Deleted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Will I one day help with the geneaology work with my sperm donor's family?

Post by Z2100 »

I was adopted. I kind of have the same question. Ask the Lord what will happen. You’ll receive confirmation from the Holy Ghost.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

CelestialAngel wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:46 pm
Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:42 pm I was adopted. I kind of have the same question. Ask the Lord what will happen. You’ll receive confirmation from the Holy Ghost.
Thank you. I'm glad the first person who responded in the thread has the same question. :)
I’m sure we will be able to do genealogy from our biological parents. Genealogy will be completed during the millennium, so it was seem to stand that EVERYONE will be put in the records

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

I was adopted. I was told by my stake patriarch that when I was adopted my DNA was changed to match my adopted parents. For what that's worth.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

mes5464 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 9:17 pm I was adopted. I was told by my stake patriarch that when I was adopted my DNA was changed to match my adopted parents. For what that's worth.

Hmm. Did you ask why he said that??

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

CelestialAngel wrote: August 21st, 2017, 12:40 pm I am the result of a sperm donor. My parents couldn't have children the natural way. I have no information on who the donor was or what other children he had and if I have any half brothers and half sisters. My question is in the Millennium will I get to work with that family too or will I only be able to do the work for my legal dad, the one who married my mom and raised me as his son. In the Millennium will I get to meet this sperm donor whose DNA I came from and at least thank him?
Absolutely! And actually you don't have to wait till the millenium. I recently discovered through dna geneology that one of my ancestry lines that I am sealed to all the way back, is not my biological line. Once we found the biological line (3 years of research) temple work has begun on that family.

You can and will do that work, its your family even if your not directly sealed as his son. It will be fun for you to do.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

mes5464 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 9:17 pm I was adopted. I was told by my stake patriarch that when I was adopted my DNA was changed to match my adopted parents. For what that's worth.
I have heard of being adopted into a tribe (which a patriarch would be allowed to know) but not dna changing.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Z2100 wrote: August 21st, 2017, 9:20 pm

Hmm. Did you ask why he said that??
As I remember it, when someone is adopted into a tribe of Israel, if they are faithful, they are changed to be the literal children of Abraham. He said the same was true when I was sealed to my parents, I was literally changed to be their DNA child. This all stems from when I was young, about 10, I didn't believe my parents that I was adopted because I was so much like my Dad (right down to identical birth marks on our right thighs). My parents took me to the stake patriarch (a close friend of my parents) and he told me this then.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Yea, that one's pretty looney. Sounds like something pulled out of...... ummm, conjured up on the spot to try and make it sound like he has all the answers, when he knows darn well that he doesn't.
If there was some DNA comparisons done of before DNA, compared to after DNA, and there was a noticeable change, then I would be much more content with buying into that.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

According to the theology, everyone is written into the books recorded in heaven. (Revelation 20:12, Daniel 7:10) It would stand to reason that, at least, their parents are also linked up. Technically, all geneaology of everybody has already been done and is currently written down in a book(s) in heaven, along with being added to everytime someone is born. In any case, one will be able to cross reference who one's biological parents are.
As a side note, one can also conclude that there may be some, many, helluva lot of parent surprises (well, just additional daddies) when those books are read........

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p.390 ISRAEL
That this adoption involves a literal change in the convert's blood was plainly taught by the Prophet. The Holy Ghost, Joseph Smith said, "is more powerful in expanding the mind, enlightening the understanding, and storing the intellect with present knowledge, of a man who is of the literal seed of Abraham, than one that is a Gentile, though it may not have half as much visible effect upon the body; for as the Holy Ghost falls upon one of the literal seed of Abraham, it is calm and serene; and his whole soul and body are only exercised by the pure spirit of intelligence; while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood, and make him actually of the seed of Abraham. That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost." (Teachings, pp. 149-150.)

sajor
Hi, I'm new.

Post by sajor »

The man who raised me and whom I carry the surname is the one I love and love forever. I'm sealed to him and my mother. Although I met my biological father and he was not a bad man, I feel no obligation, desire or interest in his genealogy. My father was the one who was always by my side. There's something wrong with that.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I am sure that a DNA test would indicate otherwise. If this were the case adopted children of a race different from the adoption parent would change their racial features and disabled children would loose their disabilities.