How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?

Blocking unwanted participants

Postby »

I just wanted to thank the developer of this site for giving us the tools to block unwanted comments from those whom we would rather not interact with on this site.
It has been nice being able to interact with only those who contribute positive feedback and block those who seem to be on the site only to stir up contention.
Once again thanks. I find it interesting that it is so easy to forecast who will be be the ones to lead people to question the prophet or argue with anything that is presented. Once I blocked those type of individuals it created a much more pleasant experience on this site.
For those of you who are new to this site, you do have the means to block those who are offensive on this site. I would highly suggest trying it out.
NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Advertisements

Sponsored links

Re: Blocking unwanted participants

Postby »

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with this. I've been seriously considering leaving the site, but perhaps this is the answer. I've blocked a few already, but haven't given it much of a chance to see the results (in other words, how I feel as a result.) I think I'll give it a try as you've suggested.
mackej
captain of 10

Postby »

Yes I use the block frequently. Some people I block but I will press the link to view their comments most of the time anyway. :mrgreen: I think of this place as a building with lots of rooms..... if I feel like there's a bad spirit in a particular "room" (thread) I won't go in there.
By this shall men know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. ~ John 13:35
https://www.facebook.com/jason.farnsworth.33
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Postby »

I wish I knew what this thread was about so I could comment, but the OP and everyone who has posted on this thread is on my blocked list, so I don't know what they are saying. :wink:

Just kidding. :D
Squally
captain of 1,000

Postby »

I wish I knew what this thread was about so I could comment, but the OP and everyone who has posted on this thread is on my blocked list, so I don't know what they are saying. :wink:

Just kidding. :D

And you were on my friends list. Now I am hurt. :?
NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Postby »

[quote="NoGreaterLove"]I just wanted to thank the developer of this site for giving us the tools to block unwanted comments from those whom we would rather not interact with on this site.
It has been nice being able to interact with only those who contribute positive feedback and block those who seem to be on the site only to stir up contention.
Once again thanks. I find it interesting that it is so easy to forecast who will be be the ones to lead people to question the prophet or argue with anything that is presented. Once I blocked those type of individuals it created a much more pleasant experience on this site.
For those of you who are new to this site, you do have the means to block those who are offensive on this site. I would highly suggest trying it out.[/quote]

How does one go about blocking? I can't find anything labeled as such, or even a hint.

Thanks
freedomforall
The Chameleon 7000

Postby »

Is there a way to tell if you have been blocked?

p.s. if no one replies to this post I'm going to get suspicious... :lol:
------------------------------------------
http://www.LDSFreedomPortal.Net
Political Utterances from Prophets, Seers and Revelators
http://www.freedom-central.net/videos
Political Video Primer page - a must-see for the beginner! :)
MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Postby »

freedomfighter wrote:How does one go about blocking? I can't find anything labeled as such, or even a hint.

Thanks

Go to “My Profile”

Under “Options” click on “Friends & Foes”

Then click on “Manage Foes”

Then find “Add new foes”

Click on “Find a member”

Put who you want on the list and when done click “submit”

Postby »

I wonder if something like this could be implemented in wards...

just kidding :D
------------------------------------------
http://www.LDSFreedomPortal.Net
Political Utterances from Prophets, Seers and Revelators
http://www.freedom-central.net/videos
Political Video Primer page - a must-see for the beginner! :)
MasterOfNone
captain of 100

Postby »

Hey! We could have a block party! :lol: 8)

Best Regards,
Sharon in Mississippi
ready2prepare
captain of 1,000

Postby »

Maybe we should have a seperate scoring system for being blocked. It could be a Gadianton Power Ranking.
e-eye
captain of 100

Postby »

e-eye wrote:Maybe we should have a seperate scoring system for being blocked. It could be a Gadianton Power Ranking.

I agree, because disagreeing usually labels you a Gadianton........+1 Gad -1 credibility. ah jeez there goes my rating
When obedience ceases to be an irritation and becomes a quest, we are then endowed with power!
(ETB)
Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Return to Ideas/Suggestions for the Forum (or, Need Help?)