"Awakening To Our Awful Situation"

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

""Awakening To Our Awful Situation" by Jack Monnett, Phd and publisher of early historical documents, is a wake up call to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS). The uniquely Mormon scripture (The Book of Mormon) contains several strong warnings by ancient American prophets (who came to America in ships to avoid the destruction of Jerusalem) about secret combinations and Satan-revealed and directed conspiracies. In particular, several of these early prophets saw in vision "Gentiles" from across the "great sea" settling in the Americas, driving the Indians before them and becoming the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth. But this last compiler of the records said he also saw that Satan would reveal his ancient secret covenants among evil men in America and establish a conspiracy to take away the American gentiles' liberty. He saw that conspiracy secretly invade and control the American government and issued a strong warning to those who may someday read his words, not to let it happen. Well, it is happening and it's time to wake up the nation.

"In the opinion of some, including myself, Mormons have been so preoccupied in the past and present with trying to become acceptable to the establishment world--having suffered severe persecution in the 1800s--that they have neglected or downplayed these particular scriptural warnings as they bend over backwards trying to moderate, middle-of-road "faithful citizens" and please the government. Originally, when government was faithful to the constitution, this was a good thing. Now it keeps most Mormons believing in political salvation through the Republican party, a veritable wolf in sheep's clothing (at the national level).

"Monnett's book seeks to awake LDS conservative Christians to the awful situation we face in this nation, much as Pastor Chuck Baldwin is doing for the evangelical Christian movement. Even non Mormons would find this a fascinating book. At Jack's request, I wrote the forward to the book about the difficulty Christians have in seeing through benign looking deceptions, which is an interesting read in and of itself. The cost is only $12.95 plus shipping and contains a two-hour DVD presentation by physicist Dr. Steven Jones on the evidence that the WTC came down by demolition. That's a real bargain. The book is coming soon to Amazon.com but, in the meantime, Utah subscribers can get copies at Sam Weller's Zion Bookstore or Benchmark Books in Salt Lake City. In Utah County they can go to Pioneer Books in Provo, Reams in Springville, or Confetti Books in Spanish Fork. For subscribers elsewhere, call the author and order direct at (435)-785-8090 or email at jack@monnettbooks.com. "

The above written by Joel Skousen, publisher of "World Affairs Brief". I bought the book yesterday and find it not only difficult to put down, but very informative and containing explanations that will be helpful to me in my efforts to awaken other LDSs I associate with.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Sounds very interesting. I wonder though if the WTC video will be off putting to some people. I know many who would immediately prejudge the book simply because it came with the Steven Jones video.

Let us know when you finish it what it's like.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I finished my first reading of the book and found nothing I could challenge on the basis of my understanding of our "awful situation". But if only 1/2 of what Jack Monnett presents is true, we are still in one "awful situation".

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

Lundbaek,

Back to the recurring question--is there anything we can do even if a large majority did "awake"?

Are there any recommendations from the book that you could share?

I've mentioned this before that I'm thankful that for whatever reason I have been "awakened", but I continually am frustrated in that I can't seem to help "awaken" others. So I continue to think instead that maybe my time is better spent in preparation for the calamaties, instead of hoping that others will awake beforetime.

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

I think this author also wrote "Revealed Educational Principles & the Public Schools" which is an excellent history of church and public education in the church.

As for the Steven Jones DVD's, I say good for them. I think its a stretch to consider that there are political secret combinations out there, but that there couldn't be any for 911. I'm also glad to hear that Monnett, Skousen, and Jones are on the same page. It's nice that there is some unity in the LDS resistance to what's going on.

lundbaek, would you consider writing a review on Amazon?
Amazon link to book

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

To JD's questions.

Awakening a larger number of LDS would hopefully (1.) get more people more interested in their personal and family preparedness, (2.) get more people awakening more additional people, (3.) get more support for candidates for elected office who espouse constitutional principles. On the down side, a larger group like us might draw undesirable and vengeful attention to the Church.

Jack Monnett does not make any significant recommendations in his book, and so stated at one point. My own thought on this is that your preparations probably need to quite different in many ways from ours because of our different situations and because your future will likely be different from ours. The author makes it clear that his purpose is to identify the problems but not to solve them or suggest solutions. I believe he rightfully leaves the action decisions to us individuals.

I understand the temptation to forget about the seeming lost cause of trying to awaken others, and about 3x a week I decide to adopt that course of action. Yet I continue to feel driven to try to warn others, and keep hammering away at it.

John Adams
captain of 1,000

Post by John Adams »

lundbaek wrote: I believe he rightfully leaves the action decisions to us individuals.
I guess that's the way it should be, but it's sad that a big reason why many people won't awake is that they don't want to face the responsibility of "acting".

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

Well, what is their incentive? Is what we consider the incentive viewed as such by them? Can we change the fundamental way that they view it? Can we add value to awakening?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

What is the incentive?

Post by lundbaek »

A good question. What incentive does the typical active LDS have to take a close look at our "awful situation"? I never bothered, even after having had discussions about it with W. Cleon Skousen and a few others associated with the old Freeman Institute during its start-up in 1971 - 1972. Not until it got personal. And even then I was on again off again for many years as I dealt with the challenges of family, job, Church callings, etc.

I remember the lack of response previous Prophets got to their wake-up calls.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

What amazes me is that we know we're in the latter of the latter days - most anyone will agree with that. We know that things are going to get ugly, but we sit on that information. Is it because we don't really believe it, or is it because we think we'll get further sets of warnings through the church when they really mean it? I'm guilty, I always talked about food storage and fully intended to get it... eventually. It was always on the back burner. Now my attitude is different, but it took a good smack in the face - and even with a daily smack, my priorities are still off from where they should be. We need to start smacking some faces. The soft music alarm hasn't awakened very many. The alarm keeps getting louder, with little response. I think it's time to pull out the foghorns.

Like the childrens song, the words are something like this:
Noah was a prophet called to preach the word
Tried to cry repentance but nobody heard
They were busy sinning, Noah preached in vain
They wished they had listened when the saw the rain

I'm a straggler, I listened a little, but didn't take it seriously. Fortunately I paid enough attention that I smelled the rain, and now I hope to prepare in time for the storm. Let's start wafting the rain scent under some more noses and hope for the best.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think if we pull out the foghorns we will be told to shut up by our local leaders. I've tried to find ways to blow the foghorn, and at the moment aat least, I think we will have to spread the word one-on-one, one at a time. Making known my support of the CP has afforded me some opportunity in that direction.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Maybe we need to study up on some historical underground resistance movements!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think the best resistance we can put together is to follow the Church preparedness programs so as to be as independent as possible from the LDGs when they turn up the heat a lot more than they have thus far. And I think the more people who can be more independent from them, the better off we all will be. And that's my main reason for trying to promote awareness of oour "awful situation".

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

"follow the Church preparedness programs"

I think I know what you mean. I'm pretty sure you don't mean the block captain thing I have been conerned about. But since right now that is the church program in my area, we might have to be more specific.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The block watch or block captain program is part of the Church preparedness program in some areas. More universal are spiritual preparedness, food and other provisions storage programs, the get out of debt programs, etc. What I'm really getting at is that the Lord has told us thru our current prophet what we need to focus on as a church. Individually, there probably are additonal things each of us as individuals or families should focus on, which will be different to varying degrees for each family.

creator
(of the Forum)

Steven Jones

Post by creator »

HS Advocate, Jack D. Monnett and BYU Prof Steven E. Jones to speak in SLC
Thursday, Dec 28, 2006, 7pm to 9pm
Cottonwood Mall (Lower Level - under Pendleton's) , 4835 S Highland Drive,
Holladay; Enter mall through 2nd entry door on North or left side of
mall.

Jack Monnett will discuss his recent book: "Awakening to Our Awful
Situation". Bring questions for Prof. Jones, as contractual obligations
with BYU allows him Q&A time only regarding his 9/11 involvement.

BIO: JACK D. MONNETT –
John (Jack) D. Monnett holds degrees in education from Brigham Young University and a PhD in the Historical Foundations of Education from the
University of Utah. Monnett has taught in the LDS Church Education
System as well as in public schools. He is the founder of Archive
Publishers, which specializes in reprints of rare and out of print
writings from the early history of the church. Jack lives in Heber City, Utah and is the father of thirteen children. Bro. Monnett can be reached
at 435-785-8090.

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

I just started reading the book. I was glad to see the endorsements on the back. It does seem to be that LDS members gravitate to having largely the same viewpoints on these issues, once they break the denial barrier. Kind of comforting.

WhisperFox
captain of 100

Post by WhisperFox »

Pitch - "Maybe we need to study up on some historical underground resistance movements!"

Ever read about the "White Rose" in Germany trying to warn the people about the NAZI movement there prior to WWII? Interesting stuff.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

No, but I have a prompting and a thirst.

Thank you.

Actually, you have jogged my memory and I read a book recently that described this and several other movements that opposed the Hitler Youth. When I re-visit the library I will have to look at it again. For now I will delve into other resistance movements...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Last week I noticed a book in the SLC downtown Deseret Book Store entitled "Hübner vs. Hitler", a true story about a couple of LDS boys in Nazi Germany who tried to publicize the evils of the Hitler regime. The New American published an extensive article about the Hübner group a couple of years ago, but I cannot find it now.

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

I've got that book. My wife has read it but I haven't. I watched a DVD on Huebner, though. Made me feel a little ashamed at being so reluctant to stand for what is right, even if those in your ward and branch don't agree or are too timid to fight back. The DVD I have interviews one of the two other guys that helped Herbert in the resistance against the Nazis. He talked about seeing Herbert in jail and how he went to his execution. There are special places in heaven for guys like Herbert. 16 years old. Excommunicated by the branch president. One of them members of that branch had Jewish ancestors. There was a sign on the door of the chapel that said "no Jews." The guy on DVD said the guy of Jewish descent just sat outside and cried. He later died in a concentration camp.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I haven't kept track of details, but I have heard that some German LDSs who openly opposed Hitler & Co. were excommunicated from the church and later reinstated. It is my understanding that they were told to knock it off lest they bring persecution upon the church, and also that after the war some members criticized the LDS dissenters, giving making waves for the church as their reason. Frankly, I think if we were to talk in our wards/branches like we do here we would be muzzled also by our unit leaders for 2 reasons: (1.) creation of disunity among members, and (2.) incurring wrath of the LDGs.

In an article at: http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin337.htm Chuck Baldwin included the following 2 paragraphs:

"If you are a Christian, do your best to find a church where the pastor knows what is going on and is not afraid to teach and preach politically incorrect Bible truth. How far one might have to drive should not be a factor. Neither should denomination be a factor. Obviously, one cannot compromise fundamental convictions, but I would far rather worship in a church outside my denominational preference where the pastor was a bold and courageous champion of truth than stay in the denomination of my preference and sit under a milquetoast preacher. If one is not a Christian, he or she should become one and find this kind of church.

"Our country's problems are, first and foremost, spiritual in nature. Therefore, solutions will ultimately never be discovered inside the halls of Congress; rather, they will be found in the hearts and lives of God's people. "Judgment must begin at the house of God." If enough people would leave these panty-waist, compromising, entertainment-evangelism, prosperity-theology, "purpose-driven" social clubs and start supporting true tell-it-like-it-is men of God, we could see a genuine revival in America."

Years ago a few of our General Authorities spoke and wrote this powerfully. But it appears no longer expedient that we recieve such messages. I recommend reading the entire article.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

The book that we started reading (but did not finish) was about a boy that would hop several neighborhoods over to play with the German boys (as he was jewish but did not look it). He described it in terms of the youth and their zeal in the Hitler youth and it's operation. I'll have to get the title. Very fascinating. In the mean time i am perusing:

http://www.polishresistance-ak.org/Essays.htm

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

One of my best pals during my late teens and early twenties was an immigrant from Germany with his family who had been in the Hitler Youth during most of the war years. Later on when I was in university I did a term paper on the Hitler Youth and talked quite a bit about it with him and another German. My friend told me it was not taken all that seriously in his neighborhood, and served mostly as a social activity. He was aware that some HJ units engaged in military training, but he experienced virtually none.

ShineOn
captain of 100

Post by ShineOn »

Hitler Youth served as a screening process. The ones that could be useful to the Reich were noticed and moved up. There are some organizations in the US that are like that. A lot of people witness virtually nothing bad, but they aren't the ones that are demostrating the valuable behaviors and moral code.