AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what?

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.

AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what?

Post by Like »

Don't help convict yourself—

Dial 911 and fry.

You’re gasping for air. You’ve just stopped a would-be murderer cold with your sidearm—four rounds to the chest. Do you have the right to remain silent? Then why would you immediately dial 911 and talk into a police voice recorder? How do you make that call and stand on the advice that says, “Don’t say anything”?

After You Shoot, the new book by Alan Korwin answers these life-or-death questions. After you shoot in self defense, you face a possible murder trial. Even if you're completely innocent. And that may be a bigger risk to you than the would-be killer you just stopped.

According to criminal-defense attorneys, half of all convictions for self-defense incidents rely on frantic traumatized 911 tapes. As a bonus, the media will air your voice nationwide for weeks. That can’t be right.

Do you have the right to an attorney during questioning? What about Fifth Amendment rights against self incrimination? Can you call 911 and protect yourself?

You cannot. When you call 911 after saving your life with gunfire, you are giving up the crucial life-saving rights you think you have. And that’s wrong.

The dangerous snare of 911 recordings is built right into our American self-defense system—and nobody has looked at it hard—until now.

After You Shoot lights up this overlooked problem and provides common-sense, workable solutions to these horrors—vicious traps that threaten every gun owner and innocent crime victim in America. If you have a gun for self defense, find out how you should protect yourself—After You Shoot.

After You Shoot is my 13th book, on press at the end of 2010, and I think it may be one of my best. It's one thing to take gun laws and describe them in plain English as I've done for more than 20 years now. It's another thing entirely to find a gigantic hole in the law -- the part that supposedly protects your rights -- and explain that.

I got chills as I discovered these severe problems and wrote this one.

After you shoot in self defense you're expected to call 911 and literally give up your right to remain silent. Give up your right to have an attorney present prior to and during any questioning. Compromise your protection against self incrimination.

More than 75 experts spoke with me and wrote to me about this. People like cops, prosecutors, judges, lobbysists, top-level firearm trainers, other authors, attorneys by the dozen. Their reactions are stunning. Many had never considered the problems very deeply-- it never dawned on them! Too many took a statist (government) approach that you should simply call 911 and not worry! Or only say X, Y and Z, so you'd "get off" later, as if you could do that with your blood pressure through the roof and your body shaking from the adrenaline dump.

The Adnarim Statement

And what about when the second responders -- you are the first responder -- arrive on the scene. Should you babble as most people do? Stand in mute silence? Try to exonerate yourself and "get yourself off"? Well for one thing, when they (the state) read you your rights, would it be unreasonable for you to read them your rights? The proposed Adnarim (reverse Miranda) statement addresses this head on. It's not uncommon for defense attorneys to put a statement on the backs of their cards for clients to use. This book fires that up a few notches.

Bottom Line -- If you have a gun, you must know what your options are after you shoot. This book will open your eyes like never before, and provide you with options you need to know to stay safe and free, After You Shoot.

http://gunlaws.com/AYS.htm
The book came out last month, has anyone read the book yet? I am just wondering if it is what it claims to be?

Thanks

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Re: AFTER YOU SHOOT: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now wha

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Then why would you immediately dial 911 and talk into a police voice recorder?
Because non action to save someone's life can be used against you to prove your guilt of hiding a crime.
A better solution would be to call 911 and say "I have shot someone because I was in fear of my life at this address. Please send an ambulance."
To try and hide the fact that you are the shooter would be used as evidence against you and look bad to the jury. The chances of the physical evidence not pointing to you as the shooter are slim to none. So just get that out of the way. Most state laws allow for the use of deadly force to protect you or someone else from imminent serious bodily injury, rape or death.