Hiding in Plain Sight

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Hiding in Plain Sight

Post by lundbaek »

“Hiding in Plain Sight”, by Ken Bowers, was written for the purpose of “unmasking how secret combinations operate in the last days”, which it does very effectively. It examines the financial, political, religious and media scams used to deceive us in hiding the actions of the conspiracy that “seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries”. Using Holy Scriptures, Conference talk statements, and statements by key players of and opposed to the conspiracy, it warns the reader of the various facets of the conspiracy and suggests how to protect ones self and family against its intended ravages. It is published by Bonneville Books, http://www.cedarfort.com Following are a few excerpts from the Introduction to the book.

“...He (Satan) plans to destroy freedom - economic, political, and religious, and to set up in place thereof the greatest, most widespread, and most complete tyranny that has ever oppressed men. He is working under such perfect disguise that many do not recognize either him or his methods.” (The message of the First Presidency to the Church, Conference Report, October 1942)

Satan...has established three kinds of secret combinations to accomplish that task. They are economic combinations, political combinations and religious combinations that all work together.

Unfortunately, history is often slanted to one side and what we learn in school is not necessarily accurate.

Do you remember the Punch and Judy shows?....No matter what the script, the puppets sooner or later wind up hitting or battling each other...the puppets were an innocent deception. Each of the two hand puppets were controlled by an invisible person under the stage, one puppet per hand...but no matter what it seemed to be, it was all fiction. The puppets weren’t real, neither the script; and the outcome was carefully orchestrated.....lets pretend that Punch and Judy had different names. For instance, let’s call Punch “Communism” and Judy “The Free World”. Incredible Or how about this - Punch is “Israel” and Judy is “The Arab World”. Or, Punch is the “Democratic Party” and Judy is the “Republican Party”....this is indeed a radical concept - that there is a ‘person’ who controls many world events, history and even government from the shadows. He creates revolutions and hatred on a global scale. This ‘person’ is Satan, who works through a combination of secret and not-so-secret organizations here on earth to bring into fruition his goal which in a one-world-government....The conspiracy controls the overall direction in which humanity is moving, not our everyday activities.

ndjili
captain of 100

Re: Hiding in Plain Sight

Post by ndjili »

This is a great book. He has an updated version called Beneath the Tide. It has alot of information. It's becoming harder to find but you can still get it for a reasonable price at latter day conservative bookstore.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

This is a great book. He has an updated version called Beneath the Tide. It has alot of information. It's becoming harder to find but you can still get it for a reasonable price at latter day conservative bookstore.
About "Beneath the Tide"... it is an expanded version of "Hiding in Plain Sight". "Hiding in Plain Sight" was written mainly for LDS, using many LDS scriptures. "Beneath the Tide" is for the broader Christian community. So it is a great book to share with Christians of all denominations. And it is a bit more up-to-date.

Either book is definitely a must-read.

Bircher
captain of 100

Post by Bircher »

Didn't you find it a bit too pessimistic? I mean when I read it it gave the impression that there was nothing to be done, and that Moroni just warned us about it because we thought it would be interesting, and doesn't this stink.. hey but at least you know!

The info was great, but the attitude I think smacked Moroni s reason for warning us right in the face.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Didn't you find it a bit too pessimistic? I mean when I read it it gave the impression that there was nothing to be done, and that Moroni just warned us about it because we thought it would be interesting, and doesn't this stink.. hey but at least you know!

The info was great, but the attitude I think smacked Moroni s reason for warning us right in the face.

It may be pessimistic but it is informative. Personally, I believe that forewarned is forearmed. If we read these books and also really study our Books of Mormon (as well as the words of the Latter-Day prophets), it can be very helpful. But if we don't also study the Book of Mormon, you're right. We might just give up and think all is lost.

The Gospel gives us hope where the rest of the world finds despair.

Shabako
captain of 50

Post by Shabako »

It is a great book. The only disappointment I had with Beneath the Tide is that, yes it really only is an expanded version of Hiding in Plain Sight, with some updates. But it is virtually the same book, so I would not necessarily counsel someone to buy both. But they are great books and reading one of them is definitely worth the effort. It will great increase your knowledge of the different organizations out there and their interconnectedness, and it is written from the perspective of an LDS historian who has been studying this for more then 40 years.

Other great books are The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil by H. Verlan Anderson (very difficult to find) and The Hidden Things of Darkness: An Expose of the Enemies of Christ by Christopher Bentley. Brother Bentley actually quotes extensively from the book the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil.

There is a definite link and progression along the spectrum of evil that takes a society through priestcraft, an uprising of king-men, development of secret combinations, and then membership among the great and abominable church...

Bircher
captain of 100

Post by Bircher »

Shabako wrote:
Other great books are The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil by H. Verlan Anderson (very difficult to find) and The Hidden Things of Darkness: An Expose of the Enemies of Christ by Christopher Bentley. Brother Bentley actually quotes extensively from the book the Great and Abominable Church of the Devil.

Those two are absolute MUST reads. IMO, you really don't get it, no matter how much you have read anyones other books (excluding the scriptures), you really do not get it if you have not read those two books. Again, excluding the scriptures, I think these two books could be two of the most important books of our time, along with "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen".

jeremy.ashton
captain of 50

Post by jeremy.ashton »

Verlan Andersen's books are extremely hard to find in print - however they can all be accessed electronically at this site - http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/books.html.

My biggest question with "Hiding in Plain Site" is where Ken Bowers calls out the actual name of the anti-Christ and gives a lot of detailed information about him. I've never encountered this info anywhere else before. What is his source for this information?

Bircher
captain of 100

Post by Bircher »

Thanks for that link! That is awesome! FYI, I heard a rumor that Archive Publishers was going to start publishing those again. I hope it is true. It is a lot easier to get someone to read a hard copy than an e-copy.

I gave a copy of Many Are Called to my Bishopric, and I saw the Bishop bring it to Church for weeks, and the 2nd counselor said it made a huge impact on him, and he is getting copies to his family now.

I really feel these are important books for us to use in getting LDS to at least understand their covenants and their duty.

Shabako
captain of 50

Post by Shabako »

Bircher, I absolutely concur with your thoughts on those books. They are must read books. When I read Bentley's book, I could not help but be impressed with his command of the scriptures. His understanding of recurring themes was amazing and really helped me develop a much keener insight into how once-Christian civilizations could have degnerated to the point where they actually warranted total destruction.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Yes reading ken bowers might be depressing. So can reading Revelations but who said the truth was easy. Lets not forget God is the one who is always in charge. Also On the maitreya thing. I hadnt heard of him when I read these books but since then I have read a few others where he is mentioned and also see him referred to hidden in a few sites. I didnt think he could be this false prophet/anit-christ figure but now I'm not too sure.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

jeremy.ashton wrote:Verlan Andersen's books are extremely hard to find in print - however they can all be accessed electronically at this site - http://www.inspiredconstitution.org/books.html.

My biggest question with "Hiding in Plain Site" is where Ken Bowers calls out the actual name of the anti-Christ and gives a lot of detailed information about him. I've never encountered this info anywhere else before. What is his source for this information?

I recently discovered this site also and didn't realize you had already posted this. It is loaded with good info!.

I Will print some. Using a continuous Ink set up will be less expensive!

-Paul

lavaman
Hi, I'm new.

Post by lavaman »

I read this book and it was the first time I really felt like the mask had been pulled off the adversary's plan. I had read about conspiracy theories but this one stuck in my head and really changed my vision of the whole world. Yes it was pessimistic but in the last chapter he put forth a strong argument for America being a divinely established nation. I wanted him to be wrong about so many things in that book but the more I learn about those things from other sources, the more I see he has alot of it right. My feeling is that in the end, we will find the truth to be more horrifying than what he presents in this book, more horrible than we can imagine. But at least our minds are prepared to deal with it because of this and other books.