THE GRIM SHADOW: A Modern-Day Fable

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
lumberjacksdaughter
captain of 50

THE GRIM SHADOW: A Modern-Day Fable

Post by lumberjacksdaughter »

I actively campaigned for Pat Buchanan for President back in 2000. After the election, I wrote THE GRIM SHADOW: A Modern-Day Fable as a gift for him and as a sort of therapy to help restore my equilibrium and regain my sanity. It's political/social satire. I have learned so much more since I wrote that book. Guess I need to write a sequel and dedicate it this time to Ron Paul.

In The Dimension of Barbarik there are six Clans: The True Believers, The Idealists, The Power Hungry, The Skeptics, The Indifferent and The Truly Persecuted. Nanah Cub is a True Believer with a promise seared into his heart's memory - he will be there to greet Tare Ree upon her entrance into Barbarik. Meanwhile, The Executioner has been patiently lurking in the grim shadow that has crept insidiously over the land, making it a race against time to see who gets to Tare Ree first. A story packed full of action, suspense, betrayal, terrorism and a dubious political election, The Grim Shadow is at its core a parable of courage, loyalty and love.
http://www.thegrimshadow.com

Here is an excerpt: ...So that is how it came to be that Nanah Cub was sent to The Dimension of Barbarik to be tested within the mantle of a physical body without his Tare Ree. But before he left he made her a solemn oath. He would spend his whole Life in search of Clues, enough to allow him to discover the exact time and place of her arrival. With all memory of their time together erased he would still somehow remember and he promised that he would be there to greet her upon her own entry into The Dimension of Barbarik. He was gazing deep into Tare Ree's eyes even as his spirit was fading away from The Dimension of Souls, sealing the promise he had made to her into his heart's memory forever.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: THE GRIM SHADOW: A Modern-Day Fable

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Sounds great. :)

lumberjacksdaughter
captain of 50

Re: THE GRIM SHADOW: A Modern-Day Fable

Post by lumberjacksdaughter »

I no longer have thegrimshadow.com domain name but you can still check out the book website by going to http://www.lumberjacksdaughter.com Just click on the "little book, BIG STORY, The Ultimate Allegory" banner.