Revelation of The Magi

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Farmer
captain of 50

Revelation of The Magi

Post by Farmer »

Anyone read Revelation of the Magi? It was talked about on KSL TV last night. Looked kind of interesting.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Re: Revelation of The Magi

Post by Rosabella »

I have not read it but have been looking into it a bit. It is one of the many books we have been seeing coming out in recent years. Many apocryphal Christian writings that have been discovered or published lately. One like the Gospel of Judas, the Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel of Mary. These all hold very false teachings.

What concerns me is the author says that the book seems to say there are no true Christian religions that Christ is behind ALL religions. Which is exactly what the new age teaches.

The star they follow turns into Christ, the light concentrates and becomes the baby. The Star turns in to a "Star Child". Christ then tells them "this is one of many occasions I have appeared to the world". The author says that it means that Christ is behind all religions. The author does not say Christ is God, he evades that idea when talking about Christ. Which again is new age "speak".

This description reads the same as all the new age writings. They try to say all religions of the world come from one source and that all religions need to go back to that one source. They want to create a one world religion. That religion is the opposite of our faith.

In reading what I have and listening to the interview I would have to conclude that this book appears to not based on truth but just one of the many occult writings that lead people astray for they do not teach Christ as a Savior and Redeemer. I would have to look at the actual book but to verify but I have seen this pattern in the books I mentioned above. Many false teachings are getting released to the world and embraced as truths but go against revealed truths of our Church.

If I buy the book or at least am able to look through it I will follow up on my post with a more accurate appraisal. My gut feel is that this is just one of the many false texts coming into the world to deceive us.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wise-men-a ... 820&page=1

Farmer
captain of 50

Post by Farmer »

Rosabella wrote:I have not read it but have been looking into it a bit. It is one of the many books we have been seeing coming out in recent years. Many apocryphal Christian writings that have been discovered or published lately. One like the Gospel of Judas, the Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel of Mary. These all hold very false teachings.

What concerns me is the author says that the book seems to say there are no true Christian religions that Christ is behind ALL religions. Which is exactly what the new age teaches.

The star they follow turns into Christ, the light concentrates and becomes the baby. The Star turns in to a "Star Child". Christ then tells them "this is one of many occasions I have appeared to the world". The author says that it means that Christ is behind all religions. The author does not say Christ is God, he evades that idea when talking about Christ. Which again is new age "speak".

This description reads the same as all the new age writings. They try to say all religions of the world come from one source and that all religions need to go back to that one source. They want to create a one world religion. That religion is the opposite of our faith.

In reading what I have and listening to the interview I would have to conclude that this book appears to not based on truth but just one of the many occult writings that lead people astray for they do not teach Christ as a Savior and Redeemer. I would have to look at the actual book but to verify but I have seen this pattern in the books I mentioned above. Many false teachings are getting released to the world and embraced as truths but go against revealed truths of our Church.

If I buy the book or at least am able to look through it I will follow up on my post with a more accurate appraisal. My gut feel is that this is just one of the many false texts coming into the world to deceive us.

Thanks for the Information. That's why I thought I would ask the board before I bought the book.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Servant wrote:
Rosabella wrote:I have not read it but have been looking into it a bit. It is one of the many books we have been seeing coming out in recent years. Many apocryphal Christian writings that have been discovered or published lately. One like the Gospel of Judas, the Gospel of Thomas, and the Gospel of Mary. These all hold very false teachings.

Thanks for the Information. That's why I thought I would ask the board before I bought the book.
You are welcome. I am glad my post helped in any way. I do not like buying books and wasting the money if they are not what I thought they were going to be too. These books can be so intriguing and sound like they will give us a better understanding of things but they turn out to be false doctrines.

When I do get to read over this book (in the store) I will be able to tell pretty quickly if it has the doctrines it appears to have. Reading the reviews and watching the interview, makes it really sound inconsistent with LDS doctrine yet very much consistent with some of the new age writings. If I get a closer look I will let you know more :) especially if it differs in anyway to what I have posted already.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Man, this stuff just keeps coming. Perhaps the Adversary knows that he's running out of time, so he's pushing really hard now.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Man, this stuff just keeps coming. Perhaps the Adversary knows that he's running out of time, so he's pushing really hard now.
More like the Adversary has enough control/influence over nearly every aspect of our society and lives; and those minions he controls feel like they have nearly reached critical mass: that they have nearly everything lined up to strike the Decisive Final Blow that would take back the kingdom from that usurper (their belief) Adonai/Jehovah (though most of them simply think they will put an end to suffering, violence, all bad things by greatly restricting freedom and confusion -- the Utopian ORDERED society -- ever notice that all the non-scriptural Utopias are all authoritarian/NWO-types?).