Best Fiction to help Awaken

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
rindee
captain of 10

Best Fiction to help Awaken

Post by rindee »

I know there are some that might think I'm crazy if I were to recommend they read any non-fiction book that might question how things "are". Although, I know there are authors that have used fiction to illustrate a political point (although I haven't read either of them: Animal Farm, 1984, etc.) These people might be more likely to read a fictional story that might open their minds to situations that they haven't yet considered.

Do any of you have any fiction book recommendations that might inspire real thought as to our situation whether it be religious, political, or economical?

Thanks!

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Best Fiction to help Awaken

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

I think it is Atlas Shrugged, not sure tho... The one that has Who is John Galt? That one made me think.

1984 is a favorite of mine.

Animal farm scared me, but it has been years since I read it in 6th grade.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

The Shell Game by Steve Alten. But 1984 is probably a better big-picture book.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

My 2nd favorite fictional book, "1984" being my fave of course, would have to be "Brave New World", a 1932 novel by Aldous Huxley.

It has so many parallels that are eerily similar to what we have today and what we are going towards as far as reproductive technology, biological engineering, government mandated drugs and vaccines, and taking out God and family in our goverment controlled schools.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

"The Great and the Terrible" is a series of books by Chris Stewart. The first book starts in the pre-existance, and the following books are just a little past our time period. It is great reading, is centered on prophecy, with fictional characters..

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

I love Utopia / Dystopia books. 1984 is one of my favorites too. On top of what's already been said, I would suggest Fahrenheit 451 and The Giver. In fact, The Giver is probably my favorite fiction book of all time. It's by Lois Lowry and is a children's novel, so it can be read and understood on lots of levels. However, its message is extremely poignant and relevant, especially when considering how important agency and the mortal experience is.

A note on A Brave New World... when I first "woke up" I would watch all sorts of different YouTube videos dealing with conspiracies, the NWO, etc. One of them talked about Eugenics and how that is a large part of end game. Supposedly, the Huxley family was very into Eugenics and the idea of breeding people into social strati so they wouldn't revolt against the higher classes, the Huxley family being one such family that would be in an upper echelon. The video had a quote by Aldous Huxley saying he wrote A Brave New World to reflect the society his family and others were actually striving to achieve. I never followed up, and I know you have to take a lot of this info with a grain of salt, so I don't know how accurate that information really is. However, it is something interesting to think about.

jbillin4
captain of 50

Post by jbillin4 »

I agree with the other users on Fahrenheit 451 and 1984. George Orwell had some very thought-provoking ideas such as what he calls "double-think" and "newspeak," and also how continual war allows "The Party" to maintain power. I would also recommend Plato's Allegory of the Cave, excepted from his larger work, The Republic; the Allegory illustrates how we may think we know our world around us, but really we know almost nothing.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Millennial glory series By Wendie Edwards is a great read. It is LDS. She takes you through a wild last-days scenario. Twist and turns fill with gospel lessons. One thing cool about her books are at the end of each chapter she does a page or two of footnotes. So you can see where she got all her ideas. GA’s talks, scriptures, quotes for talks at the UN you can spend hour poring over the data and it gives you eye opening information. She covers all kinds of incredible ideas of possible future events, some out there but still teach a real point and others really right on. It is a fun read. It is very up lifting it is about a family making it through the last days and all the fascinating things that happen to them…edge of your seat good time. Just read the reviews on Amazon or Deseret Books.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Green Eggs and Ham.
Sometimes the nasty looking things can be a blessing. It can be easy to be deceived.