Ratification of Temple Sealing/Endowment

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Ratification of Temple Sealing/Endowment

Post by Zathura »

I would like to know if there are any people who have seen their temple ordinances ratified by The Spirit. I know one couple who had The Baptism of Fire during their sealing,and i know that their temple sealing was ratified and in effect because of that.

If you´re okay with sharing this experience of course, Is there anyone here who experienced The Baptism of Fire during or a little after you were sealed to your husband/wife? Is there anyone who experience the Baptism by Fire during or after recieving their endowment?

TannerG
captain of 100

Re: Ratification of Temple Sealing/Endowment

Post by TannerG »

That's really cool that some have had the BoF during/after the sealing ordinance. I believe the spirit can give a "stamp of approval" to ordinances. However, it is important to remember that unless we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, that is, unless we have our calling and election made sure (D&C 88:3-4), our ordinances will be invalid after we die (D&C 132:7).

Stourme
captain of 100

Post by Stourme »

You're asking about very sacred things. I don't feel comfortable discussing this in a public forum where the anti-Mormons will mock and deride. We have been commanded not to trifle with sacred things.

Stacy Oliver
captain of 1,000

Post by Stacy Oliver »

TannerG wrote:That's really cool that some have had the BoF during/after the sealing ordinance. I believe the spirit can give a "stamp of approval" to ordinances. However, it is important to remember that unless we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, that is, unless we have our calling and election made sure (D&C 88:3-4), our ordinances will be invalid after we die (D&C 132:7).
Section 132 says that the ordinances have to be sealed. Section 88 talks about receiving the promise of eternal life. They're different things. In other words, we can have our baptism sealed before we have our c&e, or separately from it.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

The stamp of approval is The Holy Ghost fulfilling his role as The Holy Spirit of Promise. Bruce R. Mckonkie and David A. Bednar teach this pretty well.
As far as sacred things go,We may share whatever we like as long as The Spirit urges us to,and i know there are many people here who are enlightened by The Spirit,who are guided and told by The Spirit to share experiences here.

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

Stacy Oliver wrote:
TannerG wrote:That's really cool that some have had the BoF during/after the sealing ordinance. I believe the spirit can give a "stamp of approval" to ordinances. However, it is important to remember that unless we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, that is, unless we have our calling and election made sure (D&C 88:3-4), our ordinances will be invalid after we die (D&C 132:7).
Section 132 says that the ordinances have to be sealed. Section 88 talks about receiving the promise of eternal life. They're different things. In other words, we can have our baptism sealed before we have our c&e, or separately from it.
I would recommend reading Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pages 150, 298, 301, 305, 321, 323, and 338. You will see very plainly that making one's calling and election sure is the only way a sealing will be valid in the world to come.

PS Mine says it was the 19th printing. Yours might be different. Just check the index under Calling and Election.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Yes, two wives at totally different times by personal revelation on their own parts, were command to administer the Women's Resurrection Claim. Neither knew of this Ordinance, I was unaware of it the first time. It is the final step in the Temple Ordinances!

I know the day, the hour, and the exact moment when the HSoP sealed a wife to me. She is a Second Estate Being, and I will have her in my kingdom one day, if I prove well in the worlds to come.

I believe only Second Estate Beings receive Baptisms of Fire. For Beings who have pasted that creation, it is far more like an awaking that takes place. This may differ from other peoples testimonies however, time will prove all things.

Shalom

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

sen6b, you remember the days of creation in Genesis, Moses and Abraham... well G_d was not speaking of the Days of this world's creation! He was speaking in allegory of the days of OUR creation. All the elements, light verse dark, water verse land, and later the creatures of the differing varieties are the different types of righteous and evil Beings of differing Estates that will be there in the different days of Yours, or Mine, or Whosoever Creation.

This is a One Room Schoolhouse and we are not all in the same grade! This world is a Second Estate Creation, with four Third Estate Beings whom we know of that are still here, and Fourth Estate Beings that are added like the livening that was hidden in the dough that raises the whole loaf. These Beings are all the Holy Prophets and Men in the Scriptures. They are the 144,000 whom are the Messiah's army on earth, when He will call them down at the end of time! We also had one Fifth Estate Being who came here and He was put to death for being so righteous and good! O:-)

All such Beings come here more then once, actually three times verses Second Estate Beings who only come down here once! There is a war going on here for the souls of men! Most Beings here are just children of G_d and are totally unaware of this war, and of those who fight it!

Shalom

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

I think He is/was Jewish?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Muerte Rosa wrote:Hmmmm.....never heard that before. And another question why do you always say G_d instead of God? Just curious
It is the tradition of Israel to not spell out the name of G_d or use His name repetitively. It is the same reason LDS do not call the Priesthood at the Son of the G_d. They choose to call it after Melchizedek for that reason. Though Melchizedek or Shem, son of Noah, was in all actuality the Messiah. They are just calling it by one of His past names.

How could the Messiah be Melchizedek? This speaks of the doctrine of Eternal Lives, which is referred to in D&C 132 and the total Temple allegory. Melchizedek was called the Prince of Peace, King of Heaven, and was the first King of Salem (Jerusalem). Those titles are not bestowed upon just anybody.

aeon
captain of 50

Post by aeon »

How is the ratification manifested ?
If it is the same as the calling and election, then it should be the Lord in person right ?
Any references or stories would help understand.

In D&C132:49 For I am the Lord thy God, and will be with thee even unto the end of the world, and through all eternity; for verily I seal upon you your exaltation, and prepare a throne for you in the kingdom of my Father, with Abraham your father.

So Joseph received it by the voice of the Lord; is it always like this ?

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

The Ratification is manifested by The Baptism by Fire.

If you look around the web you´ll find Quotes by Bruce R. McKonkie,David A. Bednar,Joseph Fielding Smith,and others that explain the Holy Spirit of Promise. When the scriptures mention "Sealing by The Holy Spirit of Promise" It´s not always referencing The temple sealing or calling and election. Baptism of Fire is The Holy Ghost acting as his role as The Holy Spirit of Promise,ratifying an ordinance.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

For example, A couple I know felt something they had NEVER felt before. During the sealing ceremony,they felt The Spirit more strongly than ever, they felt The Spirit descend upon them from their head and descended until their fingers and toes,and they were filled with Joy,and with Fire. They had the baptism of fire. That was The ratification of their sealing.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Stahura wrote:The Ratification is manifested by The Baptism by Fire.

If you look around the web you´ll find Quotes by Bruce R. McKonkie, David A. Bednar, Joseph Fielding Smith,and others that explain the Holy Spirit of Promise. When the scriptures mention "Sealing by The Holy Spirit of Promise" It´s not always referencing The temple sealing or calling and election. Baptism of Fire is The Holy Ghost acting as his role as The Holy Spirit of Promise, ratifying an ordinance.

For example, A couple I know felt something they had NEVER felt before. During the sealing ceremony, they felt The Spirit more strongly than ever, they felt The Spirit descend upon them from their head and descended until their fingers and toes, and they were filled with Joy, and with Fire. They had the baptism of fire. That was The ratification of their sealing.
I totally disagree, the Holy Ghost and Baptism of Fire is one thing. The HG coming and witnessing of the correctness of ones actions in receiving of an ordinance being performed is another example of the HG mission in administering unto the Saints. But the HPoP is something totally different... it is a different spirit, it has a different feeling when it comes, it is a different personage, and it has a different mission! The First Comforter does NOT come in the place of or acting as the Holy Spirit of Promise, ratifying ordinances. Only the Holy Spirit (of the Father and Son) fulfill this service unto the children of men! And I think Joseph Smith would most likely also agrees with that statement. One would need to have experienced such to know what I saying here or what JS was trying to say concerning this subject...

The Prophet’s Instruction on Various Doctrines

Faith comes by hearing the word of God,11 through the testimony of the servants of God;12 that testimony is always attended by the Spirit of prophecy and revelation.13

Repentance is a thing that cannot be trifled with every day. Daily transgression and daily repentance14 is not that which is pleasing in the sight of God.15

Baptism is a holy ordinance preparatory16 to the reception of the Holy Ghost;17 it is the channel and key by which the Holy Ghost will be administered. The Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands,18 cannot be received through the medium of any other principle than the principle of righteousness,19 for if the proposals are not complied with, it is of no use, but withdraws. Tongues were given for the purpose of preaching among

11. Rom. 10:17.
12. Alma 4:19; D&C 109:56.
13. Rev. 19:10; Alma 4:20; Alma 8:24; Alma 17:3; Alma 43:2.
14. Jer. 15:6.
15. D&C 66:3.
16. D&C 84:26-27.
17. 2 Ne. 31:13,17; A of F 1:4.
18. Acts 8:18; D&C 20:41,43; D&C 33:15; D&C 35:6; D&C 49:14.
19. D&C 121:36-37.

TPJS p.149
those whose language is not understood; as on the day of Pentecost,1 etc., and it is not necessary for tongues to be taught to the Church particularly,2 for any man that has the Holy Ghost, can speak of the things of God in his own tongue as well as to speak in another; for faith comes not by signs,3 but by hearing the word of God.4

Doctrines of Resurrection and Election

The Doctrines of the Resurrection of the Dead and the Eternal Judgment5 are necessary to preach among the first principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.6

The Doctrine of Election. Peter exhorts us to make our calling and election sure.7 This is the sealing power spoken of by Paul in other places.8

“13. In whom ye also trusted, that after ye heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

“14. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory, that we may be sealed up unto the day of redemption.” —Ephesians, 1st chapter.9

This principle ought (in its proper place) to be taught, for God hath not revealed anything to Joseph, but what He will make known unto the Twelve, and even the least Saint10 may know all things as fast as he is able to bear them, for the day must come when no man need say to his neighbor, Know ye the Lord; for all shall know Him (who remain) from the least to the greatest.11 How is this to be done? It is to be done by this sealing power,12 and the other Comforter13 spoken of, which will be manifest by revelation.14

The Two Comforters

There are two Comforters spoken of. One is the Holy Ghost,15 the same as given on the day of Pentecost,16 and that all Saints receive after faith, repentance, and baptism.17 This first Comforter or Holy Ghost has no other effect than pure intelligence. It is more powerful in expanding the mind, enlightening the understanding,18 and storing the intellect with present knowledge,19 of a man who is of the literal seed of Abraham,20 than one that is a Gentile, though it may not have half as much visible effect upon the body; for as the Holy Ghost falls upon21 one of

1. Acts 2:1-13.
2. 1 Cor. 14:18-19.
3. D&C 63:9-11.
4. Rom. 10:17.
5. Heb. 6:1-2.
6. Heb. 5:12; A of F 1:4.
7. 2 Pet. 1:10.
8. Rom. 15:28; 2 Cor. 1:22; Eph. 4:30; 2 Tim. 2:19; D&C 68:12; D&C 131:5.
9. Eph. 1:13-14.
10. D&C 89:3.
11. Jer. 31:34.
12. D&C 68:12; D&C 131:5.
13. D&C 88:3.
14. D&C 90:11,14.
15. John 14:26.
16. Acts 2:1-4.
17. Acts 2:38.
18. Eph. 1:18; Alma 32:28,34; D&C 76:12; D&C 88:11; JS-H 1:74.
19. John 16:13.
20. D&C 107:40; Abr. 2:11.
21. Acts 10:44; 3 Ne. 19:13; Moro. 2:3; Moses 5:9.

TPJS p.150
the literal seed of Abraham,1 it is calm and serene; and his whole soul2 and body are only exercised by the pure spirit of intelligence; while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood,3 and make him actually of the seed of Abraham.4 That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost. In such a case, there may be more of a powerful effect upon the body, and visible to the eye, than upon an Israelite, while the Israelite at first might be far before the Gentile in pure intelligence.

The Second Comforter

The other Comforter spoken of is a subject of great interest, and perhaps understood by few of this generation. After a person has faith in Christ, repents of his sins, and is baptized for the remission of his sins and receives the Holy Ghost, (by the laying on of hands), which is the first Comforter, then let him continue5 to humble himself before God,6 hungering and thirsting after righteousness,7 and living by every word of God,8 and the Lord will soon say unto him, Son, thou shalt be exalted.9 When the Lord has thoroughly proved him,10 and finds that the man is determined to serve Him at all hazards, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure,11 then it will be his privilege to receive the other Comforter,12 which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, from the 12th to the 27th verses.13

Note the 16, 17, 18, 21, 23 verses:

“16. And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
“17. Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
“18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. * *
“21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
“23. If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”14

Now what is this other Comforter? It is no more nor less

1. Abr. 2:11.
2. Jer. 32:41; 2 Ne. 25:29.
3. Isa. 4:4; Heb. 9:22.
4. John 8:33,37; Gal. 3:29; D&C 84:34; D&C 103:17; Abr. 1:4; Abr. 2:10.
5. John 8:31; D&C 93:1.
6. 2 Chr. 34:27; Mosiah 4:10; Alma 13:13; D&C 20:37.
7. Matt. 5:6.
8. Matt. 4:4.
9. D&C 112:3.
10. Deut. 13:3; D&C 98:14; D&C 124:55; Abr. 3:25.
11. 2 Pet. 1:10.
12. D&C 88:3-5.
13. John 14:12-27.
14. John 14:16-18,21,23.

TPJS p.151
than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter;1 that when any man obtains this last Comforter, he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him2 from time to time,3 and even He will manifest the Father unto him,4 and they will take up their abode with him,5 and the visions of the heavens will be opened6 unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face,7 and he may have a perfect knowledge of the mysteries8 of the Kingdom of God; and this is the state and place the ancient Saints arrived at when they had such glorious visions—Isaiah,9 Ezekiel,10 John upon the Isle of Patmos,11 St. Paul in the three heavens,12 and all the Saints who held communion with the general assembly13 and Church of the Firstborn.14 (June 27, 1839.) DHC 3:379-381.

1. Eccl. 12:13; D&C 128:11; JS-H 1:50.
2. Rev. 3:20.
3. Jacob 7:5.
4. Matt. 11:27.
5. Matt. 11:27; John 14:23; D&C 130:1-3.
6. Ezek. 1:1; D&C 76:14,89; D&C 110:11,13; Moses 6:42.
7. Gen. 32:30; Ex. 33:11; Ether 12:39; Moses 7:4.
8. Jacob 4:12; Ether 3:20; D&C 84:19.
9. Isa. 1:1; 2 Ne. 11:2.
10. Ezek. 8:4; Ezek. 11:24; Ezek. 43:3.
11. Rev. 1:10; Rev. 9:17.
12. 2 Cor. 12:1-2.
13. D&C 107:19.
14. Heb. 12:23.

Shalom

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Thats okay if you disagree,I just wrote what I have learned through Revelation. This is what The Lord showed me,I testify that its true :)