Book of Revelation was easy to understand

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Book of Revelation was easy to understand

Post by SJR3t2 »

The Book of Revelation was easy to understand by all men and women when it was writen.

1 Nephi 14
22 And he [John see verse 27] shall also write concerning the end of the world.
23 Wherefore, the things which he [John see verse 27] shall write are just and true; and behold they are written in the book which thou beheld proceeding out of the mouth of the Jew; and AT THE TIME THEY PROCEEDED OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE JEW, or, at the time the book proceeded out of the mouth of the Jew, the things which were written were PLAIN and pure, and most precious and EASY TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF ALL MEN.
27 And I, Nephi, heard and bear record, that the name of the apostle of the Lamb was John, according to the word of the angel.

The book of Revelation is one of the plainest books God ever caused to be written. - Joseph Smith, 08 Apr 1843, History of the Church 5:342

I also gave some instrutions in the MYSTERIES of the kingdom of God; such as the HISTORY OF THE PLANETS, Abraham's writings upon the PLANETARY SYSTEMS, ect. - Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg 118

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Book of Revelation was easy to understand

Post by Original_Intent »

When I am seeking diligently and in tune with the spirit, often the so-called difficult books - particularly The Apocalypse of John and Isaiah become quite plain and precious.