Zietgiest

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Zietgiest

Post by WYp8riot »

Has anyone watched Zietgiest? I found some of the material inappropriate but it also tries to make a strong case against Christianity. I just wonder if anyone else had any knowledge of this video.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Zietgiest

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

marvelous_truth wrote:Has anyone watched Zietgiest? I found some of the material inappropriate but it also tries to make a strong case against Christianity. I just wonder if anyone else had any knowledge of this video.
Someone tried to show it to me, but I stopped watching it when the language got inappropriate.

I told the person that sent it to me that I actually would have watched it if the person speaking in it actually spoke intelligently. That someone who is cursing up a storm does not come across as intellectual at all. That it completely undermined its credibility for me, and that I did not watch it beyond.. and I put the time

Gary R. Van Horn
captain of 10

Post by Gary R. Van Horn »

I believe it is spelled "Zeitgeist." It is a German word that means "spirit of the age."

If you want to see something that attacks Christianity, most movies in the theaters today and most videos you can rent will certainly suffice. And they are often more subtle.

Gary VH

Bridgey
captain of 100

Post by Bridgey »

I watched part of it. It is definately anti-Christ. I wouldn't suggest watching it. If you do, just watch the last half.

FTC
captain of 100

Re: Zietgiest

Post by FTC »

I saw this and found it extremely fascinating. Yes, it is constructed in quite an anti-christian way. What fascinated me about it is what would it be like if they had taken all the coorelations they presented them and tied them in to support Christianity? That the time-tables they presented where the timeframes that Christ setup from the beginning? That the author of Zeitgeist errantly associated the timeframes with the wrong sources - due to the available historical records being multiple thousands of years old and in languages that don't exist anymore? In any case, I took Zeitgeist in an Apocrypha sort of way in that there is truth there, it just may be tricky to discern it. As most others have said, though, the author of Zeitgeist wrote in a very anti-christian point of view, so be wary of that.

Anyways, sorry for bringing this thread back up to the top. :P I'll post something else to push it back down again.