Lone Survivor

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Spence
captain of 1,000

Lone Survivor

Post by Spence »

I am finishing up this book and I must say it was a spectacular homage for all the men in uniform do for this country.

It is about the failed Operation Redwing, the most tragic loss of life in US Special Forces history. Marcus Luttrell is the author and lone survivor of the activities of that day. The first half of the book is dedicated to his childhood. his training as a Navy SEAL and his family. The second half is a description of his time in Afghanistan and the mission which cost his teammates lives.

While it at time can be riddled with profanities and frequent F-Bombs in certain chapters it really is a great book. It shows the heroism of these 4 Navy SEALs. He also offers his perspective as a Christian. While I don't want to ruin the book, on that day the Holy Ghost whispered to him many times. While obeying some of the promptings, it is unfortunate that unlike Mormons with the fullness of the gospel, he was unable to recognize some of those feelings for what they were.

He also has a conservative slant and takes offense with what he describes as "the liberal media". It will also give you a sense of how evil these terrorists really are.

If you are looking for a patriotic, heartwarming, at times tearjerking and perhaps faith building read I would recommend this book whole heartedly.

natasha
captain of 1,000

Re: Lone Survivor

Post by natasha »

Spence....is the title of the book "Operation Redwing"? Sounds like one I would like to read.

jnjnelson
captain of 100

Re: Lone Survivor

Post by jnjnelson »

natasha wrote:Spence....is the title of the book "Operation Redwing"? Sounds like one I would like to read.
Sorry to cut in, but I can answer this one: The title of the book is Lone Survivor, or Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10.