Book club: discuss The Last Days by Gileadi

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Book club: discuss The Last Days by Gileadi

Post by OCDMOM »

Does anyone want to join in and read Avraham Gileadi's book The Last Days? People could talk about what we learn and questions about points in the book. The foreword is by Hugh Nibley and he says the book should be titled What You Always Wanted to Know About The Gospel But Were To Lazy To Find Out. If anyone wants to join we can discuss the Foreword section of the book this week. If nobody replies then I will see that nobody is interested.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Book club: discuss The Last Days by Gileadi

Post by Lizzy60 »

I am interested. I read it some time ago, and I would enjoy studying it again.
Thanks!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I am interested. I will need to purchase the book first. I am a great fan of his.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I am interested read it years ago, or was that understanding Isaiah...there was a story about Sister Hinckley, she called her daughter and was asking her how she liked conference, the daughter sighed and said "you know I loved it but with the kids and all if you were to ask me what it was about I am afraid I couldn't say", Sister Hinckley laughed and said" that's alright you don't need to remember, it just becomes a part of you.. I believe that" , as we are a sum of our experiences ...so I would love to re-read it and remember it...

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Brilliant idea.
I would love to do this, but time is a major constraint.
If I'm not able to read along, I'll certainly follow the discussion.
Gileadi is excellent, and the only author I have read who understands and explains our collective role as "gentiles", while also acknowledging our individual Israelite lineage.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Perhaps I could get the book from the library, but right now I have 4 out, and one more that I must pick up.
Then I'll be interested.
No idea how long it will take me on these 4 books.
dc

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Check the library and get your books. We will read the Foreword by Hugh Nibley this week and talk about it on Sunday.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I've read it and it's pretty good. I enjoyed Isaiah Decoded much more. My 2 cents.