20/20 mormon couple murder, visions. revlations, ect

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Spence
captain of 1,000

20/20 mormon couple murder, visions. revlations, ect

Post by Spence »

Just starting 20/20. It is on now 9pm MST. It is some mormons who appear to be RKY or AVOW followers. The husband was accused of killing the wife. Tune in, if you want ;)

Back with more once it finishes.

Edit: Or it could be not. Still crazy scenario...

Spence
captain of 1,000

Re: 20/20 mormon couple murder, visions. revlations, ect

Post by Spence »

Not avow, most likely, but a pretty bizarre case.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

:?:
Last edited by LukeAir2008 on April 23rd, 2009, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spence
captain of 1,000

Post by Spence »

LukeAir2008 wrote:Im not a subscriber to the AVOW internet site but I dont get the connection between that and being a murderer? :?
Nothing, just figured the teaser of visions and dreams and "speaking with god" sounded much like some of these prophetesses that some people often post predictions form. But it turns out it was a bit more tame than they made it sound. Other than the husband murdering the wife, semi-polygamist undertones, strange divorce, then remarriage, just overall bizarre. The kids seem to think their father did it, that is who I believe.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I am very familiar with this case Spence because my wife and I are the ones who took the Grants into our home after her fall at Timpanogis cave. They stayed with us for a couple days before returning back to AZ when Faylene was strong enough to travel.

Let me just say that the news program did not get all the facts completely straight and the kids were very influenced by a dishonest police detective who lied to our faces a couple of times when he finally came down to investigate this fall 4 years after this happened. This detective who showed up at my door unannounced was dishonest from the get go and was a major manipulator who tainted or lost evidence that would have been favorable to Doug in this case. He is one of those types that give police detectives a bad name with the way he manipulated this whole thing with little desire to find the truth in this whole bizzare affair.

Faylene was suicidal in her thought processes at that time and had been multiple times before this whole incident occured and felt that this world was just to cruel for her to continue to be a part of. Her actions both at the time of her fall and drowning and in letters she wrote to all her family many of which were not allowed to be fully disclosed in court to the jury were clear that her intent was to bring her family back together in reconciliation and then leave this trail of tears we call mortality and watch over them all in heaven. Her "visions" and revelations were coming from the wrong source telling her that it was okay to leave mortality because she was not meant to stay here in mortality any longer. That is how the adversary works with suicidally minded people.

Doug had his problems to be sure but the verdict of manslaughter came as a result of manipulation from an aggressive prosecutor and police detective who were dishonest and down right disgusting in their roles to pin blame and advance their careers. There is no question in my mind that Faylene tried to commit suicide on the mountain and when that failed she then finished the job in her bathtub.

The whole court thing was a joke because the judge and prosecutor continually squashed any ability for the jury to hear all the evidence that Faylene took her own life in this. Believe me their was a boatload of it much of which I have seen for myself. I feel bad for Doug and the children because they will suffer unjustly because of an out of control witchhunt to pin blame on someone for Faylenes suicide and Doug was a good scapegoat.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

Mark wrote:I am very familiar with this case Spence because my wife and I are the ones who took the Grants into our home after her fall at Timpanogis cave. They stayed with us for a couple days before returning back to AZ when Faylene was strong enough to travel.

Let me just say that the news program did not get all the facts completely straight and the kids were very influenced by a dishonest police detective who lied to our faces a couple of times when he finally came down to investigate this fall 4 years after this happened. This detective who showed up at my door unannounced was dishonest from the get go and was a major manipulator who tainted or lost evidence that would have been favorable to Doug in this case. He is one of those types that give police detectives a bad name with the way he manipulated this whole thing with little desire to find the truth in this whole bizzare affair.

Faylene was suicidal in her thought processes at that time and had been multiple times before this whole incident occured and felt that this world was just to cruel for her to continue to be a part of. Her actions both at the time of her fall and drowning and in letters she wrote to all her family many of which were not allowed to be fully disclosed in court to the jury were clear that her intent was to bring her family back together in reconciliation and then leave this trail of tears we call mortality and watch over them all in heaven. Her "visions" and revelations were coming from the wrong source telling her that it was okay to leave mortality because she was not meant to stay here in mortality any longer. That is how the adversary works with suicidally minded people.

Doug had his problems to be sure but the verdict of manslaughter came as a result of manipulation from an aggressive prosecutor and police detective who were dishonest and down right disgusting in their roles to pin blame and advance their careers. There is no question in my mind that Faylene tried to commit suicide on the mountain and when that failed she then finished the job in her bathtub.

The whole court thing was a joke because the judge and prosecutor continually squashed any ability for the jury to hear all the evidence that Faylene took her own life in this. Believe me their was a boatload of it much of which I have seen for myself. I feel bad for Doug and the children because they will suffer unjustly because of an out of control witchhunt to pin blame on someone for Faylenes suicide and Doug was a good scapegoat.

Unfortunately I am not surprised and I know there is not a shortage of dishonest detectives. It sounds like a tragic situation. How old are the children?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Mark, I appreciate your remarks. I watched the program last night and I felt it was pretty biased. The reporter seemed to delight in making Mormons seem strange. This whole story is tragic. If the husband is truly innocent, I hope he can have a fair appeal.

Spence
captain of 1,000

Post by Spence »

kathyn wrote:Mark, I appreciate your remarks. I watched the program last night and I felt it was pretty biased. The reporter seemed to delight in making Mormons seem strange. This whole story is tragic. If the husband is truly innocent, I hope he can have a fair appeal.
I share the thanks for Mark. So was that your wife on the stand?

I got the impression that this is the start of the media indoctrination to hate mormons, hate guns, etc. As a mormon, the only thing that sounded strange was the whole remarriage, relationship with that 19 year old girl.

I don't know if he did it. It is kind of odd for a jury to be split on murder 1, murder 2, then suddenly agree on manslaughter. What the heck? If he is guilty of manslaughter why not murder? That struck me as totally odd. But then they had the kids come on, whom the daughter looks to be an angel, and say their dad did it without a shadow of a doubt in their mind. That was convincing. But I guess they were young? And probably impressionable as Mark said.

The accused murder and his new wife, to me appeared to be good people and I pretty much believed them up until that point, despite it being odd and despite their own faults. But it appeared they had repented of that, in my opinion. And I didn't really see murder in his eyes. Still, it was totally strange how things went down.

Personally that verdict is the most strange of all, hung jury on murder 1 & 2, then guilty on Manslaughter? What they hay?

But I did think 20/20 was just the start of a push to try to paint mormon's as strange.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

That was her Spence. She cringed when she saw that. We just finished getting off a red eye flight from Hawaii and she was exhausted going on very little sleep.

She took care of Faylene at times when she was at the house for those couple days after her fall.

The prosecutors tried to paint a picture throughout the investigation that Doug had tried to kill her on the mountain but that was a bunch of bunk.

Faylene told us that she just slipped but all evidence points to an attempted suicide.

She even wrote all her family members prior to that trip and left the letters for them expressing her goodbyes telling each what she wanted them to have of hers because she knew she was going to die soon.

She even laid out her temple clothes for family to find before they left town for heavens sake.

She would have been successful but hit a big tree on the way down and it caught her from hitting the ground full force.

Faylenes family had a great dislike for Doug because of Dougs past indiscretions and they had pushed the detective to get this murder conviction to get revenge on him. Her older children were discredited on the stand for changing their stories from prior testimony to the grand jury and detectives.

The jury could not agree on a first degree or second degree conviction so the judge just gave them the manslaughter option. They convicted him of that because basically they didn't like what he had done in these past indescretions. They did not have hard evidence to convict but didn't want to go away with nothing after spending 3 months on this case. Which by the way the prosecution was given 2 and a half months to try and prove their case and the defense got 8 days. It was a joke of a trial.

Spence
captain of 1,000

Post by Spence »

Your version of events makes pretty good sense. I don't think it was a coincidence that this aired on the anniversary of the FLDS raid and the eve of General Conference.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I am usually very supportive of law enforcement and the justice system but after witnessing all the indiscretions and improprieties and outright lies first hand in this case I can say with full confidence that breakdowns with the integrity of the system do happen. The Doug Grant case is one such breakdown.

Spence
captain of 1,000

Post by Spence »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4885833865

When I first saw this video, I was skeptical, still ever so trusting of law enforcement. That was probably 1 year or so ago. Now I know better about my 5th amendment rights.

I also think you are probably right about the couple being deceived by counterfeit signals. I would assume her temple experience it too sacred so they didn't share details with 20/20 unless they just chose not to air it.

Just unfortunate the selfish actions of the husband that eventually led to this path. Hopefully he is truly repentant and there can be some reconciliation in heaven.

What is even more tragic is the destruction of their eternal family with the children abandoning the father. The daughter seemed to be very close to the Lord, hopefully someday she will be able to forgive her father.

It serves as an example of just how crafty Satan can be and to keep your armor of god on at all times.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

You make a great point Spence. This would never have gotten to the point it did had Doug been willing to shun the temptations of the flesh and live according to the covenants he had made. He was making somes steps in the repentence process but the damage had been done and vengence was exacted upon his past mistakes by placing blame on him for Faylenes actions. The jury convicted Doug of something because they thought he was a scuz bag because of his improprieties of the past. When we sin we may find that other areas of our lives become muddled and complicated even in areas where we may not share blame or responsibility. It is best to not get tangled up in sin in the first place to avoid heartache and continuing repurcussions from our indiscretions. The older children were from a different father BTW. Doug was their step father. Faylenes family refuses to acknowledge the fact that she wanted to commit suicide and took the opportunity to do so at the time of her choosing. They know good and well that this was the case but want to punish Doug for his past mistakes. It is all a sad lose lose situation.