It's a Wonderful Life

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Spence
captain of 1,000

It's a Wonderful Life

Post by Spence »

NBC had it's annual showing of the Christmas classic this evening. I love that show. However, this year I began to watch it with a bit different perspective.

After knowing what the powerful bankers did back during this time to squash the smaller bankers, creating artificial bank runs, calling in loans, etc. Basically creating a depression and putting out of work 25,000 banks leaving just a large few, robbing Americans of their deposited money. You can't help but watch this show with a little bit different perspective. Seeing Mr. Potter try to take out Bailey's Bank and Loan, trying to cause a run on the bank at a vulnerable time, proposing to back half of town's peoples deposits if they only switch to his bank. But through the goodness of George, he was able to be the lone holdouts from Mr. Potters complete take over of the town.

If you haven't seen it since you have 'awaken' I would highly recommend it.

There certainly is the opportunity to make George Bailey a viral icon in the End the Fed movement. Perhaps from more creative minds than my own.