New Book: There Are Save Two Churches Only

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
dcmarkham
Hi, I'm new.

New Book: There Are Save Two Churches Only

Post by dcmarkham »

To all Truth Seekers and lovers of Liberty ,

I have kept relatively quiet about this over the past 18 months, but I now wish to announce that I have written a book.

There Are Save Two Churches Only

Be Ye Not Deceived: God Creates, Satan Imitates

A Compendium to Assist Followers of Christ
in Overcoming End Times through Understanding
the Deepest Secrets of the Kingdom of the Devil

The book's cover:

This is the information from the rear cover of the book:
---- start ----

"And [the angel] said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil... the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth. And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the whore of all the earth, and she sat upon many waters; and she had dominion over all the earth, among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people.”
— 1 Nephi 14:9-10

There Are Save Two Churches Only

A critical exposé of ancient and modern deceptions, hidden agendas, and overlooked truths. Prepared for the thoughtful reader who is willing to follow the admonition of Patrick Henry: "We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it." (from his Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death speech, March 23, 1775)

Compiled and written for the purpose of glorifying God Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Accomplished through the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

— What truly is the source and root of all evil and abomination?
— Why do politicians and government leaders break their promises?
— Why is there so much war when great efforts are made for peace?
— Why do society's problems grow steadily worse over the long run?
— Why is organized religion such a culprit in worldwide conflicts?
— Why do selfish and greedy people thrive while the humble suffer?
— I'm an honest, diligent, good person; can't I be rich and influential too?
— Why are so many people stressed, depressed and suicidal today?
— What is the cause of all this pain? Who is perpetuating it? WHY?

The answers to these questions and many more are in this book. They are painful, difficult answers. Proceed with humility, patience and penitence.

---- end ----

Over the course of the past 18 months, I have received help from a number of people, who have graciously assisted me throughout this project. Above all has been D. Rolling Kearney, who has championed this project from the beginning, has assisted with the vast majority of editing and proofreading, and who has developed the website for the book and maintains it -- all completely gratis. There is no way I could have prepared this book for publication (let alone the website) anywhere near this day without his tremendous help and input.

However, the project is not over. What I am currently publishing is actually Volume I of a total of two volumes. Volume I consists of 534 pages. Volume II will be about that same size when completed. A majority of it is already written. I estimate that I can have it wrapped up no later than Spring of 2013.

This book is not a "dream come true" for me. I wrote this book because no one else has yet -- it desperately needs to exist. It is a labor of necessity -- born of penitence, sorrow and an unquenchable drive to discover the roots of evil in this world.

I've dedicated this book in part to Dr. Steven Jones, the BYU physicist who sacrificed his prestigious teaching career in defending the data and findings that he has compiled concerning the collapse of the World Trade Center towers on September 11th, 2001.

Additionally, I am not copyrighting this book. I am classifying it under the Creative Commons license -- meaning that the book is effectively public domain, with the exception that no one can claim authorship aside from me, and content within the book cannot be added to or removed by others. Any entity, whether individual or commercial, is welcome to publish and distribute this book, even at a profit.

I am distributing the e-book (PDF) version for free, and I am listing the book for sale at-cost: the amount required to create a POD (Publish On Demand) copy. I only ask that those who purchase it or read it will feel inclined to submit a donation. I estimate that I have spent well over 1000 hours developing this book over the past 12+ months, not including countless sleepless hours which I dedicated to research over the past six years.

I pray that many of you will download the PDF, or order a physical copy, and take in the contents. Please visit:

http://www.twochurchesonly.com

Within the next five to seven days, the book ought to also be searchable and purchase-able through Amazon.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read my announcement.

Your brother in Christ,
Don Christian Markham

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Re: New Book: There Are Save Two Churches Only

Post by sonofliberty »

Thanks for sharing! I think it looks very interesting and will enjoy reading.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

DC: When I click paypal to donate, it says that people in Taiwan (is that where you are) can only send through paypal; they can't receive funds??

P. S. This is an amazing amount of work you have gone through. Thanks for making it available.

DRollingKearney
captain of 50

Post by DRollingKearney »

Having read all of Volume I already, I can't recommend this highly enough! dcmarkham has laid out the processes of Gadiantonism, the steps taken to accomplish their goals, the means they use to keep their secrets, etc, and done so in a manner that is very easy to understand. There are few books that are guaranteed to open people's eyes, and this is one of them!

We cannot defend ourselves against evil until we understand the tactics that they use against us! And that is what this book is about.

dcmarkham
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dcmarkham »

sonofliberty wrote:Thanks for sharing! I think it looks very interesting and will enjoy reading.
Please feel free to share your thoughts as you read -- I hope to hear back from readers.
BringerOfJoy wrote:DC: When I click paypal to donate, it says that people in Taiwan (is that where you are) can only send through paypal; they can't receive funds??
Doh! Thanks for catching that! I never tried testing the donation links. The funny thing is that the paypal account is setup to use either US$ or Taiwan NT$ -- didn't think it'd be a problem. Got it fixed now, though. Thank you for pointing that out! I could have gone for months none the wiser, thinking no one ever donated.

Yes, in fact, I am living in Taiwan -- been here 4 years now and love it. I worked in I.T. for 12 years back in the states -- then moved to Taiwan with my Taiwanese wife and 2 "mixed" kids back in 2008 -- teach English full time now, and I couldn't be happier.
P. S. This is an amazing amount of work you have gone through. Thanks for making it available.
The biggest thanks to me is for people to dedicate some of their precious, busy time to read what I wrote. I only pray it's edifying to the reader.

dcmarkham
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dcmarkham »

DRollingKearney wrote:Having read all of Volume I already, I can't recommend this highly enough! dcmarkham has laid out the processes of Gadiantonism, the steps taken to accomplish their goals, the means they use to keep their secrets, etc, and done so in a manner that is very easy to understand. There are few books that are guaranteed to open people's eyes, and this is one of them!

We cannot defend ourselves against evil until we understand the tactics that they use against us! And that is what this book is about.
Thanks, DRK! You liked it so much, you helped proof-read the whole thing and even developed the website for free. :D I forever owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks for championing this project as much as you have.

DRollingKearney
captain of 50

Post by DRollingKearney »

I wouldn't have done it if I didn't believe in the message. The more I read, the more I realized how important it was.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Hello, Brother Markham ~

I pray your book will encourage a greater awakening among the Saints who yet 'sit upon [their] thrones in a state of thoughtless stupor, while [our] enemies are spreading the work of death around [us]'.

Thank you, for your apology to Brother Jones! He has been absolutely pure in his search for Truth. He carries his public notoriety with dignity and his continued courage in the face of evil exemplifies a level of spiritual grace to which we should each aspire. I have no doubt, we will need it!

I trust you will not be surprised if your own published research creates a ruckus among those resisting the call to 'arise'.

I taught last Sunday's Gospel Doctrine, Lesson 40 with Christ's words regarding the remnant of Jacob in the midst of the gentiles like a young lion. I started by asking the class if we are 'the gentiles' spoken of in these chapters. I even read President Packer's statement from his address, "Finding Ourselves in Lehi's Dream" pointing out that the term 'Gentiles' used in Ether 8:23 is referring to us in the Church, in our generation. I was challenged for expressing a suggestion that members of the Church are anything other than the Covenant Chosen People. I asked them to please, please read the assigned chapters in order for all of us to found our beliefs and concepts on the actual Words of Christ as recorded in the Book of Mormon. Not one person proclaimed he or she had read the assigned chapters or was able to 'prove' from scripture that the term Gentile really means 'the other guy'. Most of the class appeared unsettled and a bit angry as they left.

I'm sure you know enough about human nature - especially human nature among the Saints - to not be a bit surprised at any reaction your book inspires.

Is there a 'physical address' to which a person can send a check for a paperback copy. We have 'retired' our credit & debit cards. It makes some transactions cumbersome without them.

dcmarkham
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dcmarkham »

buffalo_girl wrote:I trust you will not be surprised if your own published research creates a ruckus among those resisting the call to 'arise'.
I'm already used to being judged as a kook on facebook. In fact I changed my profile picture on fb to this:
buffalo_girl wrote: I taught last Sunday's Gospel Doctrine, Lesson 40 with Christ's words regarding the remnant of Jacob in the midst of the gentiles like a young lion. I started by asking the class if we are 'the gentiles' spoken of in these chapters. I even read President Packer's statement from his address, "Finding Ourselves in Lehi's Dream" pointing out that the term 'Gentiles' used in Ether 8:23 is referring to us in the Church, in our generation. I was challenged for expressing a suggestion that members of the Church are anything other than the Covenant Chosen People. I asked them to please, please read the assigned chapters in order for all of us to found our beliefs and concepts on the actual Words of Christ as recorded in the Book of Mormon. Not one person proclaimed he or she had read the assigned chapters or was able to 'prove' from scripture that the term Gentile really means 'the other guy'. Most of the class appeared unsettled and a bit angry as they left.
Great job! I love that talk by Packer -- in fact I quote from it in the Intro of my book.

I've had quite a few "run-ins" in Gospel Doctrine class myself over the years. No matter how polite and accommodating I try to present scriptural evidence, contention and offense invariably bristled up -- and the members would NOT let it subside no matter how much I tried to diffuse it. It was truly alarming to experience.

One of the most disturbing findings I've made in my study and research was to discover that all the strict warnings and condemnations of the "Gentiles" throughout the Book of Mormon are not to the atheists, Catholics, or Protestants.... they're aimed directly at us -- those who have been given a testimony of the Book of Mormon's truth, those who believe it. It's so painful to realize that we in the Church have become nearly identical in our pride, worldliness and stiff-neckedness as the ancient Jews of old.
buffalo_girl wrote:I'm sure you know enough about human nature - especially human nature among the Saints - to not be a bit surprised at any reaction your book inspires.
I'm certain that for every LDS member who embraces it, there will be at least five others who will dismiss it and probably find offense at it -- despite this volume not containing all-that-offensive material. Volume II, however, may bring a lot of heat down on me in a similar that way your Gospel Doctrine class did to you... the truths I'll present in there are deeply painful, almost too impossible to believe. I literally broke down and wept several times over the course of compiling and composing it.
buffalo_girl wrote:Is there a 'physical address' to which a person can send a check for a paperback copy. We have 'retired' our credit & debit cards. It makes some transactions cumbersome without them.
Let me PM you about that. I'll get a workable solution arranged.

Thanks!

dcmarkham
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dcmarkham »

I finally figured out how to convert the original document into various e-book formats using Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com). Fantastic tool! After some relatively painless trial and error, I've generated clean-looking, easy-to-read e-books. The website now includes downloads of the following e-reader formats, free-of-charge:
-- .awz3 (most recent Kindle devices)
-- .mobi (older Kindles and most generic e-readers)
-- .epub (Nook, Apple devices, and most generic e-readers)
-- .lit (Microsoft Reader)

Visit http://www.twochurchesonly.com, click on the Purchase link, then scroll down the page.

Some preliminary feedback I've received recently.
"Your book will hold a place of honor in my library. I don't give book recommendations lightly, as I know time is valuable....

"It isn't very often I encounter an author so astoundingly gifted from above. It's a rare literary work that holds the reader's attention in a one-on-one conversation-like setting that flows with spiritually sweet edification and passion for the subject at hand. Your gift for writing is such that I without reservation class you with the likes of Parley P. Pratt....

"This book of untold clarity I'm certain came at a cost of many hours away from family and with a soul strained to the limits to drag evil kicking and screaming into the daylight, its identity and hellish designs, revealed to the point of one's blood running cold.... The manner in which this book is being given and presented is a testimony of your love of God and His children. I admire your courage to publish this information....

[To would-be readers:] "Be prepared for some eye opening, startling facts. It's not for the faint of heart. See it for what it is, a weapon of Light forged against Darkness, come forth at the right time for the Great and Terrible battle that lies ahead of us. D. C. Markham's work exposes an entity so evil that if you dropped it in a bowl of sunlight, it would just float around, screaming for escape, remaining the inky black-as-pitch glob of 100% pure undiluted evil it is, for all eternity, never being penetrated or changed by the light it is immersed in. An evil that is the perpetrator of all ungodly miseries and woes in this world. An evil that has convinced and deceived the most vile mortals in this earthly kingdom that it can deliver on the promise of eternal life and a position of exalted authority in the universe in exchange for an oath and complete dedication to destroying every child of God come to this earth.

"D.C. Markham has pulled back the curtain to expose the Church of Satan, as it were, led by the Wizard of Oz, in all his dark unhallowed unglory."

— Glenda D.
"You have to read this book!!! Some of the documents and quotes included are incredibly powerful, and some I had never seen before in other books that have been written about the "elite." It explains so well what is happening in our world today and why. Brother Markham has allowed the "elite" to tell the story in their own words and has simply added some explanation on his part.

"Brother Markham doesn't come across as an inflammatory "nut-case". There have been books and other information in the past that I would have liked to share with family members, but I know that the family members would not receive the information well because of the extremist tone of the author. I am so excited that this is a book that is detailed and power-packed that I can share with my family members who don't understand what is happening behind the scenes in our world. [One family member], who thinks that all this preparation activity is crazy, is seeing things very differently after reading only a few parts of the book that I asked him to look at. He is ready to read the whole book. That is a miracle!"

— Gayle

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Received this email today from Christian:

Something very special that I'm pleased to share...
Some of you may recall a BYU (Provo) professor by the name of George W. Pace. He was a very popular lecturer and author at BYU through the 1970's and early 80's -- his classes were well beloved, and many of his lecturers were sold on audio tapes. He was named BYU professor of the year in 1979. About that time, he published a book called "What It Means to Know Christ" (the current third edition is renamed "Knowing Christ"), which encouraged readers to seek a personal relationship with Christ. Then, in 1982, the contents of his book was chided in several high-profile talks by Bruce R. McConkie, which he summarized developing a special spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ (and not so much with God the Father or the Holy Ghost) as "plain sectarian nonsense" and "gospel hobby." McConkie's derision was a huge blow to Brother Pace, yet he faced it with humility and dignity. He withdrew his book from publication, he was removed from his calling as Stake President, and his class enrollment dramatically dropped. Despite that he had done nothing to deserve such painful censure, and had been doctrinally correct from the start, he never attacked nor denigrated Brother McConkie for having caused this upon him. Truly, in Job-like fashion, he and his family silently suffered this trial that the Lord saw fit to place upon them. (It was later speculated that McConkie was reprimanded for this incident, and for downplaying Christ's importance, and was asked to reemphasize Jesus in his future teachings.)

Last week, I received a very humbling gift in the mail: an autographed copy of Knowing Christ, sent by Brother Pace. Along with the book was a letter from him. He explained that he was introduced to Volume I through a dear friend of his. This is what he said: "If I had a million dollars, I would pay it all gladly to purchase this book, it is of such worth to me. I read it cover to cover over several days, barely stopping to sleep. I have given a copy to all twelve of my children, and also to my good friends at BYU.... I am grateful for the amazing research you have made available regarding this vital message for our day. I appreciate the humble, but powerful spirit [that comes from your book] as I worked through and processed the information you provide. Thank you for this gift!"

Dear friends, today (November 5th) marks the one-year point since the publication of the book, There Are Save Two Churches Only - Volume I. I wish to thank everyone for their tremendous help and support in this project, especially in getting the word out about it. I do not consider it my book -- in every way I feel it is the Lord's book, as it never would have been created were it not for the constant promptings and encouragement of the Holy Spirit. Since its completion, I have put it in the Lord's hands -- so to speak.

I am pleased to announce that I have completed compilation videos of the presentations that I gave in Utah and California during February, 2013. They are viewable directly from the site's Multimedia page:
http://twochurchesonly.com/pages/purcha ... sentations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... as well as on the Dailymotion account I have created:
http://www.dailymotion.com/dcmarkham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The presentations are split into 7 video segments, as follows:
1. Introduction and General Overview (29:00)
2. Origins and Foundations of Secret Combinations (30:04)
3. Ancient Egypt (31:05)
4. Comparison of Kingdom Structures (9:10)
5. Modus Operandi (28:46)
6. Smoke, Mirrors and Freemasonry (22:33)
7. Post-Presentation Discussions (37:35)

There is also a single video with all segments together -- total running time is 3 hours 7 minutes.
I added several related clips within these videos to reinforce points that I make. I'm quite pleased with how these all turned out.
All these videos will be soon be available for direct download, free of charge, from the twochurchesonly.com site's Multimedia page. (I am a big believer in not relying on the Internet cloud -- I try to download a copy of every video I find interesting -- for we never know when something might get "memory holed" or otherwise disappear one day. This is why I make all the Supporting Material available to download from the website.)

I am nearing completion on creating a DVD product of these videos, which will be available for purchase through Createspace and Amazon as soon as they approve of the DVD's content, as well as the DVD case insert and disc cover designs. Hopefully, this will be completed and available in the next couple of weeks. The retail price will be $12.99 -- however, if purchased through Createspace, buyers can use discount codes which will remove the $6 donation from the total, allowing purchase at the cost of production of $6.99. The Createspace purchase link will be:
https://www.createspace.com/383713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(NOTE; Amazon does not honor Createspace's discount codes, so I have no choice but to offer it at the retail price through Amazon. They take quite a chunk -- out of the extra $6, they only pay out $2.19 per DVD sold. But I'm just glad it's distributed through Amazon. As you all know by now, I refuse to profit anything from this project anyway.)

Also, please know that I will also make this DVD product available as a free downloadable .iso file, which can be recorded on to blank DVD-R media. Additionally, the DVD case insert and printable disc cover design .jpg files will be included as well -- the identical ones provided to Createspace. Anyone is free to copy and distribute this DVD as much as possible -- everyone is completely welcome (even encouraged) to sell them and keep the proceeds, without a shred of obligation to me.

Other updates:
-- I'm finally focusing once again on completing the MP3 audio book recordings. They have been in limbo for months. Each recording takes about ten times longer to record and finalize than the length of the final recording. (Example: if a final recording is 30 minutes long, it requires approximately 300 minutes of my time to complete.)
-- Volume II is going through constant changes and updates. I keep discovering or receiving new information that requires me to revisit what I had assumed was completed. The content of Volume I now feels outdated and borderline-naive compared to what is going into Volume II. If readers felt jarred by what they read in Volume I, Volume II will shake them to their cores. I know that these matters have shaken me to the core as I have worked on how to present them -- and were it not for my steadfast testimony of the Living Christ, The Savior, and His Atonement, I would have been overwhelmed with despair to the point where I cannot continue.
-- The Holy Spirit has been my constant companion, but new trials are brewing in my personal life, and I pray the Lord will allot me enough time to complete this work before any crises occur. I do ask that you please keep me in your prayers.

Finally, please forgive me for this broadcast email -- I, myself, dislike impersonal emails which attempt to be broad responses. However, I am backlogged on many emails that I have wanted to respond to personally, to the point where too much time has passed -- please forgive me if you have emailed me and not received a response -- I treasure every email I receive, even the great forwarded news links and topics that get sent to me by several people -- I do manage to read them all, even if I do not respond.

Once again, thank you for your time, patience, and support. Please share these videos with friends and family; I pray that they can assist your efforts to wake them up to a better understanding of our awful situation.

Yours forever in Christ,
D. Christian Markham

TheLion
captain of 100

Post by TheLion »

Terrific book, I got up to page 85 to see if I would like it. Just ordered it off Amazon. Thank you for writing it.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Thanks, moonwhim, for mentioning "Knowing Christ". It is an excellent book that I highly recommend. Brother Pace is a genuinely good soul.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Ive been chomping at the bit for Book 2 since last winter. I missed this presentation due to a blizzard too. :(

Moss Man
captain of 100

Post by Moss Man »

I couldn't believe it when I read that Billy Graham and Norman Vincent Peale were at least 33rd degree masons!

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I feel that I have much to learn -- and I'm reading your books, DC Markham. Thanks so much for your research and efforts -- and sacrifice.
" I literally broke down and wept several times over the course of compiling and composing it. "
Yes, and I've found that the facts about the latter-day Gadiantons actually brings me to a much greater appreciation for the sacrifice and prophetic warnings of the Book of Mormon, such as Helaman 6 and subsequent chapters.

I love that man, George Pace also. Not too long after I was placed on Admin Leave by BYU administrators for my 9/11-related research and experiments (and what all else, I don't know)), I met George at Days grocery store in Edgemont (Provo). He was so kind. "How are you doing, Brother Jones?" he looked me right in the eye, with love and concern. He, too, has suffered much -- and has become such a wonderful disciple of Jesus Christ. It is JESUS, of course, who makes our success possible in the midst of such opposition.

Thanks so much, DC Markham and DRK, for your awesome contributions to the truth and awareness of our "awful situation". As Moroni noted in Ether 8, it is the commandment of the Lord that we awaken to a sense of our awful situation. This is not a mere commandment of men!

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Got this email from Christian today:
--------------------
Dear friends,

As promised, I have made the presentation videos available as free downloadable video files. Additionally, the DVD files have been approved and DVDs of the presentations are now available to be purchased from Createspace:
https://www.createspace.com/383713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It costs $6.99 to create one through Createspace -- so the price is set to $12.99, but I include discount codes within the product description remove the included donation.
Here they are:
To change the donation amount to $3 (final price $9.99), enter discount code: H759MLWL
To purchase the DVD at the cost of production ($6.99), enter discount code: U3P5CC3W

(NOTE: these discount codes only work when purchasing this product through Createspace directly. They will not work with purchases made through Amazon. The DVD will be available through Amazon in about a week.)

Some have asked me why I don't just price everything at the at-cost-of-production price, and then suggest a donation otherwise. The reason is because if I wish to distribute through Amazon I must provide Createspace -- which distributes automatically on Amazon -- a minimum price that covers both Createspace's production costs and Amazon's merchant fees, which are incremental but (depending on the product) usually end up around $3 to $5 per sold item. In the case of this DVD, if someone purchased it at $12.99 through Createspace, the entire $6 donation is passed to me --- when purchased through Amazon, I'll receive little more than $1. Frankly, I don't care -- it's great to have this distribution resource.

As I mentioned previously, I'm a big believer in downloading and saving all important files and media to personal hard drives, because we never know when critical documents will be "memory holed" and disappear from the Internet cloud -- not to mention that Internet connectivity and sites aren't always reliable. Therefore, I have made each of the presentation videos downloadable directly from the website. Each video is available to download at different levels of quality: 240p, 384p, 480p, and HD 720p.
Please visit http://twochurchesonly.com/pages/purcha ... sentations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, for those of you who are familiar with "burning" blank DVD-/+R media, I have made the DVD .iso image file (as well as the DVD case insert and printable DVD-disc label jpeg files) available for direct download.from the Two Churches Only website. I strongly encourage anyone who has the know-how (or desire to know-how) to download these files, record them onto blank DVDs, and distribute them to friends, families, ward members, etc. Although all-online content is quickly becoming more of the norm, quite a few people still don't use the Internet often, and would prefer popping a DVD into their player and watching it on their TV than sitting and watching something on a computer. Please prayerfully consider burning a small stack of these presentation DVDs to hand out to others, should the opportunity to share arise.
Again, visit Please visit http://twochurchesonly.com/pages/purcha ... sentations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the downloadable DVD files.

Now that these videos and DVD are completed, I'll focus once again on completing the audio book MP3 recordings.

Thank you all again for all your support and words of encouragement.

Yours in Christ,
D. Christian Markham

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Thank you Moonwhim for the updates. It's posts like these tat keep me coming back to this forum.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

I have tried downloading the .iso file, but it will only download 1G before it stops and says its complete.

Anybody had any success with this? I have tried 4x to do this now...all with the same result. Using Firefox 24.

I am considering downloading the 720p file and converting the file to VOB/ISO myself.

edit: Every file on that site stops at 1G. I wonder if the site is capped.

Caleby
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Caleby »

My favorite part of the book was the comparison of a scene from "The Incredibles" to secret combinations. After that, it was kind of downhill.

The attack on the Catholic Church made me feel like I was in a meeting with Gerald and Sandra Tanner watching "The Godmakers". Some of the most insightful spiritual writings I have ever read are by Pope John Paul II. Many of the thesis from "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" can be found in earlier Catholic writings. I always say that if you want to know what somebody believes, it is better to ask them rather than those who are disposed to see a particular belief in a negative light. We ask others to do this for LDS beliefs. Is it too much to do the same for them? A good place to start would be Veritatis Splendor by John Paul II.

Despite the authors claims to the contrary, the story about the Masonic Lodge deep underground in Texas was the very definition of heresay. It simply does not belong in any book in which the author wants to be taken seriously.

When I read this book I was reminded what Brigham Young once said. Orson Hyde, "After portraying his views upon that theory very carefully and minutely, he asked brother Joseph what he thought of it? He replied that it appeared very beautiful, and that he did not know of but one serious objection to it. Says brother, Hyde, 'What is that?' Joseph replied, 'it is not true.'" JD 4:266.

For me, the best book on secret combinations remains H. Verlan Anderson's "The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil." I will read volume two of this work and hope that it contains more substance and less tabloid. Right now, I would not recommend volume I.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

If you appreciate H. Verlan Anderson's "The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil" I highly recommend the book by Christopher S. Bentley "The Hidden Things Of Darkness - An Exposé Of The Enemies of Christ". "This book not only substantiates the ground-breaking material my father wrote in "The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil", it also carries on the work he did in using the scriptures to expose Satan's deceptive and well-hidden plan" (Hans V. Andersen, Jr.)

JohnnyRudick
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JohnnyRudick »

I will be watching for the movie. B-)

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

In your book, which my wife and I are in the process of reading, (we love it BTW; we'll be making a donation on payday) you write the following:
• As a result, Lucifer and all the spirits who followed him were imprisoned on the earth, eternally forbidden from receiving their own physical bodies.
• And here they have remained for thousands of years, desperate to trick, sucker, tempt, and deceive us vulnerable and gullible humans as we struggle for redemption.
I realize you are talking about what the Masons and other secret combinations believe and teach, but there is something that I wonder if you realize about the evil spirits on the earth today. It isn’t just the one third of spirits cast out of Heaven with Lucifer that are afflicting and tempting us. This one third became devils and demons. This one third does not include the unclean spirits, foul spirits and spirits of divination. These evil spirits are in addition to the devils and demons. They are the disembodied spirits of wicked people who died in their sins.

Brigham Young said, “Yes, we belong to that higher order of Spiritualism; our revelations are from above, yours from beneath. This is the difference. We receive revelation from Heaven, you receive your revelations from every foul spirit that has departed this life, and gone out of the bodies of mobbers, murderers, highwaymen, drunkards, thieves, liars, and every kind of debauched character, whose spirits are floating around here, and searching and seeking whom they can destroy; for they are the servants of the devil, and they are permitted to come now to reveal to the people.” (JD 13:281)

Parley P. Pratt said, “Many spirits of the departed, who are unhappy, linger in lonely wretchedness about the earth, and in the air, and especially about their ancient homesteads, and the places rendered dear to them by the memory of former scenes. The more wicked of these are the kind spoken of in Scripture, as "foul spirits," "unclean spirits," spirits who afflict persons in the flesh, and engender various diseases in the human system. They will sometimes enter human bodies, and will distract them….” (Key to the Science of Theology, pg 110)

There are also unclean spirits of religion also talked about by Elder Pratt:

“Among the diversified spirits abroad in the world, there are many religious spirits which are not of God, but which deceive those who have not the keys of Apostleship and Priesthood…

There is still another class of unholy spirits at work in the world, spirits diverse from all these, far more intelligent, and, if possible, still more dangerous. These are the spirit of divination, vision, foretelling, familiar spirits, "animal magnetism," or "mesmerism," etc., which reveal some important truths mixed with the greatest errors, and also display much intelligence….

These spirits generally deny the divinity of Christ, and the great truths of the atonement, and of the resurrection of the body. From this source are all the revelations which deny the ordinances of the Gospel, and the keys and gifts of the holy Apostleship.

Last of all, these are they who climb up in some other way, besides the door, into the sheepfold; and who prophesy or work in their own name, and not in the name of Jesus Christ.” (Ibid, 111-113)

President Heber C. Kimball gave a discourse in a general conference:

“God says, ‘My house is a house of order, and not of confusion.’ The Holy Ghost will not dwell where there is confusion. I do not ask you whether you know this or not, because everyone knows that confusion does not come from the Father, nor from the Son. Does it come from the Holy Ghost? Everyone of you will answer, ‘No.’ Where does it come from? It comes from the author of confusion, and is produced by those who rebel against God and against His authority. There were many who did this formerly, and they form part of that hell which brother Wells was talking about. Although those men and women are dead, they have a good deal of power; their spirits have power over us when we render ourselves subject to them; their spirits are busy at work. They are diligent in performing the work of destruction and confusion; they go at that work the very moment their spirits leave their bodies.

On the other hand, when righteous persons die, their spirits also go into the spirit world, but they go to work with the servants of God to help to do good, and to bring about the purposes of the Almighty pertaining to this earth; while wicked spirits, those who have been wicked in this probation, take the opposite course, just the same as they did here. I have said, a great many times, that that spirit which possesses us here will possess us when our spirits leave our bodies, and we shall there be very much the same as we are here.

If you are subject to rebellious spirits, or to a spirit of apostasy here, will you not have the same spirit beyond the veil that you had on this side? You will, and it will have power over you to lead you to do wrong, and it will control your spirits. If, then, you are opposed to the truth while you are here, you will be occupied in that opposition hereafter, for the spirit that is opposed to the work of God here, will be opposed to that work when beyond the veil.” (JD 4:273)

Brigham Young:

“Take those that were wicked designedly, who knowingly lived without the Gospel when it was within their reach, they are given up to the devil, they become tools to the devil and spirits of devils.

Go to the time when the Gospel came to the earth in the days of Joseph, take the wicked that have opposed this people and persecuted them to the death, and they are sent to hell. Where are they? They are in the spirit world, and are just as busy as they possibly can be to do everything they can against the Prophet and the Apostles, against Jesus and his kingdom. They are just as wicked and malicious in their actions against the cause of truth, as they were while on the earth in their fleshly tabernacles.” (JD 3:370)

“There are scores of evil spirits here—spirits of the old Gadianton robbers, some of whom inhabited these mountains, and used to go into the South and afflict the Nephites. There are millions of those spirits in the mountains, and they are ready to make us covetous, if they can; they are ready to lead astray every man and woman that wishes to be a Latter-day Saint. This may seem strange to some of you, but you will see them. As soon as your spirits are unlocked from these tabernacles, you are in the spirit world, and you will there have to contend against evil spirits as we here have to contend against wicked persons.” (JD 8:344)

These statements back up your book completely. There is so much more about this from the early church leaders that it would fill a book. This is why wickedness has increased so much as time passes. Many more wicked people die, who then become unclean and foul spirits, who then continue the work of Satan, afflicting, influencing and tempting the gullible. Wickedness increases exponentially as more evil people die and will continue to increase exponentially. Every one of those wicked people involved in the secret combinations influence and possess those inclined to become involved in secret combinations. It’s an on-going process.