The Doctrine of Follow the Prophet

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Doctrine of Follow the Prophet

Post by Robert Sinclair »

It is what exactly you say here that is of the greatest concern for the welfare of their souls and those who follow:

By their fruits, are they teaching and producing Saints equal in their temporal things that are handing out covenants and deeds for inheritances to the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church of the faithful Saints, according to his commandments?

If not but unequal fruits and Saints of all manner should not someone who cares for the welfare of their souls and their fruits awaken and sound the alarm as God has said? ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Look in the book that Joseph Smith said would soon be testified of for herein is written words of great concern of twelve and seventy shepherds that destroy the blind sheep and they both are judged found guilty and thrust into the fiery abyss. Only one church in the latter days uses twelve and seventy shepherds to guide them that I see. This causes my heart and stomach pain when I see that the words of Jesus Christ to be equal in your temporal things and this not grudgingly by giving covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated of the faithful Saints. And this before the residue shall be used for additional poor outside of the church and for purchasing lands and to build buildings, is not being kept.

This concerns me greatly as I have gone over and over these things for a way out of this nightmare.

The only way I could find was the great "if" written and given by Jesus Christ himself that if after receiving the fullness of my gospel they reject it, "if" they acknowledge their offence and return, they shall be numbered among my people he has said.

Then with Moroni saying the words of Joel would soon need to be and Joel saying that the vineyard had become eaten up of righteousness and goodness and equality and justice and that his bride The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints needs to be brought out of the closet clothed with equality of equity and justice and righteousness and goodness and purity of heart and presented to the bridegroom with broken hearts and contrite spirits and that the old men and administers of the law of God needed to be awakened to give ear to these things, one sees hope but only "if" they wake up to these things. Be in pain it is written and labor to bring forth the daughter of Zion of God.
So it is written and so it must needs be.

There is hope though "if", and promise of the great "if they return" written and spoken of by Jesus Christ. ♡

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Robert you seem to be "kicking and floundering" a bit, as we all do from time to time. This may be an appropriate warning from the first prophet of this dispensation.

Do Not Betray the Brethren

Section Four 1839-42, p.156

O ye Twelve! and all Saints! profit by this important Key--that in all your trials, troubles, temptations, afflictions, bonds, imprisonments and death, see to it, that you do not betray heaven; that you do not betray Jesus Christ; that you do not betray the brethren; that you do not betray the revelations of God, whether in Bible, Book of Mormon, or Doctrine and Covenants, or any other that ever was or ever will be given and revealed unto man in this world or that which is to come. Yea, in all your kicking and flounderings, see to it that you do not this thing, lest innocent blood be found upon your skirts, and you go down to hell. All other sins are not to be compared to sinning against the Holy Ghost, and proving a traitor to the brethren.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

If I say nothing whatever when I have seen what I have seen and heard what I have heard I betray their very souls.

Better I suffer laboring with my might all the day and night as I do, tossing and turning wondering and worrying what can I do more to help, than to just walk away and say I care not what happens to these twelve and seventy shepherds that destroy the blind sheep, nor for their blind sheep.

At the judgment bar of Christ you and I and he will know what I labored to do all the day and all the night worried for the welfare of your souls not obeying his commandments which he has given of being equal in their temporal things and this not grudgingly by giving covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church of the living God of the faithful Saints. And then you will see what I was laboring to do, that I was the good brother who did care for them and the welfare of their souls. ♡

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robert Sinclair wrote:If I say nothing whatever when I have seen what I have seen and heard what I have heard I betray their very souls.

Better I suffer laboring with my might all the day and night as I do, tossing and turning wondering and worrying what can I do more to help, than to just walk away and say I care not what happens to these twelve and seventy shepherds that destroy the blind sheep, nor for their blind sheep.

At the judgment bar of Christ you and I and he will know what I labored to do all the day and all the night worried for the welfare of your souls not obeying his commandments which he has given of being equal in their temporal things and this not grudgingly by giving covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church of the living God of the faithful Saints. And then you will see what I was laboring to do, that I was the good brother who did care for them and the welfare of their souls. ♡
If you share your goods with others then you are an example of charity. It is not the responsibility of the church leadership to give to all the poor, sick and afflicted. It is our, the membership, each of us to give, to share and help out. The church says to go to family first for aid, then to the church if family is unable. I, myself, have used the welfare system in order to feed my family.
It is the responsibility of the church to "perfect the saints", meaning, to get them off their butts and learn to be charitable, to give willingly and help those in need, those that are hungry and so forth as taught us in scripture. Zion is the pure in heart, D&C 97:21. It is up to each of us to find out what it takes to be pure, to have virtue garnish our thoughts (D&C 121:45) and give of our substance willingly. Without such learned traits, how can there be no poor, all being of one heart and one mind among those in Zion? Moses 7:18

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I can only repeat what God has said to his beloved son Jesus Christ to give to Joseph Smith to give covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church of the faithful Saints before one single brick is laid or property purchased for the building of buildings for worshipping God.
This cannot be put upon the shelf or pushed aside as even as Jesus Christ was saying to wait for little season for the redemption of Zion, he never withdrew the commandment to give covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints but indeed said to go and learn our duty and have experience with this law of giving covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church. That the elders should seek this baptism of cloven tongues of fire and power from on high from attending the wedding feast invitation supper of the Lamb of God given and prepare for the poor of the church a feast of fat things required of equity and justice and righteousness and goodness of all things common among them by inhertiances, and bring his bride out of the closet clothed with the fine linens of righteousness and purity of heart. Yes to be grateful for being honored to do this among all the families of Adam and Enoch and Abraham and Israel at this particular time upon this earth.

But he must have known exactly what Ephraim would go on and do as it had been foretold thousands of years ago by Hosea and Joel and Isaiah and Micah and Malachi and Jeremiah and Moroni and Ether and Zenos and Ezekiel and many others that have seen and foretold of the doings of the House of Ephraim and invited guests at this time upon this earth with their twelve and seventy shepherds as foretold by Enoch also. One should grab hold of this great "if" offered of "if they acknowledge their offence and return" and take this offering of Jesus Christ spoken of in 3rd Nephi that they might also be numbered among his people "if" they acknowledge their offence and return.
These things are all written in the Scriptures written and are able to be seen if one diligently comes to seek out and know "all" the commandments of God given to his beloved son Jesus Christ. :)

nicknack22
captain of 50

Post by nicknack22 »

I think the reason some people insist on following the prophet so much is because they have never by the Spirit received a revelation that contradicts anything taught by "the prophet" . I read somewhere on this thread that someone said that the Spirit would give you an uncomfortable feeling if you were near a false prophet. I don't recall anywhere in the scriptures where the Spirit feels uncomfortable or uneasy, which Ive read in talks given by GAs. Anyways maybe the reason that people don't receive revelation against what is promoted by the church is because it is out of their "comfort" zones. They only ask for knowledge that they want and not knowledge that is hard to hear. My prayers used to be like this

Dear God, Please give me a testimony that Thomas S Monson is a prophet, or please give me a witness that polygamy was really commanded by you.

The problem with prayers like this is that Im counseling the Lord on what he should tell me regardless of the truth. The reason my prayers were like this is because I trusted so heavily in the Prophet and his testimony. Then one day I had a family member witness that the Holy Ghost told them that Joseph Smith committed adultery. I was invited to pray about the same subject. I got really really uncomfortable and scared that I was losing a family member, But I remembered the scripture that says the evil spirit teaches a man not to pray. I realized maybe this scary uncomfortable feeling isn't from God but is actually from the evil spirit. So anyone who is scared to pray to know if something is not true or is false doctrine like the principle of tithing or baptisms for the dead if they haven't already received an answer, then I would think about what spirit you are following.

nicknack22
captain of 50

Post by nicknack22 »

Is anyone willing to disobey the "prophet" If the Holy Ghost says to?

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

nicknack22 wrote:Is anyone willing to disobey the "prophet" If the Holy Ghost says to?
Yes

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Robert Sinclair wrote:I can only repeat what God has said to his beloved son Jesus Christ to give to Joseph Smith to give covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated properties and monies and businesses donated to the church of the faithful Saints before one single brick is laid or property purchased for the building of buildings for worshipping God.
Robert, you really have to reign this in. You are hijacking every single thread with this excessive focus on a principle that is exceeding your understanding. The Gospel is comprised of a multitude of facets and has so much to offer and we benefit by exploring each and every element of it. I think because you have not built a line upon line precept upon precept foundation for your understanding is partial cause for why you misunderstand your role, the churches role, and the roles of the General Authorities.

You have now begun to answer your own questions as if you are oblivious to the participants of this site. Come join with us. Broaden your horizons, open your arms and embrace a gospel and all of its many opportunities for understanding.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Jake wrote: Hmm, if it is an abomination to have more than one wife, and Brigham Young taught that we MUST have multiple wives to attain exaltation, and he claimed NO revelation authorizing him to take additional wives, would that be considered to be imperiling our salvation?

If Gordon B. Hinckley changed the endowment ceremony so that the penalties were removed, a character was removed, and statements were altered, and did this in the absence of revelation, wouldn't this imperil our salvation? Those alterations changed the nature of the ordinance. The scriptures teach that ordinances are not to be altered.

If Heber J. Grant did not confer priesthood for 20 years, but only ordained people to an office in the church, does that imperil our salvation if the priesthood was not given as required? We teach that the priesthood must be conferred in order for a man to obtain eternal life.
I don't think urban legends threaten our salvation.

Or if you think the above are all true, obviously they would effect out salvation, so you would have to leave the Church and find something else.
This teaching about the prophet never leading the church astray kind of makes you wonder why the Lord didn't think of this sooner.
Not really. Maybe you have a verse telling us to beware of Nephi, Isaiah or John, as they can lead us to hell at any time.
He could have just killed off all the false teachers and prophets who came after Jeremiah, who came after Christ, etc. In fact, if the church's claim is true, it makes you wonder what horrible things Howard W. Hunter and Harold B. Lee must have had in their hearts to take the so quickly.
It makes you wonder? What have you come up with.
We ought to be asking whether each prophet's death was caused by the Lord or just natural circumstances.
What have you come up with.
(Or, maybe, just maybe, we ought to reconsider the lunacy of this doctrine.)
What is your basis for other doctrines.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Brlenox, it all comes down to the facts.

God says give inheritances.

The collector's of the properties and monies and businesses donated say no way!

So for this they will die and be thrust into hell.

God says to sound the alarm if I see this and howl.

I see this so I sound the alarm and weep and howl because I have care for the welfare of your souls. :)

If you are one who can't see or hear or understand, you are one of the blind and deaf following the Shephards to their death in the fiery abyss.

You can help God has said by sounding the alarm also.

It is a freewill choice of yours, do as God has said or not.

Choose to help, sound the alarm. :)

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

Do Not Betray the Brethren:

O ye Twelve! and all Saints! profit by this important Key – that in all your trials, troubles, temptations, afflictions, bonds, imprisonments and death, see to it, that you do not betray heaven; that you do not betray Jesus Christ; that you do not betray the brethren; that you do not betray the revelations of God, whether in Bible, Book of Mormon, or Doctrine and Covenants, or any other that ever was or ever will be given and revealed unto man in this world or that which is to come. Yea, in all your kicking and flounderings, see to it that you do not this thing, lest innocent blood be found upon your skirts, and you go down to hell. All other sins are not to be compared to sinning against the Holy Ghost, and proving a traitor to the brethren.

Joseph Smith

(Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, selected and arranged by Joseph Fielding Smith, p.156.)
According to Joseph Smith, betraying your brethren in the LDS Church is comparable to sinning against the Holy Ghost. From observation we can see that betraying the brethren definitely has the same effect on your spirituality as the unpardonable sin does.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Ooooo, scary.

8-}

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Yes, if you see God calling upon you to save them from the firery abyss spoken of by Enoch, and of the Father himself to Jesus Christ in 3rd Nephi of the fullness of the gospel being of being equal in your temporal things and this not grudgingly by giving "all" of one's surplus beyond that needed for the support of their families and of giving covenants and deeds that cannot be broken into the hands of the poor Saints sufficient for the support of their families from the consecrated assets given of the faithful Saints, being rejected, sound the alarm and weep and howl and blow the trumpet in Zion as God has said.

You may just be an instrument in his hands to help save these brethern from a fate worse than just death itself.

You will see that you can love them even if it so be that they turn upon you and rend you not seeing what you are trying to do, that which God himself has said to do, to be a good and loving brother unto them. ♡ :)

To betray them would be to just let them burn so they could learn. Should have hearkened unto that prophet Jesus Christ and had done what he said, to be not flung just like dung upon the ground, or swept away from the vineyard for being unequal fruits in the vineyard of the Lord. ♡ :)

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

jbalm wrote:Ooooo, scary.

8-}
The OP asked where the Doctrine of Follow the Prophet came from. In this dispensation, it came from Joseph Smith. In Christ's dispensation, it came from Jesus Christ. In Enoch's dispensation, it came from Enoch. In Noah's dispensation, it came from Noah. In Abraham's dispensation, it came from Abraham. I suggest that Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith know what they are talking about.

Matthew 7:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Yes. By their fruits. We have leaders spending Billions on malls and condominiums, while we also have children, members of the church, who DIE from starvation and illness, because their bishops and parents can't get the money to save them.
These are facts. Cold, hard facts.

When I read Matthew 7, quoted above, my heart breaks. I love this church. I have served as a Temple Ordinance Worker for over a decade. I help the poor and sick as much as is possible, sacrificing much to do so. I love my ward, and my friends in the church. I get sick when I see the mall and condo developments. The Lord has told me it grieves Him also.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Stovokor wrote:
jbalm wrote:Ooooo, scary.

8-}
The OP asked where the Doctrine of Follow the Prophet came from. In this dispensation, it came from Joseph Smith. In Christ's dispensation, it came from Jesus Christ. In Enoch's dispensation, it came from Enoch. In Noah's dispensation, it came from Noah. In Abraham's dispensation, it came from Abraham. I suggest that Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith know what they are talking about.

And then you make the leap that not following the prophet = betraying the Bros. Simultaneously, you make the leap that not following the prophet = unpardonable sin.

I repeat: 8-}

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

If people are starving in the LDS Church, it's because the Bishops, Stake Presidents, and Relief Society Presidents are incompetent. All they have to do is get on the phone and inform headquarters that they have people dying and starving in their wards, and relief supplies will be shipped out immediately. The Latter-day Saints have one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) relief distribution facilities on the planet.

How many trillions of dollars is it going to take to build the Cities of Zion? How many man-hours? The Lord thinks big! Big as the universe. When it comes time to build the City of Zion, I don't believe that the Latter-day Saints will go back in poverty with their tails between their legs like they left the place. When Christ decides to build the City of Zion, which prophets are you going to choose to follow? When Christ decides to build the City of Zion, which prophets will He choose to get the job done?
Amos 3: 7: Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
The divine pattern was established long ago. Christ or the Lord will follow the exact same pattern when He decides that it's time for His Latter-day Saints to build the cities of Zion. Christ will tell his prophets that the time has come when the time has come. A few years back, Christ told His prophet that it's time for the Latter-day Saints to return to Nauvoo and rebuild the Nauvoo Temple. The same thing will happen when Christ tells us that it is time to build the Temple Cities of Zion.
Last edited by Stovokor on November 18th, 2014, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

jbalm wrote:
Stovokor wrote:

And then you make the leap that not following the prophet = betraying the Bros. Simultaneously, you make the leap that not following the prophet = unpardonable sin.

It's Joseph Smith that made that leap, not me. I'm just quoting what he said. Joseph Smith created the various LDS churches and splinter groups, and I suggest that he had a vision of how he and the Lord wanted it to go and turn out.

Keep your eye on the prophet. In this case, keep your eye on Joseph Smith and his words. But, it applies equally as well to his successors, the presiding High Priests of the LDS Church.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Stovokor wrote:If people are starving in the LDS Church, it's because the Bishops, Stake Presidents, and Relief Society Presidents are incompetent. All they have to do is get on the phone and inform headquarters that they have people dying and starving in their wards, and relief supplies will be shipped out immediately. The Latter-day Saints have one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) relief distribution facilities on the planet.
S. I don't mean tp be contentious but you are absolutely wrong . You really should know what you are talking about before you start pontificating. The church welfare program does't function in SA and Africa like it does in the US. If there aren't sufficient funds in the ward or branch the bishop can not simply write a check, The local unit has to cover it local needs . In 2011 the estimate is that a 900 LDS children starved to death in SA ,Africa and Asia. go there and see for yourself as some of us have . There are tens of thousands of severely malnourished LDS children in those areas . Look at the Liahona Foundation website and see how they are trying to mitigate this disaster. Send some money yourself instead of saying all is well in Zion. Incidentally the church distribution system outside the US is despite the rhetoric virtually non existent. We can distribute items through existing wards or stakes but when there aren't any or the system is weak we typically use the Red Cross or Catholic Charities whom infrastructure is far superior to ours since they handle 100 times more relief than we do . Please don't simply repeat what you would like to be true without verifying that it is true

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

The Sermon on the Mount was written and given to all the Saints of every Gospel Dispensation. Joseph Smith told us that it applies directly to the Latter-day Saints.

We tend to look only at the negative. It's the natural man within us.

What does Matthew 7: 15-23 tell us? It tells us that whenever there are Saints on the earth, then there will be false prophets among them. Joseph Smith told us that there are Saints on the earth now, Latter-day Saints. And, Christ tells us that there will be false prophets among them.

But, that's the negative message. What's the positive message?

The positive message is that whenever there are Saints on the earth, then there are true prophets of God living and working among them.

Think about it. Think about what that means to you and me. Since there are Saints on the earth right now, then there are true prophets of God that we can actually seek and find. How great is that!

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

boo wrote:
Stovokor wrote:If people are starving in the LDS Church, it's because the Bishops, Stake Presidents, and Relief Society Presidents are incompetent. All they have to do is get on the phone and inform headquarters that they have people dying and starving in their wards, and relief supplies will be shipped out immediately. The Latter-day Saints have one of the most impressive (if not the most impressive) relief distribution facilities on the planet.
S. I don't mean tp be contentious but you are absolutely wrong . You really should know what you are talking about before you start pontificating. The church welfare program does't function in SA and Africa like it does in the US. If there aren't sufficient funds in the ward or branch the bishop can not simply write a check, The local unit has to cover it local needs . In 2011 the estimate is that a 900 LDS children starved to death in SA ,Africa and Asia. go there and see for yourself as some of us have . There are tens of thousands of severely malnourished LDS children in those areas . Look at the Liahona Foundation website and see how they are trying to mitigate this disaster. Send some money yourself instead of saying all is well in Zion. Incidentally the church distribution system outside the US is despite the rhetoric virtually non existent. We can distribute items through existing wards or stakes but when there aren't any or the system is weak we typically use the Red Cross or Catholic Charities whom infrastructure is far superior to ours since they handle 100 times more relief than we do . Please don't simply repeat what you would like to be true without verifying that it is true
Then I humbly request that you follow your own advice, and provide us with quotes, links, and written evidence from the bishops in SA, Africa, and Asia to support your claims. Since you claim to know how to verify that your claims are true, then please do so. When you are done and have amassed the evidence, then please do us all a favor and certify mail your results to the Presiding Bishopric of the LDS Church so that they can do something about it. Then don't forget to come here and post all the documents that you have acquired that support your claims. You would be doing us a great service if you were to do so, and you would actually be doing something to help the cause. As you suggested in your post, complaining about it or bragging about it accomplishes nothing. If you know what to do, and you seem to claim that you do, then please do it. Please, stop talking about it and fix it, since you seem to know how to do so. Build Zion. Remember, tearing down Zion doesn't get it built. Edify and build. If you know how to feed the poor, then do it. If you are as knowledgeable as you claim, then figure out how to solve the problem for us.

Personally, I'm proud of our interaction with the Red Cross and the Catholics. I have done volunteer work for the Catholics in the past. We Latter-day Saints are a drop in the ocean compared to them. Unlike them, we are few in number, and we are tasked with taking the Gospel to the World, redeeming the dead, and perfecting the Saints. The Latter-day Saints have other things that they were called to do, in addition to trying to feed and clothe and shelter the poor. So, if you know how to streamline and improve the LDS Church's mission to the poor, then get involved and do so. I don't know how to solve it, but apparently from your post, you do. So boo, please do.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Stovokor wrote:
jbalm wrote:
Stovokor wrote:

It's Joseph Smith that made that leap, not me. I'm just quoting what he said. Joseph Smith created the various LDS churches and splinter groups, and I suggest that he had a vision of how he and the Lord wanted it to go and turn out.

Keep your eye on the prophet. In this case, keep your eye on Joseph Smith and his words. But, it applies equally as well to his successors, the presiding High Priests of the LDS Church.
No. You made the leap.

Let's make it easy for you. Step by step:

1. Get a dictionary;
2. Look up "betray;"
3. Note that it does NOT mean "not follow" or "choose to disregard" or "not keep your eye on" or anything of the sort;
4. Bask in your newly acquired knowledge.

Stovokor
captain of 50

Post by Stovokor »

If you study demographics and statistics, which I have done, you quickly learn that the only fair and correct and accurate way to compare demographics is on a per capita basis. The Latter-day Saints are 0.002 or 0.2 percent of the world's population. As a group or demographic, they should never be expected to end world hunger. They simply do not have the means to do so.

Nevertheless, I suggest for your consideration that the Latter-day Saints do more per capita to help the poor than any other group of people on the planet. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I don't have access to the statistics from the Catholics and from the Mormons, for example; but per capita, I believe the Latter-day Saints would dwarf the Catholics in the amount of humanitarian aide that they give.

We are nobodies, a drop in the ocean compared to everyone else, yet we have managed to get noticed by many groups and organizations for the massive amount of aide we give per capita to the world. If you are a Latter-day Saint, you should be proud of what YOU helped to accomplish.

Can we do more? Yes, we can always do more. But, per capita know that we are already doing a lot. It's a wonderful and most amazing church that you belong to, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Few of us fully know or appreciate what we really have, what we really do, and what we have truly accomplished. For now, if you want to help, pray for our ability to help others to increase, and then work to bring your prayers into reality.

Writing out a check isn't going to be enough. Some of us are actually going to have to dig in and do something if we are going to be the leaven than changes the world for the better.