Hanging by the Thread Novel - Invitation to REVIEW

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
creator
(of the Forum)

Hanging by the Thread Novel - Invitation to REVIEW

Post by creator »

There is a new novel coming out titled "Hanging by the Thread" by Donald B. Anderson.

Download the first three chapters...

The Story:

"For ten years, a secret society has risen to power. They have infiltrated every facet of the federal government. They are powerful. They have extraordinary access to public funds. They have incredible technologies. And freedom is their nemesis. They have sought to destroy economic freedom, amass power to the federal government, and create mass dependency on the government. They call themselves THE THREAD. And now, they are poised to destroy the Constitution and rise to power.
But, on the eve of their burst into power, a copy of their plan falls into the hands of a young man in the Utah State Capitol building. A small group forms and comes to understands the plan of The Thread. And now, the race is on. Time is short and the group must struggle to preserve their lives, their nation, and freedom itself."

I haven't read it yet, but have been asked by the author to read it and give him feedback.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Hanging by the Thread Novel - Invitation to REVIEW

Post by Jason »

LDSConservative wrote:There is a new novel coming out titled "Hanging by the Thread" by Donald B. Anderson.

The Story:

"For ten years, a secret society has risen to power. They have infiltrated every facet of the federal government. They are powerful. They have extraordinary access to public funds. They have incredible technologies. And freedom is their nemesis. They have sought to destroy economic freedom, amass power to the federal government, and create mass dependency on the government. They call themselves THE THREAD. And now, they are poised to destroy the Constitution and rise to power.
But, on the eve of their burst into power, a copy of their plan falls into the hands of a young man in the Utah State Capitol building. A small group forms and comes to understands the plan of The Thread. And now, the race is on. Time is short and the group must struggle to preserve their lives, their nation, and freedom itself."

I haven't read it yet, but have been asked by the author to read it and give him feedback.
Entertaining....big scary "The Thread"! LOL

Post by Like »

I like it!

I love the fact the author is keeping the chapters short. It keeps my interest level up. Sometimes in books the chapters are long and no matter how much is going on I lose interest.

Is the author hoping LDS people are going to be the major buyer of the book? If so it is a good idea that he is including references to Utah and BYU, secret combinations, it brings a sense of connection. If he hopes to sell to a bigger audience then I would suggest using other references so the book connects with a wider audience.

Those are my thoughts. Maybe I am wrong, I have never written a book and do not know anything about selling a book.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I can tell I'm going to like this book. What can you tell us about the author?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

What I've read so far, I like. Unlike Mazal, my attention span is a bit longer, so I hope the author fleshes out the chapters and characters a bit. This is my kind of book.

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

This looks like a good page turner. Is the book out yet? Where can you get it?

donnymollie
Hi, I'm new.

Post by donnymollie »

You can purchase advance Reserve Copies of Hanging by The Thread at this time. You will not be billed until it is shipped the first week of May or so. Also, whatever the price is listed at online, those who order before the book's release will get a killer deal. The final price is not settled yet, and won't be until around the 25th ish of March. But those who order in advance will be billed for just a touch above wholesale--a killer deal.

You can place that order at http://www.granitebooks.com/catalog.html?Iit=2824&Ict=5.

If that link does not work, just go to http://www.granitebooks.com

The author's site is http://www.donaldbanderson.com.

The book website is http://www.hangingbythethread.com.

I am the author, and would be glad to answer any questions you have at donnymollie at Yahoo dot com. This book is a freedom thriller that educates. Most of it is a story, but it has an apendix that has 10 lectures about economic freedom from one of the characters who is a professor at BYU. You can download two of the lectures at the book's website on the "Lectures" page.

Please pardon the marketing.
Last edited by donnymollie on March 17th, 2010, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

I've read this book. It is a great story - though short and action-based - and, to add to this, really gets across the principles of liberty/economic freedom. For this latter alone I think we should see to it that it is in all our homes - and those of our friends that we can educate regarding liberty in a more subtle way.

In my view, it is far better a tool that the "Freedom Factor" novel by Lund - which I was not to keen on at all.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Please pardon the marketing.
No need to apologize, donnymollie. This is one book I'll be getting. :)

donnymollie
Hi, I'm new.

Post by donnymollie »

Thank you, Kathyn.

Because of your passion for freedom, I bet you would be interested in reading the two lectures that are available online (there are 10 in the appendix of the book).

You can access the one on Freedom Versus Equality at http://www.hangingbythethread.com/image ... re%202.pdf.

You can access the one on Natural Rights at http://www.hangingbythethread.com/image ... re%203.pdf.

Enjoy

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

There's a new, longer teaser video up on the site now - pretty good! Check it out!