LDSfreedomportal.Net / video primers

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
MasterOfNone
captain of 100

LDSfreedomportal.Net / video primers

Post by MasterOfNone »

I'm now putting together a "primer" video page strictly for LDS...

Here's what I have so far...

http://www.ldsfreedomportal.net/videos/

Probably need to double that - any suggestions are warmly welcomed!

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Re: LDSfreedomportal.Net / video primers

Post by MasterOfNone »

Updated.

Going to check out Cleon Skousen, Joel Skousen and Gary Allen; maybe more Jack Monnett...

I am doing this so I can give interested, but uninformed, LDS friends a 1-page link to get them up to speed.

Suggestions still welcome ;)

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Please!

Post by MasterOfNone »

Does anyone know if there are plans to change the "awful" voiceover in this otherwise brilliant video about our awful situation?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jP3KTkb ... r_embedded

:(

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

MasterOfNone wrote:Does anyone know if there are plans to change the "awful" voiceover in this otherwise brilliant video about our awful situation?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jP3KTkb ... r_embedded

:(
I want to remake the whole thing... sometime. I would love some voice over help :)

If we can find any original audio that would be great too!

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

I did some (none-too-stunning) voice over work for some games, but you probably would want an American and not an English accent :D (maybe I could do John Taylor...though he was from up north so I'd still have the wrong accent...I speak proper English (no accent!)) :wink:

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

MasterOfNone wrote:I did some (none-too-stunning) voice over work for some games, but you probably would want an American and not an English accent :D (maybe I could do John Taylor...though he was from up north so I'd still have the wrong accent...I speak proper English (no accent!)) :wink:
We can always use your "proper" english for the gadianton quotes :wink:

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

LOL. The trend of giving the bad guys an English accent in movies has even got into the animated Living Scriptures series :roll:

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

I have used my voice to create some possible voice overs for some
of the quotations:

http://www.ldsfreedomportal.net/awfulsi ... cepack.zip (about 5.5 megs)

Note that I have NOt done voice overs for American (majority!) of the quotations,
nor for the female ones. I also could not find a good voice for Robison (Scottish)
or Castro so have left them out too.

A good laugh, perhaps, even if not used ;)

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

MasterOfNone wrote:I have used my voice to create some possible voice overs for some
Awesome! Thank you :) I'm going to start organizing the quotes. Does anyone have the actual text that I can copy and paste?

Does anyone have any other quotes that might be useful to add???

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think I've seen a pdf version somewhere - you might be able to paste from that.

I shall have to work on my Scottish accent to do the Robison quotations - keeps on going Irish on me though :shock:

Gah, that reminds me - Shaw was Irish not English. I shall have to redo that one!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

clarkkent, do you use Adobe Premiere? I've still got the video project files saved from when I converted that PDF to this YouTube video. I'd be willing to let someone copy that... or I could simply update the video once the new audio recordings are finished.

I opted for the computer generated voice... but could easily add better voice recordings into the video.

MasterOfNone, I just downloaded your voice over files... definitely better than the computer generated voice I used. Good job. Thanks :)

Would be great to get voice overs for all the quotes, especially if the recordings came from a variety of different people / different voices to make it more interesting.

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

Yes, it would be great to get the rest - I just cannot do the Scottish, Irish and American ones I'm afraid - they sound awful :(

Never never never use the computer-generated voice. I've come across it on a few vids and I never can listen to them because 1. the voice is awful and 2. it sounds as if someone is trying to disguise their voice (for some sinister reason) :)

I hope this project works out!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

MasterOfNone wrote:Yes, it would be great to get the rest - I just cannot do the Scottish, Irish and American ones I'm afraid - they sound awful :(
I'm sure it won't be too hard to find someone to do the American ones... but I wonder if it might be good just to have the Scottish and Irish quotes read with an English accent? Reason I suggest this is because while Americans typically don't have a problem understanding an English accent, Scottish and Irish can be much more difficult to understand. (I could be wrong, but that's based on my limited exposure to irish/scottish)

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

No, I think Star Trek's Scottie and Miles O'Brian got everyone in the US used to Scottish and (southern) Irish ;)

We wil need women too - can't do those! :D

MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Post by MasterOfNone »

I've done John Taylor, Robison and Burke and made a second voice pack:

http://www.ldsfreedomportal.net/awfulsi ... epack2.zip

Maybe a female on ldsfreedomforum could do the women? There's probably about 6 or less!

Hope these help.