Visions of Glory - As told to John Pontius

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Visions of Glory - As told to John Pontius

Post by Zathura »

I do believe that Spencer saw what he saw. But I don’t believe it should always be interpreted as literal, or even prophetic, for anyone but Spencer himself. Anyone else who reads must interpret how or even if it applies to them. I think it should be prayerfully studied and compared to scripture, your own understanding, and your faith, and then left to Jesus Christ Himself to reveal to you your own journey to Zion. Anyone who has studied the latter days, the Second Coming, or the building of Zion in scripture will quickly admit that it is hard to interpret, and most of it is given as a metaphor or type of things to come, rather than as specific and actual events to watch for. I wouldn’t expect Spencer’s visions to be any different. My answer will also be that I don’t know what it should mean to you, or to anyone else who reads it. Spencer will readily admit that he doesn’t know what every part of it means to even him still. Some things that for years he has interpreted as being literal, have recently revealed themselves to be metaphorical, and the other way around. All he really knows is that for whatever reason, he saw what he saw, and the Lord has given him permission after all these years to share it with us. -visions of glory

Like I said, spencer and John put and asterisk on it. They admit they don't know what's literal or symbolic

. All they know is They felt The Spirit of truth as they wrote these things down and that it was Gods will that they write it.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

durangout wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I picked up my copy of VoG the other day; the first time since I read it more than a year ago.
I opened it randomly and began to read. I was stunned at the nonsense I was reading. A number of things jumped out at me that I hadn't noticed previously.
This has prompted me to go through the book really thoroughly and list all of the issues, contradictions, and false teachings. I will post them here when I've finished.

Wait a sec..are you saying you don't believe a guy with "3 advanced degrees" would be stupid enough to go to Mexico to have 3 jaw / cheek bone / eye socket / cancer surgeries? ;)
A poor one. As he said isn't the book.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

zionminded wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I picked up my copy of VoG the other day; the first time since I read it more than a year ago.
I opened it randomly and began to read. I was stunned at the nonsense I was reading. A number of things jumped out at me that I hadn't noticed previously.
This has prompted me to go through the book really thoroughly and list all of the issues, contradictions, and false teachings. I will post them here when I've finished.
Please do, I've read it many times and I agree with John Pontius's comments, that everything that he wrote proxy for "Spenser" was congruent with his spiritual and intellectual understanding of the last days.

It should be. All of the Zion material from VoG is basically a copy / restatement of a significant portion of his book The Triumph of Zion which incidentally was published 2 yers befor VoG.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

zionminded wrote:
Please do, I've read it many times and I agree with John Pontius's comments, that everything that he wrote proxy for "Spenser" was congruent with his spiritual and intellectual understanding of the last days.
I second this.

truthseekerDave
Hi, I'm new.

Post by truthseekerDave »

I believe these visions. I like reading about others who believe also. Spencer has seen some of the visions of eternity, and has put them in detailed descriptions and modern English. Wow!

David
Hi, I'm new.

Post by David »

I loved the book. I believe it's probably mostly true. I just take out of it what I like and what will bring me closer to Christ. I don't see the harm in that. I could see someone taking everything literally and going way beyond the mark. But really, even if someone believes it's not all doctrinal, it's harmless. Hardly a reason at all to be a matter of contention. Some people aren't going to like it, but Im suprised they can't see the good in it. Smiley face

ExtraCelestial
captain of 10

Post by ExtraCelestial »

I've purchased and read this book, but I did not fall for the trap that I believe it is. True doctrine is not found in this book. IMO, this book was written by a man who has been carefully led away by the trappings of Satan. Say what you will about me and my understanding of this book, but it is what I have come to know as truth. After finishing the book, I was disgusted and aghast at what was written, so much so I threw it away. I dared not put this book in the hands of someone else. It's not worth discussing. Stay away from it as it is not true.

Pontius uses his supposed "friendship" with a made up Sr. Church Officials as a means to "justify" his writing this book and disclosing his "dreams/visions." This is a farce and is a tool the author uses to make his readers feel his experiences are legitimate and we should not question their authenticity.

Another farce, is John elevates himself within the church in these trial-some times, to the point he leaves his family to pursue his "calling" and no one else matters but himself. Seems like he can't get enough of placing himself in such high positions in the church as to have the gall to appoint himself as Christ's right-hand-man, so-to-speak.

Again, I caution anyone interested in this book or curious about it - its fake and so is Pontius. His claims are that of a fallen member who is blinded by the sophistries of the Adversary and has allowed himself, likely unknowingly, to fall victim to this trap.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

It is really poor LDS science fiction.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

mirkwood wrote: February 19th, 2018, 12:27 pm It is really poor LDS science fiction.
What?!?! You don’t think thousands of humans could live in a giant cave underneath the north pole sealed off from the outside world, sun, fresh air, trees, etc...for thiusands of years? ;)

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I don't believe in portals or teleportation either.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

mirkwood wrote: February 20th, 2018, 1:40 pm I don't believe in portals or teleportation either.
Joseph Smith describes a conduit of light that opened up in to heaven when Moroni visited him in his room.
43 After this communication, I saw the light in the room begin to gather immediately around the person of him who had been speaking to me, and it continued to do so until the room was again left dark, except just around him; when, instantly I saw, as it were, a conduit open right up into heaven, and he ascended till he entirely disappeared, and the room was left as it had been before this heavenly light had made its appearance.
Sounds like a portal of some sort. Joseph Smith also describes a pillar of light when the Father and the Son visited him in the sacred grove, that descended upon him gradually.

In science we have quantum teleportation. Although not the teleportation of matter or energy, it is still teleportation of information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Further, in science, there is a hypothesis that is being considered seriously where it is believed that particles can be teleported. There are currently experiments being conducted in an attempt to confirm the hypothesis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleportation.

Something to think about, at least.

-Finrock

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

bump

:evil:

This thread starts in 2012, so it is older than the other thread. For any who might be interested.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Silver Pie wrote: July 12th, 2020, 3:52 pm bump

:evil:

This thread starts in 2012, so it is older than the other thread. For any who might be interested.
The last post was by Finrock. I really liked him and wish he still posted.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Tbone wrote: July 12th, 2020, 8:28 pmThe last post was by Finrock. I really liked him and wish he still posted.
I miss him and several others who used to post regularly. I wonder how they're doing. (Good, I hope.)