Do you really want the rest of the Book of Mormon?

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Do you really want the rest of the Book of Mormon?

Post by WYp8riot »

Excerpt from Church news Jan 13 2001 Church counseled:
Don't treat lightly the Book of Mormon "Do we remember the new covenant?"

......admonition to Church at large not to treatr lightly the Book of Mormon.

.....In 1832..... (look up for entire text)

........Not only had treating this sacreed book lightly brought a loss of light to themselves, it had also brought the whole church under condemnation, even all the children of Zion. And then the Lord said, 'And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon. (D&C 84: 54-57.)

...are we under any less condemnation if we do the same? The Lord himself bears testimony that it is of eternal significance.

Additional Exerpts from the book Do you really want the rest of the book of mormon?
P1 DO You Really Want the Rest of the Book of Mormon?

Have you ever wondered what was in the part of the Book of Mormon which Moroni was not allowed to include in the gold plates? Does it bother you that the Church was invited to become worthy to recieve the rest of the Book of Mormon 168 years ago but it still hasn't happened?

....we only have a "lesser part" of the Book of Mormon.

P2 We have reason to believe that an important part of the "greater things" includes a complete manual of instruction on the procedure for setting up an ideal Zion Society.

I believe there is great validity to the above info and statements along with others in the book. First the church has never been lifted from the condemnation, second we obviously do not have the greater part, third it would make sense that because we (church as a whole) treat it lightly and dont even follow the comandments regarding upholding the constitution (primary level of principles of good government) , how can we ever expect to recieve the rest of the Book of Mormon which would have the "greater things" such as a blueprint for a Zion Society

gruden
captain of 1,000

Re: Do you really want the rest of the Book of Mormon?

Post by gruden »

I believe a chunk of the sealed portion includes many details of the 4 generations of righteous Nephites after the Savior's appearance. They were so righteous that even Heavenly Father led them. Add in some more details of the Jaredites and revelations from people like Nephi and that would make great reading.

I've asked to be able to read it. I guess we're all stuck waiting for the bulk of the church membership.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I have fasted with many others that it may come forth. I am thinking that it will be after a little house cleaning.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

I'm with Proud. I hunger and thirst like in a feast for the coming forth of the 2/3rds as it will be revolutionary. ALL things from the begiining of the earth until the end. How exciting.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

Proud 2b Peculiar wrote:I have fasted with many others that it may come forth. I am thinking that it will be after a little house cleaning.
Like I said, we're stuck waiting until everyone else is ready. ;-)

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I am at fault, I fear. I've read the Book of Mormon many times and have taught it in Gospel Doctrine twice, yet I don't think I read it as steadily and prayerfully as I should. (In fact, I know I don't.) Having said that, it would be so marvelous to have that scripture. I believe it is very relevant information for these last days. And I also agree that it probably contains many great things that happened after the Lord came to the people after His crucifixion. It would detail the perfect Zion society. And that's something we very much need to know.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I am at fault, I fear. I've read the Book of Mormon many times and have taught it in Gospel Doctrine twice, yet I don't think I read it as steadily and prayerfully as I should. (In fact, I know I don't.) Having said that, it would be so marvelous to have that scripture. I believe it is very relevant information for these last days. And I also agree that it probably contains many great things that happened after the Lord came to the people after His crucifixion. It would detail the perfect Zion society. And that's something we very much need to know.

The above remarks were from me...not ndjili. (My daughter had logged in previously and I didn't notice.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

We, myself included, have enough responsiblities that we are not living up to that I don't think we need any more at this time.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

We, myself included, have enough responsiblities that we are not living up to that I don't think we need any more at this time.
Personally, I believe that whether we are ready for more responsibility or not, the Lord has other plans. I think we've just begun to enter real times of trial and tribulation and I would love all of the guidance I can get, because a lot is going to be expected of the faithful members of the Church and we are going to need every bit of help the Lord is willing to give us. This is where Faith comes in. :roll:
Last edited by kathyn on January 2nd, 2009, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I love you ma. I'm grateful to be able to use your internet. Um not quite sure that I quite agree with lundbaeks comment or attitude. Imagine how things would be if Joseph Smith said that to God when asked to translate what we have in the Book of Mormon now. Were there not alot of godly laws to live by already in the Bible? Were not the people having a hard time living those laws when we as a people were given the Book of Mormon. Was it not hard to live by the laws in both the Bible and Book of Mormon without being given the laws in the D&C and the Word of Wisdom. As we become more wicked as a people (the people of earth right now that is) doesnt it become more important to learn more of what God wants from us to help in our salvation?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I don't agree with Lundbæk's attitude either. He just wanted to express the opinion that we ain't doing all that well with what we have. How are we as a church doing with such gospel principles as charity, consecration, contributions, genealogy/family history, the sabbath, debt, judging others, the complete word of wisdom, supporting the US Constitution, prayer, etc.?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I don't agree with Lundbæk's attitude either. He just wanted to express the opinion that we ain't doing all that well with what we have. How are we as a church doing with such gospel principles as charity, consecration, contributions, genealogy/family history, the sabbath, debt, judging others, the complete word of wisdom, supporting the US Constitution, prayer, etc.
You're a good soul, Lundbaek. :) You are right.. the Church as a whole has a ways to go. But how long will the Lord stay his hand before he must move forward? It's up to us, as members, to get going. For me, I have to remember that to everything there is a season. Each of us is in different seasons and hopefully we are doing the best we can right now with our stewardships.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

kathyn wrote:
I don't agree with Lundbæk's attitude either. He just wanted to express the opinion that we ain't doing all that well with what we have. How are we as a church doing with such gospel principles as charity, consecration, contributions, genealogy/family history, the sabbath, debt, judging others, the complete word of wisdom, supporting the US Constitution, prayer, etc.
You're a good soul, Lundbaek. :) You are right.. the Church as a whole has a ways to go. But how long will the Lord stay his hand before he must move forward? It's up to us, as members, to get going. For me, I have to remember that to everything there is a season. Each of us is in different seasons and hopefully we are doing the best we can right now with our stewardships.

LOL funny Ralph.

It is the fact that we cant accept simple laws that we are given more. We didnt accept the Law of Consecration and were given more. We as citizens didnt support the simple Rule of Gods Law and The Rule of Law under the constitution, so we are given more laws. We are becoming prisoners of our own devices.
Not unlike trying to eat a diet of convenience foods and violating the words of wisdom in any form. We cant cheat nature or natures God. Or in Steven Coveys words, we cant break the Law, we only break ourselves against it.

-Paul

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Yes, I think after the church has gone through a narrow dark tunnel for awhile and it's people are purified from that terrifying and painful process will we be ready for more. Because of the very fact that we live in babylon means that we cannot see very clearly to become a zion people. We are largely blinded by our worldly surroundings. Our comforts and prosperity will have to be taken before we will really humble ourselves and turn our hearts "fully" to the Lord. Happily, that day is right around the corner.

Zion or Bust! :D

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Is this what's in the sealed portion of the plates? What do all of you think?

Ether 4:4-7

4 Behold, I have written upon these plates the avery things which the brother of Jared saw; and there never were bgreater things made manifest than those which were made manifest unto the brother of Jared.
5 Wherefore the Lord hath commanded me to write them; and I have written them. And he commanded me that I should aseal them up; and he also hath commanded that I should seal up the interpretation thereof; wherefore I have sealed up the binterpreters, according to the commandment of the Lord.
6 For the Lord said unto me: They shall not go forth unto the Gentiles untilthe day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.
7 And in that day that they shall exercise afaith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become bsanctified in me, then will I cmanifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my drevelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the eFather of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.

reidbump
captain of 100

Post by reidbump »

Do we need it? Seems to me that once we are reading the Book of Mormon and implementing its principles in our lives (i.e., charity) we will be at a point where we don't need it any more.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

I think it would be wonderful to get the sealed portion. However, I think we will have to go through the cleansing of the church before that happens. After the cleansing, perhaps we will be worthy to have it, and receive the help and inspiration to become a Zion people. We have a long way to go before then.

Believer