Attention Board Admin: I Have A Suggestion

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Tony
captain of 100

Attention Board Admin: I Have A Suggestion

Post by Tony »

General Discussions is "For discussion of political issues in general."

I propose moving any topics about the Church or anything Church related, such as the prophet, the resurrection, etc., to the Gospel Discussions forum, which is "For discussing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, etc."

I, myself, have been guilty of posting in this forum when I should have posted in the Gospel Discussions forum. I resolve to post there from now on if it is Church/gospel related.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Attention Board Admin: I Have A Suggestion

Post by A Random Phrase »

That's a good idea.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Speaking of posting in the correct forums, there is a sub-forum for making suggestions such as this. /forum nazi, #isn't_it_ironic

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Original_Intent wrote:Speaking of posting in the correct forums, there is a sub-forum for making suggestions such as this. /forum nazi, #isn't_it_ironic
:)) I didn't even notice it was in the wrong forum. I just clicked on "unread posts" and here this thread was.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Sometimes the best conversations are the ones that get off track the most.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

KMCopeland wrote:Sometimes the best conversations are the ones that get off track the most.
I've noticed that.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Original_Intent wrote:Speaking of posting in the correct forums, there is a sub-forum for making suggestions such as this. /forum nazi, #isn't_it_ironic
Oh, alright. I just moved it to the Ideas/Suggestions subforum.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Great. Now Tony is going to create a new thread, wondering where his post went......:))

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Tony wrote:I propose moving any topics about the Church or anything Church related, such as the prophet, the resurrection, etc., to the Gospel Discussions forum, which is "For discussing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, etc."
I do occasionally move threads/topics to the appropriate sub-forum, occasionally.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

There is an unsecured login to this site. A window is present that reads: this connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.

Insecure password warning in Firefox

What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. I tried this and it revealed the same problem.

You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection. This...I am doing now.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

You can access the site via https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com if you want an encrypted / SSL (more secure) connection.

Also, this isn't necessarily an issue.. the only change is that Google and some others have decided they prefer all websites to use https/ssl and so they are now displaying that message about a site being "insecure" when it's not using https. Eventually I will switch the site to being https by default.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

freedomforall wrote: March 17th, 2017, 1:53 am There is an unsecured login to this site. A window is present that reads: this connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.
etc.
I get the same thing. It's a firefox update (at least for me).

I was also wondering what it really meant. Thanks for clarifying that, Brian. When I first read the warning, I was like, "This is a forum! Do I really care?"