Recommendations wanted--versions of various Apocrypha

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Recommendations wanted--versions of various Apocrypha

Post by Desert Roses »

My husband and I want to look at some of the Apocryphal writings, including the Nag Hammadi, Enoch, and Pistis Sophia. We're not very familiar with these works, so I'd like to hear what others have to suggest as to which editors, editions, translations etc., have been most readable and helpful.

Thanks!

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Recommendations wanted--versions of various Apocrypha

Post by Zathura »

I once read one about Abraham and Melchezidek, it had something to do with vases. I can't remember the name of it. I think it was titled 11q13 from one of the dead sea scroll caves.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

I found it on this blog. the blog is portuguese but the whole transcript is english.

http://defendendoaverdade.blogspot.com/ ... salem.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read it, the whole thing. you'll enjoy it because it contains pure truth.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Whoso is enlightened by the spirit may obtain benefit therefrom, if you are enlightened by the spirit, my advice is to read them all, every single one you can find.♡

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Desert Roses

I would start with the Book of Jasher as it is the oldest and has knowledge of things not contained in the Bible but brings enlightenment on history and common believes many hold true.

I like the Ascensions of Isaiah. Though they were not written by him, as it speaks of his death and the manner of how he died. But more importantly, it speaks of the coming of the end time anti-Christ and from where.

In the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Temple scroll is very interesting and other scrolls that contain some of the purification and communal rules they lived by.

I would read the King James Apocrypha for sure, as they were books that they chose to not include but were considered. There are a few gems in there like the traveling northward of the Ten Tribes, and how long they journeyed.

If you really want to have your eye lids stretched open :) Look up El Shaddi Ministries dot us and listen to the archive lessons of the Aleph Beth (Alphabet). He is a Messianic so he believes and teaches of the Messiah (Jesus for those who like the Greek words).

He will point out things in the Torah and Tanakh that with open whole new understandings that the Old Testament taught the plan of Salvation from the very beginning!

Shalom

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Desert Roses wrote: December 30th, 2015, 3:25 pm My husband and I want to look at some of the Apocryphal writings, including the Nag Hammadi, Enoch, and Pistis Sophia.
These are not in the KJV or Eastern Orthodox Apocrypha although they are arguably apocryphal. Pseudepigrapha works better here.

Thread on the Book of Enoch here:
viewtopic.php?t=69577

A more general thread on the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha here
viewtopic.php?t=61165

Another one of my apocrypha posts in which I deal with a number of works. This one is on the Restored Branch, an English LDS microsect and its canon which includes works such as the Nag Hammadi and Gnostic texts: these are the Gospel of Peter, the Gospel of Mary, the Gospel of Thomas, the Gospel of Phillip, the Gospel of Truth (sic), the Letter of the Apostle Paul, the Sophia (Wisdom) of Jesus the Christ, the Acts of Peter and the Twelve Apostles and the Letter of Peter which he sent to Philip.
viewtopic.php?t=70413

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I wonder if bom is pseudo apocrypha to the orthodox christians