Taking Chance........The Movie

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Cowboy
captain of 100

Taking Chance........The Movie

Post by Cowboy »

Hey Gang, I had to tell you about this movie. It is simply the best movie I have ever seen!
It is an HBO production so I started it with a jaded eye knowing that there would be some crap in there that would probably be anti-USA or so on. There was nothing at all. Very well done with Kevin Bacon and more importantly, the Great State of Wyoming.
Coming from a military family I was very moved by this film and highly recommend it to all of you. Just came out on video.
10+ from the cheap seats

Spence
captain of 1,000

Re: Taking Chance........The Movie

Post by Spence »

I second your recommendation. I was suspecting there might be some questionable stuff in it because of HBO. But there wasn't any at all that I remember of. Great movie. Only $1 at redbox. Fairly short, stirring and well worth the view.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Post by natasha »

Just wanted to stop by and add my kudos with Spence and Cowboy regarding the movie "Taking Chance". I thought it was an incredible story...based on a true story...and one of those "sleeper films" that don't seem to get the attention or applaud it is due. Another movie in that category is "Forever Strong"...based on the true story of the Highland High School (in Salt Lake City) Rugby team that has accumulated an incredible win loss record. But the story was more about a coach who knew how to mold men from boys. Coach Helwig, I believe, still coaches at Highland. He was on a talk show before the movie came out and said that he agreed to the movie being done as long as everything in it was true. It's truly an inspiring movie....one that a whole family can watch and come away with a good feeling.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Still haven't seen Taking Chance, but I appreciate the recommendation. There is very little media worth watching anymore, so we don't tend to see a lot. We did recently watch Forever Strong. It was really great. I am so impressed with that coach. Can you imagine if all coaches expected that much out of his players?

Finally, I wanted to make my own recommendation to see the movie Up! Many of you with young children may have already seen it since it's the latest Disney / Pixar movie out, but even if you have no children to watch it with, I highly recommend you do. It has a wonderful message (something you don't find in many popular mainstream movies anymore). I found myself crying multiple times (but part of that was being pregnant I am sure, but it really is touching).

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Thanks for the recommendation. My husband and I really enjoyed (???) this movie. It was hard to watch, but it was good.

Also, ditto to the Up recommendation as well. I took my boys to see it for the last day of school and it was great. It's so nice to see a cartoon movie with a good message. Most of them now are just silly and crude without a real message. I don't think my kids understood the message, lol, but I liked it.