David Dye

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
John Locke
captain of 1,000

David Dye

Post by John Locke »

Does anyone have any experience with this author/editor? I have been looking at quite a few of his books, but I don't want to pick up something that is crap. I am hesitant because one of his books is called "The fundamentalist's little book of knowledge: volumes1and2" Is this guy a LDS fundamentalist? Meaning is he a polygamist? From first glance his stuff looks pretty legit, just want to know what everyone else thinks? Few links so you can see some of his books

http://stores.lulu.com/daviddye
http://www.confettibooks.com/?CLSN_706= ... rch=Search

let me know if any of you have read any of his stuff, and what your impressiosn where.

I was originally turned onto his stuff in the conversation about Calling and elections. His book on that has been highly recommended.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: David Dye

Post by sbsion »

he is a "bishop" in the AUB org.

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

what is that?

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

I assume he's fundamentalist, but I believe his books are mainly just packed with quotes. Checkout Hindsight publications or the FIG project, those are his sights I believe. I've read some church history written from a fundamentalist background and found it interesting. They seem to be more apt to talk about certain aspects of our history that mainstream LDS veer away from. I don't know where you're from, but if you're near Spanish Fork UT, visit Confetti books, it's loaded with exceptional church books. I think they have Dye's big book, "An Invitation to Exaltation." I'm sure you could thumb through it and see what you find. If it's loaded with legitimate quotes, I don't see a problem with it. But then again, as Mercyn'Grace said, all you are looking for is in the scriptures already. I have Snuffer's book and it's a solid read, but he mainly goes through the sciptures and just organizes the steps. The Book of Mormon is the premier text for this subject in my opinion. If you want to supplement your scripture study with other sources, get Snuffer's book and John Pontius's "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence." I think that's the correct title.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

John Locke wrote:what is that?

Apostolic United Brethren, a claim of having keys down from John Taylor, for the continuance of Celestial marriage, running "parallel" as an order of the priesthood

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

oh yes I have heard of that. Thank you for the insight.

davidhindsight
Hi, I'm new.

Post by davidhindsight »

Hi all.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm David Dye.
Nearly all of my books are indeed quotes or reprints of earlier LDS material. Most of it comes from the pre-1900 era of the Church. I also publish books by Arch Allred which are more 'fundamentalist Mormon' in nature. In these there are quotes from the fundamentalist leaders.
I hope to republish 'An Invitation to Exaltation' soon. Right now it's a 700+ page hardbound limited edition book that sells for $150 (cover price). I plan to divide it into two or three softbound books, and cut the price at least in half for it. There will be some editing. My wife has asked that I leave out some of the more sacred items. Truth be known, I left out about 2/3 of what I found on the subjects.
Anyway, thanks for the posts. It was fun reading them.
The gospel is great!
David (Captain of 1, or maybe even none!)
[email protected]

creatio-exnihilo
Hi, I'm new.

Post by creatio-exnihilo »

Hey...I know of David Dye. Seems to be a real nice guy. Have read a few of his books. I would recommend them. I appreciate his time & effort & also his willingness to share. Alot of the content is material one would not normally read...more so because they're not easily accessible to the average person. David with his dedication has presented that opportunity...so don't pass judgement on the individual because of personal beliefs...judge the contents of his books... you may be pleasantly surprized where you'll find the truth. Oh by the way...Happy Birthday David...take care my friend...keep on publishing...Godspeed.