Help Wanted: LDSFF Moderators Needed

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Re: Help Wanted: LDSFF Moderators Needed

Post by Mahonri »

I guarantee that's not how it went down :o)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

spill...

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

He turned me into a newt!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Got my flu shot yesterday, gotta tell everybody about it! Screamed at a bunch of paulistas last night in my sleep, attempted to teach salvation to copious unbelievers, laughed out loud at Petes posts, screamed at Jules for castigating me, took on the heartlanders, screamed again at Jules-----

I humbly suggest Shadow and Mark!

Uh, how much does it pay???

bobBY
Last edited by bobhenstra on September 14th, 2014, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

bobhenstra wrote:Got my flu shot yesterday, gotta tell everybody about it! Screamed at a bunch of paulistas last night in my sleep, attempted to teach salvation to copious unbelievers, laughed out loud at Petes posts, screamed at Jules for castigating me, took on the heartlanders, screamed again at Jules-----

bobBY
Still a gentleman I see, Bob.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Ezra Taylor wrote:
Jules wrote:
iamse7en wrote:I nominate Mahonri. :D
=)) He already quit too!
Pretty sure that's not how it went down :ymcowboy:
I don't think I was ever even told how it went down - I didn't mean to say something untrue. My point was just to joke about how un-fun it can be sometimes, to moderate. I suppose I should let Mahonri speak for himself.

Mahonri, did you enjoy moderating here?

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Jules wrote:
bobhenstra wrote:Got my flu shot yesterday, gotta tell everybody about it! Screamed at a bunch of paulistas last night in my sleep, attempted to teach salvation to copious unbelievers, laughed out loud at Petes posts, screamed at Jules for castigating me, took on the heartlanders, screamed again at Jules-----

bobBY
Still a gentleman I see, Bob.
I said "humbly!"

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Again I ask, How much does the job pay? I'm not asking for myself, I'm asking for Jules, offer her more money and she might stay!

Bob

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

bobhenstra wrote:Again I ask, How much does the job pay? I'm not asking for myself, I'm asking for Jules, offer her more money and she might stay!

Bob
Bob, I think I like you for a minute... ;)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Sorry, it doesn't pay anything :( unless you consider the crap that we have to deal with a form of payment :-s
bobhenstra wrote:Again I ask, How much does the job pay? I'm not asking for myself, I'm asking for Jules, offer her more money and she might stay!

Bob

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Jules wrote:

Bob
Bob, I think I like you for a minute... ;)
A minute?? Whats not to like??

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I get paid in blessings.... ;;) O:-)
BrianM wrote:Sorry, it doesn't pay anything :( unless you consider the crap that we have to deal with a form of payment :-s

Bob

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Oh, ok, ok--I know a rich guy on this site who has the time- My very good friend Dr. Steve Jones! Votes please??

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I haven't made any decisions yet on new moderators but please let me know if you want to suggest anyone else or volunteer, etc... I'll give consideration to everyone mentioned and then make some changes in the coming days.

Thanks for all the input so far. :D

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »

:ymparty: :-B :ymapplause:

ChantDownBabylonNWO
captain of 10

Post by ChantDownBabylonNWO »

ajax wrote:I joined because of the contentious threads. I thought is was cool that there was a place that people could hash out ideas. The problem is, I think we are all too overly sensitive about the ideas we hold. Chill.
I agree, I have no problem with any questions posed. If someones thread or ideas or words shake your faith in Christ and the building of Zion then you are going to have a real tough time dealing with the fiat currency implosion. I appreciate the site and joined because it seemed like a censor-FREE zone, but I admit I need to review the stated goals and rules. Freedom of Conscience seems to prevail on this site.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Jules wrote:
shadow wrote:
sen6b wrote:Maybe You should have mods on both sides of the issue. The snuffer mod can keep the Brethrenites in line and vise versa. Just a thought. :)
Yes, a non Snuffer would be a wonderful idea to even things up even if it's just barely. Other past mods like Jason and chelC saw the one sided hypocrisy and backed out or left completely.
A good mod on this forum moderates whether they agree with the situation or not. That means you moderate your own friends who are breaking the rules, and you moderate those you agree with who are breaking the rules. As a moderator, you commit to uphold the forum rules whether you agree with the rules or not. You respect that this is Brian's place, and you do things according to the way he wants them done, not your own personal preference. It also means you tolerate all the abuse you get from people who think you are being unfair and "satanic" - and from those who think you are victimizing them and not moderating others who break the rules.

Sorry Jason and ChelC couldn't handle it.
Rules got changed!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

I say that, initially, moderators should not have any power to have people disciplined or banned. I think there ought to be two or three arbitrators between the moderators and Brian. Moderators would naturally police the forum, send out warnings and report continued problems to the arbitrators...perhaps arbitrators whose names are anonymous. The arbitrators would analyze the complaints, objectively...no biases, only checking to see if rules are truly broken, and then one of two things would occur. 1--they would tell the mods that no rules were broken serious enough for further action, or 2--they would report to Brian for further action. That way Brian wouldn't be bombarded with every complaint normally coming in from mods.
Brian then can make a final judgement and either tell the mods to have more patience or ban the individual with good reason. This system would be fair and viable.
Since this forum is based on rules...rules set up by Brian, like:

Discussion of almost all topics is welcome, but promoting ideas and doctrine that are apostate and contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ will not be allowed.

Therefore, the moderators and arbitrators would not only believe in this rule, but will stand by it.
When and if a moderator agrees with doctrine promoted not in line with scripture or church doctrine, how can they moderate properly? If they themselves are for urging people to leave the fold and do things as they see fit, how can they moderate properly? If any moderator claims that the church is no longer needed when and if someone reaches a higher spiritual plain, how can they moderate properly?

If mocking church leadership, insinuating they are fallen and are only the arm of flesh, how can they moderate correctly according to the rules set forth? They must be in line with the forum rules in order to enforce them, right?

Moderators and arbitrators must be committed and dedicated to the Church of Jesus Christ and its doctrine before they can become an honest and fair instrument for LDSFF to operate as claimed.

I have a saying like this:
No eating establishment is any better than the cook in it. Now apply this to the forum, which is:
The forum is no better than the ones in their various stewardship's are running it.

Just my .02 worth.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I am the only one that can ban anyone from the forum. Moderators can give warnings and edit posts.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

freedomforall wrote:I say that, initially, moderators should not have any power to have people disciplined or banned. I think there ought to be two or three arbitrators between the moderators and Brian. Moderators would naturally police the forum, send out warnings and report continued problems to the arbitrators...perhaps arbitrators whose names are anonymous. The arbitrators would analyze the complaints, objectively...no biases, only checking to see if rules are truly broken, and then one of two things would occur. 1--they would tell the mods that no rules were broken serious enough for further action, or 2--they would report to Brian for further action. That way Brian wouldn't be bombarded with every complaint normally coming in from mods.
Brian then can make a final judgement and either tell the mods to have more patience or ban the individual with good reason. This system would be fair and viable.

Discussion of almost all topics is welcome, but promoting ideas and doctrine that are apostate and contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ will not be allowed.

Therefore, the moderators and arbitrators would not only believe in this rule, but will stand by it.
When and if a moderator agrees with doctrine promoted not in line with scripture or church doctrine, how can they moderate properly? If they themselves are for urging people to leave the fold and do things as they see fit, how can they moderate properly? If any moderator claims that the church is no longer needed when and if someone reaches a higher spiritual plain, how can they moderate properly?

If mocking church leadership, insinuating they are fallen and are only the arm of flesh, how can they moderate correctly according to the rules set forth? They must be in line with the forum rules in order to enforce them, right?

Moderators and arbitrators must be committed and dedicated to the Church of Jesus Christ and its doctrine before they can become an honest and fair instrument for LDSFF to operate as claimed.

I have a saying like this:
No eating establishment is any better than the cook in it. Now apply this to the forum, which is:
The forum is no better than the ones in their various stewardship's are running it.

Just my .02 worth.
Holy CRAP. That would be a LOT of work when I can just send someone a 'warning' to be nice.... lol

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Before you removed your other post FFA, I was going to respond and ask if you felt that you and I need to agree on doctrine in order for me to tell people to be nice on the forum.

It's ironic that those who are complaining about being censored (for posting rude comments, libel, etc.), wish to censor those who simply have different opinions than them.

There are no two people on the planet who think exactly alike about doctrine - even the leaders. (If that were the case, their talks would not be censored and edited by correlation after they are given, and they would not be saying things that are so different from each other at times.) So whose understanding of "doctrine" are we supposed to use as a standard?

Since this IS the LDS Freedom Forum, Brian affords us the freedom to disagree with each other. There are even non-members here on the forum - and all of the ones I know of (except for one who has decided to come back out of the woodwork), have been kind to others here as they have discussed their different views, and might make great moderators. So do you feel that nobody should be moderating unless they agree with you fully on all doctrine?

For the record, moderation is not about making sure everyone agrees with FFA, or the leaders, or anyone else here. It's about maintaining peace and kindness on the forum. I we had that, we would not have a need for moderation except to approve new posts.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Jules wrote:Before you removed your other post FFA, I was going to respond and ask if you felt that you and I need to agree on doctrine in order for me to tell people to be nice on the forum.

It's ironic that those who are complaining about being censored (for posting rude comments, libel, etc.), wish to censor those who simply have different opinions than them.

There are no two people on the planet who think exactly alike about doctrine - even the leaders. (If that were the case, their talks would not be censored and edited by correlation after they are given, and they would not be saying things that are so different from each other at times.) So whose understanding of "doctrine" are we supposed to use as a standard?

Since this IS the LDS Freedom Forum, Brian affords us the freedom to disagree with each other. There are even non-members here on the forum - and all of the ones I know of (except for one who has decided to come back out of the woodwork), have been kind to others here as they have discussed their different views, and might make great moderators. So do you feel that nobody should be moderating unless they agree with you fully on all doctrine?

For the record, moderation is not about making sure everyone agrees with FFA, or the leaders, or anyone else here. It's about maintaining peace and kindness on the forum. I we had that, we would not have a need for moderation except to approve new posts.
Can I respond to this without repercussions? Without threat of being banned? Would truth be acceptable or a favorable lie?

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

Silly FFA, clearly you have not spent enough time on this board lately. You don't understand that Gospel of Jesus Christ does not equal TCOJCOLDS. The latter is merely a broken down vessel for those poor souls that haven't seen the light and don't have their calling and election sure.

It's a cleaver rule that allows for anything to be said about the church.

Sorry, I'm just saying it like I see it. I have been coming to this forum for a long time now and remember when we used to talk about liberty, the constitution, and political principles keeping in harmony with God's will. Now the discussion focuses around the the church and every time there is a new Snuffer talk, all the forum members that attend invite their fellow travelers at the talk and we get an additional influx of those that struggle with the church in it's current form and are seeking further light and knowledge. I am all for further light and knowledge. I seek it out, but I think the church is a critical vehicle in helping us obtain this further light and knowledge (note, not the only, but a critical), therefore for me the Gospel of Jesus Christ does equal TCOJCOLDS, but that is clearly out of fashion anymore here.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

freedomforall wrote:
Jules wrote:Before you removed your other post FFA, I was going to respond and ask if you felt that you and I need to agree on doctrine in order for me to tell people to be nice on the forum.

Can I respond to this without repercussions? Without threat of being banned? Would truth be acceptable or a favorable lie?
Can you say things while acting within the forum rules and guidelines? Do you need to read them first?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

An update regarding forum moderators..

SmallFarm and Army of Truth are new moderators in the general area of the forum.

Jules is going to be only a moderator in the HG private sub-forum.

For those that have expressed interest in being a moderator and are part of the Heavenly Gift sub-forum, please contact Jules about being a moderator in that area.

Still hoping for a few more new moderators in the general area of the forum. Contact me if you are interested or want to suggest others for consideration.

:-B