inappropriate post

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
worthit
captain of 100

inappropriate post

Post by worthit »

Man cuts woman's head off in Oklahoma.

in General Discussions, by Fiannan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 am

Wow. Don't we have enough of this without littering this forum with it? What does it have to do with the saints?
Could we please remove this post?

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: inappropriate post

Post by SmallFarm »

If you click the '!' in the triangle on the post in question. It will send a report of the inappropriate post to the moderators, without the need of starting a separate thread.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

It's a news item.

Chill.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Yeah I don't really see a violation of rules. Perhaps a PM to Fiannan to tone down the language in the thread title for the more sensitive forum participants.

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

And it came to pass that when Coriantumr had leaned upon his sword, that he rested a little, he smote off the head of Shiz.

And it came to pass that after he had smitten off the head of Shiz, that Shiz raised up on his hands and fell; and after that he had struggled for breath, he died
. - Ether 15:30-31

What's inappropriate about head chopping when our scriptures have plenty of chopped head stories?

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

I've never quite been able to picture that verse in my
Mind. How does he struggle
For breath if .. His... Nose isn't.. On anymore?? I mean... I guess his (oh dear) head tries to breathe... (Shudder)

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

His mother was a chicken.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Bananikka wrote:I've never quite been able to picture that verse in my
Mind. How does he struggle
For breath if .. His... Nose isn't.. On anymore?? I mean... I guess his (oh dear) head tries to breathe... (Shudder)
Or maybe it isn't his head that tries to breathe, maybe the rest of his body tries to breathe...

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I created a similar topic not so recently:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article from the source has since been removed. But at that point in time, I was so gut wrenched by this atrocity that it bothered me for days or weeks. It was a month later that I came to terms with it and found peace because on the flip side, many of those terrorists are finding Christ and I have made it a point to share their conversion stories:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35418" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those terrorists are as misguided as anyone can ever get, but that is all they have known. Just like the wicked Lamanites before they buried their weapons of war. But oh, what a transformation by the power of our Savior, Jesus Christ! And what would it be like if the Covenant Gentiles were as diligent in our callings, duties and covenants to our God as those Jihadists are in their zeal to Allah? Surely Zion would have been redeemed by now.