Review films with positive messages

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Mixer MattMX
Hi, I'm new.

Review films with positive messages

Post by Mixer MattMX »

I am in the process of finding NEW films for a film market that have positive messages AND show artistic excellence. If you are an film industry professional, an established artist, someone in the communications or event video business, a scholar or teacher, or a film student, please drop me a line with a simple resume and background.
We need help in a new film market whose quest is to find quality film with a moral message, a fable's lesson, positive story telling or even with classic arcs of a Shakespearian play or Greek tragedy. Too often in our journey to find good cinema, we look for the natural man's stamp of "G" and "PG" or the insipid and safe stories about Mormon culture unaware of the negative stereotypes those films place on parenting, education, authority, and even imagination. Not to mention the over reliance of really old church jokes and even toilet humor, and the lazy made-for-TV style cinematography, acting, direction (etc.) that change no one outside of Mormonville.
Several quality films with positive messages require more than a high school diploma, go unrated and never play at the convenience of your studio-controlled local cinema. You may even have to read subtitles, but hey if you're over the age of six, you have no excuse.
If you are able to write constructive criticism and find the either the ounce or goldmine of real spirituality in the world and not just the safety of your back yard, please respond to this posting.
We have a "placement" system of scoring and finding quality film. It may not be perfect, but neither are you or me ;) Sorry if parts of this posting sound errr, angry, but you know, after seeing so much… yadda yadda…

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Re: Review films with positive messages

Post by WYp8riot »

I am not sure I am following what your goal is and what it is you are doing? Are you writing reviews?

Mixer MattMX
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Mixer MattMX »

WYp8riot wrote:I am not sure I am following what your goal is and what it is you are doing? Are you writing reviews?
Not necessarily reviews, just notes for the producers to help recognize the spirit in the good they have done as well as feedback on how the films could be improved.

fps.sledge
captain of 100

Post by fps.sledge »

Not sure exactly what the definition is of a positive message. Usually G-rated films lack violence and gore or certain language. That doesn't mean they have positives messages. Even R rated films have positive messages.

Action movies are successful because they have exciting, suspenseful, often life-threatening stories. Even positive stories, even in the Book of Mormon, require exposure to evil and inappropriate themes. This is called contrast.

Red Dawn could potentially be a movie with a positive message. People defending themselves in a war. As violent as the movie is, or as crumby as it is, it has a positive message.

Then there are movies like 12 Angry Men. That classic film required little money to produce. Just a good story and good acting. It included tense situations, detailed descriptions of murder, and contention. It was all for a good cause of proving someone innocent. Positive message. It had no visual exposure to killing or sexual activity.

So what is the goal? Clean films, or positive message?

Mixer MattMX
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Mixer MattMX »

fps.sledge wrote:Not sure exactly what the definition is of a positive message. Usually G-rated films lack violence and gore or certain language. That doesn't mean they have positives messages. Even R rated films have positive messages.
So what is the goal? Clean films, or positive message?
The goal is to view films that we have and suggest the ones with a positive message or films with a point, nothing that is made for the soul purpose of sex and violence, which for the most part, the films we have do not have. The second goal is to score films on their artistic level of direction, screenplay, acting…