc. He was in darkness for many hours before prayer became his salvation. He didn't even recognize the river as being filthy. It was something Nephi explained after he expounded the vision when the Lord allowed him to witness it also. Brent makes valid points. Jdawg obviously made his points. Two apostles (one living, one dead) have shared their explanations. All are mortals. I am grateful that I can always take my questions to the Lord and learn for myself. I can describe to you what salt is, what it looks like, and all about salt, what degreed doctors and scientists say about salt and what it tastes like until I'm blue in the face, but until you actually taste it for yourself, you will never understand what salt tastes like.

HeberC
captain of 100

Post by HeberC »

Yes, coach. It's not angels' or true messenger's job to mislead us. Following a man is different from following the rod of iron. I didn't need a man to lead me astray. I could do that on my own, but Nephi learned a lesson after following him. In fact, it motivated him to call on the Lord.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

AussieMac wrote:So I thought I would throw the question out to the forum and see what other opinions there were.
Thanks for this post, AussieMac.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

I have really enjoyed reading Most of people's opinions about who the Man is. Thanks for starting the thread AussieMac.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

More observations:

5 Wherefore it came to pass that my father, Lehi, as he went forth prayed unto the Lord, yea, even with all his heart, in behalf of his people.

6 And it came to pass as he prayed unto the Lord, there came a pillar of fire and dwelt upon a rock before him; and he saw and heard much; and because of the things which he saw and heard he did quake and tremble exceedingly.

After listening to prophets crying repentance, Lehi prayed fervently.

8 And being thus overcome with the Spirit, he was carried away in a vision, even that he saw the heavens open, and he thought he saw God sitting upon his throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels in the attitude of singing and praising their God.

9 And it came to pass that he saw One descending out of the midst of heaven, and he beheld that his luster was above that of the sun at noon-day.

10 And he also saw twelve others following him, and their brightness did exceed that of the stars in the firmament.

Lehi beholds heaven and deity, all of whom appear in their glory (D&C/3 keys) for that is the glory in which they can appear. He distinguishes between Father, Son and angels. And also a man in a white robe...

In his later vision of the tree of life, he beholds a "man in a white robe." This man has no glory to speak of. He is just a man who bids Lehi follow him. Food for thought. "Following a prophet" will not save us. A prophet cannot save us. Only Christ can save us. Prophets can lead and guide of course, and we ought to receive them. The distinction that I make is simply we can follow a prophet through the gate and to the narrow pass along the iron rod, but ultimately, that prophet can only work out his own salvation, just as we can only work out our own salvation individually.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Excellent observations, coach.

AussieMac
captain of 10

Post by AussieMac »

I found this at http://stepbystep.alancminer.com/1_ne_8
In Lehi's dream he saw a man who was dressed in a white robe and who came and stood before Lehi. Lehi says, "he spake unto me, and bade me follow him." According to Hugh Nibley, this is a person who is going to be his guide. Paralemptor is a classical word for the person who guides you through the ordinances of the temple. It is a man dressed in a white robe. [Hugh W. Nibley, Teachings of the Book of Mormon, Semester 1, p. 171]
So our man is a temple worker.

Found this interesting to
Symbolism Which Can Help in Understanding the Scriptures

Colors Symbolism

white purity; righteousness; exaltation (Example: Revelation 3:4)

black evil; famine; darkness (Example: Revelation 6:5)

red sins; blood (Example Revelation 6:4; D&C 133:51)

blue heaven; godliness

green life; nature (Example: Revelation 8:7)

amber sun; light

scarlet royalty (Example: Daniel 5:29; Matthew 27:28-29)

silver worth, but less than gold (Example Isaiah 48:10)

gold the best; exaltation (Example: Revelation 4:4)

[David J. Ridges, The Book of Revelation Made Easier, preface]

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

So he could have been a symbol for a temple worker. Interesting opinion.

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

It's interesting to me to see all of the preconceived notions piled on top of this simple set of verses. Could it ever be so plain? Lehi followed a man. Following a man leads one into "a dark and dreary waste." "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

It begs questions.

Do I follow men?
Do these men "[bid] me follow [them]?
How will I know if I have followed a man?
Does a white robe make one a true messenger?
Will I find myself without light?
Can a man give you light?
Will I find myself in "a dark and dreary waste?"
Am I now in such a state?
How can I "Awake, and Arise from the Dust?"
What did father Lehi do?

If I "pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me" will He answer?
If it's done "with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins." Will the Lord help me no matter where I am on a forbidden path? Even if I have followed a "man" into "a dark and dreary waste."
Can the Lord lift me from the depths of despair?
Is He waiting for me with arms open even now?
Do I have to follow a man, angel, temple worker to have access to Christ?
Has the Lord done His work and given His power to men?
Should I go through "the proper channels," ask my bishop or something?

Interesting things to ponder. Nephi dedicates a great portion of his writing to these very subjects.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

A Random Phrase wrote:And there is the group who read the scripture and point out that it is saying what it is saying and nothing more, nothing less.

+1 :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AussieMac wrote:I found this at http://stepbystep.alancminer.com/1_ne_8
In Lehi's dream he saw a man who was dressed in a white robe and who came and stood before Lehi. Lehi says, "he spake unto me, and bade me follow him." According to Hugh Nibley, this is a person who is going to be his guide. Paralemptor is a classical word for the person who guides you through the ordinances of the temple. It is a man dressed in a white robe. [Hugh W. Nibley, Teachings of the Book of Mormon, Semester 1, p. 171]
So our man is a temple worker.

Found this interesting to
Symbolism Which Can Help in Understanding the Scriptures

Colors Symbolism

white purity; righteousness; exaltation (Example: Revelation 3:4)

black evil; famine; darkness (Example: Revelation 6:5)

red sins; blood (Example Revelation 6:4; D&C 133:51)

blue heaven; godliness

green life; nature (Example: Revelation 8:7)

amber sun; light

scarlet royalty (Example: Daniel 5:29; Matthew 27:28-29)

silver worth, but less than gold (Example Isaiah 48:10)

gold the best; exaltation (Example: Revelation 4:4)
[David J. Ridges, The Book of Revelation Made Easier, preface]
So here we have Nibley and Elder Holland at odds...
If I remember, I've seen both be wrong before about some things...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

clarkkent14 wrote:...Interesting things to ponder...
Excellent post!

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Not sure if this has been brought up, but came across these verses while hubby & I were reading 1 Nephi Chapter 14...

18 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!

19 And I looked and beheld a man, and he was dressed in a white robe.

20 And the angel said unto me: Behold one of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

21 Behold, he shall see and write the remainder of these things; yea, and also many things which have been.

22 And he shall also write concerning the end of the world.

23 Wherefore, the things which he shall write are just and true; and behold they are written in the book which thou beheld proceeding out of the mouth of the Jew; and at the time they proceeded out of the mouth of the Jew, or, at the time the book proceeded out of the mouth of the Jew, the things which were written were plain and pure, and most precious and easy to the understanding of all men.

24 And behold, the things which this apostle of the Lamb shall write are many things which thou hast seen; and behold, the remainder shalt thou see.

25 But the things which thou shalt see hereafter thou shalt not write; for the Lord God hath ordained the apostle of the Lamb of God that he should write them.

26 And also others who have been, to them hath he shown all things, and they have written them; and they are sealed up to come forth in their purity, according to the truth which is in the Lamb, in the own due time of the Lord, unto the house of Israel.

27 And I, Nephi, heard and bear record, that the name of the apostle of the Lamb was John, according to the word of the angel.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I caught that, too. But Nephi identified that man as John. Lehi never did identify the man in his own dream/vision.