Jericho the TV Series online...

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Jericho the TV Series online...

Post by clarkkent14 »

Chuck Baldwin mentioned this series a couple of times, and I wanted to put it up for anyone interested in viewing. I started the series tonight, and so far so good. Maybe it will help you prepare. :P

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/

it's also on Netflix if you have that.

obamohno
captain of 100

Re: Jericho the TV Series online...

Post by obamohno »

clarkkent14 wrote:Chuck Baldwin mentioned this series a couple of times, and I wanted to put it up for anyone interested in viewing. I started the series tonight, and so far so good. Maybe it will help you prepare. :P

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/

it's also on Netflix if you have that.
One of my favorite shows ever.

So good and this stuff could possibly happen soon! haha.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

I also recommend this series. It's a shame they didn't continue it. They try to wrap it up the best they could, but the ending leaves a lot to be desired since they got cut in the middle of the second season. It's still worth watching, aside from the immorality / fidelity problems (not shown) of some of the characters :(

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

Really enjoyed the show. My wife and I watched it online over like 4 days. It was a fun marathon. We removed the computer chair, and pulled the small 2 person couch up in front of the computer, fun fun :)

I think a lot of the story lines are very realistic, and what would we do in that scenario? Ravenwood is freaky, like reminds me of Blackwater.

Some scenarios are hollywood, but still a lot of good story lines.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

by the way, i think we watched online at www.yidio.com. It has been a few onths ago.

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

I'm watching this and it's posing lot's of interesting questions in my mind. I should also note that I'm in the middle of a class on screenplay structure.

The writers haven't show a "religious" aspect so far. They have written in the dilemmas of morality and good vs. evil. Isn't it funny that God has been written out of everything including an "end times" TV series. Yet the writers can't avoid the paradigm of good vs. evil. They can't avoid showing strong families with values, vs. broken families that lacks such. They can't entirely avoid God in their attempt to end the world without him.

I'm sure my questions will continue, I'm only on episode 7 or so. I would like to give kudos to the writers though, they have done a bit of research for this series. I wish the thing could continue, I haven't been this interested in a TV series since LOST. Not as clever as LOST, but it's still well done so far.

I find myself thinking... what would I do in this situation, and it's funny to me that those moments seem to reveal not only your character, but your values and morals too. I'm thankful for the upbringing that I had :)

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

We started watching it tonight. Seems pretty good and the plot is building nicely along with a few of the characters. That cbs link was a bit sketchy for us, besides the commercials (we don't watch tv, and commercials bug me). I'll probably download via torrent, the pilot pulled us in enough. Thanks for the recommendation.

preparednesspro
captain of 100

Post by preparednesspro »

Jericho is incredible. I even managed to get my husband to join me watching it on Saturday afternoon - he was hooked!

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

preparednesspro wrote:Jericho is incredible. I even managed to get my husband to join me watching it on Saturday afternoon - he was hooked!

awesome :) who is your favorite character?

preparednesspro
captain of 100

firend wrote:
preparednesspro wrote:Jericho is incredible. I even managed to get my husband to join me watching it on Saturday afternoon - he was hooked!

Hmm…it’s a toughy…between Jake and Hawkins it’s tough

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

preparednesspro wrote:
firend wrote:

Hmm…it’s a toughy…between Jake and Hawkins it’s tough

ha....same here...i think i would slightly lean toward hawkins. As a 3rd favorite we liked gerald mcraney the father.

ok, I don't know how far into you are, but who are your top 2 most dis-liked characters?

preparednesspro
captain of 100

firend wrote:ha....same here...i think i would slightly lean toward hawkins. As a 3rd favorite we liked gerald mcraney the father.

ok, I don't know how far into you are, but who are your top 2 most dis-liked characters?
Yeah, he was good too. I thought the fiancé of Emily was a waste and I also had no use for the bar owner. (Can’t remember their names right now for some reason.)