Why we fight

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
ChelC
The Law

Why we fight

Post by ChelC »

I just typed this up and my baby came and pushed something and it was gone, here I go again!

Has anyone watched this documentary? I found it to be very well done, and recommend it to anyone who is willing to question the governments motive's for war. There isn't much surprising information in it, but it was good. I learned one thing I didn't know, and that is how they will take old intelligence, grouped with new intelligence, and sometimes flat out lies together on a bullet point presentation to make the case to the people. In Iraq the intelligence they had about Saddam purchasing and attempting to enrich uranium, was actually intelligence from something like twelve years prior. They group that info together with flat out lies to get us to go. They used fear to get us in, and they're using guilt to keep us there.

cboyack
captain of 100

Post by cboyack »

I loved it, bought it, shared it, and blogged about it:

http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/why-we-fight

:)

Ferreiro
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Why we fight

Post by Ferreiro »

Don't mean to dig up an old topic, but I just saw this film last week. I agree with most of what it said.

I worked for a large defense contractor for a number of years and saw first hand the tactic of convincing the govt that it has a new need that it was just not aware of [whose solution is
conveniently met by this contractor].
Another contractor tactic is to push the govt to agree to foreign military sales, then go back to the US military and exclaim, 'you aren't 2 steps ahead of this and that nation anymore [because they just bought that contractor's product], time for some new equipment!'

I'm all for a strong defense, but it was sickening to see the military, congress and defense contractors pushing for new and very expensive, but not necessary equipment.

preparednesspro
captain of 100

Post by preparednesspro »

Yes, I watched Why We Fight as well and felt it was very eye opening. It's been a couple years now since I've seen it, but was well worth the time. Found it online recently for a good price.

jonnybreeves
captain of 100

Post by jonnybreeves »

Very good documentary on the military industrial complex. This documentary helped open my eyes (years ago) to the fact that the War on Terror was a fraud.